Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Longest Song

The Mad God Longest Song Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Longest Song

Though not an individual song, actually several instrumental tracks added together, this is totally badass.

YouTube - Dream Theater - Stream of Instrumentals
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

TFF's Resident Messenger Longest Song Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The longest song that I have heard is the Live Version of Freebird. My parents went to their concert back in the day, and then when they ordered the CD from BMG Music, they played that song every day. I would ask Dad, "Is the song almost over? I have homework." After months of listening to that song, they would play the song just to annoy me. Don't get me wrong, they were great parents, they just did things like that to bug us. I bugged them too. Like one time I bought a universal remote without telling them, and then I would turn the TV off. Dad was so peeved. Anyway, getting back to topic...

Freebird.

Registered User Longest Song HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't find the long version of it on youtube, (Which makes me question it's exsistance) but supposedly Rocky Mountain Jam was played for about 31 minutes. I think that would be the lonest that comes to my mind.

Still for me, Blinded By the Light is the longest feeling song...It just goes on and on and on.....

Mine is probably Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd at 23:42. One thing I've noticed about super long songs is that you can't really get tired of them easily if they're done right. I've listened to Yes' Close To The Edge many times, and it never gets old. For the record, it's 18:30.

Here to rock you like a hurricane Longest Song Warrior of the World's Avatar

Achilles Agony and Ecstasy in eight parts by Manowar. longest song I have and I listen to it every day. Best 28 minutes and 38 seconds of my day, usually. Hail and Kill.

Carpe Deim Longest Song stanman666's Avatar

Dopesmoker By Sleep Just a little over an hour 63:31

Mystyrion
    Not one song, a mix of several songs
    But armin van burren's mixes he puts out every year. I think the longest one I have is just a little under 2 hours. Great stuff to listen to on long drives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2