Thread: TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo

The Quiet One TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo

We're a week out from the release of Type-0 and the demo for Final Fantasy XV. I imagine there is a lot of questions and unknowns still about Final Fantasy XV at this point. The demo is going to help to answer some of those questions, however not everyone is going to be getting Type-0 and not everyone may get Type-0 when it launches to obtain the demo.

So my question for everyone on the forums. Would you like me to record one of my playthroughs of the demo (yes I plan to play it multiple times) and upload it to the forums' youtube channel. Work got in the way last year, so I haven't finished my work on the Lightning Returns let's play. But this is a demo, so it'll be very short only 3-4 hours.

If you would like to see a playthrough let me know what you would like to see in the videos and I'll do what I can to accommodate. I haven't seen Loco in a while, but I assume he is getting the game as well and he might even stream it. I don't have a twitch account to stream it, but I guess voice your responses in the posts below. I'll see what I can work out.

I'd like to see what sort of responses I get. I'd like to make this a little more interactive with the members.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo Rowan's Avatar
    I have pre-oreded the collectors edition of type-0 so I am assuming I will be getting the demo also. I could also record some parts as well of anything I find interesting and then I could upload it here with a link from fb or something?

#LOCKE4GOD TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can someone explain the difference between Type-0 and XV for someone who hasn't being paying attention?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, all collector's editions come with the demo by default. Fortunately, the standard editions come with a special cover that says "Day One Edition" and you'll know you got the demo as well if it says that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between Type-0 and XV for someone who hasn't being paying attention?
    Type-0 is a PSP title that was only released in Japan and is now being ported and updated for the PS4 and XB1. FFXV is the original Versus XIII that has been rebranded and moved to the PS4 and XB1 from being a PS3 exclusive. They are both from the same director. I can go into more details, just let me know what differences you would like to know about.

#LOCKE4GOD TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. So they bear no relationship?

Blog Entries
    They do have a slight one. Both have origins as being part of the XIII series of Fabula Nova Crystalis, which means that they pull from the same mythology for the backdrops. You watch the most recent trailer for Type-0 you'll hear l'Cie brought up and XV may still have some mythology ties to XIII's mythology as well. I don't know if in the rebranding they completely cut all ties with the mythology that was originally going to make up Versus XIII.

But that is about the only tie. Remember even when the games were Agito XIII and Versus XIII they were never going to be in the same world or universe as XIII. The creators just made a mythology that they planned to be used for all three teams, which would then use and interpret the mythology in unique ways to suit the games that they were making. So if you have reservations because of the XIII stigma, you don't have to worry, they aren't connected. No more connected than FFVII and FFVIII are connected because they're in the same franchise sort of connection.

Lady Succubus TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also Type-0 used to be called Final Fantasy XIII Agito, if that rings a bell. It's basically a remake of the same game that never got brought out here, that Andro just said.

Blog Entries
    The only confusing thing is that Final Fantasy Agito exists now as a sequel mobile game to Type-0 that fleshes out all of the character's personal stories. So that's not confusing at all either.

The Old Skool Warrior TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I apologize, I'm around! Convention season is in full swing at the moment, and between PAX South ending and Emerald City coming soon, my spare time has been suuuuuper devoted to cosplay shit and also maaaaaybe a girl.

But, with Type-0 right around the corner, and FFXV and KH3 on the horizon, we should be getting a little more lively around here!

I would love to host a Let's Play or a Twitch stream for the demo, but I think the best idea is to have multiple people run the thing and I can just host the streams from my channel in order to help promote the content.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    I have no camera or microphone for recording anything. So it was just going to be a capture like I did with Lightning Returns. Where I try to produce something of a good quality to put out on the youtube channel we have. If people wanted it, I was actually going to get the needed work done on the channel to upgrade it to allow for longer videos and things, so that I don't have to make 15 minute shorts. So far I've heard nothing saying anyone wants it though.

The Old Skool Warrior TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well... I do!

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

chocolateer TFF Plays Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo 01habbo's Avatar
    Seeing a play through of the demo would be good. I had to cancel both type 0 and buying a ps4 console due to money issues, so I won't get to play the demo. However watching someone else play is a good idea, I watch quite a few people play games on youtube.

Blog Entries
    Be aware I have no audio recording equipment, so it is a no commentary just enjoy the game sort of playthrough. But I'll start doing the work to get things setup and insure that there are no issues.

I do like to produce these nicely, so it takes a bit of time. You can see with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFztSOeOmc and the channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2s...Z_VQ1Fxuf98Elg, what sort of things I've done so far.