Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fall of Spira Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    This next string of posts are my absolute favourite part of this RP. Looking forward to the next batch.
    Mine as well. This was my favourite arc for Mishka and Cyan and it, if memory serves, first established what roles I'd eventually place for the two characters.

EDIT following the post: We need to do something about the auto-merge function on the forum. As our RP posts get longer, I'm starting to have difficulties getting them up five at a time. This round, for example, because of the merging of all five posts, I was nearly twice over the character limit. As such, unfortunately I had to put off your post for next time, Yoko.

As for the ones I could get up, my second Mishka post has one of the lines I had the most fun with coming up. A little flirting goes on, too, which I was happy with. Iezak also underwent a turning point in his story, too. I believe that this arc was also when Kyra and Nikki grow much closer, as well, and much of Nikki's traumatic past is revealed. All in all, I believe this part of the RP was where we had a much more clear grasp of our characters and the direction we wanted to take them.

Memento RK Fall of Spira Comments Thread Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's okay Zera. I'll live. Our posts were crazy long back then. We were having a competition for longest post it seems.

I would like to point out, there is an error with the colour for one of the lines in the post for Nikki. To be specific, it isn't Kyra who said "I love you." It was Nikki. I do believe habs corrected this error in her original post.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

This character limit is a real pain. I couldn't even fit three posts this time as two of them were yours and haboo's and I was over about 2000 characters. >.>

And the posts for this time conclude my Open Arc plot for Mishka and Cyan. I remember I had wanted to have this run parallel to Nikki and Kyra's side of the story, but you lot with your long posts, you'd taken so long that the RP was basically dead so I ended up posting back to back consecutively until my arc was done. xD

Many events happened during this series and it was my favourite by far. Cyan now has her Celestial Weapon, though whether or not it's a blessing is questionable. Her weapon does foreshadow things to come as does the consequences of their actions here. If memory serves, this arc hints at how the remainder of the RP would play out for these two characters with all the incidents representative of what's to come.

Finally, one of the reasons I'd wanted to play out my arc in lieu of Nikki's arc was that both sides included the other characters of the RP. While my arc started off with the inclusion of Gippal, I'd follow it with an Iezak post also featuring Gippal. At first it would seem that the posts just weren't occurring at once, but succeeding posts would reveal otherwise and it would become clear the ones appearing in Mishka and Cyan's posts weren't real. I do recall, though, that it was a bit confusing during this RP's original run, which meant that its purpose was indeed served!

Hah! This time I've got the long post! So this post of mine was following the arc I had for our Open Arc segment. I'd had to read through everyone's extraordinarily long posts so, seeing as how I'd fell behind due to having paced my arc out across several post, I thought I might try a very long post of my own to catch up.

I loved writing the part with Xiang. I'd already established the backstory of Mishka by this point, but it was still more or less vague. So I used this post with its interaction between Mishka and Xiang to illustrate a big more the past Mishka's had. This will come out again in the future as it does feature heavily with her story in the RP.

On a small note, I decided to try a little something with the gang that haboo came up with. I think I'd been playing Kingdom Hearts recently so I thought it would be a fun idea if I inserted a naming scheme for each of the NPC members of that gang much in the same vein as how Organisation XIII has members with an X in their names. In my case, I decided to give them Japanese or Japanese styled named each with a letter from the "k" row of Japanese consonants. So for example, the character Dinka has a "ka" in it. Just a bit of fun. x)

I am very sorry for being away so long. Time sort of got away from me. >.>

We're getting into the deeper parts of the RP's story now and it was fairly exciting during the RP's original run.

In this post of mine, I decided to play with my officially adopted character of Cyan. Even though I'd commandered her already, this was the first time I'd resumed use of River's original character icon and written part of the post in her perspective.

This part of the RP was one of my favourites. I had been building up to it since I first started Mishka and Cyan down their romantic path and I'd been foreshadowing this break up since I set them down those unique cloisters in Cyan's sidequest for her Celestial Weapon, which the Velkomme Schwert technically should be, though there is a caveat that will be explored in my next post and I'll explain it then. I'd actually had a more simple outcome for Cyan's boss cloister, but as it happened, haboo and the others posted differences to what I had originally envisioned and allowed the events to play out much more interestingly so much so that my second post here was never originally planned and thus my next post would have been quite a bit different, as well. Aren't RPs wonderful for that purpose?

I fully took over for River, the RPer for Cyan, with this post. It was an experiment and I forget whether or not I'd done this in lieu of my fanfiction, Spira: The Eternal Discord, or if I'd tried it as a result of it. In my fanfiction, I'd had each chapter in the perspective of a single character, but I'd changed that character to have multiple views on any given arc of the story. In this post, I wanted to show both sides of the argument between Mishka and Cyan and even present as a tellback where Mishka was reviewing the events to herself while Cyan recounted it to an NPC River had introduced in his earliest posts.

I'd end up doing it again very soon, though I had not originally intended it that way. Haboo and I had discussed her character of Fyra and that she'd wanted her to meet with Mishka but then be killed off. Naturally, Iezak came to mind and so that post fleshed out. I'd known I'd want Mishka inebriated following her fallout with Cyan so I reasoned that her weakened mental state would allow Iezak to regain influence over her. This also allowed me to move that side of the RP into its final arc. From this point on, Iezak has dropped all guises and is the active major antagonist, which will proceed into several events including at least one that carries on into my original Exigo RP which takes place long after Final Fantasies X and VII, the two games that are officially related.

My second post here was also fun to write. When I'd created the character of Mishka, she was only a name I'd included as a sort of unsent creature called a Fathom, which were enemies of my original Exigo RP. As this RP came underway I'd initially made her an NPC, but I'd given her the backstory of being a sphere hunter with a team of ronso. In later posts, I mentioned in passing how she'd met these ronso and befriended them. So this post allowed me to elabourate on that and the state of mind she'd had following what'd befallen her under Tromell Guado.

In other news, the relationship between Nikki and Kyra is reaching its final stage I think and it is a very sweet segment of it, which carries on into the current RP. *if that ever gets going again xD*

EDIT: Also oddly enough, I got two posts out of this one. oO I'll bet it had to do with how many character header images I had for this one. xD I suppose a single post can only hold a set amount of images and auto-merge will be disabled once that limit has been reached.

I was looking over my past comments and realised I forgot to explain that bit about the weapons, didn't I? So as I'd stated some time ago, the fallout between Mishka and Cyan stemmed from the trial where Cyan claimed her Velkomme Schwert. While there's still a bit on that to be uncovered, the point of the breakup as seen from last time's post was that Mishka's own weapon was also her supposed Celestial Weapon, the Corrupter. The weapon was originally referred to as the Blurry Moon, which is the class of katana that the Corrupter upgraded from. While the game never places any sort of importance on the name, I thought it would be fun to use it as a sign that Mishka was being manipulated by the Via Infinito and literally being corrupted through the weapon they'd bestowed on her. However, as a fan of anime, there's a factor of ownership and that Mishka hadn't claimed the weapon meant it hadn't truly taken ahold of her so now that she has claimed it, it was Cyan's belief that she'd become corrupt and therefore corrupts by proxy. There is a problem with the Velkomme Schwert and it wasn't meant for Cyan originally. More on that later.

So here we have the triumphant return to the Via Infinito. Or at least a return to the Via Infinito. This is potentially the weakest they've been as a group. None of them honestly want to return, though for the sake of the mission or their own personal ones, the group finds themselves back down the chasm. Don't let the posture fool you; Mishka has left herself more vulnerable than ever. There is a glimmer of hope, honest hope, to her character as Tomoya mentioned. However, she's gone about it the wrong way and it will cost the group at some point in the future. This is mirrored by other characters, but I'll leave it up to you lot to consider to whom I may be referring.

Also, for those that thought I'd leave my Tromell story arc be after that heated argument between Mishka and Cyan, you thought wrong. Yes, I'd left the notion of bringing Tromell to justice at the hands of a confused and bitter Cyan unfinished thanks to Mishka's interference. However, as much of how my posts play out, I wanted to show that even if he was unaware of the bullet he dodged, Tromell's crimes wouldn't remain unresolved. However, by doing it this way, I've hidden the fact that there was ever a conspiracy - which is what also happened in the game with respect to the underlying truth about Seymour's motivations - and given Tromell another aspect to his character, which probably would not have resulted from being murdered by Cyan. If he'd been killed by Cyan, she'd undoubtedly explain her actions and he'd realise his past had caught up with him or blame Mishka, accusing her of sending an enforcer to enact vengeance on her behalf. However, by having him die arbitrarily at the hands of someone he's unaffiliated with, he'd feel cheated. After all he'd done, the goals he's accomplished for the guado people, how could he die as a simple hostage? This conclusion will have other consequences later on, too. Now isn't that something? ^.~

So how about today's update eh? Looks like the stakes have been raised. In favour of not spoiling anyone until they've read through it, I am opting for a shorter comments post this time. ^.~ Enjoy the read!

Last time, I left the lot of you with the notion that we'd killed off our first main character. After this read, you know now that it's much more complicated than that. xD But first, we finally arrive on Cloister 70 and our next Boss Fight. I modeled this one after Yu-Gi-OH! actually. When I wrote it originally, I had just recently acquired the Lava Golem card and decided to revisit Battle City's Joey vs Marik episodes where the card was played and used against Joey. As the character in our RP is also a Joey, I thought this might be fun, but I did manage to make it a bit different while adding to Joseph's character growth. After so long down in Via Infinito, several characters had already begun to lose hope, though characters like my Mishka had rekindled their faith in succeeding in the end.

Additionally, a new change to the venue has occurred. Contrary to previous tenth cloisters, we're not returning to the surface this time. Instead, Via Infinito doesn't want them leaving and the group will have to figure out their own exit, if they can. All the while, they'll need to figure out this new Nikki development.

However, I wouldn't just leave it all up in the air. My Iezak storyline has finally concluded and there was a bit of a twist involved, though I'm not sure if it still has an effect now. Back in the RP's original run, FFX HD had just released and, with it, came a bit of new content including a new chapter where it is explained that pyreflies can be manipulated by extraordinarily strong emotions to manifest physical beings and not just images or illusions. In the new content was the notion of Spira's last shoopuff and how it had a mate, but also a returning Sin. I'd made it seem that Iezak would be sent and hold resentment for it. It then made sense that he was responsible for the returning Sin, but thanks to Tromell and my version of his character, it would actually be his death and the strong objections he had towards it that would beckon Sin back into being while Iezak was actually at peace with the outcome and his final thought were on that shoopuff. How's that for an ending?

So last time, I left the lot of you with the notion that we hadn't actually killed off our first main character. x) Now I've gone and taken more than that.

We've also reached the next Boss Fight and I make use of my Iezak one last time. The point of this RP was that Spira would fall. Technically, that has been achieved now. There is going to be a massive change to the planet following what happened.

Additionally, in this segment was when I'd decided to illustrate my view on Final Fantasy X2.5. Last time, I'd had Iezak Beckon the unsent shoopuff. Beckoning is a new aspect of Spira that the bonus video and book from the HD release have created and is the result of strong emotions calling forth the actual pyreflies of the deceased thereby willing them back into being as more physical versions of unsent.

My take on it is that Beckoning could have only been achieved once the Via Infinito and Farplane merged into one entity. The planet made whole strengthens the power of the pyreflies, but of course this is chaotic and the Beckoning emphasises this by forcing the dead back to life. Now, though, thanks to this my Mishka can actually face her demons head on.

The next part will feature the final Open Arc where we'll have one last moment to develop our characters because once we head back in, it's the final ten cloisters.

We haven't had a Kyra post in some time and after she caught up with it all, we won't be seeing another post from her ever again. xD That's because this post of hers corresponds to late 2015 and the start of our current RP! That's right. There's not much left of this RP now.

Now as a result of this turn of events I was able to further elabourate on what has happened to Spira due to the merger. There's now a new consciousness born of the united aspects of the planet, which will play a role in its future, though I'm fairly certain it won't come up in the current RP. I suppose if I ever get around to those other chapters of Exigo, the identity of this consciousness will be explained then. =p

Memento RK Fall of Spira Comments Thread Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting all of this Zera. It's been nice to read it all again, even though these last posts were hard for me to write, let alone read after all these years. You mentioned that last post was from 2015. No wonder I've forgotten a lot of what happened. That trauma and forgetting what happened has played into Kyra's mindset as she progresses in the current RP. She literally went from one front to another in a heartbeat, but her motive has always remained the same. I am looking forward to seeing the finishing posts here though. They were some of my favourite.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Thanks for posting all of this Zera. It's been nice to read it all again, even though these last posts were hard for me to write, let alone read after all these years. You mentioned that last post was from 2015. No wonder I've forgotten a lot of what happened. That trauma and forgetting what happened has played into Kyra's mindset as she progresses in the current RP. She literally went from one front to another in a heartbeat, but her motive has always remained the same. I am looking forward to seeing the finishing posts here though. They were some of my favourite.
    It's been my pleasure. This RP has been quite the journey and the one we're currently on does carry some of that onward, at least, with regards to your and haboo's characters.

---------

Last time's posts were rather harsh. We'd only just lost the twins, the Via Infinito and Farplane were irrevocably combined into one and even birthed a new entity in its wake, and finally Kyra was sent to the new RP. I decided for my Final Arc that I'd go for a lighter tone since it would be the last opportunity for it. It's something similar to how Final Fantasy VII did it where you could save at the Northern Crater and then engage in sidequests afterward. It started with a touching moment between Cloud and Tifa, but following that you could do anything including Chocobo racing.

On Nikki's side, she is made to accept Kyra's departure, though we know it gets better for them. Still, with Kyra gone and so many other characters dead, the tone entering the final cloisters won't be very pleasant... and neither will those cloisters. But you'll see that in the upcoming posts. ^.~ Until then!

Apologies for being missing last week! ^.^;;;

I'd like to start by saying I'm making a move that's probably not going to be popular. You might have noticed it already if you read today's post before coming here. xD

There aren't very many posts left of the old RP. As they are the final posts of this final chapter of the RP, I thought I'd give each one its own entry. There were revelations and events that, at least for me, deserve their time for readers to digest. This will also give me a larger space to explain a bit more the overarching outcome of this RP.

Now for this post. For the first time, the entirety of the party have been granted access to the little girl's room. Furthermore, we now know who this little girl has been since the very beginning. She is Nikki's little sister and the Emi who was recently *yes recently now hush!* introduced into the current RP. Let that sink in for a bit. ^.^

Getting back to the room itself, we now see what it actually is, since we know what the Via Infinito and the Farplane are to one another. The Via Infinito is a repository for all the negative aspects of a person, stored in their pyreflies. The Farplane is its polar opposite that houses the positive aspects. The Via Infinito then has no ability to influence those positive pyreflies, which Emi as a child would mostly be composed. However, as she'd died in the Via Infinito locked in fear and dread, there was an amount of negativity the Via Infinito could use, which they'd done so to create the unsent little girl. This room represents a sort of prison for the pyreflies the Via Infinito could not use, which is why it feels similar to the Farplane. It basically is a sampling of it. And as such, all those who died in the Via Infinito were trapped in it, as well. Well, supposing they'd otherwise have been carried off to the Farplane upon death. We don't quite see all of the deceased characters, do we?

Now that the walls have come down, though, and there's a new entity that is comprised of all pyreflies, this room is no longer untouchable, though it remained safe for the moment. Those trapped can also escape to the Farplane now, though what the Farplane is anymore is anyone's guess. They are similar to Iezak now, pyreflies set adrift that couldn't find their way back to the Farplane, though at least Iezak's pyreflies had a guide.

At the end of the post, a Garment Grid is discovered. What could this mean? I'd just like to point out that I was elated when I was searching through Garment Grids in the process of writing this post that there was one called the Undying Storm. I'm fairly certain the intention was to draw on how Spira was named after spiral as it relates to the game's theme. The theme of Final Fantasy X was about the spiral of death that was the Age of Sin and the pilgrimages. Regardless, it worked perfectly for this RP, as well! x)

Next time, we'll join Nikki and see what else the Via Infinito has planned for them.

Nikki's been hit hardest from the recent events. She'd only just lost Kyra *to the new RP! ^o^* and now she's been made to learn that she's had a sister this entire time, a sister who had died and been trapped in such an awful place for years, made to do the Via Infinito's bidding as a deranged unsent. This post sorts through it all for Nikki.

And what better way to sort through things going on in your head than by beating it out of your other half? xD The battle against the Shadow Nikki serves as both a revelation for Nikki, as well as, further explanation as to what the two Emis are. So going back to what I'd said last time, the Emi with Mishka at present is the pyreflies of the true Emi that the Via Infinito could not control. They separated these pyreflies and locked them away while manipulating the negative pyreflies that they could control. Of course, Nikki's situation is a bit different. Her shadow had been created by Sanika through the use of telepathy. They're more the negative memories which can be stored in pyreflies that harnessed the pyreflies in the Via Infinito to create the Shadow Nikki. Nikki had originally suppressed the memories that comprise her shadow so Sanika was able to access and subsequently draw them out into a metaphysical manifestation. However, once the Shadow Nikki was formed, the negative emotion allowed the Via Infinito to creep in.

Once she had herself sorted out, she and her shadow were able to finally reunite, which restored all of Nikki's memories.

Sorry I'm a bit late on this post. With Covid19 having a go at the world, it's been hectic and I haven't found the time to pop on and post. No worries, though, as I'm here now and I'm making up for it with two posts. Actually, I'd had the previous commentary ready so I'm leaving that unedited from back then.

=====

So let's just side step the conclusion of my post for a mo. This post allowed me to flex my battle RPing skill a bit, which I was glad for. Dresspheres usually adopt a new look for each new user, but I felt Rikku's Festival Goer look would be fun to imagine on Mishka so I only changed the colour of it and added that touch of demure decoration with the cherry blossom. She might not be, but there's a side of her that fits this look I think.

Also decided to have a bit of fun with the other pyreflies within Emi. You seldom get to have other parties speaking for a person and the last time I did anything like it was when Sanika mimicked the twins and was meant to be scary. Poor Emi, though. xD

Before we get to the end, there's a little note about what happened to get us there. Emi uses her powers to manipulate the Holy magic into becoming a blanket of light. This move was meant to show and I suppose be a sort of homage to Final Fantasy VII when Aeris prays to have Holy help stop the Black Materia. Holy Magic and the Farplane/Life Stream *more on that one day possibly* are connected and Holy Magic follows its direction. Just a bit of connective tissue for Exigo's purposes. ^.^

Finally Rikku has been found! Yes, she'll now play a role in upcoming posts. See, there's a method to my madness. Had I posted all the posts as normal this one would have been somewhere in the middle and the gravity of having discovered Rikku would be compromised. This way, you can wait another two weeks in excitement *hopefully ^.^;;;* for what this could mean.

=====

So much for that plan, eh?

The post following finding Rikku is a bit of catching up with her. As the introduction to this RP stated, Rikku had entered the Via Infinito to locate any of the spheres Trema had stolen during the events of FFX-2. However, out of fear she may find something that could prevent the impending merger, the Via Infinito trapped her within its recesses through the use of their avatar, the unsent form of Emi. Of course, this is all Rikku explains, but there's a hint of something more she's not letting on. What could that be?

Finally, at the very end, it's revealed that Tidus is in the cloister with them. Why is this the case? Well, as previously stated, this RP is meant to follow the canon through my own timeline of events that unite each of the Final Fantasy games. This would include Final Fantasy X2.5 and I'll leave you there. No, I can do a bit better. Rikku did say that with the light gone Mishka should rely on her guado senses. What could she mean by that? That's where I'll leave you to theorize. ^.~

Alright, that's it from me then. Stay safe everyone!

Continuing on this last leg of the RP, this post sort of deals with a bit of explaining as to what Rikku's been up to since she traveled down this chasm. Though, I don't name him here, the first enemy is Shuyin and I purposely left his actions vague only hinting at his swordplay. There's a reason for this, but I might leave that to the X-3 fanfiction I'd had planned for quite some time, but never got around to writing. Suffice it to say, he doesn't try to fight back all that seriously.

Further along we have the likewise quick battle against the Fathom Bahamut. I chose to bestow Cyan with the Knights of the Round summon to demonstrate how much power the Via Infinito, and now this new combined entity, have allotted her as their appointed herald. It also illustrates much more directly that my Exigo timeline sets Spira and Gaia/Planet as the same world, which will become apparent if I ever get the follow up RP up, the Rise of Shinra.

And at last we've caught back up to the present. It was some months ago when we'd last heard from Nikki, wasn't it? Originally, I'd meant for my posts to take longer and therefore allow the others to fill in their side of the story as mine played out. However, with haboo's previous post, they'd already gone ahead so I was left to catch up. Fortunately, the RP had slowed by then, as well, so it would be consecutive weeks before haboo's next post, which I'll be getting up next time. ^.^

In this post, though, Cyan's become worried for Mishka. The girl's gone a bit mad through these recent events, and her path likely leads down to catastrophe. However, in keeping with the portrayal from my last post, Rikku's changed, as well. She's no longer the high spirited Gulwing or hopeful antagonist of the pilgrimages. This mission has forced her to accept the harsher reality of Spira and - of course my Exigo is to blame for this ^.^;;; - she can no longer uplift the spirit of others as she had done before.

Oh, and before I forget, yay for Mishyan! They're technically together again with this post, though as can be seen, it's still a bit rocky.

I'm completely happy for Mishyan too, best thing to see.
    ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro
    Last edited by burbigo; 06-29-2020 at 02:48 PM.

A bit more light-hearted in this one, though the impending danger still looms. With Emika reunited with her sister, the attention's gone back onto Mishka, who has not changed course in her mission to defeat the Via Infinito. The exchange here is a bit short and simple, which should be a dead ringer that nothing's really been resolved. However, Nikki does bring up a good point and that is Mishka's responsibilites back on the surface. What is to become of them?

Honestly, these posts would have a bit more of a punch to them during the original run of the RP. As there's the Brand New Days RP going on now, we all know the ultimate fates of these characters. Still I hope you'll continue to read these as if the conclusion has not been set in stone.

Finally, we've reached the climax. Emika is set to become whole again, though the circumstances could be better. They'd succeeded once already with Nikki. However, with the Via Infinito's additional thrall over the unsent, will it be the same this time? What will be the outcome of their attempt to reunite the two halves of Emika?

Find out next time! *cue exciting musical outro*

Alright, well, when I said next time what I actually meant was the time after. However, we are moving rapidly towards the ending, aren't we? And congratulations my dear burbigo, it would appear Mishyan is finally back!

Why did the Via Infinito tell the unsent Emika that Mishka would protect her? What's its endgame? *snap* x)

Really, though, that's something to consider. It should be clear, the Via Infinito is aware of their plan. Helping it along shouldn't be to its benefit, yet it still cajoled the unsent. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishka
    “It'll be okay, Emi. We were prepared for this.
    Another good question is why Mishka didn't end up struggling against the Via Infinito's control. Why hadn't it consumed her then? I hope that by moving into the light-hearted moment followed by having the group switch over to finding the others that I was successful in getting you readers to forget that bit, but really, why was there no struggle?

This post also foreshadows a bit of what technology will hold in the future. You guessed it; Rikku's modification is a precursor to Materia, though it is hardly a finished product yet. If I ever get around to it, my Rikku fanfic would delve into this further, particularly the consequences hinted at here.

Veterans of this old RP might find an odd nuance to this post, as well, but I'll leave it up to them to voice them should they choose. ^.^

That's it for now and in the next post, things should finally start to reach a conclusion.

I forget if I mentioned this before, but during the run of this RP, we'd started a sort of points system to increase activity on our old forum. You'd post or create threads around the forum and it would accumulate points that would go towards this RP. One of the prizes, if you will, was that a person could request a post from another RPer, usually that RPer being me. My Paine posts were all done as a result of these prize winnings and, it was around this time, I was made to write yet another of my Paine posts. We'd come close to the end and after I'd killed off Nooj, having also killed Leblanc and her goons earlier on, this was to be a way of wrapping up her character arc.

It'd been quite some time since my last Paine post so I thought it would be a good way of reviewing the events since that time and showing it from another perspective. This also allowed me to revisit the other arc of the RP as Paine and Gippal are very well acquainted. By doing this, I'd additionally hoped to bridge this RP with the games, the short video and story Final Fantasy X2.5, as well as, my own works of Eternal Love and Spira: The Eternal Discord. After all, everything here is part of my Exigo timeline.

As such, this post ran very long. Very very long xD. I mostly enjoyed the interactions between the canon characters, though. The mention of the "hunch" was particularly amusing for me as I wrote it as it had been a subtle and sweet nod to Paine's character development throughout the game. Those that have read it, I'd continued to develop Paine's character in Spira: The Eternal Discord and she'd come a long way since her appearance in X-2.

Finally, there's a bit of fairly direct foreshadowing. Paine's got the same device Hunter had used on Iezak. It's going to be used against the Via Infinito, but how it is to be used is a bit unclear. It's one thing to forcibly absorb a single unsent's pyreflies into a machina. Quite a task to absorb half of the natural pyreflies of a planet, though. We'll see how Paine intends to use this in upcoming posts.

I don't know for you but I really like that points system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2