Thread: Will FFXV deliver?

Boxer of the Galaxy Will FFXV deliver? Rowan's Avatar

Will FFXV deliver?

Based on all that we know and all that we have seen over the years, do you think FFXV has what it takes to deliver the goods?

Heres my requirements;

-Fully traversable world map
    -Airship
    -Likeable characters
    -Great character development/progression (battle/levelling wise)

If they can satisfy those 4 simple requirements, we are 80% there.

Do you have any specific requirements or things you hope to see in the game?

The Quiet One Will FFXV deliver? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fully traversable world map? Are you referring to walking on an overworld map or something else?

I just want to play the game. For me, Square Enix hasn't failed me yet. Sure some games aren't as solid as others, but I enjoyed all of them. So I trust them to deliver another fun game. So I'm not really too worried. Tabata is in charge now and I'm super hyped for Type-0, so I believe in him.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Fully traversable world map? Are you referring to walking on an overworld map or something else?
    Pretty much like FFXII. That was amazing. Except it would be nice to be able to have flown around in an airship instead of using teleports. Something that isnt designed like a hallway would be nice. But from the footage it does seem like they are showing off their non-linear exploration as a point of note. Perhaps they are listening to their fans this time.

I just want to play the game. For me, Square Enix hasn't failed me yet. Sure some games aren't as solid as others, but I enjoyed all of them. So I trust them to deliver another fun game. So I'm not really too worried. Tabata is in charge now and I'm super hyped for Type-0, so I believe in him.
    I just want to play it too! I just hope its going to be worth the wait. I was 15 years old and in highschool when versus was announced. I am now 24, engaged and working full time saving for a house. Im super hyped for Type-0 as well, especially since that comparison video came out and I was able to see how much effort was put into creating higher quality textures. It looks gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    Alright, it just confused me. Since any game is going to have barriers, collision preventing you from going everywhere, so fully traversable is a hard thing to qualify in that sort of context for me. But yes, FFXV is already set to have what you're asking for. Don't know how they'll handle airships, since it is likely no going to have an over world map. And so it'll probably be like FFX again where you just select your destination. Though I think I remember them saying they wanted to try to make it completely seamless. So it could be an unending landscape until you hit a barrier.

Though I think I remember them saying they wanted to try to make it completely seamless. So it could be an unending landscape until you hit a barrier.
    Whats to say that you couldnt ride in airships and go through the barriers? Granted that the barrier didnt lead to a town... but what if there were airship docking areas in the towns?

Blog Entries
    The barrier I was referring to there would have been the end of the game world, so even an airship couldn't pass through that. But it is possible that they let you fly the airship around and dock. There are a couple of ways they could go about it, but it is possible.

Oh, just so I'm clear the barrier im reffering to is that which connects one area to another that would require a load time. I was just stating that even if the world was too big to be able to do a GTA style seamless map, it could still be like ff12 with seperate locations that load, its just you would be able to traverse all locations with an airship instead of running/using a car.

Blog Entries
    Alright. I'm going to guess though if they're trying for seamless that unless they are masked behind cutscenes, which is possible, that they are trying to aim for no loading between any area.

But I would guess that it is equally likely that they will have something like in FFX where at the end of the game you'll get your airship and travel the world in it.

It won't IMO. It's too bold and ambitious. That leaves less for other things like a vast world with towns, and other content. It'll have to compromise those in order to play like an interactive movie.

A new FF game I hope for all new shit. If I wanted to play another FF game with shit from previous titles. I'll go play everything prior to X.

Airship will be in it and their characters are likable, just maybe not for you
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I want to play a game. Will FFXV deliver? Zargabaath's Avatar
    It will deliver something. Good, Bad, or Ugly. There will be lovers and haters and those in the middle. I am hoping it delivers something better than the Lightning Saga; a waste drawing that out and should have ended after XIII. Airships have never been a must. A nice world, like FF XII, better yet - Xenoblade. No airship to traverse the world but it sure was amazing. Amazing. AMAZING I TELL YOU!!! Oh I would like an interesting supporting cast to y'know support that story.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    It won't IMO. It's too bold and ambitious. That leaves less for other things like a vast world with towns, and other content.
    If anything from the footage we've got so far, that almost seems like the most promising part for old school fans. Have you seen the footage of one of the towns? Also, its confirmed there are side missions to undertake from people from all of the towns in-game, so im sure it will actually be brimming with such content, should please you!

I gotta see it then. Still, the big action element of battles bothers me as well.

Consistently Average Will FFXV deliver? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't really been paying that much attention to any press releases or info on XV, but I'm remaining optimistic and these are some of the things i'd like to see/experience:

- A nice big world to explore that has some decent history/lore
    - A fun and engaging battle and leveling system
    - An interesting main cast (don't like cliche or bland characters)
    - Actual weapons and equipment, not just a weapon and accessory slot
    - A Final Fantasy feel

I don't think that's asking too much? If so i'll just stick to XII
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 02-10-2015 at 12:20 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I haven't really been paying that much attention to any press releases or info on XV, but I'm remaining optimistic and these are some of the things i'd like to see/experience:
    - A Final Fantasy feel
    Even though XII was great, I havnt had a FF feel since X.