Thread: New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots

The Quiet One New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots

Square Enix released a few more details about the upcoming demo in advance of their livestream that will be coming later this week. The demo will have the plains and mountainous area shown off with the forest as well. There is also a cave to discover that will have hidden treasure, but the monsters inside are a little stronger than the ones outside. You will gain experience and then need to use the camp as explained before to level up and customize. While at camp you will be able to listen to them chat about events, cook to gain buffs and change out equipment. There is a cooking level as well as ingredients that can be bought or gained from killing monsters. The Behemoth will also be fightable, but you will have to find where he is hiding and he is powerful enough to wipe the party if not fought carefully. The other party members will also revive you when you fall.

Source: Final Fantasy XV Demo Will Let You Explore, Cook, And Fight Behemoth
    Attached Images Attached Images New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots-ffxvlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Quiet One New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The next batch of screenshots give a closer look at the Behemoth, the party and the world of the demo. All were seen in the trailer, but are now stills.

I know that is Cid but she has a striking resembles to Alysaa Zaidelle from FF13-2.......fishy
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I want to play a game. New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    While at camp you will be able to listen to them chat about events, cook to gain buffs and change out equipment.
    From what you can gather, can the player only change equipment in Camp Mode?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    Their exact wording is mess around with your equipment at camp. So it could be changing, it could just be customizing and upgrading. It is open-ended.

It's been a while since I looked at FFXIII-2 and Alysaa, but I'm just seeing the yellow as the only thing that was similar between them. But even if they are more similar, why is it fishy?

It's Fishy because of the events in FF13-2 and since these titles are "connected?"

Their hair color is the same. That is what I noticed first was their Hair Color, the face looks a bit similar to me.

I know lately they have been making some characters look the same as others.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    FFXIII series and the FFXV aren't connected, at least in the way I think you're thinking that they're connected. When they were XIII and Versus XIII, the only connection that they had together was the same one that Type-0 has with XIII. They use the same mythology as a framework, there was not going to be carry over characters, taking place in the same world or anything like that. Watch the videos of Type-0 and you'll the fingerprints of the mythology in there, l'Cie is used. It is the same for Versus. They were planning on using terms like l'Cie or Fal'Cie (though even the names/terms have different meanings in each game as well I'm pretty sure) in Versus like it was in XIII. But that was going to be the limit of it. So there are no ties in the way you're thinking to XV. They are no more connected than VIII and to IX.

Boxer of the Galaxy New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots Rowan's Avatar
    I hope they give her a cute little redneck accent in the english dub.

Blog Entries
    The trailer you're looking for with Cid's voice is this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO-bp376hw I guess it'll be up to you to decide if it is what you're looking for.

Boxer of the Galaxy New Final Fantasy XV Demo Details and Screenshots Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The trailer you're looking for with Cid's voice is this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO-bp376hw I guess it'll be up to you to decide if it is what you're looking for.
    Muh new waifu

Using the same Mythology just tells me it's another world in that realm/universe. They are all part of FNC, they have to be something that connects them and so far it's Etro who has been shown in FFXV.

I understand they are just using terms from the other games and they sort of do that already with previous titles but this just seems way to big and all this mythology and putting it part of the FNC, why wouldn't they have a connection? Compilation of FF7 are all connected.

Ivalice Alliance are all connected.

Why can't FNC?
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Using the same Mythology just tells me it's another world in that realm/universe. They are all part of FNC, they have to be something that connects them and so far it's Etro who has been shown in FFXV.
    I dunno about mythos connecting ff together. When sephiroth supernova's it blasted through our very own galaxy before somehow ending up at whatever planet ff7 was on.. which almost is made to appear like our own earth?

I'm only connecting The FNC games. Not the others.

The same mythos is whatever it's the fact they still have it part of the FNC. Every "series" like this have been connected in some sort of fashion.

Back to what I said

Compilation of FF7 all connected and Ivalice Alliance are all connected. The games they do this for have connected. To bring a much broad story telling.

I just find it stupid to use another mythos from another game and be like nope nothing connects. Same shit. That makes 0 sense.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Considering that I don't think the terms are being used in the same way, same realms seems unlikely. I don't know with certainty, but I doubt the l'Cie in Type-0 are given a focus by fal'Cie or anything like that. And they would have to if they are in the same realm, since they'd would have to follow the universes already established rules governing those. And I don't think that the students of Class Zero are l'Cie, which would be the only way they could use magic if it was following FFXIII established rules.

This isn't really any different from any other FF game using Shiva, Airship, Ragnarok, Ultima Weapon or Chocobo. All they just invented new things specifically for FNC games to make use of. Though at this point, FFXV has undergone a lot of changes since it was originally announced. In moving to FFXV, they may have completely dropped any notions of using the FNC created mythos and treating it like any other FF.

But as you said in your last sentence, I'm pretty sure that is how the original FNC was designed for FFXIII, Agito and Versus. They use the same mythos, but each team is allowed to interpret it in a different way. So nothing connects, they just have the same words. It might seem stupid, but I'm pretty sure that's whole it was originally designed by them when they announced it. As far as my understanding of it anyway.

You are right I do remember them saying each team is doing it their own way.

They took to long to make these games I forgot about that.
    Last edited by loaf; 02-16-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol