Thread: What to play next?

Ayyye What to play next? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What to play next?

Due to bad financial decisions, I am instrumentless again. Currently looking for work, but still dirt poor at the moment. Anyway, I have played steel string, classical, electric, bass and mandolin. I have interest in pretty much every stringed instrument and listen to/play pretty much anything. I'd be stoked with anything, but the pros and cons are molesting my brain. I'm leaning towards either electric or bass though. But both of those equate to a lot of money (amps, effects, cords, upgrades, etc)

So what do? I'd really prefer guitar or bass since tuning to fourths is how I'm familiar with playing. I like fiddles...but that mean COMPLETELY restarting.

Oh, I have no one to play with, I don't really think anyone has the same ideas as me or anything close. Everyone around is either classic rock, country, metalcore or etc. I'd really like to use my thumb and fingers, one reason I like the bass. I hate trying to finger pick close strings, so the spacing of a bass is really ideal (for both hands really) I'd probably play it with a butchered slap/classical guitar type thing. If I went electric, I would most likely abandon finger picking and work on lead and chording stuff.
    Last edited by Lacquer Head; 08-10-2012 at 11:35 PM.