Thread: Warcraft (For the Horde)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Warcraft (For the Horde) Xanatos's Avatar

Warcraft (For the Horde)

If I had to describe Warcraft in few words only it would most definitely be "complete and utter fan service", however, as a film on its own I'm disappointed to say it's a solid attempt at best. Orcs are by far and without any doubt the best part of this film. Their arc, characters themselves, were far more interesting than humans. Speaking of humans, most were dull and surprisingly poorly acted, it pains me to say, even Lothar. In fact the only human I found out to be even remotely likable was Llane, the king himself.

Going against the current trend of making everything grounded and serious Warcraft fans will be glad to hear the CGI in this film has that true "cartoonish" Warcraft vibe, Orcs and the world itself look phenomenal, the first shot of Durotan is impressive to say the least. When it comes to fan service there are so many details fans will appreciate, I geeked out when I first saw the Orc encampment. My favorite detail though, there is a short scene where they show Orcs on various parts of the battlefield but it's made to look exactly like during the gameplay of Warcraft III.

Back to negatives, sadly, there were few emotional scenes on human side that simply fell flat, the love story, while not in your face, was unnecessary. Gul'dan should have been the sole villain of this film.

Overall, I enjoyed Warcraft for what it is, fans should see it for Orcs alone, that being said Silent Hill still remains the best video game adaptation to film.

For those who have seen Warcraft, what did you think of it?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Warcraft (For the Horde) Rowan's Avatar
    dont knock Travis, he hails from down the road from me.

I've been slating the movie since its announcement having lost alot of faith in blizzard the last few years, but i gotta give them props as they made a great effort for their first movie. The story itself wasnt the most thrilling they could have started with but it was necessary, as its the point where humans and orc first meet and the "war" begins, so a necessary set up for what i hope is more movies to come.

The acting wasnt too bad, not to the point that it was taking me out of the movie for a deep sigh as most hamfest movies like this do, it should have been a longer movie to flesh out the story more as i felt it was a bit rushed, Id have gladly sat through a 3 hour movie. I hope they do more movies as they have even touched off any of the good stuff, Thrall, Arthas, Illidian etc

Blog Entries
    I've heard that a lot was cut from this movie, and that the director wants to release an extended edition. I'll bet that would be better; parts of the movie definitely felt rushed, like we were missing parts of the plot. Who was Lother's kid? Was he in the games? I don't remember him at all, and also, I felt like there should've been more scenes with him
    SPOILER!!:
    for us to care about when he died.
    I enjoyed it, though. Warcraft II was my favorite game back in the day, and I would still play it if it didn't crash on my computer before I could do anything. So yeah; all the way back in '96, I was wanting this movie. Hopefully China saved the sequel.

Lothar kid was added to the movies since Son's of Lothar was a thing in the game. Typical movie rendition of a video game. Orcs were cooler than Humans in this. Thrall turning Green made me mad.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games