Thread: The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy

All evil will see the light The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Assassin's Avatar

The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy

I think that both of them are really really really reall really really really funny. So which show would you choose or which one do you think is more funnier.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Re: The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy

Both different types of comedy.

I like them both but I don't watch Family guy that often.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Resident Messenger The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I was a kid, The Simpsons was someone we always watched as a family. I can proudly say that I watched every single episode of the first fifteen years. Then, one day, we didn't watch it. And I haven't watched it since. Nothing happened, we just didn't watch it anymore.

Family Guy is funny. I never watched when it is on FOX. I usually waited for when the episode aired on Adult Swim. I like to watch the reruns on TBS. But it isn't something I would stay up to watch.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Fueled by Coffee The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Elise's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of TV, but I love The Simpsons. I think it's safe to say that I've watched every single episode more than once. I can always count on it to make me laugh, it's probably the only TV show I watched continuously in the past two years. I don't like the sense of humor in Family Guy as much, but I still watch it sometimes... I remember last May me and my classmates were slaving ourselves on our projects the night before the final submission and we suddenly discovered that there was a Family Guy marathon on TV, we all left work and went to watch it together until 4:30am or so... good times.

.............. The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy smurphy's Avatar

Family guy isnt that great anymore, but then again the Simpsons has been dying a slow horrible death for the past 9 or eleven years. Amazing how Fox could cancel the genius that is(or was before they cancelled id it) Futurama but keep that shite.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Registered User The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy

I grew up with The Simpsons, so that show has a special place in my heart. :3 My brothers and I would sit together in front of the TV, watch it and laugh, because that show was great and highly quotable.

Family Guy was good for a while, but it just doesn't have the same impact to me as The Simpsons.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Xanatos's Avatar

Every fourth episode of Family Guy is funny, and even then there are like two, max three scenes where you can actually laugh. Simpsons, while not as great as they used to be are still fun to watch, which is impressive considering they've been airing for over 20 years now.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I'm not a big fan of either one to be honest, but if i had to pick, i would probably side with Family Guy. The Simpsons has more appropriate themes relating to the modern world, but Family Guy manages to do it in a more 'adult' and humourous way most of the time.

Plus, Stewie is an epic character xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Blog Entries

They're both pretty lame anymore. I haven't enjoyed an episode of the Simpsons in years, and Family Guy is more miss than hit, and the misses are pretty bad. Both had their stronger earlier years, but that was a longer period for the Simpsons, and the quality of show back then was much better than the Family Guy's when it was its best. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Fueled by Coffee The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Elise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dream_Recluse View Post

Stewie is probably the only thing I love about Family Guy. His episodes are always the best!

And I agree with everyone who said both shows have been heading downhill. The Simpsons pre-2000 was definitely better.

Bananarama The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that at their peaks, both shows were hilarious and must watch. The Simpsons were at their best when they were able to keep the show as more of a social commentary on the "average" American family. It was funny to watch their antics, with Homer's stupidity and Bart's shenanigans. The episodes, if not believable, were certainly relatable. We all know someone whom we consider to an idiot, having a job that they really have no business doing. The Simpsons problem really came about when they started to make their episodes too big, and tried to cover too many topics and story arcs at a time, all for seemingly one giant payoff, with a series of one liners and some mildly funny moments.

Family Guy also has its moments where it can be hilarious, or just completely obnoxious and downright offensive and stupid. There might be a few funny jokes and one liners, but then there will be some kind of joke that wasn't funny the first time, but keeps getting brought back up because the writers thought it was gonna work. It's not a bad show, but it can get very hit or miss.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

G'day The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd choose The Simpsons. It's a classic and I grew up watching it. Although, I do think it's time to put it to rest. I don't watch it anymore. Seriously, how many more ideas can they possibly come up with?! AND they've been the same age for the whole time. Family Guy is alright, but I hate those moments when they play a joke for too long. It goes on and on and on and on, and when you think it's over, it goes on a few more times!

Registered User The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Pug's Avatar

Actually i'd rather watch south park.

It may be childish to most people but it has lots of good morals, views on life, truths, and other deeply meaning things in there. Plus is extremely funny.

Though wouldn't expect many people to agree. Most people never understand what south park is trying to get at and just think its trying to take the piss out of everything (like the creater would rip the heck out of his own religeon lol)

Consistently Average The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd most likely go with Family Guy as I havent watched a new episode of The Simpons in ages. Family Guy's good when it's Friday and I want something dumb that will make me laugh or even crack a smile. I prefer the newer episodes though because I never really found evil Stewie to be that funny. He could talk and wanted to kill his mother, that was about it. But if you don't get the joke or reference then it's just not funny either.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Crash Boom Bang The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Lily's Avatar

I think they've both got pretty shit. I really liked them both at one point, though i eventually just got sick of the simpsons because ive seen them all about a million times as they are on every day. Older Family Guy I still find hilarious, but it just seemed to get a bit....pap

Im voting Futurama

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Tallulah's Avatar

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...

American Dad.

I have really gotten into it lately. All the newer episodes of Family Guy and The Simpsons are pretty rubbish (although I do think The Simpsons has improved a little over the past two seasons, which is nice to see, although Season Four will always be my favourite), and as for South Park, I don't even want to get into how effing s**t that has gotten...

Roger is ace!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Passing fair judgement The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I would have to go with Family Guy, I just think it's way more....funny.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Oh, My Giddy Aunt! The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy The Doctor's Avatar

If forced to choose between them, I'd rather be doing something else. I gave them both their chance and they both wound up being unimpressive.

I find life pretty damn funny without either of them. Family Guy goes to outrageous lengths to make the same joke and the Simpsons just became stale for me. I like to find my own things in life to laugh at, things that are funny, not unnecessarily obscene or offensive or obvious and generic.

Carpe Deim The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy stanman666's Avatar

ummmm well there both goin down hill but American dad is hilarious
    Son of a Submariner! You'll pay for this!

Kiss with a fist. The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Dranzer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dream_Recluse View Post

You're damn straight he is.

Family Guy, hands down. I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons. I don't really watch my first pick that much anymore to be perfectly honest, but if I had to choose between the two that's my choice.

PS - I <3 Stewie.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Boxer of the Galaxy The Simpsons Vs The Family Guy Rowan's Avatar

Classic Simpsons for sure. The past 5 - 6 seasons of the Simpsons are appalling. The jokes arnt clever anymore. They are trying to do what family guy do and appeal to the 'spontaneous' funny bone is our bodies, except it doesnt work. Family guy is good, although same as before, as the series went on it became less funny. This is only my opinion by the way, sometimes it needs to be said.

Don

Umm I cant really say cuz The Simpsons I've watched since I was young and I loved that Show and then I started to watch Family guy. I think both of them are really great and funny.