Thread: Obsessed with bands!

Asking all the personal questions. Obsessed with bands! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Obsessed with bands!

I recently went through my collection of music and found that i have 7 Mettalica cds ( yes thats right kiddies i said CD we had those back in our days you know none of this fan-dangled mp3 and tr-ipods haha) including Justice for all, Master of Puppets, Kill em all, Black, St Anger, Load, Re-load. I thought it quite amusing because it is my biggest collection of one band/artist ever the next biggest is Offspring with Amerikana, Smash, Splinter and the greatest hits.

Anyway what is your biggest collection of ONE band or Artist, does it border on obsesson of that band or admiration?
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I have troubles finding physical CDs of most bands I listen to. For this reason, the one I probably have the most of is Nirvana and I have an almost ungodly amount of Nirvana stuff. Think all studio albums, With the lights out boxset, other official albums, storebought bootlegs and import releases etc. I've prob got somewhere between 10 and 20 CDs with Nirvana's name attached. I also have a few vinyls...
    victoria aut mors

Id have to say without a doubt my biggest CD collection for one band would be...

Dream Theater!
    Dream Theater - The Official Site

I have every cd im pretty sure from the above link

In a close second is Nine inch nails

Uhmm... probably Linkin Park for me. I remember someone I liked was obsessed with it... so I thought I would check it out. Got hooked on the odd couple of songs... and ever since I've been collecting albums.
    Apart from that I don't think there is anything worth mentioning...
    Oh yes, Josh Groban and Il Divo too. I like my smaltzy music.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Obsessed with bands! Xanatos's Avatar
    The band with most CD in my collection is Evanescence. I bought every album they have released and one of their live CD-s because of two new songs on it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Well mine is definatly Linkin Park.Mainly because I have all the underground albums and some others besides the main studio release.The total no. is 19 albums.

Registered User Obsessed with bands!
    Haha, don't laugh (okay, you can I guess), but when I was in junior high, I loved the Backstreet Boys. I had posters, magazines, calenders, t-shirts, and any sort of other useless junk that had thier faces on it. Yes, I also had all the C.D.s that they ever released, and even a couple of cassette tapes.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Yay, me too! ^^
    I got quite a few of them, there are just 2-3 missing in my collection. And every time I hear that there's going to be a new album I HAVE TO have it. *_*
    Second... don't know which it would be, I haven't got many CDs, so I think I've got 2-3 CDs of a few bands. x3" (Mostly my brother buys the CDs and gives them to me to listen to, so he has the big collection XD)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Obsessed with bands! Yesha's Avatar
    My biggest coLLection of CDs and I'm very very obssessed on..

WestLife and their music.. woohoo! StiLL.. since they first came out when I was Like 7 or 8.. I reaLLy into them.. and I never get tired Listening to their songs over and over again.. I just wish I could come to IreLand and see them singing Live.. that wouLd be a dream come true! :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    My biggest coLLection of CDs and I'm very very obssessed on..

WestLife and their music.. woohoo! StiLL.. since they first came out when I was Like 7 or 8.. I reaLLy into them.. and I never get tired Listening to their songs over and over again.. I just wish I could come to IreLand and see them singing Live.. that wouLd be a dream come true! :-)
    Get the **** out, westlife are the biggest no talent piece of shit "band" in the world, oh and the songs they sing, majority are covers. I encourage you to do whats right and listen to the originals.

They dont write any of their own songs, they dont sing live, they dont play any instruments. They are not musicians, they are not a band. They are a commercial entity created for one purpose, to milk you of your money.

Take it from me, 100% Irish beef.

I have bought alot of CDs in my life time, mainly because I am obsessed with music in general. Now adays my collection is looking pretty slim from 2000 or so down to about 100; damn thiefs. Anyways I think my favorite of my old collection would have to be my Stabbing Westward collection. I had every one of their CDs at one point including some live albums (bootlegs) and even concert videos. When I was on my Beatles and The Doors kick I had quite a few of their stuff too, maybe more then Westward but I didn't listen to the Beatles nearly as much as the others.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Shake it like a polaroid picture Obsessed with bands! RagnaToad's Avatar
    I don't have a collection like Silver's. I like too many bands to spend my money on every different version of some great albums.

But I do seem to have all Queens of the Stone Age albums. The first one only on Vinyl, ironically, because it's impossible to find it on CD.

I also have all 5 albums of dEUS. This time, only the last one on Vinyl, cause I don't like the new sound as I like their older stuff, but I like to collect Vinyls from my favourite bands. Not that I don't put the record on. I'm just not in love with it.

I also have 4 White Stripes albums. With Icky Thump (the last one) on CD and Vinyl.

Same number of Sonic Youth albums, but Daydream Nation on CD and Vinyl.

I should definitely get more Bob Dylan albums. There's just so much out there... My Bloody Valentine and Dinosaur Jr. are on my list too.

