Thread: A fanfiction of Final Fantasy game

A fanfiction of Final Fantasy game

Hi everyone. I am a newbie here. After my working hour, I write fanfiction for the Final Fantasy game. I rarely played this game but love to watch all FF movies and cutscenes. I try to read all the information and novel of the game to write down this fanfiction. Although I don't intend to get many viewers from my fanfiction, any of your comments for this would be great for me, so I can learn how to write it well. My working hour is hard, so the last week is possible a good time for my writing. My English is not very well, but I will try.
    Hope you guys can understand what I write in this fanfiction.

Chapter 1:
    The protagonist was a legendary soldier. He worked as a security guard after the war and started a family. After losing the work, he had to care for his daughter while his wife struggled to make ends meet. One day, he was surprised to see an old buddy who invited him to guard for a company. He initially declined that friend's invitation knowing that the company was a weapons manufacturer. When he returned home from taking his daughter to school and saw the older man still waiting for him, he said he needed time to consider it. The older guy consented, but he cautioned that our protagonist character should be careful since magic was now outlawed globally and could face serious consequences.

A mysterious group attacked the protagonist character's residence as he was having supper with his family. On the other hand, our protagonist had prior battlefield experience and could sense the onslaught coming. He hastily concealed the family in the basement and then fought the bunch with weapons and traps hidden throughout the house. His family was saved, but his house was burned.

The protagonist had to bring his family to the camp. There, he reconnected with his old buddy. That man stated that the attackers were ordinary soldiers. Still, someone had possessed them by a magical force to attack the protagonist character's family. The protagonist remembered that he had just apprehended a magic guy the day before, so the attack was a retaliation. The protagonist wanted the old guy to take his family to a secure location. The old guy agreed to help him but emphasized that his assistance was not free, and the protagonist should consider the invitation now. The protagonist had no choice but to nod his head in agreement.

After ensuring that his family was sleeping well, the protagonist strolled alone in the base. The battle in his house reminded him of a frightening event from his war. He was taken aback when noticing that his daughter had awoken and was following him all the time. He told her about some good stories he learned to become a war hero today, hoping that she would fall asleep again. Even though it was raining, the little girl was comfortable listening to her father's stories under the tent. Then guards appeared, intent to take the little girl away because they saw her get something like magic. The protagonist fought them to protect his girl but was finally defeated by a female robot. The little girl was taken away while the protagonist went off into a faint under the robot's hand.

The next day, the old man tried to persuade the company's director to leave the protagonist free because he was entirely suitable for the security job of a project. He failed. But the secretary believed in him because she was a friend of the protagonist during the war. Therefore, she agreed to help the old man persuade the director again. Meanwhile, the protagonist was in jail. He was released after the secretary had succeeded in talking with the director. He then had a right to speak with his wife through a camera. He knew that his daughter was safe, but he had to leave her for a while.

The protagonist got to the car with the old man for a secret conversation. He was known about the Dissidia project and an event that the Crystal could be connected to the Mako to make time traveling through the Lifestream. The project didn't go smoothly the first time, and some like Cosmos and Cid needed to be protected since their bodyguard, Warrior of Light, disappeared and the project was shut down. The protagonist saw this thing as complicated, so he needed some friends to help him, and the old man agreed with that. Before getting off, he gave the protagonist his car like a gift.

The protagonist went to meet one of his friends who was a young man living in a favela. That man was helping all children before returning to his old shack to see the protagonist. There, the protagonist knew that the young man was researching the Mako, which became illegal, while the young man knew who exactly control the soldiers to attack the protagonist's family. He explained that they are witches from an ancient civilization, but definitely not belong in the Shinra timeline but the Gardens timeline. And he was pretty sure that one of them had known about time traveling to be in here. Suddenly he was a headache and the secretary appeared. She said that they were spied on. They all contacted each other by a kind of code to hide, decided to escape many soldiers surrounding the shack. When they went outside and came close to the car, the female robot reappeared to attack them. The robot couldn’t stop everyone from getting to the car and running away. However, it could still catch the car during the escape, stuck its long sword to the car engine, but the car still ran. The secretary shot the robot. It could dodge while holding the sword. This made a kind of pole dance. The robot only stopped when the protagonist tried to crash into another car in the road since he had known the car he was driving was a kind of magic.

Following his escape, the secretary said that the protagonist made her remember Cloud Strife, a hero she admires. After she left the car to go back to the office herself, the protagonist continued to meet his next buddy, a woman who worked at a beach. She was also a combat veteran who fantasized about dying at the hands of a brave and gorgeous battle hero. After the war, she gave up this strange urge and tried to start a family like our protagonist, but she was miserable. Now she became a mother who had been divorced and a protector of defenseless women. Because of her child, she resolved to follow the protagonist to get a new job. Both of them were on their way to find the final pal.

That man worked as a free fighter in a fighting club, used his skill to make money for his boss. He previously assisted the protagonist in catching the magic man but had been sacked for allowing that magic man to die. He gave the protagonist a flower in the club and said that the magic man was laughed like hell when seeing it then died. On the way following the pal to a secret room to talk, the protagonist touched a person that wore a hood. He didn't get a chance to ask because that person quickly moved away. in the secret room, the pal admitted that he didn’t know who is the flower owner. From all information so far, the protagonist concluded the magic man and the witches were a different timeline. They all came here to attack the protagonist for an unknown reason. When he was explaining his conclusion to his friends, the witches opened the next attack on people in a circus. The protagonist’s little girl was in there. Most people in the circus felt a black hole in their faces. They then lost all their life memories and died. One of them took the hand of the little girl before dying. Witnessed this from the Tivi, the protagonist left the club fast, but some policemen stopped him. The secretary came with some of her soldiers to stop the battle. She said that she had anticipated the attack before in order to save the little girl in the circus on time. However, the witches, who impersonated actors and actresses in the circus to attack people, had escaped before the secretary's men came.

The protagonist was then taken to meet Cid, who had just talked with the old man to know about the next bodyguards. Cid revealed to the protagonist that he wasn't in this timeline. He was here because a sniper killed his wife before the appearance of a dragon. Cid also said that he and his wife always wanted to make a new world from previous Final Fantasy stories, but some of the characters had also known about the secret of time traveling and wanted to change, or remake, their stories for their own. Too many remakes will lead to chaos for the world of Cid Next, Cid told about Jenova, who had been created and brought up by the Cetra in a moonbase until this creature went mad and made all people in that location become monsters by infecting a deadly virus. This event happened in his timeline, so he had witnessed the last time of the Cetra. But seven people were lastly survived in the moonbase, and one of them used the magic of time to take all to this timeline before the base was destroyed. Those survivors continued to go back to the Jenova timeline and defeated the monster. However, they failed to save all the Cetra but succeeded in keeping the whole planet. Once, Cid had met the person who used the magic of time during the Dissidia event with Cosmos. That person played a vital role during the Garden timeline and never stopped to find a way of remake until the Cetra was raised again. Due to these problems, the Dissidia would be reopened under the company's control which the old man had offered to the protagonist job. For Cid, it was simply a new journey that he had mentioned to Cosmos before. When the protagonist asked Cid for the actual ending of this timeline if many previous timelines were remade, Cid replied this must be the bad ending, not only in this timeline but also in some of the last previous ones. So, his new journey must be a way to save all people. Before the conversation was ended, the protagonist supposed that witches attacked his family to eliminate their obstacle in the future, Cid smiled and predicted that the protagonist would do more things than an obstacle.
    The following day, the old man congratulated the protagonist for inviting all his friends to work in the company. In the capacity of a Dissidia project manager who kept track of anything remakes in the past, the old man noticed that Square Enix created video games based on stories in the future and remade some when seeing any changes, beginning with the level of Shinra timeline. Maybe a witch had come to that company so the director had sent a time traveler to erase most of the Garden story's data there. From this point, he and the protagonist should hurry up to protect the world of Cid.

The only thing the old man worried that they seemed to be younger than the protagonist though they were best fellows. They have a mysterious past, so the protagonist should care about that. But because he only believed in them, the old guy agreed to receive them and suggested changing their real names to code names following the project's secret.

End Chap 1.
    Last edited by Eriksoncatona; 01-22-2022 at 07:00 AM.

Chapter 2: The Players
    In discussion with the old man, the protagonist got a list of code names for his friends:
    The woman on the beach: Player (1)
    The young man in the favela: Player (2)
    The man in fight club: Player (3)
    The secretary: Player (4)
    An assistant of the old man: Player (5)
    The other: Player (6)
    The protagonist: Main
    The name "Player" looks like a team football, but the old man explained that it is from a default part of this video game:
    Attachment 26000
    And the idea of the code name wasn't from the old man. It was from the director. He opted to utilize the default term "Player" in the bar name for all team members after reading a Square Enix record regarding players intending to insert other words for the video game characters arbitrarily. He believed that there wasn't a better code name than "Player" because he couldn't find out any other good names to replace the actual and beautiful names of the team members. When Main heard this, he couldn't help but chuckle.
    Afterward, the Main went to meet the director alone. On the way, he came across a loud discussion between (3) and (4) in a room. (3) complained that he would never get home by this mission, and (3) tried to calm him down. Then (3) suddenly stormed out of the room. He saw the list in the hand of Main and felt shame. After (3) went away, Main arrived in the room and saw (4) was slightly crying. She dried her eyes quickly against one sleeve when seeing Main coming. Main tried to think about something to make her happy again. Since (4) rarely talked about her hometown, he asked about it, hoping that she would remember some good memories of her origin. (4) smiled and said that her first hometown was Midgard. Many years ago, her parent had left that city to make "a new life since using Mako was prohibited." Sometimes, she was told about several heroic stories relevant to her original hometown. And now she was happy when Cid and the director decided to rebuild that city to become a historical relic. When they were both smiling, (4) told Main that he looked like (6), and then said nothing more until a soldier arrived to take Main to the director's office. Main was still concerned about who (6) was after (4) had left.
    When Main met the director, here is their dialogue:

The Director: You. Come here. Take a seat.
    Main sat on the chair and just looked at the Director.
    The Director: I hope that you have got the principle here. Never speak out the real name in any situation, though it makes you impolite. Anyway, we will not talk about the work today. So, let's do some good talking to understand each other more.
    Around the Director's sitting, Main could see a giant portrait hanging on the wall. There are cups, wine, and medals put on a cabinet. But he only focused on a picture of a family on the Director's table.
    the Director smiled: That's my wife and son. We are of the royal line. Wanna drink?"
    The Director poured Main a drink of wine. Main showed his hand up to refuse it. The Director drank himself and kept talking: I met my wife in the military institute and married her shortly afterward. Since then, her career has been as good as gold… What's wrong?"
    Main implied the death of Cid's wife.: Sorry, Sir, I don't want to think of one more dead wife of someone else.
    The Director stared at Main for a while, then he quickly smiled. It made Main feel worried that if he was reading it right or not. "No, No. My wife is still living well", the Director said, "You are meaning that, right?"
    Main: I don't mean that, Sir.
    The Director: Ok… since our son was a pup, we have been chosen to be Crystal's protectors. It was such a stressful job until our son reached adulthood and gave us a hand. I used to think that this military career was never for him. Still, you know, he… has an extreme obsession with most of the previous heroes on the planet, which gave him the courage to accomplish many tasks without any helps. Sometimes people wonder why I have never supported him though I am his father. But also, as a father, I do know that… becoming a time traveler is his true goal. He wishes to meet those people in real life. So, my son has not hesitated to do everything, even terrible, to get this desire.
    Down a glass of wine again, the Director smiled gently and said: And that day came, he was chosen to back to the past to stop… a group of Cetra trying to defeat Jenova….
    R realized that the Director was a little drunk.
    The Director: …But that mission has never come true. Do you understand? We decided not to mention it in each of our meetings. My wife had personally spoken to the board. She said that all of us should not interfere with the mission of that monster. Heh! Anyway, we agreed that this game was too risky for our boy. But he never gave up.
    The director's eyes looked sad when he continued his talk: The fact that he doesn't care about Mako, GF, Magitek, or anything but only one thing. It's the Crystal. We can remake any stories in this world from it. My son told me that. His desire was so strong that I had to accept to let him become a time agent once. Well, speak of the devil! Hello, (6). We were talking about you.
    Main felt startled when someone trampled underfoot down on the floor firmly. "Morning, sir," (6) bowed respectfully. "Son, let me introduce you to your security man here." While the Director was saying, (6) lowered the head to look at Main attentively.
    The Director: …A long time ago, a very famous warrior who protected Cosmos had also helped my son a lot. Now he was considered as an M.I.A, sacrificed for our Greater Good, so I hope that you will be next, continue to serve my son as well."
    Although the Director wasn't intentional, Main could feel the word next mentioning something worse for him than that famous warrior of Cosmos.

