Thread: Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More

The Quiet One Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More

In advance of the Uncovered event next week for Final Fantasy XV, Director Tabata had a few new details to about the game. He confirmed that cactuars are in the game and are able to dodge the Shift Break. There will be a new trailer at the event, which was already expected. Sakaguchi spoke with him about the game and his impressions on it, but didn't go into details on what they discussion. The talked about tech demo will be playable at the event. The main story he said will take 50 hours to complete, which is longer than they originally estimated at 40 hours. He had more confirmation that airships will be in the game, but no word on if it is a free DLC update or in the retail game. They are making 30 fps their target and the resolution of the game will be announced at the event. He also said that they are working on a PS4 bundle.

Source: Final Fantasy XV Director On Main Story Length, Frame Rate, Airship, Cactuar, And More - Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More-ffxvlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Certified tech, come at me! Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would have liked to know at least if Sakaguchi approved or disapproved at how FFXV was turning out from his experience in the tech demo that he played.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I would have liked to know at least if Sakaguchi approved or disapproved at how FFXV was turning out from his experience in the tech demo that he played.
    If they didnt specify, that we can almost be certain that he had gripes with it.

The Quiet One Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didn't include it in the main post since I can't confirm it. But a comment on the article said that they found the interview about Sakaguchi said he enjoyed the demo, but that he's worried ATB and turned based fans will have trouble adapting to real time combat. To which Tabata mentioned a simplified combat option will be available to players. But since this was just a comment I don't know the accuracy of this since I don't have the interview available.

Certified tech, come at me! Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alrighty then, whether that comment has credibility or not, it's nice that sakaguchi is giving his feedback to the game, hopefully this will help make it into an even better game. FFXV has improved since its episode duscae demo and it's looking fantastic. I find it ironic that sakaguchi got involved somehow even though he's no longer with the FF franchise.
    Currently Playing:

30 fps?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with 30 fps, games are perfectly playable at that framerate.

Boxer of the Galaxy Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    There's nothing wrong with 30 fps, games are perfectly playable at that framerate.
    but games look far better at 60, and even better beyond that. I think though considering the hardware, that 30 fps is an acceptable frame rate. But it really does show how the hardware of ps4 is struggling to keep up with the standard for graphics.

Lady Succubus Tabata talks new details about Final Fantasy XV, Airships, Game Length and More Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You say that, but Toukiden Kiwami on PS4 runs at 60 fps. It's not struggling at all. 30 FPS is a design choice, most likely. They can do 60 if they want to.

Also, don't forget about the PS4.5 coming out soon. So even if it is 'struggling', well, the 4.5 won't be.