Thread: Concerts you've been to in 2012

#LOCKE4GOD Concerts you've been to in 2012 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Concerts you've been to in 2012

Telegraph is annoying. Anyhoo,

What concerts have you been to in 2012? From memory, it's been Henry Rollins, Flight of the Conchords, Radiohead and Morrissey (just this Friday) for me. Although Rollins was a spoken word tour, but I'm still glad that I've seen him. I've been to a lot of smaller gigs and stuff too, of course, but I'd call those "gigs" and not "concerts".

FOtC was really cool. They played some new material, divided the audience and got us to sing, and had fantastic banter and costumes. It was a homecoming for them after essentially leaving Wellington as a very small duo, becoming famous and getting a TV show, and then returning to great acclaim.

Radiohead was everything I expected of my second-favourite band. I even enjoyed their King of Limbs stuff more than I expected, although I wished they played something from The Bends, anything. They haven't been here in nearly a decade and probably won't ever be back, a bit of fan service doesn't go amiss, as much as I'm sure they're sick of playing old material and don't want to be seen as a nostalgia act. One song won't damage that.

Morrissey was really cool. I wasn't looking forward to it, but came out ecstatic. He ripped his shirt and everything. He had a great stage presence and the intimacy of the venue allowed him to actually talk to individual people in the audience, handing the microphone back and forth. My favourite exchange was just after Meat is Murder, which included a proselytising video. The first person said "I'm vegetarian because of you." and he moved on to the next person, who said "We mourn for them, we remember them." (referring to animals), to which Morrissey responded with a disdainful "I get it." He was fishing for entertaining people, not serious vegetarians. Everyone else got hilarious off-the-cuff responses.

So, what concerts have you been to this year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Telegraph is annoying.
    You know you like it!

I don't remember going to any shows aside from a Styx concert right before I left for BMT. We didn't actually get in; we got to stand outside a fence and watch from like 100 yards away or something. It was pretty fun regardless. They're old, but they have some songs that I like. Come Sail Away and Mr Roboto (which they did not play ) and some other songs I didn't recognize. They looked so 80's, it was awesome. I don't know if they know that it is 2012.

Did I see anyone else this year? I don't remember. Maybe I'll come back later and edit this or something (haha.) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Concerts you've been to in 2012 Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grand total of one. A symphony doing Led Zeppelin tunes. Pretty neat.

I was very, very close to attending the Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy concert that was on tour, thus seeing Nobuo Uematsu live on keyboards, but I missed it by that much. Sadly, a bone-headed scheduling error prevented that from happening. My friend ended up not being able to go, either, so we were both equally disappointed.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Concerts you've been to in 2012 noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I could've gone to see Dir en Grey in Grand Prairie, TX 'czu my ex has family in Dallas. But the yr they went there, they ended up cancelling 'cuz Kyo got sick. I was very upset.

Haven't gone to anything this year.

The most recent concerts I did go to were um. El Chapo de Sinaloa and El Trono de Mexico lol They were pretty cool, just exhausting. The concerts were total 6 hours long. They start at like 7 and aren't over 'till 2 a.m. or so. They have several bands play before the main one and do like little games for the audience and kids and a mini rodeo and stuff. El Chapo de Sinaloa does his entire set on horses that "dances" with the music.

I've also seen the Spice Girls in concert ('96 i think. Right after Geri left), Hanson, 50 Cent/Busta Rhymes/Bonecrusher, No Doubt, Garbage, and Hoobastank. And Counting Crows. And Erykah Badu. haha.

Admittedly, I've only been to one concert in 2012. I saw Lady Gaga whilst I was in Sydney and despite being in the worst seats in the world, I love every minute. I came close to going to Distant Worlds when it came to the UK but I never went due to funds. I've also seen Glee Live in 2011 at the M.E.N

Bananarama Concerts you've been to in 2012 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't even remember. I saw Clutch with Corrosion of Conformity right around the end of 2011 or early 2012, the same goes with Monster Magnet. Can't remember if they were early January or late December. I also saw Iron Maiden, with Alice Cooper opening for him in June. Clutch was phenomenal, Monster Magnet was badass, and Cooper and Maiden did not disappoint.

I can't remember if I saw any other shows this past year, but there are a few I have my sights set on this year.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

G'day Concerts you've been to in 2012 NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saw Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger and Zebrahead. I may or may not have skanked a little. I really enjoyed it, so much fun! That was it, I don't usually go to concerts. But I WILL be attending the concert of my FAVOURITE band EVER in April. Coheed and Cambria <3