Thread: Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste

Blog Entries

Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste

A month ago or so, I was browsing Amazon's MP3 store, when I found an EP entitled "Star Burrito." And I bought it, because I am, after all, the Taco-Calamitous. Been listening to this EP a lot, and my enjoyment of the material has been growing as opposed to waning like with most new music. Tonight, I found the first EP put out by this band-The Dirty Royals-"Obsessed America." I think I'm in love. There's a certain combination of pop and alternative rebeliousness that makes me go But yeah, Dirty Royals:

A couple years ago, I did this with the Avett Brothers. I still love them.

What is the latest new thing that makes you super happy? Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Oh! And I also recently love Broadway Calls. They're from Oregon. And they have a new album out this year. And it's good.

Sir Prize Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Awesome thread... y no replies...

Viking Jesus singing VG songs,
    Here ya go:

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Great thread!

I caught a show back in March at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA. I went for Dropkick Murphys but was taken abroad by the opening act for the opening act. The band is called Jim Lockey and The Solemn Sun. They could probably be categorized as folk/punk. The main thing that stood out was their passion for what they were playing. They had obviously put some hard work and time in to their sound and presentation. Unfortunatly, in a industry overflowing with sloppy or cliched lyrics, more show than passion performances, and music meant for plastic people, bands like this are a true and welcome rarity(steps down from pulpit).

Other "newer" acts that I am currently digging are Cage the Elephant, Imagine Dragons, and The Lumineers.

I want to play a game. Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Zargabaath's Avatar
    I first heard of Starkill, previously Massakren, as the opening act for the Wintersun NA tour. These guys are from the Chicago area. They have a symphonic-death metal sound. A bit heavier compared to Wintersun.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    A few years ago my bro put a song on a mix CD for me by a band called "The Lonely Forest" called "Stars and Moons." It was very emoish and had some screaming that felt almost out of place, but it was fun and energetic. Not really enough to get me to look into anything else they did for a while, but I liked it. Fast forward to the end of last year, my bro sent me his old iPod in the mail while I was in Tech School because I had no music device of my own at the time. He'd filled it with stuff he thought I'd like, and one of the albums he put on it was "Arrows" by The Lonely Forest. I'd listen to them occasionally; most of it was very mellow, but a few songs really stuck out to me: Turn Off This Song and Go Outside and We Sing In Time to name two. Then later this year I found out their first two albums were being rereleased, so I got those. One of them, "We Sing the Body Electric!" (named for a famous poem and Twilight Zone episode) really stuck out as an amazing album; from start to finish, I like every single song. This album is where "We Sing In Time" was originally released. Finally, last month, they released a new album entitled "Adding Up All the Wasted Hours." It's pretty good. It's a bit less mellow than Arrows was, but I kinda feel lukewarm about it. Still, The Lonely Forest is pretty awesome:

Death Before Dishonor Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Right now my guilty pleasure is Volbeat. I have been listening to this band nonstop.

I have gotten to see this band twice now, and honestly they are one of the best live bands I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Josh_R; 11-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Xanatos's Avatar
    Not quite recently, but a great find nevertheless. I am a huge fan of violin, naturaly I feel in love with Taylor Davis and her music. She does great covers of some of the best songs out there including Final Fantasy and it's music.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Old Skool Warrior Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you like Taylor, you should check out Lindsey Stirling! She covers all kinds of things, and works with a lot of great a cappella vocalists too.

~ Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Queen Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Crescent's Avatar
    Dancing n singing along to Ariana Grande's new album this lazy sunday morning

Registered User Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste
    I've been getting into LCD Soundsystem lately. I've been giving modern music a chance lately.

TFFF Ghost Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Howling Wind's Avatar
    Mike Oldfield =D Especially the Tubular Bells albums. Found some CDs of his a while back. Thought the cover was neat. Plus I saw the Exorcist. That helped. Not with sleep, but with finding out about Mike Oldfield.
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee for a necropost. Current bands that I am addicted to but probably no one knows would include:

Bobaflex: this band is hard to describe seeing every album has been a different experience and sound to it. I have listened to almost all of their songs and can't find really any that I don't like.

Forsaken Few: Straight out of Joplin, Mo. these guys are just awesome all around and cover a few genras of sounds but mix it all together and make it their own. Plus the guys are really cool too.

Sully Erna: yes most people know he is the lead singer of Godsmack. Most people don't know of his solo career with avalon. Shows how Godsmack has limited him even though they still Rock.

Kingshifter: these guys are local but we'll worth a mention and worth checking out. Plus a metal band fronted by an almost 7 foot tall black man is badarse.

These are just a few of the many that I have been listening to as of late.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The Mad God Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Heartless Angel's Avatar

Scary Symmetry, epic shit.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

TFFF Ghost Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Howling Wind's Avatar
    Plug plug plug PLUG.

I would like to be able to say that I contributed to this album but no. I'm just PLUGGING. Plus, I'm actually into music like this. Some people find it absolutely boring and pointless but whatever XD

It isn't because I got a free copy of the album, either >.>'
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

The Mad God Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste Heartless Angel's Avatar

And I have tickets to see them next Tuesday.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Y'know, it's a pretty sad state of affairs if a thread started by me is one of the top 3 threads in a forum... lolol.

I have found myself enjoying the new album from Eagles of Death Metal; yes, that band that was playing in Paris when ISIS douchebags decided to kill people.

Also, I started listening to them a couple years ago with their first EP, but Pet Symmetry is pretty rad:

Registered User Your Latest Favorite Band/Artiste streaml1ned's Avatar
    Mine would have to be Royal Blood. I heard their song "Out of the Black" on the radio and I was hooked. Been listening to the latest album for days.

EDIT: Favorite song of theirs: