Thread: WTF happened!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth WTF happened! Xanatos's Avatar

WTF happened!

WTF happened to Linkin Park. Used to love these guys, I can handle a bad album, but to change up to the point where it's a completely different genre, and not a good one, is ridiculous to say the least. Same goes for Avril Lavigne, as silly as it may sound I had huge crush on her in elementary. She used to make decent pop, slightly punk/rock songs, now at best it's pop for teen girls.

What are some of the artists you love that changed for worse?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    There was a time when you thought Avril Lavigne was good? Oh, sweet, innocent Xan... ... /condescending prick

Of course, the bands I'm gonna say right now isn't gonna score me many points:

Blink 182. I liked them up until their self/titled album-they totally turned into some weird artsy experimental thing with that album, and Neighborhoods didn't sound that much better (although going back, "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" hasn't aged well aside from a song or two.)

Saves the Day used to be pretty rockin'. Their first album is all fast, hard-hitting songs. The second album has Rock Tonic Juice Magic which is amazing, even though it's such a damn "emo" song. The third album was when things started to change a bit, but we were still doing good. Fourth... I'm not sure what happened. Singer didn't even sound like the same guy anymore.

The Ataris' last album was not even supposed to be an Ataris album; they wanted to become something else, but their label wouldn't let them. I don't know if I would've liked this new band anyway. But since that last album, they've changed back, released a single and supposedly are coming out with an album of new material some time...

Let me just use a blanket statement for all the ska bands who left the ska genre once the Summer of Ska was over. Most notable is No Doubt, but also the Hippos, who don't sound anything like themselves on their final album. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

No Doubt was pretty good as well. Nice and fast punk rock, until Saturn. Still good, but way more hip hop and slow. Music in general has shifted to more radio style hip hop and other commercialized crap (I'm not hating on No Doubt). Only KMFDM is still true and original.

Registered User WTF happened!
    Goo Goo Dolls aren't as appealing to me as much anymore, however the last album I bought was "Let Love In", so maybe their new stuff is good. I haven't really listened to any of it though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.