Thread: XV will have multiple direct sequels

Mystyrion

XV will have multiple direct sequels

Final Fantasy XV Will Have Multiple Direct Sequels - IGN

Cool.... I hope, I haven't liked a sequel yet so...... Yeah.

Certified tech, come at me! XV will have multiple direct sequels SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They really need to focus on other titles like KHIII and maybe revive some good old square soft franchises. FF direct sequels should be more of a low priority. also, how about doing some projects for the Wii U? plenty of opportunity there.
    Currently Playing:

Sir Prize XV will have multiple direct sequels Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This...does not make me happy. **** sequels. Do you know why you make sequels? Because something is popular, not because you spec it to be popular. Square is taking a brutal gamble, making sequels without feedback. Thanks to this Lightning Returns and XIII-2 bullshit, we know it's a risky business. I know it takes a tremendous time to build a game from nothing and they don't want interest to fade. But if it's really good and worth a sequel, interest and demand will only increase. [See Also, FF7 remake and sidequels]

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 XV will have multiple direct sequels Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    IDK, if this game can hold out as being classified as DAF(Dope as F***), then I wouldn't mind sequels. I actually liked the sequels for the FF games, just cause it was another FF game that I got to play, so I didn't care. To me, FF is FF. I accept it for what it is. All the FF games have been DAF for me, so I had no qualms about it. You will not be getting any complaints from me when it comes to FF ^_^

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    My optimism gauge is nigh empty when concerning Squeenix. It certainly can't approve of already expanding the next FF game into a mini-franchise. Particularly with their past failures and the fact that this Final Fantasy has been a whopping eight years in Development(heaven?) and was JUST now publically promoted to rank of Main series title. It was a spin-off itself! We just now learned it was a main series title and now it's already getting spin-off of its own(we don't even know if the game will be any good)...which will inevitably become FF16 as the world continues to spiral into darkness and insanity!

-Sin

Consistently Average XV will have multiple direct sequels Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I understand them planning ahead but when they've already got plans for multiple sequals when the first game has only just been announced seems odd. Why not just focus on getting XV out of the way before moving on to XV-2/3/4/5?

It's possible there were changes to the plot or something during development that they thought could be made into a future game. IDK how it all works.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

I want to play a game. XV will have multiple direct sequels Zargabaath's Avatar
    I love FF X but if therr is one thing I don't like about it is it brought about FF X-2 & then the sequels appear to be flooding the series. I prefer the old way. Make a FF, release it then start working on a new FF, not a sequel.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Mystyrion
    I still have hope that they can turn around their sloppy sequelitis. They have made at least one sequel that I relatively enjoyed. FFVII: CC

#LOCKE4GOD XV will have multiple direct sequels Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystyrion View Post
    I still have hope that they can turn around their sloppy sequelitis. They have made at least one sequel that I relatively enjoyed. FFVII: CC
    I agree with this. If you're going to do sequels that are essentially spin-offs, do a proper spin-off. Mix it up. Change the genre. Push boundaries. X-2 and XIII-2 are just weird cousins of their main-series entries.

EDIT: I done goofed. FFVII: CC was okay; FFVII: DoC was awesome, but too short/easy.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    I guess I really am the only one who liked FF VII: DoC...

Damn...

-Sin

Mystyrion
    The first time I played FFVII: DoC I quit.
    The second time around I decided that I really wanted to go through it.
    Its a pretty decent game, but the controls were a bit wonky to me, coupled with the fact that I dislike the PS2 controller, it just wasn't a good mix.

CC was pretty solid for me as a prequel. I mean I knew what was going to happen, but it had some twists for me that I enjoyed. Gameplay was interesting, graphics were pretty good at least for the PSP, nothing of the soundtrack really stood out. But it was a solid game for me.

FFXII: Revenant Wings was another sequel that I really enjoyed. Didn't really care for the story all that much (and I didn't even beat XII). But gameplay was awesome.

Sequels are really hit and miss for me I guess.

Blog Entries
    I'm really good with 3rd person games with crappy controls. Someday, let me tell you all about Eve of Extinction. lol.
    I loved CC, but so did pretty much everyone else.

-Sin

XV better be as badass as I'm hoping it to be to have all these sequels. But look at XIII. It's apparently popular and good enough to have sequels.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

i... am not excited about this.

Registered User XV will have multiple direct sequels
    Considering the amount of time they have spent on this game, and what they have said about it being huge then I do see the logic and reasoning behind direct sequels to it. However, it does not fill me with excitement, only playing the game and then seeing the potential in it can do that.

Registered User XV will have multiple direct sequels Sang Hee's Avatar
    If only Mistwalker and its FF veterans would step in again and took up the series' legacy. So far I liked everything they've made. Squeenix can barely hold up anymore.

Have your eyes been opened? XV will have multiple direct sequels Nehi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I understand them planning ahead but when they've already got plans for multiple sequals when the first game has only just been announced seems odd. Why not just focus on getting XV out of the way before moving on to XV-2/3/4/5?

It's possible there were changes to the plot or something during development that they thought could be made into a future game. IDK how it all works.
    I agree. The title has literally been given a second chance and already they plan on making sequels? Of an online game? I hope they mean expansion packs like in FFXI, and not sequels... >_>

Registered User XV will have multiple direct sequels Sang Hee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post

That's a proof they don't give a damn about our feedback. They'll just shove those down our throats like they did with 13.