Thread: Movies that made you cry.

All evil will see the light Movies that made you cry. Assassin's Avatar

Movies that made you cry.

Tell me the names of movies that made you cry. I think that there are alot of movies with sad or tragic stories that make a person cry. I cried when i saw Titanic, My sisters Keepers, Lovely Bones etc.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Re: Movies that made you cry.

I'd say probably The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Caos calmo were the only two major movies that i shed tears in. Both were excellent drama films involving love, life and loss and struck home with me.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Movies that made you cry. Xanatos's Avatar

I try hard not to cry, and for the most part I succeed at doing so, sometimes though my eyes end up being teary anyways. "Million Dollar Baby", "Bucket List", "The Green Mile"... just some of the movies that made me shed a tear or two.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Oh, there are sooo many sad movies out there.. I could even cry when people die in splatter movies. T_T" When I try to feel what the situation is like, I often cry. *sighs*

But the two movies I watched a couple of times and STILL cry are:
    - Armageddon (never sure how it is spelled)
    I HATE the scene when the father talks to his daughter (and yes, I don't really remember any names at all ^^") for the last time. And that song by Aerosmith... argh... makes me cry even when I think about it. T_T"
    - The Last Unicorn
    Probably mostly due to the fact that I watched this movie with my siblings every year on christmas - and now I have to watch it alone because they are all gone. But nevertheless, the whole movie touched me. I think I started to understand what this movie is about six or seven years ago. Since then, even the songs make me cry. I pity the unicorn, and I'm always sad to see Molly standing beside the unicorn, shouting at her for not being there when she needed her. Gosh, I just understand what those characters are feeling like....

I think I only nearly cried when I watched Titanic for the first time. I watched it again a few days ago (okay, only a part of it) and the only scene which really made me feel sad was the one in which you see all those people who've given up on life already... :/

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Asking all the personal questions. Movies that made you cry. RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

The Notebook, if a man doesn't cry during this than he isn't a man and I don't mean sobbing your heart sniffles crying but it brought a tear to my eye.
    The ending was so sad. But I wont ruin it for those that haven't viewed it.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Fueled by Coffee Movies that made you cry. Elise's Avatar

Gladiator and Braveheart break my heart!!!
    I find it difficult to cry in public, but when those two movies are on, no matter for what number of time I am watching them, I enter a bubble of sadness.

The Green Mile
    Forrest Gump
    Amazing Grace
    A Beautiful Mind
    Saving Private Ryan
    My Life (the one with Michael Keaton)

These are names from the top of my head for movies that put me in a funeral atmosphere.

What made me cry about Titanic was the musical band in the end, the Captain and the officer who shot himself. Seeing the people dying, the mother and her two children, the two old couple... these were all while the band was playing. Yea, Titanic made me cry too.

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    The Notebook, if a man doesn't cry during this than he isn't a man and I don't mean sobbing your heart sniffles crying but it brought a tear to my eye.
    The ending was so sad. But I wont ruin it for those that haven't viewed it.
    The first male acknowledgment I personally come across!
    I actually have a feeling that most men feel the same way, but in denial

I first watched it with my grandma years ago, I felt it added something to the experience, I cried at the end, but not as much as for the movies mentioned above.
    Last edited by Elise; 09-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Whistling Songbird Movies that made you cry. Asectic's Avatar

People won't probably know this one, since it's Asian but the one that absoultely made me cry was a Korean movie called "Mama". Released this summer.

The story was that is showed the lives of three different familes.
    One: A mother looking after a crippled kid, where later the mom had a disease herself.
    Two: A deliquent son who lives with a very childish mother
    Three: A daughter who works as a slave for her famous celebrity mother.

It ended with the diseased mother having a surgery, and the other characters telling the son (via text) that they're with him all the way. It was so touching, in my opinion.

Onwards!
    Athna

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

I invented Go-Gurt. Movies that made you cry. Clint's Avatar

I don't cry, so the equivalent would be things that nearly make me cry.

The saddest movie I've ever seen was Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I nearly cried when Spock told Kirk "I have been and always shall be your friend." It was so sweet, and I felt so bad for Kirk. He couldn't do anything to help. Very sad.

G'day Movies that made you cry. NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Lion King! When Mufasa died, that was so sad. The Lion King is being re released at the cinema in 3D. I used to have a Simba stuffed toy and I loved him to bits!

There is so many movies that make me cry, I just can't think of them. Lol.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Movies that made you cry. Tallulah's Avatar

I cried at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Yeah, I'm lame, but I was going through an emotional time then.

I have also cried at: Beaches (although I petended not to be bothered), Ghost (same!) The Green Mile (that was just too painful) and Love Actually, when it first came out.

I also cried at The Matrix Revolutions, because it was so bad and ruined the franchise!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Consistently Average Movies that made you cry. Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    The Lion King! When Mufasa died, that was so sad. The Lion King is being re released at the cinema in 3D. I used to have a Simba stuffed toy and I loved him to bits!

There is so many movies that make me cry, I just can't think of them. Lol.
    I saw this at the weekend with my girlfriend and I swear if that scene went on for any longer it would have been the first time that I ever cried during a movie. The moment Simba starting calling for help I was forcing myself not to do it. There were a few sniffs throughout the cinema so we can't have been the only ones. The only other time that I came close crying was during the first Pokemon Movie (yeah i'm kinda lame ) when Ash gets turned into stone and Pikachu tries to revive him. I haven't seen that particular film in a while so I'd like to know if I could hold out.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

I don't know about making me cry (it takes alot to do that), but I remember always being a little sad during that Disney classic The Fox and the Hound, when the fox and hound are split up as young pups and when re-united as adults, the fox is really excited to see the hound again, only to see the hound could care less.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

HRH Albha Movies that made you cry. Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't normally get very emotionally invested in films and even when I do it's not usually to the degree of actually displaying these emotions when watching a film, sometimes I get a little misty-eyed but I don't remember ever shedding a tear at a film.

One film that nearly had me in tears towards its end was 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' (Pajamas in countries that spell words wrong). I saw that film with my sister and father on Halloween afternoon, and as a result the cinema was almost empty, there were probably about 10 people in there (and every cinema in Scotland normally has capacity for at least 200), and after the ending everyone waited for the end of the credits before leaving the cinema. Maybe I just saw it in the ideal setting but it really struck me emotionally.

Incidentally although not a film, the recent series of Torchwood had me really quite upset at the end of the final episode.

I just felt upset in general to be watching the end of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2, just becasue it was the end of the series, and unless JK starts writing, probably the last film to take place in her universe (at least until some sort of badly cast American remake).

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

All evil will see the light Movies that made you cry. Assassin's Avatar

I also cried when i saw The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, A walk to remember & P.S i love you. There just so many but I can't remember at the moment.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.