Thread: Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed

The Quiet One Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed

Square Enix has announced via their twitter account that they will be releasing an update to the demo that shipped with Type-0. Dubbed Duscae 2.0, it will feature bug fixes and balance changes or adjustments based on the feedback from the fan survey taken. The update will be out in June for those with the demo. An exact date is not determined yet.

Source: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Ver. 2.0 Coming Early In June
    Attached Images Attached Images Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed-ffxvlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed Rowan's Avatar
    What have they changed exactly? What should I be noticing on a second playthrough of this demo?

Blog Entries
    I outline it in brief at the top of this thread, Square Enix Looking to Update Duscae Demo It's a lot of adjustments and balancing, things like the camera, new moves, a perfect dodge that doesn't consume MP. There are a good list of things, but these are all things that they want to do. It's not confirmed all of these are making it into the update.

I want to play a game. Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed Zargabaath's Avatar
    This is a really good move by Tabata & SE. I'm hoping to see a few improvements.

Targeting was real spotty at times in my experience. I was wanting to target a "mature elephants" right in front of me, say 40 feet, instead the game targeted an enemy to my left who was barely closer... Not cool. Camera was not quick enough in following the target as well. And there needs to be a better way to target specific enemies. One night I was doing a battle royale against creatures of the night when I was trying to target an Imperial drone who was behind an imp - I prioritize the drones - but I had such a hard time getting to target him that I wasted time and took unnecessary damage.

I also noticed that the menu during combat had a difficult time coming up. It seemed like I had to make sure Noctis was not moving in order for the menu to button to register. And I could not bring up the menu when Noctis was hanging from a vantage point - both of those need to be fixed. I need to be able to access the menu for items and such at a moments notice. Have to break takes away from immersion.

I would say the jogging speed of Noctis needs to be increased by in reality he needs to be able to run all the time. Games with such scope it can become a hassle traversing at such a slow pace. Hence, Noctis should be able to run all the time, like Shulk and Co. in Xenoblade. Isn't there going to be some type of teleportation system in FFXV? I could also go for the days being a bit longer; hell days seemed to be quick while nights lasted so long - even if they're both programmed to take the same amount of time.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Boxer of the Galaxy Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed Rowan's Avatar
    Its quite obvious by now, for those that havn't noticed, that they have no idea what they are doing. 10 years later we get an updated demo based on feedback for things they really ought to have figured out themselves. How long have these guys been making games? This is beyond a joke.

Blog Entries
    Rowan, they called this a demo to a public, but what this actually was the way they doing things is actually called a play test. Play tests are common things in the game industry, because as experienced as you are with game development and design, those making the game are too close to the work to be objective. So they grab gamers to play it and find out what is working and what isn't working and making changes from the feedback that they get. Because something that you design that makes sense and everyone else things makes sense may actually not because you're not thinking about it from someone that hasn't gone through the 2 years of development to know every minute of detail.

This is actually good, since given player response to their PS3 games, the public at large did not like them. Because they weren't listening to the fans about what was working and what wasn't working. They are now. They need to be listening because they want to make a game we want to play. They think or thought they knew, but it clear it was off the mark the last time around. And because they've been over the mark they need to learn where the mark is now. And the only way to do that is ask questions and get answers.

This isn't because they are bad at making games, they've just thought people want X, when they wanted Y. And they are finding out what Y is. This is as simple as just making another game like FFVI, because they're making an action RPG, not a turned base RPG. So they need to find out from Y how they can apply that through the filter of X that they are trying to make.

This is a positive thing, not a negative. Fans have been complaining for years that Square is out of touch or doesn't know what they're doing anymore. They're listening and acting now from what we're saying. They're doing what people have been wanting for years. Games can't be made in a vacuum.

I want to play a game. Episode Duscae 2.0 Confirmed Zargabaath's Avatar
    I understand and to an extent hold similar feelings as Rowan. Ten years and only a demo - terrible. And this has been the M.O. of FF for some releases.

At the same time, Andro's words do have weight. This is easily a better job done then FFXIII, where it was player tested by western audiences, gave their input, and the dev team/Toriyama was like "Too bad, it is too late to input any changes". Then what was the point?

If I am not mistaken, Tabata said that the demo was around 60% of the "finished" game, but in actuality the game was around 80%. As I said, releasing an updated version of the demo is a great move by the dev team - real smart. The fan-base gets to see a more finished version of the game and the updates to the game since the demo. Of course, some of this stuff should have been implemented from the beginning, in a common sense kind of way. But, I am just happy that this new director is doing more and keeping us included than Nomura ever did.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x