Thread: Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style

Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style

If you're Japanese that is.

Well I just stumbled upon the most AMAZING and FAR OUT website where Amano (or maybe it's just an impersonator? I don't know. But even then, it's pretty damn amazing) takes requests to draw various video game and Anime characters. False alarm, folks, they're just pieces of fanart emulating Amano's style. Don't let that stop you from checking it out though! Yeah even characters you could NEVER imagine done in his style. Here's some I've come across.

NOTE: It looks like you'll have to Copy and Paste the link in your browser or else you'll get a 403.

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
    Franziska and Manfred von Karma (Phoenix Wright)
    Edward Elric from FMA
    Bobobo
    Reisz from Seiken Densetsu 3
    Mario and Peach
    Lynx from CC (I think)
    Xenogears
    Kibito and Supreme Kai from DBZ
    Final Fantasy Ero (don't worry it's SFW)
    Console Wars (*that* console is supposed to be a Famicom/NES)
    Mokoto and Batou from GitS
    Light from Death Note
    Detective Conan
    Jackie Chan
    Solid Snake
    Mario (using the same base as Snake)
    Nia from Gurren Lagann
    Eva 01
    Faye Valentine from Coyboy Bebop
    Eureka, Renton, aaaaand I forgot the other guy's name at the moment from Eureka 7
    Haruhi
    DIO
    Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
    FFIV Cast
    Golbez and Fusoya casting Meteor (FFIV)

And there's a WHOLE lot more where that came from. It seems it's an ongoing series. If you want to check it out yourself, here's the latest page. The numbers at the top are all past pages

http://ksklog.blog108.fc2.com/blog-entry-901.html

What would you have him draw if you could ask him? I'm surprised no one's asked him to do Naruto or One Piece characters yet.

I have a really hard time believing Amano would do this...but his art style is very unique and hard to duplicate, and those pictures are him to a T, so I don't know what to think. They're good enough that you have to ask if it really matters anyways. I'd definitely ask him to do FF characters from later in the series, after Nomura took over for character designs. Characters like Ultimecia or Edea, or the Turks, or the Cid's from FFVII, VIII, IX, X, or XII. Heck, anything from XII for that matter. And Chrono Trigger. Man, the possibilities are endless.

EDIT: WOW, I'm skimming through these, and I found one that is just...too much for words. Kefka making his deal with the Statues while Gestahl watches.

http://blog-imgs-21.fc2.com/k/s/k/ks...ader647609.jpg
    Last edited by espritduo; 01-25-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Like the history of FFVI? Check out my prequel! FFVI: The Sands of Time

Quote Originally Posted by espritduo View Post
    I have a really hard time believing Amano would do this...but his art style is very unique and hard to duplicate, and those pictures are him to a T, so I don't know what to think. They're good enough that you have to ask if it really matters anyways.

EDIT: WOW, I'm skimming through these, and I found one that is just...too much for words. Kefka making his deal with the Statues while Gestahl watches.

http://blog-imgs-21.fc2.com/k/s/k/ks...ader647609.jpg
    Can't believe I missed that Kefka one. But anyway, I was able to verify that these are in fact NOT Amano drawings, but fan-made. I'm shocked, because like you said it's so damn close to his artstyle, which isn't the easiest to mimic in the first place, that it HAD to be him.

I'm still going to keep tabs on this page to see if they do any more. It's just too cool for words. Might want to change the thread title though ^^

I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style Myst's Avatar
    i love this guys art style, although i dont think its that hard to mimic his drawing style. I mean i could draw his characters if i had his art work in front of me pretty well but i think it would be hard to be able to draw original characters in his style as well as his painting style which is what i admire about it. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to draw a mario/peach thing out of his style xD

Registered User Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style Tidus235's Avatar
    my favorite games are the Legend of zelda and final fantasy 10,10#2 , 7 ,8 , 13. my favorite anime is Buso Renkin

MERGED POSTS

i like

Kid goku

ash catchem

neji from naruto
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 01-05-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Re: Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style

I would be really interested in seeing how Amano would draw pokemon characters (monsters). Specificaly Bulbasaur, squirtle charmander (and evos), Steelix, Pikachu and other popular characters.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Not Bad Cain, Not Bad At All Draw Some More For Us Man. Can You Try Drawing Cloud Or Vincent Valentine? That Would Be Pretty Cool To See.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Dalmascan princess Your favorite Anime and Game characters drawn Amano style lady ashe's Avatar

urm...
    Sasuke from Naruto
    honey-senpai and Tama-chan from OHSHC
    Takuma and Aido from vampire knight

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi