Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: What was the last CD you bought?

Dr. Prof. Failstrom What was the last CD you bought? Dr_Flea's Avatar

Re: What was the last CD you bought?

last cd's i bought were and old album i hadn't got by the cure and a three days grace album!!

~Dr_Flea~

#LOCKE4GOD What was the last CD you bought? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SPOILER!!:

Self explanatory. Really grat album too.

I want to play a game. What was the last CD you bought? Zargabaath's Avatar

I purchased Rhapsody of Fire's latest cd - The Frozen Tears of Angels. This is their first cd in almost half a decade and on their new record label Nuclear Blast. I was glad that they were able to finish their legal preceedings with the former label because once again the group of Rhapsody of Fire did not disappointe me. I've loved all there cds as they are always able to capture a great symphonic/power metal sound like nobody else. Fabio Lione may be my favourite symphonic/power metal vocalist followed closely by Olaf Hayler.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Several Korn CDs. After listening to Issues again I felt like more of their stuff.
    I have a taste for them currently I guess...
    victoria aut mors

Carnage

Got a hard copy of Rust in Peace by Megadeth. Probably one of the best metal albums of all time.

Dir en Grey ~ Uroboros

Merrylennium:Neo-AnimeChains
    ~Even if the morrow is barren of promises
    Nothing shall forestall my return~

The Strongest Fusion What was the last CD you bought? Gogeta's Avatar

Yesterday I bought Wonderful Wonderholic from LM.C. I'm into Japanese music, and I've really wanted to get something new, so my friend told me about LM.C and I gave them a try and next thing I know, I'm out buying their latest album

I can't buy any of LM.C's music without iTunes, I now have every single they have out, 88, John, Oh my Juliet, Ghost Heart, Punky Heart, Bell the Cat, Boys and Girls, Liar Liar, Trailers [Gold], and Trailers [Silver]. Next album I'm gonna buy is either GIMMICAL ☆ IMPACT or Super Glitter Loud Box. LM.C is awesome <3 My overall favorite J-Rock band. I can't buy anything cause I'm out of iTunes $, lol. So I basically have their entire ディスコグラフィー except 2 albums, thats why I said basically
    Last edited by Gogeta; 07-13-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: New Information

I want to play a game. What was the last CD you bought? Zargabaath's Avatar

I picked up Eminem's latest cd - Recovery - and I find it to be very great job by him and those involved. He talks about a wide range of topics that includee: the death and his friendship with proof, his past 2 cds (more so on Relapse), hip-hop (which extends to critics and fans), relationships, etc. He does rag on Relapse however I found Relapse to be a better cd than Encore; in Encore his lyrical ability wasn't great which he stepped up in Relapse though he didn't really talk about anything "meaningful" [I see Relapse as a metaphor to the days of when he was taking drugs - dark times]. In Recovery his lyricism and wordplay are back on form as he does an excellent job in many songs. I also liked the beats that he used as they varied and well done - I liked all them (some more than others).

Once again, Eminem shows that he is immensely greater than Lil Wayne in the song "No Love" which is what also happened in Drake's song "Forever" where Eminem left Drake, Kanye, & Wayne behind.

If Relapse won the grammy for Best Rap Album last year when there was the Blueprint 3 and OB4CL Pt II, I expect that Recovery to win this year as well since this year their hasn't been much - though this is a good cd regardless of the competition.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Godsmack Worshipper What was the last CD you bought? Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Got a hard copy of Rust in Peace by Megadeth. Probably one of the best metal albums of all time.
    Couldn't agree more. Rust in Peace is a KILLER thrash record, and probably the best thrash record ever made in history.

Blog Entries

Just downloaded Mad Caddies - Rock the Plank, an album I used to own but gave to my brother. Guess my tastes in music have changed plenty since then. Also just got Armchair Martian - Good Guys... Bad Band, The Echoing Green - Suffer (Digital EP) and All - Mass Nerder. One of the guys from Armchair Martian was also in ALL and the Descendents, I think. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The last cd I bought was in June, Mayday Parade-A Lesson in Romantics.
    It was not for me though, was a present for my best friend. The last cd I bought for myself was Apocalyptica-Worlds Collide.
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIII (Second Run)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Battlefield Bad Company

The Strongest Fusion What was the last CD you bought? Gogeta's Avatar

I finally have all of LM.C, all i need now is their newest single that is going to come out soon (Following Aiji and Maya on twitter so I'm well informed, lol)

Never getting back together... What was the last CD you bought? JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last CD I bought was yesterday, and it was Carrie Underwoods newest album Carnival Ride. XD

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What was the last CD you bought? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I bought 'Mob Rules' by Black Sabbath. Dio era Sabbath was their best era to be honest, and I love the album. 'Heaven and Hell' is better, but 'Mob Rules' is great too. Overall, one of my best musical purchases in a while.

Blog Entries

Supposed to be getting Circle of Dust's self-titled album in the mail some time soon (see my thread about Klayton. That guy is the main guy behind Circle of Dust.)

Just downloaded both the score and the soundtrack to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World last night. Some of it is pretty awesome, and some of it is just okay. My favorites are some of the chiptunes and battle music. Also, the two songs by Crash and the Boys. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

What was the last CD you bought? SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    'Heaven and Hell' is better, but 'Mob Rules' is great too. Overall, one of my best musical purchases in a while.
    Couldn't agree more! Heaven and Hell is one of my most frequently listened to albums. Pure Metal awesomeness.

As far as my purchases go, however, I just picked up Iron Maiden's latest album,(The Final Frontier) which I'll be listening to later tonight. I'm pretty excited, as I found their last album pretty entertaining and I've been waiting for another for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4 Goku View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Heaven and Hell is one of my most frequently listened to albums. Pure Metal awesomeness.
    Hell yeah! Everytime I'm listening to music, it always ends up on Heaven and Hell sooner or later.

Today I bought Gogol Bordello's albums 'Gypsy Punks' and 'Trans-Continental Hustle'. Both are great albums. I love the mixture of punk with Violins and Accordians.

Death Before Dishonor What was the last CD you bought? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today I picked up Freddie Gibbs Str8 Killa No Filla. It is rap, and it is raw as hell. Insane shit..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Mariah carey's memoirs of an Imperfect Angel. I think it's her most underrated album. It's actually pretty good. Vocally this was her best from this decade. Close to the butterfly album.

I recently bought, over a period of time, all of Johnny Cash's 'American' albums, and I've got to say, even if you aren't a fan of Cash, these albums will blow you away. The albums are a mixture of covers and originals, but Cash makes the covers his own. These were the last albums he made before he died, and if you listen to them in chronological order, it's like you are hearing him dying. The stories of the songs from I-VI reflect on that. Really powerful albums.

Death Before Dishonor What was the last CD you bought? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today I went out an bought Eminem's Relapse album. I figured that it was about time to add it to my collection of albums.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I'll make you famous What was the last CD you bought? Rydia Lover's Avatar

i just bought anberlin's new album Dark is the Way, Light is a Place the day it came out.

its very different from there other albums, but amazing none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

I bought Rush's epic album '2112' the other day. This is one CD that has to be, not just in any rock fan's collection, but any music fan's collection. It truly is an awesome album. I've been listening to it on youtube a lot lately, and thought it's about bloody time I got it. Seriously amazing album.

Godsmack Worshipper What was the last CD you bought? Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Sully Erna's new album, Avalon. A true masterpiece! Here's my brief review that I posted on iTunes/Amazon:

Ethereal, rhythmic, haunting, eclectic, fresh. Avalon is a collection of amazing songs that will move your soul and spirit. The haunting combination of modern and ancient tunes, combined with phenomenal vocals (Sully and Lisa) and instrumentals (other members of Sully's band did an amazing job. They are TRUE musicians) make this album one to cherish and listen to over and over. Each time you hear it will lead to new discoveries and emotions. Sully has the gift of creating music that is both timeless, universal, and transcendent. Music/Art like this is rare to come by - art that can give you the experience of leaving your body, art that points to something greater than itself, something that cannot be described through words, and that only music and images come closest to.

