Thread: Anime With the Best Music?

Air from my lungs. Anime With the Best Music? Violet's Avatar

Anime With the Best Music?

In your opinion, which Anime(s) had the best music?

I'd have to say Ayashi No Ceres and Vampire Knight. They both have at least one song that gets stuck in my head. Ayashi No Ceres's whole sound track is really nice. The anime itself may not be all too good, but yeah, nice to listen to ^^;.

I really love the music for Devil May Cry. The main theme is stuck in my head right now. Also I have been looking for the Mermaid song from vol 1.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if this counts, but I have always loved the music from the Initial D or Wangan Midnight series. Definitely the games have better music then the animes of each, but they are still some of the best pieces of music that I have listened to while watching/playing/etc. so My vote would be for them. Plus, iD has Dave Rogers on their payroll, who is incapable of making a bad eurobeat song, so yeah!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo Anime With the Best Music? Lithium's Avatar
    Over all there are a few Anime I know of that have outstanding music.
    Bleach, BLOOD+, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Witchblade, Code Geass and Ergo Proxy.
    From each of them there is at least one song that I am in love with. I get most of my music from Anime which is why I have so many Japanese Artists in my playlists and their corrosponding CDs.
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

Air from my lungs. Anime With the Best Music? Violet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner Matsuda View Post
    Over all there are a few Anime I know of that have outstanding music.
    Bleach, BLOOD+, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Witchblade, Code Geass and Ergo Proxy.
    From each of them there is at least one song that I am in love with. I get most of my music from Anime which is why I have so many Japanese Artists in my playlists and their corrosponding CDs.

I LOVE Ghost in the Shell music. That one opening theme where she's crushing the doll in her hand was a really pretty song. Do you know who sung it or what it was called? Death Note's first season Opening theme was good too, but then they changed it and I didn't like the second one as much.

I hardly know any of the "hardcore" anime stuff so noone will probably agree with me since I have such a limited selection but I would say DBZ has some awesome music to set the urgency and doom at times. basically anything that plays when Vegeta is doing something is pretty BA (Bad-Ass). None of any in the series really has a good theme song though, they're pretty bad.

Also I do like some of the Inuyasha songs they play during the credits and some of their openings...
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo Anime With the Best Music? Lithium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    I LOVE Ghost in the Shell music. That one opening theme where she's crushing the doll in her hand was a really pretty song. Do you know who sung it or what it was called? Death Note's first season Opening theme was good too, but then they changed it and I didn't like the second one as much.

Hmm I have only really heard 2 opening songs from Ghost in the Shell, and they were Inner Universe and Rise both by Origa. If you listen to them, one of them might be it.

Oh you mean the WORLD by Nightmare. After I heard that song I fell in love with Nightmare and Death Note. But MAXIMUM THE HORMONE was a little much to put into the second season, although I am in love with MTH as well.

But yeah try Inner Universe and Rise. If it's not those, then I am sure if you type something on YouTube you might something. Or you could go to Limewire. Either works . . .
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

Anime With the Best Music? Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    I'll go and say Naruto Shippuden music, it's the best music that I've ever heard...For Japanese ppl

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

Registered User Anime With the Best Music? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the opening song on Cowboy Bebop. Its very jazzy.

Anime With the Best Music? V_Translanka's Avatar
    Yeah, I've gotta go with Cowboy Bebop too...Samurai Champloo as well. Both anime took unique approaches to their musical style and made it work really well with their contrasting settings. Verra cool stuff from both series.

Registered User Anime With the Best Music? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Samurai champloo had good music.

I also want to add to my list of good music the theme for Lupin the 3rd......its also jazzy.

Wings of Light and Dark spread afar Anime With the Best Music? -x-DarkHeart-x-'s Avatar
    Bleach.. i love it..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DarkSquall: God Father
    Athna Loveil:AnimeCrazed Sister
    brnthsdiscout: FF Lovin' Sister
    Rasler+: Sport Stacking Grandpa
    diaryofjane: My Crazy Music-Loving GodMother
    E L L Y: My imaginary sister =3
    H.U.N.K: My Hunky Cousin..lol
    x-Anonymous-X: My Annoying Mother ( and annoying sister in real life..)
    Mona Lisa Overdrive: Self-proclaimed god

Whistling Songbird Anime With the Best Music? Asectic's Avatar
    I'd say the music from Gundam Seed and its sequel Destiny. Some of them are peaceful, amazing, and great. Yeah, those two words are the same. Especially Lacus's songs.

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

I would say Elfen Lied it's so soft and pieceful but also brings fear into the bones but u don't need to know the words the tune is addictive and also works when ur just down a random hall and u wanna freak everyone out around u lol

Waiting for Versus Anime With the Best Music? angeal18's Avatar
    i agree with dark squall that naruto shippudens music is insane! blue bird has to be the best naruto/naruto shippuden opening ever!

Anime With the Best Music? Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    i agree with dark squall that naruto shippudens music is insane! blue bird has to be the best naruto/naruto shippuden opening ever!
    Goddammit did you heard this one?!!
    I actually download it and put it on my I-mate it's the best opening ever!!!

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

Waiting for Versus Anime With the Best Music? angeal18's Avatar
    i know its cool but all shippuden openings were cool

There are some great anime soundtracks out there, but I have to say that the music in Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost In The Shell, and Cowboy Bebop are all pretty high up on the charts. My favorites are the ones by Key, though, with the music in Kanon (2006), Air TV, and Clannad.

Registered User Anime With the Best Music? Yesha's Avatar
    Mine! I wouLd say my fav. opening (intros) music ever was from the SLamdunk and aLso Fushigi Yugi (Curious pLay), the one from Cowboy Bebop is aLso good too.. :-)

EDIT: I forgot that I aLso Like the music from dragonbaLL Z.. and the theme song from "Ghost Fighter or Yu Yu Hakusho" is addictive!!

For me "Yu Yu Hakusho's musics are the the best!"
    Last edited by Yesha; 12-07-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Anime With the Best Music? SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden
    Okay, I'm a little upset with the fact that Cowboy Bebop hasn't been mentioned nearly as much as it should. Are there shows where one or two songs will be stuck in my head because they're catchy? Sure (curse you, Yuki Kajiura; much of what you write gets stuck in my head...for whatever anime it may be), but Cowboy Bebop, in my mind, has the best soundtrack for any show. Most of it is pure brilliant, and it made even more so from the fact that Yoko Kanno can just pull off all these different styles effortlessly (another contender I'd throw into the mix is the much glossed over but highly awesome Wolf's Rain, also with music by Kanno). At least she's getting credit for her Ghost in the Shell stuff, but yeah...Cowboy Bebop's definitely the way to go.
    Last edited by SSJ4 Goku; 11-23-2008 at 09:47 PM.

DarkEternal
    I guess I'll choose Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)'s ending theme, Karinui.

For a show like this, i find that the song somewhat expresses it very well. The starting song's pretty nice too (Sakasama no Cho), I like the starting song better, but I thought the ending song expressed the entire show pretty much well.... I mean, its like the moment you listen to that song itself, you could already tell what the show might roughly be about...

.. Or at least, to me.

Blog Entries
    I agree with everyone who said Cowboy Bebop, SSJ4 Goku especially; Yoko Kanno is awesome. "Call me, Call me" is one of my favorite songs (now that I think about it... should've been in my "Top 10 favorite songs ever" post over in the music forum. Dammit.) That said, I couldn't stand the soundtrack to Samurai Shamploo. It actually made me like that show less over all. I just don't like rap or hip hop very much; there are only certain artists of rap that I like listening to, usually because they have a unique style, or they are funny. I don't think I like hip hop at all, although there might be some I'm not thinking of.

I also really liked the music in Bleach and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Songs like "Life's A Boat" and "Happily Ever After" are great. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Warrior Ninja Anime With the Best Music? Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    I'd have to say the anime with the best music was FullMetal Alchemist ^^...I loved all the opening themes and thought in general it had the best...=] Another anime that I think had good soundtrack was Naruto...I like most of the songs from it =3

This is my sin... Anime With the Best Music? Lucid's Avatar
    ef - a tale of memories has some of the best pieces of music I've heard in anime in a long time.

"Countdown" is an incredible track. The scene that it's played in a simple scene of a conversation over the phone in a telephone booth, but it is one of the most emotional parts of the series. It definately sets the mood and urgency of the scene as the minutes on the phone tick down to 0.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    .hack//SIGN's soundtrack, most or all of which is done by See-Saw/Yuki Kajiura. That's the one that comes to mind, anyway. A lot of her stuff is really good even if much of it is similar (naturally), but this soundtrack had a lot of standout pieces. I thought her style worked particularly well for the .hack world. It's all very... hazy, in a word. Great to listen to whether or not you've actually seen the anime, I would think.

A friend told me once that the .hack//SIGN DVDs actually have a voiceless track where you can just listen to the music, hahaha. I thought that was pretty cool, if it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime With the Best Music? Xanatos's Avatar
    Well there are few anime that have great music.First of them is Full Metal Alchemist.Naruto has some great songs as well at least the ones that Toshiro Masuda made.I also like music from anime Noir, Kajiura Yuki made some masterpiece songs.Digimon Tamers also has some well done soundtracks like The Biggest Dreamer by Wada Kouji or Card Slash.

dreamteam
    I think Air Gear has a great intro (YouTube - AirGear - Chain) but i guess DBZ conquers all. Its japanese musics are pretty amazing in the sens that without them you wouldn't indentify the same anime. I also recommend listenning to the intro of the new dragon ball kai because it's fairly good. I was also very impressed with the quality and the effort put into the bleach series. I haven't seen it in quit some time but when i did it kinda struck me.

I really loved the bgm in Mai HiME. *,* It was always sad yet hopeful and it fitted the story perfectly. x3
    Also Death Note was pretty good when it came to bgm. I even have a CD of the soundtrack here and it's quite nice to listen to it because you get all the feelings you had whilst watching it back. x3

And Cowboy Bebop is of course also very important >//< The music was just great. I liked all that jazz in it, although I normally don't listen to jazz. xD"

Just kind of there. Anime With the Best Music? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You ask me once, I'm going to say FLCL.
    You ask me again, I'm going to say FLCL.
    Furi Kuri, Fooly Cooly.

That is all.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Death note was good
    So long Sentiment.
    Go get raped.