Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Yu-Gi-Oh! Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Anyone ever watched this? I grew up watching it until the Virtual World arc. Then I just watched it on and off.

Of course, we can also talk about the manga. We can even talk about the card game. Since I was a big fan of the show (heck, I still am), I used to have a powerful deck that was enhanced by booster packs. I wonder why I gave it away...
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Death Before Dishonor Yu-Gi-Oh! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!

I used to watch the original all the time. Then it got into DX which was still kinda cool, now it is 5 D's which I greatly dislike.

I still have my old deck. It was a powerhouse deck. Never been beaten, now though I believe most of my cards have been banned. Which is f*cking gay, but oh well.

I have a bunch of the games, but my favorites where always the ones for the gameboy platforms.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I used to watch the original all the time. Then it got into DX which was still kinda cool, now it is 5 D's which I greatly dislike.

I still have my old deck. It was a powerhouse deck. Never been beaten, now though I believe most of my cards have been banned. Which is f*cking gay, but oh well.

I have a bunch of the games, but my favorites where always the ones for the gameboy platforms.
    I don't have my deck anymore, which is disappointing. I had four powerful cards, which were Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, Maha Vailo (had some powerful Equip Cards with me), and Crab Turtle (ritual monster).

I never even bother watching 5Ds. I still watch the original whenever it's on.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Death Before Dishonor Yu-Gi-Oh! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I don't have my deck anymore, which is disappointing. I had four powerful cards, which were Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, Maha Vailo (had some powerful Equip Cards with me), and Crab Turtle (ritual monster).

I never even bother watching 5Ds. I still watch the original whenever it's on.
    My best card is Gemini Elf. 1900 attack, and it is a 4 star so instant summon. I had many powerhouse monster cards like these. I get 5 on the field then start sacrificing for better monsters.

From what I have heard from some of my friends 5 D's is shit, and doesn't qualify as Yu-Gi-Oh. I have watched I think 2 episodes, and they were just not my thing.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    My best card is Gemini Elf. 1900 attack, and it is a 4 star so instant summon. I had many powerhouse monster cards like these. I get 5 on the field then start sacrificing for better monsters.

From what I have heard from some of my friends 5 D's is shit, and doesn't qualify as Yu-Gi-Oh. I have watched I think 2 episodes, and they were just not my thing.
    Sounds cool. The only monster I had with that kind of power was Steel Ogre Grotto #2, which had an ATK of 1900 and was a six star monster. This was, however, mainly because of its DEF (2200)

Other cards that came close (with 4 stars) where Battle Ox, Rogue Doll, Dancing Fairy, and the Rock Spirit. Another thing I loved about my deck was that I had four spirits of four attributes (Aqua Spirit, Rock Spirit, Spirit of Flames, and Garuda, the Wind Spirit). Also had Soul of Purity and Light, which was useful.

Hehe. My deck wasn't impressive, since my strongest card was Crab Turtle (2550 ATK, 2500 DEF. Or I think it was vice versa). I had a Blue Eyes at one point, but I traded it for a Dark Magician and a Summoned Skull. Even today I wonder if that was a good trade.
    Last edited by Leon; 12-15-2010 at 12:18 AM.

~St. Augustine

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Yu-Gi-Oh! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Ah, Yu-Gi-Oh. Memories of my youth

Anyway, yeah. I loved the original series. It was awesome. My favourite character was always Pegasus. He had such a cool deck, not to mention a huge mainstay in my own deck for many, many duels, Relinquished.

From then on, it went downhill. It all started when they had the board game.

Since you guys are talking about decks, I thought I would do the same. My most recent reincarnation (which hasn't seen a duel for years) has never, ever been beaten. I had a streak amongst my friends of about 50 duels, and we all stopped playing before it ended. So in essence, my deck is still undefeated. Also, I never use banned cards.
    My best card is Kaiser Glider. 6 stars, so a single tribute will summon, 2400 attack, 2000 defence. Also if a monster attacks it while KG is in attack mode, and both have the same attack points, KG will not be destroyed, while the other does. Also the monster that destroys KG goes back to your hand. Genious!

Blog Entries

Well, I for one liked the series until GX. Then I stopped watching.

That does sound like a good card. I don't think I've seen cards with that effect. I guess its only weaknesses are Spell and Trap Cards (like Trap Hole).

~St. Augustine

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Yu-Gi-Oh! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Well, I for one liked the series until GX. Then I stopped watching.

That does sound like a good card. I don't think I've seen cards with that effect. I guess its only weaknesses are Spell and Trap Cards (like Trap Hole).
    I didn't like GX. It's better than a large portion of the series, but nowhere near as good as the original series.

Also, yeah it was my best card. Summoning that card, with a bit of luck that your opponent doesn't trap it, made you almost unstoppable, because there's no way your opponent should be stupid enough to attack it with a monster they tributed for or fused together etc

One thing I didn't get is how Yugi was the best in the world when his deck is so crap! The only good cards he had were Mystical Elf and Summoned Skull. I always felt Dark Magician and Gaia The Fierce Knight were two wasted summons.

Melodious Schemer Yu-Gi-Oh! Final Hearts 69's Avatar

Man, I loved watching this show....I had trading cards and dueled and everything...but then the original series ended and I grew out of it. I only watch a little bit of the show nowadays with 5d's, GX...and all that jazz. If I were to ever get back into this I'll have to go with watching 5d's...that is a great series aside from the original series.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Consistently Average Yu-Gi-Oh! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah i watched the show when i was little. I liked the original series the best then it just went down hill. I had the cards too but they got lost in transition somewhere along the line and now i dont have them. from memory my best one Red Eyes Metal Dragon and Blues Eyes White Dragon. Dark Magition was a personal fave and i had the two versions of it.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries

Oooh hey, are we talking about Yu-Gi-Oh before it sucked? Sweet!

The original series for Yu-Gi-Oh was awesomesauce! I dueled and collected the games and all sorts of stuff. (I was torn with jealously when one of my neighbors got one of the dulest arm things from battle city arc.) I stoped watching shortly after battle city. In fact the last episode I saw was where yugi and kiba were using the egyptian God cards against each other. It was great!

However with the dramatic character changes in the later series', I just couldn't take it. Then there was this bike crud from 5-D and it all just fell further downhill for me...

Dalmascan princess Yu-Gi-Oh! lady ashe's Avatar

i love yugioh, its pretty cool. i love Luna and Yusei of 5Ds

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

dracolmalfoy

Love the orginal series and I'm about 20 episodes away from getting to the end of it finally. Haven't seen anything of GX or 5Ds yet but the new show is quite fun even if the character designs take a little getting use to.

I'll find you, no matter what. Yu-Gi-Oh! FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved YuGiOh. I watched it for a long time until I lost the channel it was on. I still duel occasionally when the only other duelest in my family (my brother) is in town. I have a kick ass magician deck along with a really good fire deck and warrior deck. I can't duel tournaments (if there still are any) because I don't know the new rules. Wish there was someone in my area that still dueled lol.

Trust Me.

Hewerya love...? Yu-Gi-Oh! seanb's Avatar

When I was young, if you didn't have yugioh card you werent cool! I led it. I collected the cards more than watch the show,.. still have my deck! well its a box of about 2000 cards.. they dont have cards like that any more.... when I was even younger the big rage was pokemon cards... they were like heroin to us when we were kids... that was the number 1 agenda, to collect the cards... waow melancholy eh,.. ya know I can even smell the cards still lol is that weird...yes, yes it is

