Thread: Death Grips is RIP

Blog Entries

Death Grips is RIP

Read more here.

Quote Originally Posted by excerpt from Rolling Stone
    Less than one month after releasing their surprise LP Niggas on the Moon, experimental hip-hop crew Death Grips have broken up. The group posted a picture of their farewell message — written on a napkin — to their Facebook page. A representative for the group confirmed the band's breakup to Rolling Stone.

"We are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. We have officially stopped. All currently scheduled live dates are canceled. Our upcoming double album The Powers That B will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. Above and beyond a 'band.' To our truest fans, please stay legend."
    Frankly, I was quite sad to hear it, especially due to me never being able to see them live; their shows are just outrageous to say the least. Last year I got into their music from their albums The Money Store and No Love Deep Web, and although they like to do their own thing and truly act without caring about any repercussions (constant cancelling of shows, getting dropped from their record label for releasing their album online for free and not telling them beforehand, etc), their music (among other things) kind of helped me reignite my artistic side that has been dormant in me for years.

I was just posting the news here to see if anyone else is a DG fan and what others who have heard of their situation thinks of it all. If you haven't heard of Death Grips, theyre an experimental hip hop group that has very industrial sounds and dark themes (MC Ride screams in the great majority of songs, has a lot of different topics of wanton violence, drugs, sex, occultism), and are generally hard to listen to, but if you're looking for something different then check em out.
    Last edited by Rocky; 07-03-2014 at 03:45 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Death Grips is RIP Polk's Avatar
    Well, I'll be honest and say I didn't expect to log in to TFF tonight and see a thread about Death Grips.

Anyway, that really sucks. I first heard about them last year, somebody made a Ryan Davis tribute video with Takyon as the soundtrack, and I loved them ever since. They were supposed to play in Chicago later this month, and I was thinking about going.

If anybody's interested in them, I think they still have a couple of albums for free download on their website. I won't post the link, because it's NSFW, but go download Exmilitary. Really good album.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.