Thread: Wreck-it Ralph

Consistently Average Wreck-it Ralph Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wreck-it Ralph

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this movie yet. I saw it over the weekend and thought it was fantastic, especially as I didn't know too much about it going in. If you know your arcade games or just games in general there are so many easter eggs or just jokes that will make you laugh while all the kids don't get it. The one that I remember the most was when Ralph was searching through a lost property box and pulls out the exclamation mark that the bad guys in Metal Gear Solid make when they find you. It even had the sound effect too. Characters like Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Ken and Ryu from Street Fighter all make small cameos which I thought was really clever.

All in all it was a bit like Toy Story but with videogames but I really can't recommend it enough.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

I watched the trailer last week n saw lil cameos of Zangief and Bowser too. I love Disney/Pixar & Dreamworks 3D animation films and this one is centered around games giggity im so there. Might go with the boys, gfs wouldnt have a fkng clue bout any videogame references ..*shakes head*...

Blog Entries
    I saw this the day I graduated from BMT. I thought it was a lot of fun, although I didn't really laugh at anything. There was some good character development, or at least good character establishment. The plot twist wasn't really all that surprising, but at the same time, good job. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Brave Wreck-it Ralph
    I haven't seen it yet but I will soon. Hopefully. Even if it's a dubbed version.

I saw this movie the other day it was ok. I mean I only intended to watch it for the VG cameos. I LOVED this particular one! That alone was worth the admission fee. I knew thered be a VII reference in there somewhere#FFVIIftw the humour was pretty hit n miss but it was a 3D animation movie with Videogame references with good character development and a neat lil plot twist. Overall a good movie, above average but nothing too groundbreaking.

Crash Boom Bang Wreck-it Ralph Lily's Avatar
    i never noticed that hahaha

i really enjoyed it, i think i liked it more than the kids! it gets a bit disneyesque, but well, ive always been a sucker for disney. I enjoyed it