Thread: Down and Dirty Hardcore

Warlord of Your Mom Down and Dirty Hardcore ultima_trev's Avatar

Down and Dirty Hardcore

No, not a pr0n thread. A discussion thread for the musical genre known as Hardcore, from the old school like Agnostic Front, Cro-mags and Madball, to the new stuff like Hatebreed, Hoods and Sworn Enemy.

Being a metalhead, I was usually surrounded by people at metal shows who hated the stuff. As such, I didn't like it at first, but now I can't get enough. I've also been to some hardcore shows where the hardcore crews didn't like the metalheads any. I haven't been to any live shows in a couple of years, but I honestly don't see why such hostility existed between the two communities. The music of both genres is fvckin' brutal, they're both underground, not giving two shits about trends, and in more recent years, face a common threat, that is both scenes being flooded by preppy ass, Twilight c0ckworshipping scenekids and Christians who wanna look "tough."

Perhaps it's the peril of gaining (semi) mainstream popularity.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Down and Dirty Hardcore ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: Down and Dirty Hardcore

I like some of the older Hardcore. Stuff like Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Botch etc. I haven't listened to much of the newer stuff, but I do like Hatebreed and, my personal favourite, SSS (although they could probably fit under the thrash umbrella, but I consider them a hardcore band. Awesome live too).

Also, I must admit, I am a fan of the new 'Hardcore'/scene bands, such as Bring Me The Horizon.