Thread: Last Album/Song you bought

Consistently Average Last Album/Song you bought Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last Album/Song you bought

The previous version of this thread is about 3 years old now (going off the last post) so I figured it might be time for a new take on the topic.

Basically, what was the last song or album that you bought online or in store or wherever, and what are your thoughts on it?

The last album I bought was Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Iron Maiden, which i'd been meaning to get for a long, long time. It's a really good one too, (got to #1 in the UK when it was released in '89), I found that the title song gets a bit too Prog Rock-y about halfway in but other than that it's a really solid album.

and are my two favourite tracks, but I liked them before I got it anyway, and Moonchild and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son have been stuck in my head since I got the darned thing.

I'm thinking of getting Piece of Mind next, because that's where a lot of their mythology and literary based songs come from. It was in JB Hi-Fi a while ago but things always tend to get sold when you want them most -.-

Don't feel you have to go into too much detail, just tells us about your latest purchase(s)!
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Queen Last Album/Song you bought Crescent's Avatar
    I honestly cannot recall the last time I bought an album. People always buy em for me n even then they'll just collect dust, I dont use/play em, not even in my car, my phone's hooked up to my speakers. If I do purchase an album in the near future, it'll be this, an official full 17-track soundtrack release ft numerous tracks from my beloved Hellsing ULTIMATE OVA Series

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Album/Song you bought Rowan's Avatar
    Final Symphony. Amazing.

Buckethead's Pike 65 dedicated to his late mother

White Sleeve, blank cd

Cover says N Y C 4 EV ER (N Y C his mom's initials)

It's a Masterpiece.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I want to play a game. Last Album/Song you bought Zargabaath's Avatar
    I purchased One Many Army by Ensiferum not too long ago. A much better effort than their previous release Unsung Heroes.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    Zargs purchased those items. He purchased items that emit musical numbers.

I bought Four Year Strong's Self-titled album today, and Rehasher's Clock Smash. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for pop punk. And Less Than Jake.

TFFF Ghost Last Album/Song you bought Howling Wind's Avatar
    I managed to find Voyageur by Enigma and I'm happy because I have all the Enigma albums but that one. Needless to say it was "Different" for an Enigma album but I rather like it in a strange way. It could be one of my favorites. I still think the best best one MIGHT be Enigma 2. Just sayin. Its still sampled to hell unlike Voyageur but eh, grumble grumble.

Here is the opening track to "Enigma 5" Voyageur. If anyone has heard an Enigma Album before (especially 1 through 4) you'll know what I mean by how different it sounds. I mean the latest one sounded like an older Enigma album BUT it doesn't have the foghorn or "Enigma horn" in the intro/outro which was... odd and this album which sounds SO DIFFERENT... does. Eh, whatever XD Enjoy my weird musical tastes.

Edit: My bad. Enigma 7 does have the Fog horn in the first track sort of in the middle of it. Crappy headphones I was wearing before made it hardly noticeable. XD

Last edited by Howling Wind; 06-30-2015 at 05:27 AM.
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

I invented Go-Gurt. Last Album/Song you bought Clint's Avatar
    I bought Concert For George today. It's a 2002 concert from Royal Albert Hall celebrating the life of George Harrison. I kept hearing a bunch of songs from it on the radio, and it was beautiful, so I figured I'd check it out. It has one of the best renditions of Something and While My Guitar Gently Weeps I've ever heard.

Here's Something from that show. It's fantastic.

Consistently Average Last Album/Song you bought Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Meant to post in the thread more often and now I've got a backlog.

Since... *blows raspberry* February I think it was I've gotten a few more albums. Picked up Nirvana's and Guns and Roses'ses(?) best of CDs for nostalgic reasons. My favourite songs from Nirvana's is The Man Who Sold the World (their best song imo), About a Girl and Lithium. GnR's would be Sweet Child of Mine, Patience and Don't Cry.

Ended up getting Piece of Mind from JB Hifi. It's an alright album, not one of their best but it's a good listen. The Trooper was already one of my favourite songs (love the galloping bass in the background) of theirs so naturally it's my favourite off the album. Flight of Icarus and Die With Your Boots on are at #2 and #3.

Last up is Powerslave, a close second to Seventh Son in terms of my favourite album (not just a Maiden one). I was a bit iffy about getting it because I already have (and love) Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Powerslave as songs but the other tracks are just as great. Not since Seventh Son have I genuinely liked every song on a CD. Flash of the Blade and Rime of the Ancient Mariner are two new favourites. It's also the last album before they changed their sound slightly in Somewhere in Time and added synth and slowed down the pace a bit. Highly recommended of you're wanting a kickass metal album.

Figured i'd leave videos of a couple and link the rest of you're interested.

If you listen to anything from this post make it this one ^

And of course this one ^ The opening reminds me a bit of the first level in Doom. I read it was covered by Avenged Sevenfold but I don't know who they are
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!