Thread: General Rules/Regulations for the Lit Forum

General Rules/Regulations for the Lit Forum Shan'do Spike's Avatar

General Rules/Regulations for the Lit Forum

Well, until my co-mod decides to wake up from his two-day slumber, the rules in the lit forum are just going to be the general TFF rules. For those of you who don't know where to find them, here is a link:

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/announcement.php?f=78

Well, enjoy. I'll post an actual announcement about the rules as soon as I get the offical ones set up.
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Lady Succubus General Rules/Regulations for the Lit Forum Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Critique & Criticism
    1. If you cannot handle critique or criticism, then do not post your work, or note that you only want praise.
    2. I highly encourage people critique each other's works, unless otherwise stated in their thread.
    3. The kind of critique that is not allowed, nor is it actually critique at all, are statements such as: This sucks or This is a pile of crap!. You could say those things, but if you do not give any reasons as to why, or fail to give any advice or tips on how to improve, then they are not critique.
    4. So please, if you are going to critique someone's work, please be honest about it and give them hints/ideas on how to improve.

And another thing, flow is an important asset in Poetry (And in Storywriting). It's not a style. It's not a genre. It's not an optional idea. It's mandatory. Lack of flow can kill a good poem. And big words < little words in poetry. Little words are always better.

If you have any questions on how to give critique, PM me.