Thread: Bands you love that people hate

Boxer of the Galaxy Bands you love that people hate Rowan's Avatar

Bands you love that people hate

Winner of the thread goes towards anyone who admits they like nickelback.

anyway,

I dont care what anyone says, I think Creed are great. Im the kind of guy who appreciates music for music, not because "oh this band is such a rip off of blah blah and blah", that kind of attitude is pedantic and pretentious and you should be ashamed of yourself.

So yeah, I like creed. Sephiroth probably likes creed too. So if you bag me you're bagging sephiroth.

Mystyrion

Bands you love that people hate

Does rappers count? Because if so I could go on for days.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Bands you love that people hate Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Winner of the thread goes towards anyone who admits they like nickelback.
    And the winner is... drum roll... none other than myself.

I do in fact like Nickelback, they have some truly great songs. I find all this hate to be just another internet fad. I'm also fed up with people bashing "We Are The Fallen", "Evanescence" clone or so they say which I would be fine with if "We Are the Fallen" didn't have majority of former "Evanescence" members including Ben Moody, founder of both bands, they hardly can copy their own style.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Bands you love that people hate noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably Bjork.

Then again, not many people around me listen to her like.. at all, to know if they hate her or love her.

The Mad God Bands you love that people hate Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I don't mind Nickelback. Not a diehard fan or anything, but they have a few good songs. Not sure why they get so much flak, there are a lot worse musicians out there. I don't really listen to to anything that I know everybody else straight up hates, though a lot of my friends think my bagpipe metal is weird.

Moral of the story, long live the bagpipe metal!

For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Queen Bands you love that people hate Crescent's Avatar
    I like alot of songs from Linkin Park. It doesnt concern me whether and why other people like them or not or generally agree or disagree with my own personal tastes in music. Fkng pointless. I also loathe rap except for the old school ones like Gangsters Paradise n others I cant remember right now where the lyrics were deep and profound not about how 'eager' you are to manwhore,bang "bitches" left, right n center.

Hehe Not to be fooled by His appearance but based on my understanding of Sephiroth's personality and character, I cant see Him showing interest in anything other than orchaestral/instrumental/classical music(that and/or complete and utter ambient silence)n maybe preferred a bit more darker, heavier, ominous orchaestral pieces post-Nibelheim lmao much like his main theme song, One Winged Angel from AC...

See. >XD

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Bands you love that people hate noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BOO. Nickelback. lolz.. Dude sounds constipated when he sings.

Sorry.

Creed would be too goody goody for Sephy. Seriously. It's all about loving Jesus and stuff. Do you think Sephy lurves Jesus? Probably -not- considering he wants to take over the world and kill everyone and be violent. And stuff.

Sephy likes that one band. Slipknot. Yeah. I can see him liking Slipknot. And the heavy/dark/orchestral whatever stuff someone up tharr mentioned.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Bands you love that people hate Tallulah's Avatar
    I don't mind some of Justin Bieber's stuff... Please don't kill me... :/

I didn't mind 'Baby' as it was pretty catchy, or should that be catching, like measles. Or the Plague.

'As Long As You Love Me' was about as meaningful as he gets. I held off listening to it as I thought it was a cover version of the Backstreet Boys song, but it's actually pretty deep. Any other Justin Bieber song is pretty inane...
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Shake it like a polaroid picture Bands you love that people hate RagnaToad's Avatar
    I guess for every band I love there's someone out there who hates them, or at least doesn't like them.

I don't think there's a band or musician that I like that is being 'hated' right now.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Queen Bands you love that people hate Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't mind some of Justin Bieber's stuff... Please don't kill me... :/

I didn't mind 'Baby' as it was pretty catchy, or should that be catching, like measles. Or the Plague.

'As Long As You Love Me' was about as meaningful as he gets. I held off listening to it as I thought it was a cover version of the Backstreet Boys song, but it's actually pretty deep. Any other Justin Bieber song is pretty inane...
    Never grovel to anyone I still like "One Time" n "Somebody to love". I blast that shiz(sometimes just to piss off my neighbours) lol really is catchy tho. Dont know anything bout Creed or Nickelback.

Boxer of the Galaxy Bands you love that people hate Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Dont know anything bout Creed or Nickelback.
    here is a song by creed. This sentence meets 30 character limit now.

Some of Nickelback's songs are actually pretty good. There I said it.

Death Before Dishonor Bands you love that people hate Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People love to talk shit about Avenged Sevenfold, but I am quite a big fan of them. Same goes for Lil Wayne. Everyone talks shit about him including me, but secretly I listen to him all the time.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I invented Go-Gurt. Bands you love that people hate Clint's Avatar
    People like to talk shit about Dave Mustaine. He is one of the most hated people in the music industry, but Megadeth is the single best thrash metal band of all time. Dave Mustaine's reputation was the only thing I could think of.

Most of the music I listen to, nobody has heard of. Being a musician myself, I don't go by what's popular, I go by what's good. Most good bands, nobody has ever heard of, but since people are so into crappy music nowadays, I'm sure plenty of people hate the kind of bands that I like.

Bananarama Bands you love that people hate Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I get crap for listening to Clutch and Drive-by Truckers all the time. I love em both, but people cringe when they hear them come on in my truck. I'm ok with it, because when I ride in their cars I listen to their music, some of which I can stand, some of it I cannot. The rule is, your car, your music.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Bands you love that people hate ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Only one I can really think of is Skrillex. I don't love his music, but I always get crap for liking some of it.

I'm not sure of any others really. Although, do people still hate Limp Bizkit? If so then I count them as well.

Blog Entries
    Hanson.

Yes. I love them.

That "Penny & Me" song is just. omg.

There's another song that has my name in it - from their first album. I think it's called "Yearbook" but I can't be sure.

I saw them in concert one time. They rocked.

Ke$ha
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    OMG I LOVE KE$HA!!

She's from Nashville! ^_^ - more specifically, Brentwood. Which is literally right down the street from my neighborhood (Antioch).

She got annoying for me for a bit, but then "Die Young" came out and I fell in love all over again - and then her t.v. show on MTV. I have immense amount of respect for her now.

All evil will see the light Bands you love that people hate Assassin's Avatar
    Two bands that a lot of people I know don't like are Linkin Park and Paramore. I never really understood the reason I mean they're so awesome. Their lyrics are extraordinary and the music is out of this world. People also don't like Evanescence, which happens to be my favourite band, coz they find their songs too creepy or depressing. I mean there is so much life in their songs it's stupid not to like them. But I guess it's just because people don't know what's good music any more.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Registered User Bands you love that people hate
    I like Bruce Springsteen and U2, and I know a lot of people like to hate on them. Especially U2 with their iTunes global release "Songs of Innocence." But those two are also well loved, so I'm not sure if I should list them as candidates.

Blog Entries
    honestly I like a lot of the bands that are on the Fueled By Ramen record label, and a lot of them are ones that people would give me shit for, like Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, Jimmy Eat World, Gym Class Heroes, Panic at the Disco, Cobra Starship, and so on. They're a guilty pleasure of mine.

I also listen to a lot of random rap like Black Milk, but most people have never heard of the stuff so it's more unknown to them rather then them hating it.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

TFFF Ghost Bands you love that people hate Howling Wind's Avatar
    I actually like Nickelback >_> Maybe I didn't at one time and don't get me wrong, they aren't a GREAT band but I think they are better then people give them credit for. Sure, maybe their songs kinda sound the same but when you hear a nickelback song, you automatically know its Nickelback. I guess some of their songs can be annoying XD but a lot of the songs on the albums have somewhat meaningful lyrics. A perfect example is "Too bad" from silver side up or even 4 you from their first album.

What?! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU NEVER FOUND AT LEAST ONE OF THEIR SONGS CATCHY!
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Registered User Bands you love that people hate HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm feelin' Rocky on the "Not hated, but not really well known"

I listen to lots of older music or really off the wall stuff that no one's ever heard o , lots of the stuff I like that no one else likes is actually great music, just not popular anymore so very few people give a shiz. I love me some Jefferson Airplane, 1200 Micrograms, Justin Bieber (like one song anyway) and all kinds of music. People tend to hate more for not liking popular music than for liking other music.

Alot of the old music is better than the new one, but people always listen to what's popular and trendy. Never let the trendy people get to ya.

Blog Entries
    I unironically like Death Grips. Please do not think less of me, I know their fanbase is trash :[
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor Bands you love that people hate Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am a pretty huge fan of Volbeat an for some reason all my friends hate them and say their sound is generic and trash. I ****ing love it though man.

Also this thread needs some Lil Wayne in it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!