I've got about 80 CDs and about 12 Vinyls, so I've got a long way to go. And then there's DVDs...
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden
    Well, (a)When I really like something, I tend to become obsessed with it and (b)I'm a completest, so there are a number bands for whom I own a majority of their CDs. The three bands taking the cake, though, would be Black Sabbath Iron Maiden, and Led Zeppelin. For Sabbath, I have 17 of their 18 studio albums (all except Seventh Star), plus two of their four live albums. Also, if we're counting them as Heaven and Hell, I have their two albums as well.

With Maiden, I have all of their 14 studio recordings, though only 8-14 on physical CDs (the first seven I have on my iPod). I also own a few of their live albums, but not too many.

Lastly, with Zeppelin, I own their complete discography (thanks to that handy boxed set they released) plus The Song Remains the Same (i.e., the only albums I'm missing are the two other live albums--How the West was Won and the BBC sessions).

Oh yeah, plus Ozzy Osbourne's solo stuff. I have all of his albums, both live and studio, except for Black Rain.

There are plenty of artists I have an abundance of only on my iPod (Metallica, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, etc.), but for now, I figured I'd only list ones I had on physical CD).

Yeah, like I said earlier, my obsessions and my completionest tendencies work well together to destroy my cash flow.

Blog Entries
    As far as music goes, I'm not really one to buy a CD just because of the genre of it or even because of the artist that released it, in order for me to really find the purchase worthwhile is if I find it pleasing on an individual-scale level, so I can be rather specific/picky when it comes to buying music. I rarely have more then one CD from any specific artist. With that being said, I do own the entire discographies for both DJ Tiesto and Daft Punk, because I really enjoyed listening to all of their stuff they have to play. Their music is something I can listen to in conjunction with virtually anything so it all works out for me to listen to it whenever.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I don't have a collection like Silver's. I like too many bands to spend my money on every different version of some great albums.
    I mainly do it as I have the money and tend to do if for every band I listen to a lot. Only reason Nirvana stands out is it's mainstream enough that most stores stock Nirvana CDs and the like. This area sucks balls for anything older than what most people are currently listening to in the present time.

I think 95% of special editions and the like I grab from JB HiFi. Before them my music collection was a good deal smaller...
    victoria aut mors

Sir Prize Obsessed with bands! Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not someone who likes any one band. I like a wide cross-section of music with different sounds and voices. But I have three Sisters of Mercy CDs. Three Diary of Dreams albums and three of ThouShaltNot.

So...
    Diary of Dreams
    ThouShaltNot
    Sisters of Mercy...

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Registered User Obsessed with bands! Yesha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Get the **** out, westlife are the biggest no talent piece of shit "band" in the world, oh and the songs they sing, majority are covers. I encourage you to do whats right and listen to the originals.

They dont write any of their own songs, they dont sing live, they dont play any instruments. They are not musicians, they are not a band. They are a commercial entity created for one purpose, to milk you of your money.

Take it from me, 100% Irish beef.
    You got it ALL wrong, Nix, try to research more.. Mark Feehily (member of WestLife) CAN pLay some instruments Like piano, when he was younger he start singing and joining theater plays, you know? ALso I do think aLL of them can pLay instruments, FYI, they try not to pLay instruments when singing Live nor in their concerts ‘coz I know they don’t need it.. for instance, when they're performing in a concert.. the people who came wasn’t there to see them pLay instruments but to see them singing and to Listen to their voices.. aLso they do sing LIVE, go to "youtube" and search for some "WestLife Live concerts", you'LL see one video there that WestLife is performing in some country (I forgot the pLace), and you'LL hear Shane (main vocaList of WestLife) sang the song wrong of "FooL Again" and you'LL know and reaLize that they're singing Live aLso, even if they're singing Live, the quaLity of their voice is Like the one in their CD.. No difference, stiLL great as ever! And of course.. You say they don't write their songs? LoL! Try to buy their "Greatest Hits" CD and you'LL see some songs that are co-written by them, try to Look at wikipedia, it said that some songs they reLease was co-written by them especiaLLy Mark FeehiLy aLso.. I have CDs I bought that can prove that! And LastLy.. You don’t really need to call them “biggest no talent piece of shit "band" in the world”.. ‘coz if they’re not talented why are many people still know them especially in parts of Europe and Asia, why are they stiLL guesting in some T.V shows? Why are they still making CDs and many people buying them? Why are their many people who still and Likes them? ALso, try not to judge peopLe that you reaLLy don't know.. it's just making you Look Like a moron.. trying to push down peopLe but you don't see yourseLf that you are the one being pushed down.. :-)

*sigh* Anyways.. can I ask you? What is it to you if I Like them? Is their any probLems? And.. did they do something bad to you?

I Love their musics and I do think they're great persons.. their musics heLp me to reLax and inspired me.. in my Life.. :-)

(Sorry for posting off-topic Like this, but I can't heLp but to answer the words of Nix) :-)
    Last edited by Yesha; 08-06-2009 at 03:45 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Oh man, I have an insane amount of albums, I have every Sonic Youth album to date (easily over 14...), every Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NOFX, and Alkaline Trio, and a whole lot more. I'm not a fan of downloading music, i'd rather have the actual albums in their physical form.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    You got it ALL wrong, Nix, try to research more.. Mark Feehily (member of WestLife) CAN pLay some instruments Like piano, when he was younger he start singing and joining theater plays, you know? ALso I do think aLL of them can pLay instruments, FYI, they try not to pLay instruments when singing Live nor in their concerts ‘coz I know they don’t need it.. for instance, when they're performing in a concert.. the people who came wasn’t there to see them pLay instruments but to see them singing and to Listen to their voices.. aLso they do sing LIVE, go to "youtube" and search for some "WestLife Live concerts", you'LL see one video there that WestLife is performing in some country (I forgot the pLace), and you'LL hear Shane (main vocaList of WestLife) sang the song wrong of "FooL Again" and you"LL and you'LL know and reaLize that they're singing Live aLso, even if they're singing Live, the quaLity of their voice is Like the one in their CD.. No difference, stiLL great as ever! And of course.. You say they don't write their songs? LoL! Try to buy their "Greatest Hits" CD and you'LL see some songs that are co-written by them, try to Look at wikipedia, it said that some songs they reLease was co-written by them especiaLLy Mark FeehiLy aLso.. I have CDs I bought that can prove that! And LastLy.. You don’t really need to call them “biggest no talent piece of shit "band" in the world”.. ‘coz if they’re not talented why are many people still know them especially in parts of Europe and Asia, why are they stiLL guesting in some T.V shows? Why are they still making CDs and many people buying them? Why are their many people who still and Likes them? ALso, try not to judge peopLe that you reaLLy don't know.. it's just making you Look Like a moron.. trying to push down peopLe but you don't see yourseLf that you are the one being pushed down.. :-)

*sigh* Anyways.. can I ask you? What is it to you if I Like them? Is their any probLems? And.. did they do something bad to you?

I Love their musics and I do think they're great persons.. their musics heLp me to reLax and inspired me.. in my Life.. :-)

(Sorry for posting off-topic Like this, but I can't heLp but to answer the words of Nix) :-)
    I will not purposely listen to Westlife, sorry. Ive seen them lipsinking enough to know they are a pack of no talent cowboys. They may not always do it, but ive seen them do it enough. They used covers to get them famous and when eyes were on them they just had to keep singing about Love for the mindless zombie women to go nuts.

Its the standard route for all irish boy bands, dont worry westlife will be soon dead and gone. And in 5 years you wont be listening to them, heck nobody will remember them

And you find mediocrity and banality an inspiration? Think you need to higher them standards of yours lil missy

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Obsessed with bands! ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I think the band I have the most albums of is Iron Maiden. Although I have their first two albums twice (vinyl and CDs). If you count the duplicates I have 13. Next is Metallica (which I have all of their albums, which is 11 in total) then The Misfits & HIM (I have 7 each of theirs).

Top 5:
    1. Iron Maiden (13)
    2. Metallica (11)
    3. The Misfits/HIM (7 each)
    4. Megadeth/Muse/Cradle of Filth (6 each)
    5. Dir En Grey/Tool/Red Hot Chili Peppers/Slayer/Marilyn Manson (5 each)

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Obsessed with bands! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I'm not as obssessed as you guys...So I would have to say...Nope...I ain't obssessed with Bands.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Obsessed with bands! Tallulah's Avatar
    I've kinda stopped buying CDs because of downloads, and I only do that occasionally now, but I have every album by Blur (up until The Great Escape) and Oasis, up until The Masterplan; I also bought Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, but I hated it! >_<

My mum has every album by Queen either on tape or CD.

Registered User Obsessed with bands! TobiasRainey's Avatar
    I'm kind of obsessed with Coheed and Cambria, great band but they're a love them or hate them deal. I encourage everyone to at least try to listen to A Favour House Atlantic, its their most popular song.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Death Before Dishonor Obsessed with bands! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    as of a few days ago I became obessed with Muse they are awesome...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

All evil will see the light Obsessed with bands! Assassin's Avatar

Re: Obsessed with bands!

I love Evanescence, it's my favorite band so I have almost every album of them.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Crash Boom Bang Obsessed with bands! Lily's Avatar

Re: Obsessed with bands!

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    I recently went through my collection of music and found that i have 7 Mettalica cds ( yes thats right kiddies i said CD we had those back in our days you know none of this fan-dangled mp3 and tr-ipods haha)
    Clearly your still a young 'un yourself then

The most albums I have physically are U2, digitally, I couldn't say, I tend to just down load entire discographies, so Ive got loads of shit on my itunes and I probably don't know half of it. Of the albums I do own, I probably know most of the U2 ones, and I know all the Muse ones, plus the majority of the Bsides the same can be said for James. Ive liked a lot of music, but over the years it's probably only these 3 ive obsessed over

I dont think Ive actually bought a CD for years, the last one I did would have probably been a Muse one, I was quite fond of the 2 for a tenner deal in HMV

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    as of a few days ago I became obessed with Muse they are awesome...
    I'M GOING SEEING THEM AGAIN IN NOVEMBER AHHHHH!!!