Thread: Favorite Duets?

Blog Entries

Favorite Duets?

I was just watching this video:

...which in turn, reminded me of these two songs:

and

(And lol @ the RBF video. That is one of the many reasons why they are awesome. I'd find a version that has the actual girl singing, but... why?) All three feature a dysfunctional relationship, I just realized. That's not necessarily why I like them, though; I like them because they're funny and awesome (although the humor comes through more on the album versions of the Dropkick Murphys and Bouncing Souls ones.) Also, RBF released an EP collaboration with Zoloft The Rock And Roll Destroyer called "Duet All Night Long," and I love it, the Zoloft songs in particular. Though they're all covers, I think.

What're some of your favorite duets? Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User Favorite Duets?

Re: Favorite Duets?

PRESSURE
    PUSHING DOWN ON ME
    PRESSING DOWN ON YOU
    NO MAN ASK FOR

Two fantastic, entertaining, and glamorous musicians together in ONE song? Yes please! Though it's kind of sad that when some people hear the bass line to this song, they think of Vanilla Ice.

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

Sad love ballad between Don Henley and Patty Smyth. I remember hearing it a lot when I was younger, and it's just stuck with me through the years.

The Boy is Mine - Brandi and Monica

Hooooly cow, was this song popular when it came out! It's catchy too, and the lyrics deal with a premise that I don't think really gets touched on in many songs, especially not in duets with two female singers. It's worth a listen if you're into R & B music.

Stan - Eminem and Dido

I used to associate a lot of Eminem's songs with being goofy ("My name is" was his breakout hit after all, and that song was goofy as hell), but this totally changed my opinion about the songs he can come up with. Pretty dark stuff happens in the song, and it introduced me to Dido, who I really think has a nice voice. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite Duets? Clint's Avatar

Johnny Cash and June Carter have always been a favorite duet of mine.

Johnny Cash & June Carter - Jackson

Johnny Cash & June Carter - Help Me Make It Through The Night

Johnny Cash & June Carter - It Ain't Me Babe

Everything they sing together is beautiful. I don't know why. It can't be because of sexual tension. They were married. Anyway, I love these two.
    Last edited by Clint; 03-24-2011 at 07:08 PM.

___________ Favorite Duets? Kyreaan's Avatar

This is one of duets that came to mind. I once asked someone about their opinion on Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion. I was making a comparision to their line up when on stage. I don't know about the difference in sound; the comparision was based off of a picture of that person performing.

Either way, these guys are original. I don't know about favorite, but when an answer pops in your head, it says something.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Favorite Duets? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I will second The Clint Eastwood and say Johnny Cash and June Carter. Although my favourite is this one: