Thread: Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Square Enix announced today during the Sony Press Conference the previously announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be renamed as Final Fantasy XV. It has been confirmed for the PS4 and they showed off new footage from the game including new gameplay. One of the noteable features were Noctis has the ability to throw a sword at a location and teleport to it immediately.

Since we have a new FF mainline title. I'll be creating a new forum for it shortly for it to be setup in. In the meantime, General Final Fantasy will be location for FFXV info.

Source: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is Alive; Now Called Final Fantasy XV
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4-ffxvlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

My jaw was on the floor.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Screenshot of the game are now available as well. They are mostly just captured from the video. But there are some new previously unseen characters, either added to game or just not revealed. The man in the hood and the more flamboyant arriving character. Also seen in a younger Noctis and his father, likely from a flashback.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Rowan's Avatar
    That massive leviathan looked so freaking awesome.

I love stuff like that.

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So they got 1.5 main series games out in an entire generation. At this rate FFXV-2 will be on the PS5.

Any word on how much tie-in XV will have with XIII? (Weird that it was going to be linked, and is now two numerals apart.) If they're not making a new universe, I don't think they should be making a new main series title. Although I don't really follow gaming news. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

EDIT: Below, image 4. What is a lam?

Blog Entries
    A sense of the scale of the game comes out in one looks like new never seen before city that has a more magical and fantasy feel, to the Shinjuku inspired city Noctis lives in and was seen previously. They still showed him in a car and scenes from the old videos, so it is likely that the Shinjuku city is still going to be present. More in game was seen with Noctis navigating a mansion under attack. It is here that his teleporting is first shown off, something teased in the original trailer, but never seen in game until now.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Man, the giant city looked freaking amazing! SE was right when they said that if we saw it, our minds would be blown away by the sheer beauty of it. GAWD DAYUMN! I can tell that these new FF games are gonna be epiiiiic!

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Some of the monsters that the player will have to fight were shown off. It is possible the snake like creature is the summon Leviathan, a popular summon used in previous FF. It could be a boss only or an enemy the player must defeat first to control. Noting more clearly in the screenshots, the interface looks very streamlined, but also very similar to the setup of the KH series with a command menu and HP present. The player looks to be able to open the mini-map of the area and close it at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So they got 1.5 main series games out in an entire generation. At this rate FFXV-2 will be on the PS5.

Any word on how much tie-in XV will have with XIII? (Weird that it was going to be linked, and is now two numerals apart.) If they're not making a new universe, I don't think they should be making a new main series title. Although I don't really follow gaming news. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

With Dissidia happenings they are all connected through the Void.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

On the lam, means that you're on the run and hiding, usually from the authorities, but could just be from people hunting you. It is less used term these days.

As for the other question, I think because they are rebranding the game, they are they probably separating themselves completely from the XIII mythos. Originally the only thing tying the games together was that they were going to use the same mythology, l'Cie, fal'Cie, etc, but they were never the same world or even universe. It's weird, but it's Final Fantasy. It's like how every FF uses similar names and creatures, but they are reimagined differently or used in other ways. It's the same thing, but without a group of games it was going to have a nested mythology inside the FF mythology. Square isn't known for being straightforward these days.

Blog Entries
    Gotta admit I was impressed by the E3 trailer, seeing that Iron Giant then the Behemoth, then Leviathan tearing the shit out of everything.. I'm just sad that no moar FF's will likely see the PS2 now due to it being so dated.

Well.. aside from FF11 expansions in the JP regions, but those don't count lol.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm so excited Dawezy. I was already excited for this game when it was an uncertain fate, but my excitement is fully renewed. I will not be able to contain myself for a while. I want this game so badly.

Awesome stuff. Where's that cool trailer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    Final Fantasy 15 Gameplay Trailer - (Final Fantasy XV) PS4 / Xbox One - E3M13 - YouTube

One I got when I searched in the youtubes earlier this afternoon.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    You can find the trailer for FFXV on my thread that I made for everyone, but hasn't gotten much attention, so I am linking it here too: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...-revealed.html

Enjoy Odin1199

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Mind blown. It's like being part of a movie. Graphics, design, everything looked top notch. I think I'm gonna get a PS4 just for that.

Will it be as ARPG as the 13's or will it have a more complex action and command system? Magic, junctioning, summoning, combos, tactics, that's what I wanna see. Action is cool, but not enough.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 06-10-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Consistently Average Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought it would be a bit similar to the Ivalice games with same world, and relatively similar mythology etc. I haven't really been following XIII's universe so I know very little about it.

Haven't had a chance to flick through the photos or watch the trailer yet, but "yay a new main series Final Fantasy!"

EDIT: Or should I say "yay more forum activity!"
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I thought it would be a bit similar to the Ivalice games with same world, and relatively similar mythology etc.
    Hey maybe they will revive the Ivalice project that was scratched.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    You'll have to excuse my jaded response, but...

Maybe it's because of how Lost Odyssey and Dragon Age: Origins (and to an extent, Eberron) has changed my expectations, but I really don't feel the enthusiasm for this new entry, almost exactly as I can't care less about Final Fantasy XIII.

Sure: it has really nice graphics. Perhaps some of the most impressive graphics around, specifically talking about the CG renders. The landscape looks truly amazing, but it's not enough to make me say "shut up and take my money, Squeenix!" However, the story...I can't feel attracted to it. The character art design of Noctis is...I feel repelled by it, but I really understand the reason behind its design: it's definitely meant to represent the modern Japanese male, the one that has abandoned the office looks and tries to be a bit more daring. Sadly, that's not what I ask for in a male lead. They revealed a bit about the story, which...hints of a family feud? Or rather, something along the lines of "must finished this accursed bloodline" or "this bloodline is the only one that can stop me, so I'll engage in its extermination for my plans to work", which shows promise...but there's this little something, which I can't quite grasp, that just turns me off. Perhaps it's because the lead and the supporting cast feels as if taken from a shounen manga/anime series, but they're trying to make a seinen manga/anime kind of story; to put it in perspective, it's like having a Devil May Cry game where the protagonist is Yugi Muto and his gang. It's dissonant. If Noctis' father was the protagonist, and perhaps its son was just part of the supporting cast, I might have been impressed. As it stands...I understand the "why", but not the "how": "why" the protagonists were designed that way, but not "how" they connect to this story.

And no: one of the reasons Noctis doesn't really interest me isn't because he looks like if Squall was raised like a rich snob. MAYBE it's because Noctis seems like a rich snob with skills, but definitely not because it seems like Nomura seems fresh out of ideas and is recycling them.

Then I see what seems to be the battle scenes, and...it just screams "bull****". It's not that I refuse to believe the game will play that way (it most certainly can), nor that I can't stomach that type of gameplay (else, I'd be a hypocrite as most modern RPGs such as Fable and Dragon Age have that kind of combat system), but that it looks just too good to be true. Sorta like "yeah, you might play this way, because the computer allows you; you either must have impressive reflexes or see the game dumbed down for you to succeed". Simply put: the gameplay will be really dumbed down when the actual game comes.

Another thing that bugs me is that I feel Squeenix took the easy way out. Instead of making true to their promise in full, they decided "well, this game is taking us too long and costly, so might as well use the next-gen consoles and rebrand it"; it feels they're too ambitious, and it feels like they're gonna fall down flat. Think about it: months without listening about Versus, and then they release a new trailer with impressive graphics and some (simulated) gameplay, when Squeenix is restructuring and in risk of losing its prestige...this feels like a gambit. They took a game in which they were working with, and knowing this is pretty much their last hope, they re-branded it to play on the hype. Maybe it's the experience with Fable talking, but this feels like it might be their actually Final Fantasy.

But, again: I placed above that I excuse myself for this jaded response. Please take it with a grain of salt: perhaps it's because the nostalgia for old-school games is kicking in, but I'm trying my very best to see the positive points behind the trailer. I still can't see why I must be amazed by the package.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Queen Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Crescent's Avatar
    If SE's development history is anything to go by, Nomura's ambition + PS4's hardware finally graced us with this beautiful game. Being the Director of XV, Nomura, has said that the characters of Final Fantasy Versus XIII (XV) will be the most realistic and believable in the Final Fantasy series yet and they will talk and behave like people from the real world. This clearly indicates the need for the PS4's advanced hardware in order to achieve that level of realism in terms of graphics and AI. If u watch the trailer again you would notice theres an emphasis on those moments with a change in the characters facial expressions. for instance the father n son moment at the dinner table when Regis' pokes his tongue out along with subtleties in eyebrows, forehead lines n the nasalabial folds then Noctis grinning n with his eyes then the automated mouth movements when he lifts the spoon to his mouth the detail in animation as it molds to fit it.
    Btw that father n son moment..its um a lil obvious what the creators are trying to establish there and what will ultimately happen.."A act of love by the last king." Just my speculation.
    -Theres alot of competing political sects(Niflheim n possibly Solheim,Tenebrae,Accordo) that are intent on wiping out the Lucis family that Noctis originates from. Their reason?? The "final crystal" that Noctis' family apparently holds/controls.
    -As we saw in the previous trailers Noctis' eyes are normally blue but will turn red only on some special occasion. Triggered on by something. Maybe the "light" and memories of the dead that are aligned with it-"Eyes that see the light of expiring souls"- that only He and Stella can see.
    O_O I'll stop.
    -Id like to know a bit more about Noctis' friends(not too much). Ignis is already one of my favourites. He is speaking at 2:01 hes much closer to the Prince being childhood friends than any of the other three seen before.
    -The game's combat system is a mix of Crisis Core, Devil May Cry, God Of War, Kingdom Hearts and Revengeance. Great looking environments that actually seem to serve a purpose, way more fluid combat, and more grounded design. Noctis also appears to be very maneuverable and posesses the ability to teleport which helps in his execution of melee and magic attacks. I loved Noctis teleporting on the sides of his castle to drive off the soldiers invading from above.

Haha I squealed when I heard Reno.

I'll be playing the Japanese version instead.

And can I just say it feels so good how one of the remaining members of Squaresoft single-handedly pwned that entire conference(gameswise) with BOTH HIS OWN games >XDDD

Heh..Niflheim..Reminds of the name of a hometown that was burnt down by someone very close to my heart..

FF15 won't be final, because people dig this type of shit these days. Cinematics, rich graphics, epic scenes, tight and fast action is all you need nowadays to make people swoon over a game. You can take story depth, world exploration, character development and complex battle system and throw it out the window. Noone needs that. At least not the average masses.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Microsoft fans will be getting FFXV too. I honestly thought this was going to be an exclusive, guess not! Final Fantasy XV Coming To Xbox One, Too

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

Apparently Microsoft fans will be getting FFXV too. I honestly thought this was going to be an exclusive, guess not! http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/final-fantasy-xv-coming-to-xbox-one-too/
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Xanatos's Avatar
    FF15 won't be final, because people dig this type of shit these days. Cinematics, rich graphics, epic scenes, tight and fast action is all you need nowadays to make people swoon over a game.
    Final Fantasy is well known for each and every element you just mentioned, in fact Square often exaggerates with cinematics and since SNES they strived towards gorgeous graphics.

You can take story depth, world exploration, character development and complex battle system and throw it out the window. Noone needs that. At least not the average masses.
    From what I read Versus will definitely have world exploration, it's battle system is similar to Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts 2, both far from shallow, but can be hectic to say the least, as for character development and story depth, we'll have to wait and see, can't be as shallow as Zelda... thus no need to be hasty.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Zargabaath's Avatar
    Don't know if you remember T.G. Oskar, but Final Fantasy Gaiden was rebranded as Final Fantasy IX.

I would like to know about character progression in the game. How much of a customization will the player have with the characters. Going back to form SE during the "Future of FF" couldn't say when the game will be released or how far along the game has been in development. That whole Future of FF was dissapointing, nothing new, game wise, was revealed. More like a recap from yesterday plus a pointless Q/A. How about keeping things a secret till your press conference SE? Hmmm? Or having more cards up your sleeve.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4
    Hate to break it to you Zargabaath but the only customization will be with Noctis. When I found out I felt my enthusiasm drop away as you have this huge world, all the time spent in development but you can only customize one character? Perhaps it's story related as he is the Prince, but still, not impressed.

Registered User Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4 Sang Hee's Avatar
    This might be seriously the only game that would make me wanna get PS4 so far.
    I don't really like Noctis' leather outfit so being able to change is good news for me. If I could, I'd have him running in his tuxedo all day long.