Thread: Halfway through 2012...

Blog Entries

Halfway through 2012...

...and I don't have enough music yet! Tell me tell me TELL ME. What is your favorite music that has come out thus far? Anything to suggest to me? If you know my tastes, you know what to suggest. I am looking. Even if you don't know my tastes but like the good music, tell me anyway. I wanna know. Gotsta make a playlist for 2012 that lasts at least 80 minutes. (But yeah, you can ignore all that and just give examples of great music so far in 2012.)

Personally... nothin's been outstanding so far this year. There is an album by an early 90's band "Stare" that was recorded in '92 and finally came out this year, "The Luxury of Anger." I dunno if that counts, except maybe the unreleased tracks, but it's probably my favorite so far this year. Favorite track thus far off that. Also discovered this band "Love and Zombies" that seem to put out a song every once in a while. Their track "No Way Out" is pretty cool, although they make use of auto-tune for some reason, which probably annoys some but not me. Also really like Burning Love's Hateful Comforts. I mean, I'm not the hugest fan of the vocalist, but there's so many changes in the song itself. It's pretty bad ass. Tonight Alive's "Sure As Hell" is a lot of fun too.

Bouncing Souls have a new album that I just got and haven't listened to a lot yet, and Reel Big Fish have an album coming out at the end of this month that I'm really looking forward to. Oh! And also the Avett Brothers! Mainly, my fear is that I will go into the Air Force in September and not have time to find new music, so... lookin' for it now, I guess. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Hewerya love...? Halfway through 2012... seanb's Avatar

Re: Halfway through 2012...

Best song of 2012, but you probably never heard of it before!

Memento Rhapso Halfway through 2012... Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Halfway through 2012...

Serj Tankian just released his new solo album Harakiri but I haven't given it a listen yet, so I can't tell you my opinion on it. However, I hear it's going to be more politically centered rather than musically centered, like the last two System albums. Either way, it's worth listening to.

That, or you can always get into Vocaloid. New stuff comes out almost everyday from those dudes and dudettes over at NicoNicoDouga, and it always leaks to youtube within hours. Not sure if you'd dig that style of music though.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.