Thread: Toonami's Back

The Quiet One Toonami's Back Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Toonami's Back

For those that missed out on the April Fool's Day Toonami special, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim announced that Toonami is back by popular demand (probably popular demand). So set your calendars for May 26th Saturday and start enjoying some Tom and the Absolution again. The viewing schedule currently is unknown, but who hasn't missed Tom?

Toonami returns May 26 on Adult Swim

Enjoy all!
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Memento Rhapso Toonami's Back Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Toonami's Back

My friends and I were just discussing this. I'll copy some quotes to convey our feelings
    Mind = Blown. Pants = Shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    oh. Oh. ohhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH
    This can't be real.
    My boner has a boner.
    Words do not describe the happiness I feel right now.
    Suffice to say, I think we're all pretty excited to relive our afternoons from elementary school. I haven't watched any of the animes they ran (excluding YuYuHakasho) since Toonami flopped, so it's going to be a blast.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I want to play a game. Toonami's Back Zargabaath's Avatar

This is great news. I wonder if they'll be having some new shows to the line-up or just putting AS's Saturday line-up in the beginning. I missed Tom. I wonder how they'll start it off with his return. Wasn't the farewell him detonating the ship or something. Can't remember.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Quiet One Toonami's Back Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No I think the final for just him packing up leaving or shutting down. I don't think that blew up the ship. Though there was those big event things when they were updating Tom or the ship when it was in danger.

I'm guessing that they will keep running Bleach and then everything else will be up for grabs. Bleach is the only show still airing new episodes. So I'm hoping for some old classics and maybe something new.

I stayed with Toonami till the end it closed down, a sad day when it was running on Saturday during the evening hours before Adult Swim. And they were running MAR and Naruto back then along with Prince of Tennis. I actually kept watching things on the Reactor because they had some new stuff for a while.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Mad God Toonami's Back Heartless Angel's Avatar

My boner has a boner.
    This. ****ing this. I missed Toonami so much, the death of Toonami was like, the end of my childhood, everything that came after was just lame. But now the natural order of things shall be restored, and I can continue on with life. Okay, so it's probably not THAT serious of an event in my life, but still, Toonami, **** yeah.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Mystyrion

Just to bump this. The line up has been announced.

12:00 a.m. – Bleach
    12:30 a.m. – Deadman Wonderland
    1:00 a.m. – Casshern Sins
    1:30 a.m. – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    2:00 a.m. – Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    2:30 a.m. – Cowboy Bebop

Jason Demarco -
    Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very, very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more [mascot character] Tom animation, etc. I’m thankful for the $$ we’ve gotten, but it isn’t a lot.
    Link