"We were friends and colleagues, but for me, he is always my mentor," (6) said while he slowly moved to his father and put his hat on the table. "After the project Dissidia was ended, I had tried to look for him through the timelines but no any lucks." Pulling up a chair, (6) sat on it and kept talking, "Now, due to the seriousness of the situation, the project should be reopened. There are still many holes in the entire timeline, leading to the appearance of a Cetra group right here. So, we have to fix it. When that time comes, you and your team will get the responsibility of protecting my men while we are preparing to travel back to the past."
    Main worried: Sorry, but I thought that we would not talk about the work right here, just… understand each other?
    (6): I have read about you and your whole team in the top-secret document. So, there is no need to be known each other. The only thing we will have to do is the training because the document also tells that you guys have not returned to the battle for a long time. So, I very much appreciate when we can begin right now."
    Main: What's training?

Before (6) gave him an answer, a soldier ran into the room and whispered something in the Director's ear.
    The Director: Bring them to me.
    Now, Sir?
    NOW!

The soldier left the room, then quickly came back with a wounded man and a couple of Androids. Here is their dialogue:
    The wounded man croaked: Sir, those robots attacked us in the training room.
    The Director: You know it's impossible, right? Because they are all programmed not to attack us in the battle, only the loyalty.
    Sir. One of them defeated all of my men, so I had to train to give that robot a lesson. But when I was keeping it down on the ground, suddenly the other came to attack me.
    So that's the reason you have some of that scars?"
    Yes, Sir. The other men and I then constrained that mutineer one. But it and its partner still kept fighting us until I had to advise them not to stop to show mercy even if the enemy was down. As a result, they stopped themselves instantly. It indicated that they were reloading to learn the lesson. Sir, I think these robots are brilliant. Maybe they are the best we have right now.
    That's pretty damn smart. Well done! So… you want me to forgive them after everything they have done to you, right?
    Yes, Sir.
    Did you know about how is not showing mercy on the battlefield?
    Do not do anything good to be able to protect yourself in any situation, Sir.

The Director stood up and came to the robots. (6) intended to stand up, but his father made a sign to order him to stay in the seat. The Director looked at one of the Androids, saw an electric gun holding on its hand. He asked it while rolling his eyes at the other Android, "You care about your partner more than your boss, right?"
    The robot spoke with a halt, "Sir. It's entirely my fault. He didn't take any action. Punish me."
    The Director turned his head to see Main and (6), then took the gun from the robot and pointed it at the Android. Main, (6), and the wounded soldier hold their breath. The Director looked at all people in the room, saw that (6) shook his head. He pointed the gun at the other robot and looked at his son again. Suddenly that robot said, "No. It's entirely my fault, not hers. Please just punish me."
    At this time, (6) did nothing. The Director sighed, immediately pointed the weapon at the wounded soldier, and took a trigger.
    When the wounded soldier was screaming because of hurting again, the Director talked to the Android, "I thought about forgiving you until your partner said the word please in his sentence, which means he still feels about mercy under the challenging situation. From there, I saw that you had learned something your boss told me, but not your partner. So, I had to punish your boss because he lied to me about your partner's intelligence of learning his lesson as he told me. Do you understand?"
    The robot just kept silent. The Director sighed again, said, "You know what? I would have forgiven you only if you had been able to answer me anything. GUYS!"
    Some of the soldiers appeared, the Director ordered them, "Fix them all, make sure they have been reset." Before the soldiers followed the order, (6) talked to his father, "Sir. Don't forget about our ethics department." The Director smiled, "Fine! Let do it gently."
    At that moment, Main saw two soldiers pressing Androids down and taking their syringes out of the bags, while the other was getting the wounded man out of the room. The Director talked to Main in the private place, "Typically, the Android will cry like hell when we open their head to reset. Since the ethics department was established, we have processed a local anesthetic so the reset work will be less noisy. I didn't feel any problem until the department talked about the restriction of something dress…."
    Main was irritated when seeing that the Director was imitating the old man's speech. (6) cut off his father, "Sir, we must get down to work right now. I need to discuss something with him privately."
    "That's fine. Before you guys could leave, do me a favor?" The Director took a smartphone out of his pocket, said, "Two heroes are standing with me now, and they will continue to serve this country well. Let me take a selfie on us to keep this moment forever."
    The Director blacked out the scene of Androids then pressed the button to take a selfie. After that, (6) took Main out of the room. Before leaving, Main could still listen to those Androids trying to speak words of love to each other.

The dialogue of Main and (6):
    Sorry about that. I thought that Cosmos was the best Android and she could teach the others as well. My father… we have to do that for our country's benefit. No other choices.
    Main came to a complete halt. He looked to (6) and stated, "From your father, I could imagine that you have already worked for Cid of the Lufaine before. And he has just talked to me about his fantasy world. So tell me, it's what a kind of... fantasy world should be, right?"
    (6) looked to Main and answered, "Don't worry. No one knows from the outside, so this planet is still a fantasy world for them. You know what I mean, right?
    Main said nothing.
    (6) kept following Main: We appear to be some kind of designer crafting fascinating worlds with a cast of amazing people. We are very unattractive in comparison to all of them. But it doesn't matter when our work is completed to a high standard. Mr. R, I am only one of the designers attempting to construct such a universe. I hope this makes sense.
    I hope your job as a designer does not go to hell till I have what I want, Mr. (6)." Main said, "This is only one thing that makes sense to me.
    I am confident that you will receive what you are due. After many of the events, our planet is practically complete. One more step to go. Those Cetra people from the sky, on the other hand, had descended from the sky and threatened to destroy everything. For me, they're just another variable in a long list of variables, arranged in the wrong order. It's only a matter of repairing it.
    Whatever. You forgot to talk to me about where we should go next.
    To the training room. There, you'll run into your buddies. I'm afraid I won't attend the party since I need to meet some pals. You'll come across a few that are intriguing. Have faith in me.

(6) 's pocket phone rang as he and Main waited in the elevator. When taking the phone, (6) dropped a photograph on the ground. Main could see a woman with blond hair in that photo, despite (6) picking it up swiftly and saying, "You know? Doc (the code name of the old man) and I have previously experimented with how the following generation can keep all memories and the previous generation's abilities and talents. For example, if my father has a goal or a responsibility that he can't fulfill in his life, he may delegate it to me, and I will carry on his work under his direction stuck in my head. Sometimes a son or daughter may forget everything their parents have taught them and start a new life. However, with some codes hidden inside words, kids will never forget their parent's responsibility, beliefs, and character.
    Yeah. Good for you.
    When I was in Shinra timeline, people seemed to hate me so much except one woman. The group decided to send me to go back here, in this timeline. When I returned home, I was greeted warmly. Many ladies, including the secretary, surrounded me, but my heart was solely for her, the lady who never hated me. Now I'll get another chance to meet her. It's the most beautiful thing in my life, even though she may become enraged after seeing me for many years."
    I assume that she will hug you so tight if seeing you again.
    Yeah, maybe. Time travelers' existence is brief, but it is too complicated. We were all transported to every time many centuries ago. In medieval times, some of us become knights, while others become warlords, but not everyone serves just on the battlefield. Scientists, leaders, business people, and residents are everywhere in all periods. They have all constructed a Wonderland throughout the decades filled with fairies, witches, giant creatures, and... robots. Mr. R, do you believe we're simply troops doing our jobs? At the same time, we are heroes and beasts.
    Hey, it just occurred to me. When you mentioned the secretary, I just met her in her room a few minutes earlier. She informed me that she would meet with your father. However, I believe she should join us right now because she is an essential member of my team.
    (6) raised his hand to gonna have to interrupt R and said: Cid of the Lufaine is commemorating Midgard hero city anniversary. A museum has been erected to honor all of the country's heroes and heroines. She is a V.I.P., as is the Director. But, more significantly, we anticipate those Cetra will attend the celebration, so we are prepared to greet them with a large contingent of seasoned Androids.
    So, I'm hoping you didn't send all of the Androids to that nation since it may be a trap. Perhaps they will not come there, but instead here, to assault all of your troops and steal all of Crystal's secrets.
    As a result, I will not be invited. Only idiots would consider assaulting or taking something from here, but nothing is impossible with those folks. Therefore, I was appointed to command the defense. My father and the rest of the country would rip them apart limb by limb if I confronted them and died. Strangely enough, I believe you will do the same.
    I'll do it only if you're a sincere buddy, which I haven't seen yet and probably never will. Besides, if you die due to defending all of us, I may consider retaliating for you.
    "You make me recall those guys in Shinra timeline...," (6) stated, his voice melancholy, "Okay, I'll remember what you said. I have to leave now. Best of luck with your training. I'll see you and your buddies later."
    End chapter 2.

Before writing this long chapter, I have read it: FFVIIR Writer Kazushige Nojima Harassed by Fans, Refuses to Talk About New Games - GamerBraves
    I know that being a good writer for video games will never be easy. I always imagine myself as a writer when writing my fanfiction. I'm writing it in a manner that's a mix of video games and movies. However, my fanfiction may be ludicrous. Only if someone knows how to do it well does Final Fantasy deserve an excellent TV show, in my opinion. For the time being, I'm hoping that some writers will be entertained as audiences while reading my fanfiction here.
    I choose some ideas for my fanfiction when imagining this as a show. They may be time travel, conspiracy, genocide, vengeance. and gratitude.
    "The calamity of the skies" was sent back to a timeline in the past to make a genocide for the Cetra. It's an Android-like Chaos and Cosmos.
    The robot, or Androids, will dominate the world in the future. They are called Gods and Goddesses.
    All people in the story lose their homes, they become vengeance.
    The Players are a part of the conspiracy, just like time agents who are put in each of the timelines from the old age to the new age to make a world of fantasy.
    This makes an unbroken circle. It's finally broken by a "remake". A traitor who has gratitude for the Cetra does it. There, a first Final Fantasy remake begins.
    And finally, one who lives in a remake will make another good one die. This is an unbroken rule of the circle.
    It's midnight, time to sleep now.
    Last edited by Eriksoncatona; 01-21-2022 at 10:53 AM.

For what happens in training, you can read in here: What are you going to do if you create a stage in Final Fantasy? | Final Fantasy Forums
    It's scene No more remakes
    This is after the training:
    Chapter 3:
    Player 5, or the Secretary (Sec) was standing on the balcony, waiting for the inauguration of Midgard hero city to begin. A woman came to her. She put a record in front of Sec, said, "Our conversation will be recorded, but now it will be completely silent with all outside also by this tool. So, you are the woman my son is talking about, miss?"
    Sec turned her head to see that woman. She recognized that was the General's wife (G wife). "Morning, Ma'am," she said.
    G wife: People frequently comment on how lovely my son is. But that word has a negative connotation for me. I see he hasn't got strong enough to do a great cause. When our plan for Shinra timeline had been about halfway done, I did all my ability to bring him back immediately, enough to make him become a thing that more than a lovely man. A hero. But now, the situation out here is ruining all my succession.
    Sec: Please accept my apologies, Ma'am. What about the rest of the group? Do you think it was a mistake to forsake them in that timeline, allowing them to all become villains?
    G wife: No, because they had been under oath. They agreed to send all their life and become whatever was mentioned in the plan so our greater good will be succeeded today.
    Sec: I know. "Sacrificed for the greater good." It's all they can do.
    G wife: What are you thinking, miss? They have done many terrifying things, letting people in every timeline spit so that our world becomes nowadays, while their profile is forgotten. You must respect them all.
    Sec: I never been disrespectful to all of them, Ma'am. But your son is the only one of them that came back here. Every time I met him, he is never talked to me about anything about his group. If he's a hero, at least he should not show this.
    G wife: No, you're wrong. I really feel that he has grown. After he came back here and became a hero, many wonderful ladies really want to be concerned about him. However, I am afraid that he will be like his father. It… isn't good.
    Sec: Don't worry, Ma'am. I feel he has only one woman in his heart. I dunno how she is, but from my view of him, it isn't the kind of lady you are mentioning.
    G wife: I will remember what you said. Now, we have some new information about the Cetra terrorists. Cosmos tracked a timeline where one of them has been in. Afterward, my son has got a new order from The higher command. He will return to his work.
    Sec: Her? Can I ask about that?
    G wife: A sorceress, a very powerful sorceress. A group of time agents will impersonate SeeD soldiers before traveling to that time. It's because only SeeD knew where exactly she was. Since this organization was gone after the meteorite explosion, all information about the sorceress has been erased. Luckily we still get some from a video game company before the end of the world to decide her location. My son and his team must finish her before she could send a signal for herself here. If she died in that timeline, she in this timeline would be gone. And the rest of the terrorists will be so weak that we can take them down once and for all.
    Sec: It's a good plan but lacks in detail, Ma'am. Those team members, even your son, are not ready for such an impossible mission. They will all die before some real individuals have come to see.
    G wife: Because he was trained to kill monsters, soldiers, and witches by several masters, including your old boss, the command believes that he is the only candidate for this mission. This is work for a hero.
    Sec: May I ask you a question, Ma'am? Why am I the first who know this plan from you?
    G wife: Because I hope you will get a score in work. My husband likes to have someone agile that works for him.
    Sec: Thank you, Ma'am.
    The G wife came close to look straight at Sec's eyes, whispered, "I do know you have a sentiment towards my son. He is a man for all the people. A woman like you will never fit him. Don't think that I am helping you because I like you. It means I will keep my eyes on you, miss. And you have to stay away from my son. Do you hear that?" Sec didn't really understand what G wife was talking about. But before she could respond, G wife had taken back her record and left.

Next, Sec gave a speech for the inauguration.
    "Greetings. We are so proud and happy when a lot of people come to this event. This city is a legacy of our imperial history. Over the year, I suppose we have all known about a renowned Cetra story entitled The promised land," Sec said in front of the audience below, "And now, I can tell you a story about this. A major pandemic, which resembled influenza, swept the globe long ago when people still called this world the Earth. Because of the large number of individuals who died, most industrialized countries banded together to produce a vaccine. The first one was completed not a long time later, but it wasn't enough to eliminate the disease. Then the next one and the next… People had to have injected many kinds of medicine in many times. Finally, all people were saved from the pandemic, but there was a group that could know how to use the magic. We still don't know why or how the vaccine made them like that. But we know the first place on Earth where they set foot became the promised land.
    "Excuse me! May I give you another question?", a journalist from the crowd voiced. Before giving Sec his question, he began to tell to everyone in the show, "I've heard about this new story of the Ancients. There are something fun like the vaccine that created the Centra wasn't from this planet. Actually, it was developed in another planet, where a few people were migrated and used their own vaccine to deal with the pandemic right after they returned here."
    "It Cetra, not Centra", Sec said sternly.
    "Ok, whatever, the record told that's their name," the journalist laughed off, "Those magic people seemed to not live in harmony with the others. It's because people on Earth had no idea what kind of… freak surviving with them. They believed the Centras is a kind of alien, not human anymore. Even there was a conspiracy that some people migrated to another planet in secret to creat a kind of medicine for their own, which also made them stronger than others. And they came back the Earth to become a great nation."
    "Ok, sound like you have remembered the whole story. So, what do you mean, sir?" Sec asked him.
    "Well, ok, I will finish this boring story in a minute. Ehem... In New York, 2013 according to the old calendar, many of freaking monsters appeared in the streets, killing so many people. Their origin was from a medicine company. After that, the company had been shut down. But all their properties were moved on space. And the pandemic occured not long time later. Besides, a system which was called… ah… I am trying to remember that because of so many information…Found it! Overdive system, a thing that can make some kind of… days of future past. Now, we have some things like: a lost company which had created monsters before was moved on space, the pandemic afterward and a group of people who returned on Earth had an ability of magic by using their vaccine. But the only thing I care is the Overdive system, which seems to be mysterious than any others. So, my question is: What do you know about that system, miss?
    While Sec was looking at him blankly, the General quickly moved to the podium where she was standing and spoke into micro, "Thank you for your simple but interesting question. But time is up, and now we have to move to the next part," Then he gave a signal for soldiers to take the journalist away.
    "Don't sidestep, madam," He shouted when he was taken by soldiers, "We all know this thing won't come to a good end. Something is coming back from the sky to strike us with consternation again. This circle of fate is rebooting. What are you hiding from us?"
    "Now that's two questions. Again, thank you for coming to this event. Ok, lady and gentlemen, it's time for the inauguration. Musica!
    Sec, the General, and some people cut the ribbon, then a group of dancers showed up. Their performance attracted the audiences below
    The General talked to Sec, "I saw your speech is very good. Well done, Ms. Secretary."
    Sec tried to listen to him under the high volume of the music. She said, "Thanks! But I didn't even finish it. That guy was so garrulous. I though he would talk about the world's end before the age of Cetra," When talking, Sec saw that Cid was absent.
    A large drape covering the monument was brought down after the performance, revealing a statue of some individuals. That's Cloud and his friends but no Aerith Gainsborough.
    While clapping the hands, the General whispered to Sec, "We can't put her image with others, or people will begin to think about the old great nation. That's the reason why Cid wasn't in here with us."
    Sec felt unhappy when the General still spoke "the great nation" sarcastically. He said, "Strange, I am feeling that she is here, stands in the crowd, and looks at us. Perhaps she is one of those terrorists… You know what? I got a record a few minutes ago."
    Sec quickly moved backstage. The General asked permission of the others to catch up with her. The two walked together. Sec talked to him angrily, "Please tell me you are kidding, sir, because I don't know what the hell you are talking about?"
    "There's no need to be so upset, Ms. Secretary. Of course that I am kidding, only want to make you happy…"
    Sec quickly interrupted, "May I ask you about the record?"
    "Whispers," General put the question back to Sec, "Do you know about them?"
    "I see," Sec implied, "You are mentioning that disaster occurring in our lab, aren't you?"
    "Cid of the Lufaine is more than a creator. He can know exactly what story will appear if any timeline is remade. Now you know why he's called The Narrator, don't you? Anyway, he was responsible for creating another God to guarantee that all the timelines would be maintained. But after many secret experiments in the lab, we didn't see anything like a God except… them. Some curious people have been killed in the lab so we have struggled to hide all information from journalists. Although Cid showed that this creature could process the mission, I only see it isn't up to much."
    General ordered Sec to get into the car with him. He suddenly grabbed Sec's hand inside the car, making her feel embarrassed. He smiled and lightly said, "I've lost many men because of you, Doc, and Cid. My son's right. The remake should be stopped, or our perfect world will come to an end. But I am feeling that I've put my beliefs to the wrong people because everything is stagnant, even worse. You should give me a good result, or I am afraid you have to dig your own grave with the others. I… really don't want this happen though I'm so pissed off right now. My dear, hope you understand that."

Sec took a nod and then expressed a wish to get off the car, General accepted that. After Sec had got out, the car window closed. Sec turned around to knock her finger to the window. General ordered to reopen the car window, asked, "What?"
    Sec bent over the window to look at General inside the car, held a record in her hand, said, "Sir, from the last record I've heard, your son never finished his mission during Shinra timeline. It isn't good he still came back here as a hero."
    A soldier felt scared and warned Sec. She kept talking to General, "Don't worry. We only listen to each other with this."
    General understood what Sec was meant. He signaled to his men to stay down. Still holding the record in the hand, Sec said, "Your son had never found the Cetra group who defeated Jenova, while the others of his team only concentrated on the legacy of the great nation. But I know he wanted a person who looks like him… in his blood, who could have finished his mission. But that person failed again. I assume that the failure is why those Cetra terrorists are here. It means… your son isn't a hero. And I dunno how people will think about him after this truth has been revealed."
    General just kept silent. It seemed that he remembered something from what Sec was talking to him. "With all my respect," She kept saying, "You shouldn't joke about that woman. It only makes the truth is more unpalatable. I hope you understand that. Ah! I forgot, this record was put in my pocket not a long time ago, but I believe you will know someone did that. Now I give it back to you. Have a good day, sir!" Then, she threw the record inside the car and went away.

G wife sat in front of a tombstone, whispered, “I will protect all the rest of the family. I promise.” When she stood up, she saw a gathering of people standing around a gravestone nearby.
    A soldier came to her and said, “It's time to go, Ma'am. Your son is awaiting your arrival.”
    G wife: Do you see that? Those really tasted the joys of connubial bliss.
    The soldier: They are poor, Ma’am.
    G wife: They are a happy family, while I and you are here only. It’s a difference between them and me.
    When the car moved to the cemetery gate, an old man who was a security guard came close to the car and greeted her who was sitting inside. Taking money from the driver, he said, “Ma’am. You are so kind. Could you permit my asking about your boy?”
    G wife: I don’t have time. So hurry up.
    Old man: I heard that we are preparing to go to another war. There are so many crazy things around it, like the world may come to an end again… And your son will join the special ops to stop it?
    G wife: I am sorry I can't answer your question. That’s top-secret intel.
    Old man: I understand, Ma’am. He is a good boy. His family serves the country very well for many generations. Most of them were sacrificed on the battlefield, especially the time we got war with the Centra. If your son gets some troubles… Oh, I am sorry, Ma’am. You look like a Goddess when sending your only blood to this savage country.
    Then, the old man ruefully went back to the tent.
    On the road, the driver talked to G wife while driving, “How’s funny that the world we are living in still has some flattering guys like him.”
    G wife: When I brought my son there when he was a child, he used to play with that elderly man. He only showed his memory.
    The driver: Forgive me for my misunderstanding, Ma’am. That man must have been very close to your son.
    G wife: Anyway, I heard that you want to come with my son on his mission. Is that right?
    The driver: Yes, Ma’am. This is a good opportunity for me. Becoming a partner with your son is my honor.
    G wife: I’ve read your intel. May I ask you a few personal questions?
    The driver: Yes, Ma’am.
    G wife: Are you willing to die for my son, or will you take revenge for him if he’s killed?
    The driver: That’s impossible. Your son couldn’t be killed.
    G wife: Don’t worry. It’s just a test. Just answer it.
    The driver: Yes, Ma’am. If I die for him, he won't be protected anymore. If he dies, then I will kill all who did it.
    G wife: I will consider it. By the way, I can see you are an excellent soldier. Keep yourself as a ghost around them, even your partnerships, then your time shall come.
    The driver: Thank you for trusting me, Ma’am.
    G wife: Our Whispers have failed. Many of the deaths here now so become useless. The sign why they were failed is here only, but we haven’t still known the reason they failed yet. Therefore, we have to take advantage of all our newest intel. This time our faithfulness is numerous, but we need more talented men. I hope you can show me that.
    The driver, "I won’t let you down, Ma'am," then he said, "Long live the Gaia!"
    G wife smiled, responded, "Long live the Gaia!"

Player 6: Are you sure to meet me today? Anyway, thanks for coming here to bid me farewell, Don.
    Don Corneo: Don’t worry, my young friend. Since I left the team to walk on my footsteps, I’m pretty sure that they won’t know that we are in here.
    Player 6: I think I will only remember you on our team. But please do me a favor, Don. Do not seduce any more good girls for you and your gang.
    Don: Nah, you know it’s impossible, 6. Many beautiful women in this world will be only my asset, just like what your family has got.
    Player 6: No, according to what my mother always tells me every time, my previous generations… only get the hearts of beautiful women, not force them.
    Don pointed to his stomach, said: Well… I am not like your family. Sorry, man.
    Player 6: Ok, fine. If you can’t do that, I saw your mindfulness of the great good is being weak. So, I have to eliminate you.
    Don felt scared when seeing Player 6 put his hand in the belt to draw his weapon. Suddenly, Player 6 laughed and said, “Calm down, Mr. Corneo. There's no need to panic. I am just kidding you.
    Don also laughed, said, “You know what, 6? Your scary is really contrary to your beauty. I have seen many warriors, but I didn't still believe that a man like you… can become one of the best among them. Hey! I will get a woman like you as my best bride.
    Don waved his hand, said, “No, I am just kidding! Never mind, 6.
    Player 6: It's likely if I have a daughter and when she’s grown up, you will like her. So trust me, my old friend. I will come back to the time when you can approach her and kill you before you can touch her.
    Don raised his hand and said, “Ok, I got it. But I will look forward to a woman I told you. You know I am a man who never gives up.
    Player 6: If you stop kidnapping good girls and seize their hearts instead, I believe you can do that.
    Don: I know you are following a woman. Is that right? Because I still follow my duty for our team by providing any slum knowledge.
    Player 6: What? Are you intending to make her as you new bride?
    Don: Ha! I knew it. But don’t worry, my friend. I won’t touch her, even don’t tell anyone as well.
    Don raised his fingers to his lip and did a zipping up, “Zip! None!” he said, meant say nothing.
    Player 6 smiled to accept that. Then he said, “Don, I propose that you destroy all of the records you keep in your place, or the team is uncovered. Keeping them isn't a good idea.
    Don stopped smiling, then he said, “You are requiring me to forget my real name, right?”
    Player 6: I think remembering the last name is enough for you. Only a few of us get such privilege, while the boss and I don’t.
    Don: But you are the only one who can return home. Oh, 6! You would have been labeled a deserter and a traitor in my nation far years ago before the world’s end, and you would have been executed in the street.
    Player 6: So why do all of you still let me go?
    Don: Because we understand you. You are the youngest in the team and have a long future ahead, while we only have this opportunity to change our lives.
    Player 6: I see. So it isn't about my mother who ordered you to do that?!
    Don: She has provided us with the best technology to make a powerful company. We will have many of Mako, a legacy of the great nation for ourselves, and even our next generations if the promised land is found. But I only want money and women, not vaccines or something crazy like that. We should express our gratitude to her.
    Player 6: About the promised land, I still believe it isn't here. Don't trust any of their intel. Maybe that's a way to trick us so we will all be dumped.
    Don: You're right. I am the only one who never trusts that, not like your boss. However, I... can’t forget my origins. Tequila wine, tropical wind on the beach, and several angels lying on hot sands. All those things from my old country are in my blood.
    Player 6: Don, you have to listen to me. Please burn all our intel. You and the others will never be alone. I go back home but will come back here someday. I promise.
    Don: Will your parent allow doing that? They think you like this new world as an addicted gamer and are willing to die for it. You… are the last man of the family and if you die, your family won't any longer.
    Player 6: Enough, Don. What about you? We found you far years ago when the old world prepared to come to an end. I saw you too fought desperately to free yourself from the jaws of the merciless reptile. After we had defeated those monsters, you insisted on coming with us because all of your relationships had gone. I suppose you will never forget it.
    Don: Yeah, I won’t. Like you, I really like to live in this timeline, just like you. Becoming an addicted gamer isn’t so bad with an old man like me. But I will be so bad if I forget all of my previous life, the time when I fought with all my amigo against those ugly things…
    Player 6: DON!
    He saw Don was little crying. Thought for a while, Don said, “Ok! You are truly a bastard. I will do that, burning them all.
    Although feeling that Don was lying, Player 6 still said, “Thank you, Mr. Corneo. You are important in our great good which guides us to become a great nation after the age of Cetra. You will never be forgotten. Before leaving now, may I give you a song of your countryside as a gift?”
    … When Player 6 raised his voice in his singing to prepare to finish the song, Don also raised his voice. Both of them finished the song together, then laughed.
    Don: Oh, 6! You shouldn’t leave because I hate to remember you. Before you left, may I also give you a… music as a gift. I know you enjoy riding a cool motorbike so this music has a backfiring sound you may like, and I intend to put a rock style for our battle system… Unfortunately, I haven’t finished the whole music yet as you leave too soon. Anyway, when you listen to it the first time, you will feel that we always welcome you back to the game. It’s the mark.
    After listening for a while, Player 6 said, “Yeah! I can feel that. Thank you so much, Don. Time’s up. I have to go now. Goodbye, and good luck, Mr. Corneo.”

A door open made Player 6 back to the present. G wife arrived to the room and sat near him. She said, “My dear, the people in the office can’t restore the whole music since it has been damaged during the Lifestream. They only remade it as a kind of bits, even shorter than the origin.”
    After listening to the music, Player 6 said, “That’s ok. I think it’s enough.”
    G wife said, “I have talked to the commanders. Just like old-time, you don’t need to fight in the battle till the end. Doc will send Player 5 to go with you. He will help you, even becomes your patsy… so you can return here in peace. In case he won’t do that, a time agent will make sure to make it happen. With the problem of those Cetra out there, your old master and his team will serve you and the others as security guards. So at least we don’t need to worry too much. Now, I want you to remember your new fake biology I prepare to give to you. Oh, son. I still remember the last time when your team had to remember their fake year of birth before traveling to the Jenova time, then they moved to the next timeline to fit with those birth numbers… Hey, what’s wrong, son?
    He said, “I’m sorry, Mom. I can’t… forget my old team too.”
    G wife: I know. If this nightmare didn't appear, we all wouldn't have to remember them.
    Player 6: I want to fight for this world, not hiding anymore.
    G wife: It’s impossible, son. You only like the surface of this fantasy world. You don't know what it is inside. And you don't know how much our blood has been wasted for it. As a mother, I will never let this family disappear from history. Do you understand?
    Player 6: Do you see all the wounds on my body right here?
    G wife: Those’re new. It means that you have just failed to protect someone, right? I will not ask you more than this. Don't worry.
    Player 6: I will never forget my failure. This mission is my only chance to protect my lover once and for all. If I failed again, then I, all of you, and this world together will go down to hell.
    G wife seemed to understand what her son had done. She turned around to not let him see that she was crying. Then she said, “Oh, my dear. Why did you always make me like this? Okay, if you want to do that, I won’t stop you. But I afraid that I can’t protect you anymore.”
    “I am not a hero,” Player 6 said
    G wife: Oh, my dear. I have researched about your father’s family before coming to him and had you. His family was famous for saving people from the world’s end. Their generations always saved people from monsters in every wars and conflicts. And they always get money and some women as a payment…
    Player 6: Oh, come on. Not again.
    G wife:… Every member of your parent so far was famous for elegance. A good thing that my parent doesn't have. Your father is losing it because of the politic. You looked like him when you were young, but now every time I look at you, I can’t stop thinking about your parent. Son… listen to me, you can’t look like them who only earn some honor and foolish women in the battle. You have to begin to think about your life in the future, not go down to the underground with everything you have.
    Player 6 looked at her for a while. He said, “Maybe you're right, Mom. I have failed in my life but I will rebuild again. I might not a good warrior but a man who never gives up. I won’t make you cry anymore.”
    Then he hugged his mom so tight. She hugged him and whispered, “That’s my boy. Whether someone has just scratched this garbage, we together will clean it again. This country is only the great nation on the planet. Our family will always last.”

The Main returned to the apartment he had rented. Due to the safety of his family, he only lived alone. Standing in front of the door, he heard an angry voice in the neighbor behind him. A woman from there stormed out to meet Main. She said, “Here, take it. My kids talked with it too much. If it’s a kind of magic, we will get into trouble with the government.” She gave him a Moogle doll then closed the door quickly.
    The Main looked at the doll, shrugged, “What kind of fantasy world do people not allowed to use magic?”
    He arrived in the room and threw the doll on the sofa. When he was pouring the water to drink, suddenly a whisper appeared, “Hey! We have to talk.”
    Main jumped out of his skin. He turned around and saw the doll moving on the sofa. Main tried to pull himself together, he said, “Cid, is that you?”
    The doll said, “Yes, it’s me.”
    Main: What the hell are you doing inside that?
    Cid: I was ambushed by one of my… characters. My body was gone, and I had to remove my soul to this lovely one since I am immortal. But now I can’t drink some tea anymore…So...Is this place safe? Let’s talk.”

Context summary:
    The real world: The pandemic is inspirational from a real in our world today. Its end leads to the age of Cetra who raises from the mysterious vaccine created on another planet. Their ability is a fear of all humans. Although Cetra vaccine is first created on another planet, it’s believed that there are more of it on Earth which locate in the promised land, because the material of Cetra vaccine is the energy from the Lifestream found on this planet. On the other hand, human keeps searching for some pills to help them stronger enough to defeat all future epidemics, as well as makes them feel like the Cetra. The result is monsters, witches, and supernatural everywhere, leading to the world’s end. War for Planet of the Apes and Project Power are some movies inspiring this.
    Before the pandemic, there is some event in Parasite Eve that leads to two things: the origin of the Cetra; the reason why monsters and fantasy appear leading to the word’s end; the origin of time traveling which is a part of the Crystal.
    Aya Brea is the first fantasy woman, leading to the origin of Cetra.
    World A: The Cetra tried to restore the world and then protect it by following human technology and bio-weapons. The war between them and human originates from Racial discrimination. After the war they use time travel to change all the timelines of the world from the old age to the present, making a perfect world, or the world of Final Fantasy. But this change also leads to many dead people, a country thus wants to defeat them once and for all.
    World B: Cetra rely on Cid to make some Gods protect all their achievements, that include Jenova. She has the power of knowing who lives and dies after every timeline is changed. As I said, she went back to the past to kill many Cetra, leading this race to be completely destroyed in the present. World A ends here. The country after defeating the Cetra becomes the next great nation. This country tries to adjust the history to make people’s memory get wrong about Cetra, as well as controls all timelines from the old age to the present, leading to the context of FF 6, 7 then 8, and so on. Besides, some main characters knew about the time-traveling, they are transformed to World B to be defeated in battle and then are erased memory.
    My inspiration for this is from Square Enix changed their idea of FF world from mythology to Steampunk, beginning with FF6.
    But the remake of FF will lead to the end of World B and the restoration of World A afterward.
    Cid is The Narrator. He designed the FF world.

Inspirational soundtrack for World B:
    The damage music of Player 6: Stream The Mark [PayDay 2 OST - Chiptune remix] WIP by NQW | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
    For a battle system: Stream PAYDAY 2 - Wanted Dead Or Alive by MMOs.com | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
    A fanfiction of Final Fantasy game-ql6zcbxor8z41-jpg

In my country, we are all preparing for the New Year. This time is for everything from cleaning the house to buying something for the family. My relaxation is also the time I go on writing this. After finishing this chapter, I will spend my time with my family and myself, like watching the cinema or talking to someone.
    I see many people don’t like this kind of soundtrack (EDM or something) for Final Fantasy. But for me, this track can make the game cooler, like an action movie. And I look at some wallpapers of the game while listening to this track and writing my fanfiction. This track also describes the people in World B or Steampunk, modern and flexible…
    …Ahh. It’s midnight again. Time to sleep because of not thinking anything else.
    Last edited by Eriksoncatona; 01-30-2022 at 10:19 AM.