This album is a musical journey into another world. It will transport and amaze you...a fantasy for the ears. The entire album is a delightful treat for the senses and I couldn't recommend it any higher. Do yourself a favor and BUY IT.
    There you have it, one of the best albums ever. I would recommend Avalon to anyone who wants an album that has a meaning.

Listen to: Sinner's Prayer (First single off Avalon)
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 09-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Linkin Park's new album, A Thousand Suns. And no, I'm not a fan of their new music, I only bought it because they're still my favourite band regardless of their awful new songs <3

On saturday, I bought both Johnny Cash's 'At Folsom Prison' and Cream's 'Disraeli Gears'. Both albums are classics. 'At Folsom Prison' is a live album, from perhaps his most famous concert at Folsom Prison in California. It is great as always from the Man in Black, with a few comedic moments from Cash. Great listening.
    'Disraeli Gears' contains the classic song 'Sunshine of Your Love', which I still say has one of the greatest guitar riffs of all time. It is a late 60's rock classic, which is all about the riffage. And the album art is really trippy too!

EDIT* (Rather than double post):
    I've had a bit of a buying sesh over the last couple of days. Yesterday I picked up Tenacious D's self titled album, and Enter Shikari's 'Tribalism'. Today, I got Tenacious D's 'Pick Of Destiny', Motorhead's 'Ace Of Spades' and I received Johnny Cash's 'At San Quentin'.
    Both Tenacious D's albums, as most people know, are funny as hell and really great. They have absolutely no serious songs, which is nice every once in a while. Even their (mildly) serious song 'Wonderboy' turns out to be a funny song.
    Enter Shikari's album is good. It is a B sides/remixes/live album. The B sides are good, the title track is awesome! The remixes are OK, it's a shame 4 out of 7 of the remixes are of the same song. And the live tracks are good too, because ES are an awesome live band.
    Johnny Cash's album is, like 'At Folsom Prison' is a live album, and like the before mentioned album, is from a very famous concert he did. And once again, I love it. Cash is amazing, how he can do faster songs perfectly, and then slower ones perfectly. He truly is a very diverse musician.
    Last edited by ZantetsukeN; 10-07-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Controlling With Fear What was the last CD you bought? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Linkin Park's new album, A Thousand Suns. And no, I'm not a fan of their new music, I only bought it because they're still my favourite band regardless of their awful new songs <3
    Yeah, i just bought that too. Their new songs do kinda suck imo.

Miyavi ~ Whats my Name

it really isn't his best work his voice sounds really strained in this album

Merrylennium:Neo-AnimeChains
    ~Even if the morrow is barren of promises
    Nothing shall forestall my return~

Quote Originally Posted by Marceil View Post
    Miyavi ~ Whats my Name

it really isn't his best work his voice sounds really strained in this album
    Definitely need this album. I love 'Torture'.

Last CD I bought was 'Labyrinth' by Juno Reactor. You might know them as the band that did most of the 'Matrix' soundtrack. It is an epic album. 'Navras' is easily the best song on the album. Their style is very cinematic and it comes out great on this album.

Mojo Jojo What was the last CD you bought? Trunks's Avatar

The Blackout: The Best in Town.

1. STFUppercut
    2. Save Our Selves (The Warning)
    3. Top of the World
    4. The Fire
    5. Children of the Night
    6. Said & Done
    7. Silent When We Speak
    8. I Love Myself and I Wanna Live
    9. This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
    10. We're Going to Hell... So Bring the Sunblock

I'm not entirely sure why I bought this album. I only really like one song and that's tack 9. Still, it's always feels good for me to support British bands. They are good at what they do, too.
    Gypsy Elder is my awesome TFF sister.
    We have a faithful dog, Calvan, to keep us company.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast