Thread: Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced

Square Enix just revealed that in addition to the PC release of Final Fantasy XV that there will be a new console version coming out for Final Fantasy XV, called the Royal Edition. This version of the game packs in all of the DLC and updates that they made in year one of the DLC plan, but also new content made specifically for this edition. The new content is a new dungeon at the end of the story, new super bosses, a new Armiger mode, the boat is now driveable and the ocean explorable, new gear and new story cutscenes. For owners of the game all of this new content will be available through a DLC pack for $20, so no need to buy the game over again.

Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced-ffxvlogo-new-2-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced Xanatos's Avatar
    Didn't have much incentive to buy this game when it first came out, still don't to be honest, but I'm glad once I do it will be a somewhat "finished" game compared to its original release.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Bananarama Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if this will be enough to make me want to replay the whole game. If there are additional cutscenes that could enhance the story, I feel like I'd like to see them as the game unfolds.
    A boat doesn't really excite me either. Maybe if turning the Regalia into a plane would be less of deathtrap, I'd be intrigued, but not really. If anything, the Regalia should have been made to become both a boat and a plane.

There really wasn't all that much motivation for me to finish the extra dungeons, I don't know if more of them would help
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

This ain't no place for no hero Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced Tiffany's Avatar
    I totally did that glitch before it got patched where you could go on your chocobo from Galdin Quay and went over to AngelGuard, then all the way to Altissia. I got stuck under a bridge tho so had to quit the game. I'm super excited for the boat lol. Like, can you get to Neflihiem? Ooooooh man!

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced Zargabaath's Avatar
    I am waiting for the 2018/2019 DLC to come out before replaying the game. I am sure there will be another edition that comes out once that is complete. I would like to replay the game with all the new changes, but I want the complete experience. Hopefully, SE will manage to incorporate the episodes into the main game akin to when the party is split up in FFVI. My current understanding is that the episodes are selected on the main title screen taking away from the story from flowing well and is a little jarring.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x