Passing fair judgement Yu-Gi-Oh! Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    When I was young, if you didn't have yugioh card you werent cool! I led it. I collected the cards more than watch the show,.. still have my deck! well its a box of about 2000 cards.. they dont have cards like that any more.... when I was even younger the big rage was pokemon cards... they were like heroin to us when we were kids... that was the number 1 agenda, to collect the cards... waow melancholy eh,.. ya know I can even smell the cards still lol is that weird...yes, yes it is
    I still collect the Pokemon cards, it's a fun pastime. But yes, I did watch Yu-Gi-Oh, it wasn't a bad show, but I just couldn't get hooked on it.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

Hahaha. I remember learning how to play the card game a couple of years back, when I was about 18, because my boyfriend at the time was a mean player. I thought it was weird at the time, but I actually liked it and I whooped his a** several times lol. But I have no idea how to play now. I also played it on the original xbox lol.

I'm not too fond of the show. Isn't this show really perverted in someways? In Japan anyways I've heard it is. The western version was made nice for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    Isn't this show really perverted in someways? In Japan anyways I've heard it is. The western version was made nice for the kids.
    I wasn't aware of this, but it's not surprising. Some japanese animes are pretty twisted.

Innovation96

aw man, i loved that show. i'm rewatchin it now to relive my childhood. the abrided series makees fun of the show, but its funny at the same time. still have all my cards

Innovation96

pokemon and yu-gi-oh, the only 2 shows to crash after the first 2 seasons

OMG. I love Yugioh! I watched the Original and GX Start to finish. The Dub of GX sucked. But the sub was f+cking epic definitely GX is my favorite, alot of story, awesome cards, great character development especially for the main hero (Judai, he's the guy in my sig).

The Original was epic two, especially the Battle City Arc. Good villians, good heroes and cards. The dub and sub were awesome. Dan Green, the guy who voiced Yami Yugi is awesome.

I haven't watched 5D's yet, but I've heard about it and I don't think I'd like it to much since the Original and GX were better in comparison.

The new Zexal series is okay, I tried to get into it, but I just can't. The opening and ending themes are epic though.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Passing fair judgement Yu-Gi-Oh! Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    OMG. I love Yugioh! I watched the Original and GX Start to finish. The Dub of GX sucked. But the sub was f+cking epic definitely GX is my favorite, alot of story, awesome cards, great character development especially for the main hero (Judai, he's the guy in my sig).

The Original was epic two, especially the Battle City Arc. Good villians, good heroes and cards. The dub and sub were awesome. Dan Green, the guy who voiced Yami Yugi is awesome.

I haven't watched 5D's yet, but I've heard about it and I don't think I'd like it to much since the Original and GX were better in comparison.

The new Zexal series is okay, I tried to get into it, but I just can't. The opening and ending themes are epic though.
    To me they ruined the Yu gi oh series with the latest season. It just seems really stupid now, it's not the same anymore.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

Now I feel like collecting the cards! They're cool looking. But I have noone to duel with lol.

I'll find you, no matter what. Yu-Gi-Oh! FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish there was an online site that you could type in the codes on your cards and upload your decks so us duelist could connect without having the trouble of traveling or anything like that.

Trust Me.

Quote Originally Posted by FeyLenne13 View Post
    I wish there was an online site that you could type in the codes on your cards and upload your decks so us duelist could connect without having the trouble of traveling or anything like that.
    That would be awesome. I live in a really small city, where everyone is ''cool''. Actually, i am the only one of my age, who still has Yugioh cards, but i still am thinking new strategies and i really want to play them

Original and GX was cool, i haven`t seen the newest one yet, but 5D isn`t the Yugioh i remember...

Yu-Gi-Oh! ONLINE

I dont know if that works, or is any good.....

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh! ONLINE

I dont know if that works, or is any good.....
    Just downloaded this game... and i am not surprised. Not many players :/ Loooooong animations. And you have to pay alot if you want to play this game like the best (or participate in tournaments at all :/) Well, i gonna play this for a while anyway

Innovation96

@fey that would be epic
    and i have seen yu-gi-oh 5D's and it is terrible