Thread: Flesh is for Gods Comments

The Quiet One Flesh is for Gods Comments Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Flesh is for Gods Comments

Well I am back as I said I would be with another story. This is another anime based story, though it is going to be much different from the last one. It could be more easily seen as a live action, normal story sort of series as a lot of the traditional things that I did in the last story will not be here. That means it is not a comedy, though it is still remains a drama of course. But it is going to be more dramatic and focused on serious issues. However, it is more than just a simple drama, it is also a romance. And I guess I can never do things traditionally, it is not a romantic comedy as you already realized. So its a dramatic romance, I guess. Though the romance is just going to be element of the story, though it is definitely the focal point.

Now without revealing too much about the story before you read it. I have been working on this story a long time ago. This one is actually older than the Inner Man, I believe. I created this for my writing for animation class in college. And I knew that eventually that I would pick it up. I might seem like a frivolous reason, but I wanted to do because I love the title. I spent about a day, back then trying to work out a title for it. I had a long list of names and this one spoke to me. It was perfect, just the way I like it. I like having some mystery in the name and contradiction as well. Its unique and makes you think, while not really being completely descriptive for what the show is really about. But it is intriguing and makes you think and wonder. That's why its perfect, makes me so giddy.

The short summary of the show is that it takes place on earth in the future, far into the future where thinking machines have been developed. However, as so many stories often go with the machines becoming aware and placing dominance over the human race that did not happen. Oh the machines became aware, however, they lost and quite soundly too. Which has left them to use terrorist tactics in order to strike back at their enemy. While the world is crumbling into another crusade two unlikely people find each other. It will be them that changes the world and opens their eyes.

Now on to the next subject. This story or rather episode was written as a script originally. It was a 24 page script set up to be ready for filming, so to speak. I took that script that I wrote and reformatted it back into story form and included the details and description that was held to a minimum due to being a script. So it will appear much different from my typical style.

I'm not sure if it is going to work out, but I am going to attempt to do the entire series in a similar fashion. I am going to write out all of the dialogue first and then come back in and put the description and details in. If it doesn't work it doesn't, but it is going to lead to a more dialogue focused story, which may be more interesting to read. I don't know. Let me know what you think of this change.

The story is going to 13 episodes in length, unless something happens causing it to increase or decrease in length. However, it is unlikely that it will change greatly, but it was originally planned to be a 26 episode series. So I am going to be packing things in a little more and reducing the amount of filler there is in between the main plot points.

Enjoy!

And for those that read the first episode, I'll give you a preview of the next episode. I already have the entire series planned out thoroughly, unlike with the Inner Man, which was very spontanious. So I know what is going to happen in the following episode before I write them with as fair amount of clarity.

Preview for the next episode:

"When I saw her my heart stopped. It sounds so cliche, but its the truth. I could not believe it when I saw her that moment. Now I can't get her out of my mind. Every moment of my day is consumed thinking of her. I must find her.

"But how? I don't know where to begin and the city is so large. She is out there somewhere. I'll find her, some how. I can't stop my search nothing will stand before me."

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. A burning desire will set the path for the events to come. The trials ahead await the two in a world of tragedy."

"When life throws you bananas find strawberries."
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    This is AWESOME!
    It was like a better done version of an animatrix flick, only with better emotion, more interesting characters and it's BELIEVABLE.
    You've woven a web with this one, and it seems you've caught yourself a Howl.
    Can't wait for the next episode.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    I was going to reply sooner, but I felt that my post would have been too short. So I waited a little until my episode was just about ready. But I wanted to thank you for your comments Howl. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much. I hope that I do not disappoint with future episodes.

I finished the script version of the episode on Sunday, so now I'm just going through and putting the details and description in now. The episode turned out a little funnier than I was expecting. Its not really supposed to be a comedy, but episode itself does lend well to comedic value. So there will be an entertain scene to watch.

Its hard to tell right now, but it feels like the episode is a little slow. But that could just be me thinking about the first episode. The first episode spanned a week, while this one is only covering about 24 hours if that. So it feels much slower. Not as much actions either since it is a more dialogue heavy episode with a couple important things happening. Though the calm will not be lasting. Everything will pick back up in the following episode. Though a lot of this is the calm before the storm. Once the big climax hits it will all be heavy into action and dialogue. I'm hoping that I can lay out those tough questions which have no perfect answer as well. Since they really affects how a character plays out.

I'm probably going to have it up tomorrow. I'm aiming for the every two weeks that I have with Inner Man. Though I was babysitting dogs, so my sleep is destroyed. And with it destroyed, its been different to do serious concentration on this. Hopefully, that will change. I don't know how many times I'm going to be editing this. I hope that doesn't slow down the process too much.

Blog Entries
    I honestly thought that I was going to have this up in two weeks. I don't really know why it did not happen. There are plenty of reasons, but I do not that they should have stopped me. Either way, we have construction in our kitchen last weekend and I had two days of 12 hours each this week. So its enough to say that I used them as an opportunity not to be a forceful on myself as I should have been to finish it.

It is completed though, has been for a couple days, I just had not read it over for an edit. I did not edit it nearly as much as I was planning, but it is up at least. So I am going to moving into the next episode pretty quickly after this. This episode really has a different feel from the last one as you read through it. I am continuing to add more elements of the machines and what happened in the world to bring everyone to this point. So I am enjoying the slowly turning gears.

The next episode will continue to focus on Satoru and the woman of his dreams, in an almost literal meaning. But I will begin to introduce so more conflicts as well. This is a romance, but that is not the only element to the story. So you will be seeing more things entering in quickly. And as I am realizing writing this for a 13 episode series I am force to pack in a lot of things into each episode. I though this was going to be a short little 14 page episode but blew up to 17 pages without me trying too hard. But I have a lot to tell in 13 episodes so I cannot waste much time. So that will be something that I will enjoy.

Oddly enough when I was writing the first episode at the beginning I really hated Satoru. Though I did not hate him as much as Chiko from The Inner Man I wrote, I did not like Satoru. He was a ball of rage mass and it almost seemed unnecessary. But I think it show a good human quality to him, which is important in a series about man and machines. He can give in easily to emotions and loses control of himself. He has difficulty with matters and cannot even manage his own thoughts on his own. So I think he has his own charm as I continue to write more. Though unlike with Chiko I am still holding some lingering dislike for Satoru. He still has those moments where he is just a complete jerk and blows someone off. He so self centered and focused on what he wants that he is not polite to others at times. So it is difficult to like him at times. It seems a little strange of me to be analyzing a character that I created in such a way. He needs to be likable, you need to care about him and his life. Just because he is not caring all the time he still gets embarrassed and loves. So we will see how it goes. Satoru has a long way to go.

"She stopped my heart the first time I saw her and now I have found her. But here I am not with her once more having lunch. What am I going to do now? Can I even say what I want to her or will I just make a fool of myself?"

"Finding her seems to good to be true. There much be something wrong. I can feel that there is something bad that is going to happen. What is this feeling that I have? What is going to happen?"

"Is this meant to be, destined by our first meeting? I don't want to be a part, please come back!"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. Destiny has lined their stars to meet in the passionate skies. But if their light is to burn so brightly can it survive this time of strife? Partings are destined just as meetings are."

"When you see a bird going south ask not why is Winter coming, but where is the other to chase it."

The Persistent Flourish Flesh is for Gods Comments Alice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl Furore View Post
    This is AWESOME!
    It was like a better done version of an animatrix flick, only with better emotion, more interesting characters and it's BELIEVABLE.
    You've woven a web with this one, and it seems you've caught yourself a Howl.
    Can't wait for the next episode.
    'nuff said. I agree with Howl entirely. Interesting characters? Tick. Believable, realistic, etc? Tick. I've only probably read just 1/4 of it, but its already good. Like most people would say in these cases:
    I've only just read the first page and I already like it.
    Keep it up, and a great story you'll do.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the compliments OldBean. I'm glad that you enjoyed it thus far. I'm hoping I am able to maintain it all across the 13 episodes. Let me know what you think of future episodes you if you have the time to do so.

Well I got up the next episode, I had it finished since Monday, but I wanted time to edit it well and not just on a sleepy head Monday night. I had planned on getting up yesterday, but that fell through because I got distracted for a couple hours and only got through two-thirds of it when it came to 3am. Needless say that I did not have the time to finish. So I finished it up today and now it is up.

The third episode picks up immediately from where the last episode left with Satoru and the new woman in his life having a lunch. It is enough to say that there is plenty of awkwardness and comedic moments. I toned down the comedy a lot from Inner Man since this is meant to be much more serious all the way through. But love is fun at times and people still play around and joke, so I don't have to be completely angsty emo all the time.

And speaking of which, it is strange how many Satoru been changed in just a few episodes. My current track record of hating my main character and growing to like them seems to be still holding true. But Satoru changing a lot more than I was expecting. He went from being rude and angry to injured and concerned to distant and pensive to scared and frightened to lovesick and confused to emo-ish. Yeah, there isn't an and there. Either way, he is not really that emo, but he feels angsty a lot with all of the issues that he keeps having. But hey, when you have a near death experience its bound to rattle you. I'm looking forward the next change that he will be making and there will be plenty more for him to go through before it is all over.

I do feel a little differently about this episode than the last one though. The last felt slow as it spanned only about 24 hours and well this one does as well, but so much more has happened in that single day. But there are good reasons for that. You'll know why that is when you read it. Either way I'm building up things for the middle point of the series where things will really start speeding.

I'm still a week off from my schedule, as the fourth episode is technically due tomorrow. Its been a pain making up all the time that I lost with everything going on. But I am planning on hammering out the episode soon. And getting it up by Sunday, at least that is the goal for me. More than likely I'll have it finished on Sunday and edit on Monday, but we will see. I just have to get through the creating process.

Well enjoy the episode.

"I don't know if you call it a date or not. I'm still so confused by everything that has happened. But the world is moving so fast now. Everything is changing leaving me behind and I'm forced to catch up. But I don't want to if it means going to war. I can't help them make war machines to kill the machines. It won't solve anything.

"I have to do something...Asami, what should I do?"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. The crusade has been rekindled again and the cries of the public yearn for an end. The world is heading down the path of flames again taking everyone with it. What will become of the growing blossom, will it be crushed under the foot of chaos or will it bloom under the ray of hope?"

"When the hand moves to the one you should not be looking at your wrist."

Blog Entries
    Well I finally got the episode up even though I'm pretty late in getting it finished. I should have been up several days ago, but I do not really even know why I end up getting delayed. I usually start it up soon after the last one hoping to take back that time that I lost at the beginning. However, I only seem to be increasing it or at best making it two weeks long. Well I have tomorrow off so I'm planning on making use of it to hopefully get completely or nearly completely caught up. I don't know if I'll get episode 5 out that soon, but I hope that I can. These are not easy episodes to right given that I am taking a different approach and each one is just as long as the past.

This one I thought was actually going to end up coming out too soon. I think I only had seven pages of dialogue when I started adding the description. But I still managed to come out at sixteen pages as long as any of the others. And even more so in the amount of words which is over eight thousand. The last one was around seven, so there is even more in this one. Most Inner Man episode would only run around six to seven thousand. But these episodes are longer than most Inner Man as well.

Either way, things are starting to get interesting now. And the snowball effect has already begun. So things are going to be moving much faster now in the next episode. This episode covered a lot of things in a way that the others do not have the same feeling. It was a very chatty episode, but it was necessary. There were things that I needed to do and say. Which will start to lead into the future coming episodes.

The next two or three episodes will be very telling of the pacing and the tone of the story for the remainder of the series. It is going to be getting more violent and action packed. I'm going to be making more reveals as I go to a lot of the mysteries that are around. There is going to be a lot happening so remember what you read, because it will be important.

Well time for the preview for the next episode:

"She's gone...I can't find her wherever I looked. I don't know what to do anymore. What is going to happen to her? The world has gone crazy spinning out of control. No one can control the people anymore. Violence is breaking out and the government is doing nothing. What is going to happen?

"I have to do something. I can't let this continue. What is this? What is going on with Sakura? You can't do this, not now. Its immoral, I won't, I can't...

"Asami...please, where are you?"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. The world has begun to change and the darkness that lives in the hearts of man will bring a new terror that will cover the sky. What is going to become of man if they become inhuman, will those that are not human take new life or can those in despair find the light?"

"When the cherry blossoms fall shed not tears for the fading beauty of the tree for it decorates the heavens with sweet perfume."

Blog Entries
    I finally got this episode up. I had to take a week off because of a modeling test that I had to do. So that set me back and it took a while to get back into the motions of things with a solid week of me doing nothing but modeling. This should have been finished yesterday, but I fell asleep in my chair while editing this. So it was rather difficult to actually finish this and another thing that I needed to do. This also took a lot longer to edit than I expected, but oh well. It is done finally after being delayed by like three weeks. I'm now two episodes behind pretty much and I don't know how I am going to manage to catch up now. I would if I had not had the test, but it is was really important. So I had to put everything on hold.

Either way, here is the episode completed. There is actually quite a few new things introduced in the episode. There were a few things that I had not really planned out that happened, but I am pleased with the end result. The beginning page or two felt a little strange to me while I was editing it, but once I got past it things really picked up. And things really do snow ball in this episode. A lot of things start getting set up and there will be some even more important events happening in the coming episodes.

I even added a little of my inspiration to the episode. My view of robots or machines has always been more like Isaac Asimov's value in I, Robot. The book of short stories, not the horrible terrible movie adaptation that completely ruined it all. The vision he had in his short stories were machines with problems that humans had. They were like humans even though they were metal and not flesh. The best comparison would be Data from Star Trek. They got bored and would become confused and troubled. They were quite human and not the violent end of the world creatures that the movies always made them out to be. And while they are not even like that in my story. They are violent, but the original machines were like Asimov's. But I just added a little bit more reality. Either way, you will start seeing more of Asimov's machines in the coming episodes. I won't say any more than that for now.

"Am I going to die? What am going to do? I won't be able to see Asami's face or hear her voice anymore. The world has gone crazy and I can't take it anymore. This is really the end of the world this time, either way nothing is going to be same now.

"Should I die and let it end or should I fight back? Can I fight back? Everyone is against me, there is no one that is standing with me anymore. My friends have abandoned me and the only good thing in this world has abandoned me too.

"How can I go on living?"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. The changes are in motion and the shadow of Adam is falling on the machines. What will become of machines against a foe ill rationally bent on total destruction, will they find the hope to survive or doomed to death?"

"Metal is of machine and what they are created from, but is not the metal that sheds the blood the gods."

The Persistent Flourish Flesh is for Gods Comments Alice's Avatar
    Nice preview. I like the emotion, it is understandable why one would fear death.
    Anyway, I'll say something that lots of people say when people can't think of a way to say 'good job'. Good job.

Can't wait for the next episode, by that time I'll be finished with OldBean and I'll finally have some time to read this.

EDIT: I just read the whole of the first chapter in the other topic. I love the detail and the realism. I'll say the words again, 'good job'.
    Last edited by Alice; 11-09-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    I finally got the sixth episode finished. I can make a lot of excuses and I still probably will, but its my own fault that I did not get it done when I was supposed to. It started off when I had a test to do, which forced me away from writing for a whole week. And so I tried to recover from that and I started writing this episode. And then I would not so much get stuck, just distracted and go and do something else. Then I spent like the last two months slowly writing a page or two each week.

But I finally finished it at the beginning of this week, but then the forums went down. So I could not post it. It is finally posted and now I need to get working on the next episode as soon as I can. This was a difficult episode to manage to write for the amount of emotional drama I had to write without becoming overly repetitive and still getting the point across. I managed to do that and I think the worst is behind me. The snowballing event can be easily seen in this episode as I am building up things quickly. So it should be easier to plow through.

It was still a fun episode to write, though painfully drawn out as it was. I finally got to do a little action and fighting that was not heavily present in the previous episodes. But I'm going to try to keep push on and do honor to the award I received. I'm slacking too much with it.

I hope you enjoy the episode.

"I'm still having trouble believing what she said. This aching in my heart will not stop no matter how much I try to bury it away. I can't stop thinking about her, what does that make me?

"Lines in the sand are being drawn quickly. I have to pick a side, but can I follow my heart?

"I must save her..."

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods, the crazed world is burning in the flames of hatred, but a new side is about to reveal itself to the world. Which side will this new player pick, their decision will alter the path of the crusade."

"The grass is always greener on the other side, but the fence must always stand between for there can be do difference without division."

Blog Entries
    Its like some mid-season cliffhanger or something. Ugh! I can't believe that I let it drag on this long. Its been two month since the last episode. I honestly don't know what is up with me right now. I barely did not get it done tonight with the mood that I'm in. But I suffered through to get it read and posted. I'm glad that it is finally up. I'm going to try to actually get the next episode out in two weeks like I was doing. Considering the last two episodes, I don't know how easily I can keep that promise.

So the episode is finished. I think one reason that it dragged on was that it felt a little lacking at sometimes. If there was going to be one episode to miss this would be the one. There is a lot of importance on the episode, but alone it won't seem like it. That is mainly because it is building up to later episodes. There is character development that I wanted to do and I finally was able to in this episode. Kiyoshi got a lot of screen time. It is strange seeing as I had him as an important character in Satoru's life and yet he makes such in frequent appearances. Well this pushes him forward.

If my plans continue I think there is only going to be one more leap in time and the rest are just going to be all happening in the same day. There is going to be a large conclusion and lots of things happening. A lot of the pieces are in place right now with the first seven episodes now out of the way. Those pieces are going to start coming together now. So they will start making more sense and working together with each other.

I'm actually very excited about the next two episodes because of what will be happening. So I think that should help to encourage me to get through him. But I think that I've learned that I can't stand write the script and then detailing it in. It just does not work for me. It does give me a ton more dialogue. I have so much dialogue that every paragraph has spoken or thought words. Which compared to the previous works I've done it actually quite rare to see. But doing it that way just breaks up the flow that I have. I'm going to continue it out in the same style, since switching mid way would be wrong, but I'm never doing it again.

"Asami, you can't possibly want to kill them all. I know that can't be want you want. Can't you hear me? Asami! Asami, listen to me. Listen to my voice."

"I must...Satoru..."

"Please Asami! Stop! Don't do it!"

"Satoru! Get back now, you can't stop her!"

"Don't stop me, Kiyoshi! I've decided!"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods. Asami's heart has been frozen and Satoru's thawed. Now that he realizes the path before him is there enough time for him to act?"

"The lily can bloom in the snow covered slopes, but without sun everything dies."

Blog Entries
    It looks like I'm finally back on track. I was a few days off, but not the months that I had been previous. There was a definite change in things with this episode. I managed to nail out the dialogue in a couple hours and I have been able to breeze through the narrative description. This episode came together nice and fast. I would have finished it yesterday probably if it was not for the fact that I fell asleep on Monday.

Anyway, this is the episode that things really change. Nothing is the same anymore and nothing you thought was right is right anymore. And it is going to keep going now. I'm just going to be throwing more and more on the fire with each episode. The next episode will probably be a little slower pace due to the things that I'm going to be doing. But it is pretty much the calm before the storm since it is the beginning of the rising climax.

I've been waiting for this episode for a while because of things that I was looking for to doing. Now I can't wait for the next episode. I managed to pick that steam back up. So I think I should be able to polish off the remaining five episodes in the two and half months that they should take to complete.

"I don't know what is what anymore. The woman that I love is...the man that is my best friend is... What am I supposed to do anymore?

"They say that I have to decide, that its all up to me. I don't want it. I didn't ask for this at all. I just...I just...

"Kiyoshi...Asami...what should I do? Someone please help me?!"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods, Asami lays on the table with an unknown fate. Whether she lives or dies is in Satoru's hands and his alone. What does it mean to love a machine? Can a man actually love a machine?"

"Love exists in all things, even the waves love the cliffs caressing them in each beat, but it also draws up painful memories."

Blog Entries
    The next episode is up now, episode nine. It is Wednesday this time, one day earlier. Maybe I'll hit Sunday again when I hit the last episode. It would have been finished on Tuesday, but I fell asleep on Monday again. Mondays are weird for me.

But anyway, this is the last sort of slow moving episode. I still managed to cram a lot of things in the episode. It was almost going to be the shortest episode, but I added two pages more because I did not think I would have the time to add it in the next episode. But the next episodes are going to have a fair amount of action and all of the secrets and conspiracies that have been laying around will be revealed. I've already been making slow reveals in the last few episodes about the true nature of some characters. So now the big truths will start getting revealed.

When I wrote the script/dialogue for this episode I was a little puzzled. I was not sure if I should leave like it was or change it. Because the tone is so completely different at times from any other episode. I have some light hearted moments once and a while in the series, but over all its dark, depressing, moody and emotional. So this episode really does all of that and then mixes in comedy. I don't know I had sort of planned this for the character anyway, but even still. Once I got down to writing it, there was something about it that just made me say I should rewrite this its not the same as the rest. I did not though and I'm glad I did since all of comedy in this episode actually served a purpose that will be explained in the next episode. There was actually a subtle hint about it in this episode. If you have figure out what the purpose is congrats, maybe post what you think the purpose was. And we'll see who is right.

But as I also said this is last jump in time. The last four episodes all take place in the same day. So there are a lot of things that happen and for here out there will be one big thing after another rising up to the big climax and conclusion. Its going to be a fun ride to the end. I can't wait for the next episode.

The preview for the next episode:

"Kiyoshi..."

"Satoru, so you've got the guts to show up."

"I'm not running away anymore. I'm going to face you and world!"

"Can you fight your best friend?"

"I don't have a choice anymore. This is the path I've chosen. Prepare Kiyoshi!"

"You'll both be mine soon enough. You can't stop fate. This is destined to happen!"

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh if the Gods, Kiyoshi and Satoru face off as enemies now. Does Satoru have the strength and fortitude to kill his best friend or will Kiyoshi defeat him? Dark plans from the shadows are being revealed to the light threatening the world."

"Death can be a beautiful thing, but it becomes a truly ugly sight when it becomes meaningless."

Blog Entries
    Well I actually managed to get this done on Monday. I had the majority of it finished on Sunday, so it was not much too much work to complete it today. I was fortunate that I did not end up asleep like I usually do on Monday. So I'm almost back to my Sunday schedule, but only a day off is pretty good all things considered.

So episode ten begins the big climax for the show. The first of four episodes bringing the conclusion. As I said I think this was going to be more action packed than previous episodes. Pretty much it had more action than all of the rest of the episodes combined I think. Especially seeing as the only amount of action was in about two episodes. The rest I'm going to be putting in spoilers since I don't even want you to accidentally read this without reading the episode first.

Spoiler:
    Well big things happen. Really big things. There are a number of character deaths making for a rather depression episode all in all. It was a thrill to write, but I just ended up making this the kill everyone off episode or something. Everyone got to go out in a heroic manner and there was even some nice resolution with Tadashi. I was happy to bring them all back for this episode. I wanted to do that in the previous episode, but there was already so much that I was doing that I could not pack anymore in without it going over. So I put it here, which worked out well I think. Unfortunately, they were all so rushed you did not really get to see them before the action kicked in.

The strange thing while I was writing this episode I was thinking about a scene from End of Evangelion so much that I almost end up with a mirror image of the scene. I make it unique, but if you think about it you should spot it pretty clearly. But every time I look at it I can't help but be reminded of it.

Interestingly enough this is actually the longest episode so far breaking the previous fourth episode which was the longest at least in terms of number of words. I think the first episode might actually be the longest in pages. But this one rang in at 17+ pages. I knew already that this was going to be long when the dialogue script came out to a full seven pages, which never happened on the other scripts I wrote. They usually would barely break seven. So I knew I was in for a long episode, but I also knew that there was some dialogue points that were just going to be along without the need to description.

Well there is going to even more reveals in the next episode. So I will move on the preview for the next episode. I hope you enjoyed this one.

"The blood...I can't wash the blood off my hands."

"Satoru, we have to keep moving. There is no more time. They'll catch us."

"Asami, they're dead I killed them."

"They'll kill even more if we don't stop them. We can't let them stand in our way."

"For the future..."

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods, the military continue its relentless pursuit of Asami and Satoru. Yuu seeks to discover the truth behind what happened years ago and the plots that are unfolding now. The machine and human summit is beginning and a conspiracy spanning all is about to be revealed."

"Lies are a common practices, but it is not the truth that turns the world..."

Blog Entries
    I seems that I had a little slip, but I've been working overtime of 60 hours for 6 days a week for the last few weeks and continuing to do so. So that sort of slowed me down for a part and knocked my schedule off whack. But I'm back on track now. It took some time, but I managed to find a rhythm even with having few hours to work. So here it is episode 11 the next push in the climax.

This is a huge episode with me holding on to a lot of different threads all at the same time. I sometimes feel that there are too many stories happening all at once and in some cases there are. I have been continuing to grow the cast out with even more minor characters that have important roles, but so much of this is rush. I had wanted to space things out a lot more, but with the way things were I figured a month of recovering and wandering would be a little unrealistic. There was too many things that I could not logically explain on a month scale even though it would have worked out better for other things.

The whole summit was so quickly rushed together that seems a little unrealistic, but a summit in a week time span was a small price for a lot of things that I had already set up being too far spaced out. Oh well, whenever I make this into a manga I'm going to be altering things a little in the story making it flow a little smoother. I'm rushing in so many elements that it is difficult to give them their time to be developed. I have so many underdeveloped areas even though you know about them for a long time they just never were featured or mentioned. So in some ways they were already developed well in advance of being used as a primary plot device.

Anyway, it is here and finally completed. I'm getting very excited for the ending since I'm still tossing things around with how I want to do things. I had an original ending in mind, but I'm not sure if I want to stick to it or not anymore. I really do, but I have to find the right way of doing it, but there is also the idea of changing it to something that would work out equally as well. I guess I shall see what I end up doing.

"You can't hold me back anymore! I will save her at any cost!"

"Satoru get a hold of yourself. You can just go rushing, they'll kill you before you get anywhere close to her."

"I don't care Yuu! I know what I have to do know and nothing will stop me."

"I guess I have no choice, but to follow you and keep you alive."

"I'll be fine."

"Don't miss the next episode of Flesh is for Gods Episode 12, all of the powers at play are gathering around Satoru cornering the world in their webs of deceit. Will Satoru reach Asami in time before she kills everyone in the summit and can he break the programming that holds her in it's grips?"

"Knowing something small that affect a great many does not mean you know hold a vast knowledge..."

Blog Entries
    You know how I said that I was back on track? Well I was being a little more literal than you probably imagined. Yes, I've posted two episodes in the span about 2 hours. I'm just the good. ^^; No actually, I've had episode 11 finished since last week, but for some odd reason I never edited it and posted it. So I just kept writing settling on the decision that I would just take them both at once. I then spent this week writing episode 12.

So I think with the chaos of episode 11 I managed to find some stronger ground here in this episode. This is probably due to the fact that I did not really introduce anything new just simply working with the elements that I already had in place. I still managed to jump around a bit, but it tied up a few things and pushed some new things into the light. I also continue to make more and more reveals to Satoru and the audience. Though I'm saving the biggest ones for the final episode of course. It'll be then that everything will be laid out.

So I will say that I enjoyed writing this episode quite a bit since I finally really get back to the romance thread of this story. Seeing as it starts out as a romance and then becomes an off and on put on hold romance you don't know if anything will ever come of it with these two forever being destiny to be fate's toys ripped apart just when you think everything will be alright for them. You still don't know if Satoru reached Asami, but at this point you probably have a good idea of what will be happening. Even still it is a good cliffhanger since Satoru finally said what he had been feeling for so many episodes now.

It make me happy and bring a little tear to my eyes to read the last lines. I've been waiting for the moment since I began writing this series. Now all I have to do is finish this up. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm going to have the final episode up next week Sunday probably. I just want to finish this and once it is completed I can move on.

"Asami I will make my voice reach you!"

"You can't save her. She is lost forever, gone!"

"That's not true. I know that she is in there. My voice will find her where every she is. It doesn't matter the distance or programming. Nothing will prevent us from being apart anymore!"

"Such romantic words wasted on someone that can't hear you."

"Don't miss the final climatic episode of Flesh is for Gods, everyone is gathered in the summit racing towards their goals. Who will reach Adam first and claim their reward? Can Satoru reach Asami in time to prevent the end of all machines?"

"When the end arrives nothing will stand in it's path, but the strength of wills can forge a shield to divert destruction..."

Blog Entries
    It might not have been Sunday, but it was pretty darn close all things considered. But anyway the final episode of Flesh is for Gods is up now. And yes I broke the 50k character limit for the episode and was forced to double post for it to fit. Though considering when you look at all of the episode each one of them are usually within 5k of the limit and at most 10k. So it is sometimes a wonder that I did not break it more often. Most of the episodes would hit around 16 pages this one nearly made it 20 pages with over 9k words. So I had a lot to do in a very short amount of time and it probably shows.

If you follow the style that it was written in through the course of the series it was pretty clear that I made sure to fill in details to just about every single line and usually filled them out a lot. However, if you look at this episode I did not do that nearly as much. I cut out a lot of description that I otherwise normally would have done for any other episode. I did that on purpose since when I finished with the script part, which was not really even finished (I'll get to that later) that it was at 9 pages already. I think I've said it before, but most scripts end up being 6 pages with it barely cracking a 7th. I know how long an episode will be from the length of the script. And when it hit 9 and I was done I knew I was going to be in trouble. So I purposely cut back on the details. I think it would have easily gone to 20 or 21 pages otherwise.

Now on the matter of being 9 pages and not being finished. Yeah, when I wrote the script I hit this point where I began to question the ending that I wanted. 5 years ago when I originally conceived this project I knew the ending that I wanted from the out set. I was determined to do that sort of ending, but when I reached that point I was not so sure that it would fit with the story anymore and the direction I was going. So I stopped and went to sleep deciding that I would figure out the ending when I get through the description phase.

So when I got back there fought for a little with about the two endings that I could take with it. I had both equally planned out and they would work out in their own way. But when I reached the point I realized what I was doing with Yuu and knew that it could not go any other way. So I stuck to my guns and went with the original ending that I had in mind rather than being soft. So I present you with the original ending that was conceived. And I think if I had gone with the other ending it would not have been as meaningful.

Now that this project is completed I am going to be starting up my next project. It still does not have a name and is still in a lot of development. So you might not see it for a month or so seeing as I'm working overtime still. But I'm going to working on it in the spare time that I have. However, it is going to be written in a different method. I'm writing it as though it were a manga and not anime episode. So what that means for you is that the style will still be the same, but they will be shorter in length. They will not be the crazy 16 pages that you are used to seeing from me. They will be at most be 6 pages, though I'm shooting for 4 or 5 pages. It will be something that is going to be more manageable for me seeing as I would often get behind on my dates. I will also be pumping them out as a great frequency due to this fact. So when I start it is going to be at the rate of once a week and depending on my mood maybe. After all 5 pages is really easy to do, I can knock that out in 2 hours without a problem.

There is going to be a draw back. I might be scaling back on my length and so you might think that means I'm not being as crazy and realizing that even I have limits. Nope, I'm still just as crazy. This manga is a massive project that while I have a plot outlined it is only laid out for maybe half of the chapters, which if my guess is anywhere near to what I think it is will be is 300 chapters. That is only 300 chapters planned out, as I said it is only half of the story. So this is going to be a 500 chapter plus manga, you know one of the epics like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. So yeah, I'm still as crazy as before maybe even crazier. I'm looking to do 50 chapters a year, so we'll see how I do.

Anyway, expect that on the horizon and it is going to be a Shonen Manga, probably similar to the stuff you would read in Shonen Jump, but with my own take on it. I hope you are looking out for the next project.

Thank you to everyone that read this series. Please leave comments on your thoughts.

Registered User Flesh is for Gods Comments Caladbolg's Avatar

Re: Flesh is for Gods

This your own story? I'll confess I didn't read it cause I'm to be places soon but I'd put it on my 'to do' list

Blog Entries

Re: Flesh is for Gods Comments

I've moved your post to the comment section, which is where I would like to receive comments/reviews/critiques for the story.

To answer your question, yes, this is my own story. I wrote it a few years back as you saw by the date. I hope you enjoy it if you read it.