Thread: New Exploration Video Released for FFXV

The Quiet One New Exploration Video Released for FFXV Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post New Exploration Video Released for FFXV

Continuing the steady stream of content and videos about Final Fantasy XV, Square Enix has released not just one, but two new videos showing off their next anticipated Final Fantasy game. The first is a ten minute long video showing off the world that players will be exploring. Everything shown in the video was part of the demo coming next year with Type-0's release. The demo will represent only 10% of the entire world available for the full game and given the scale and scope it is looking to be very large.

While not clear yet, it does seem like a large amount of the land seen in the distance of many of the landscape shots will be traversable given the nature of the video and where the player goes just in it. It also gives further sense of scale for the creatures that are living in the world. They mentioned that fishing will be available, but also that they removed a lot of the NPCs and creatures in the world for the sake of the exploration of the environment for this video.

The second video is a tech demo of what they did to create what was seen in the trailer released earlier last month as well the environments.

Attached Images Attached Images New Exploration Video Released for FFXV-ffxvlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries
    If you're interested. Square Enix has released an updated version of the exploration video without any commentary and in 1080p. So it can all be taken in the whole HD glory.

Boxer of the Galaxy New Exploration Video Released for FFXV Rowan's Avatar
    I've been reading some very wierd comments on how this wont be able to run on ps4 hardware at 60fps at 1080p. Any thoughts on this?

Blog Entries
    Running at 1080p shouldn't be a problem. The 60fps, I'm not sure about. But it's a RPG so I don't really think that 60fps is a requirement. But at the same time, depending on how well optimized their engine is for visual fidelity it might be able to do 60fps. Though I would think that Square is going to be interested in pack as much into the game as they can visual and probably density wise. So their goal is probably to hit 30fps. Most games that aren't a FPS run on that and no one really worries about it.

Boxer of the Galaxy New Exploration Video Released for FFXV Rowan's Avatar
    For someone as visually critical as square enix, you'd think they would want this running at 60fps. I am a super geek when it comes to this stuff, and I can notice a substancial difference between 30 - 60 fps, i even notice a substancial difference between 60 - 120 fps as I have a monitor that is able to display 120fps (its 120hertz refresh rate). It matters not to me if the game is an FPS or not, in a visual sense, the more frames the better. I would hope that this game wont suffer from 30fps since the evil within looks terrible at that frame rate. I would think the ps4 would be more than capable of more than 30 FPS, otherwise, 'next-gen' is as about as powerful as my 4 year old graphics card.

Blog Entries
    It's not about if the PS4 is or not capable, but how the developer uses the console's power to their advantage. A poorly optimized game can get terrible FPS, while a greatly optimized game can get an amazing FPS. It's not solely on the console itself. It's going to be the developer and what they strive to achieve.

Square I think is going more interested in a visually dense and detailed world rather than one with a high framerate. Optimizations can get you so far, the rest is going have to be sacrificed from other parts of the game if you want better framerate. But anything goes, depends on what they value. It's just my guess since the accepted standard is 30 for consoles unless you're a FPS, that Square will probably aim for that.

But if they end up releasing for the PC at some point, like they are for the XIII series, it has 60 FPS, so you can play it with improved FPS there. For me, 30 or 60 isn't going to change my enjoyment of the game.