Thread: TFF Viewing Club: An Idea for a Thing

Soup Kitchen Jerk. TFF Viewing Club:  An Idea for a Thing Polk's Avatar

TFF Viewing Club: An Idea for a Thing

Recently, I was looking at the Breaking Bad thread and it got me thinking about a couple of things:

First, I should shave my head. That would be badass.

Second, I started thinking about television shows, and especially the concept of catching up on shows that are either deep into the series or have already concluded (These things happen when you work a job with bizarre hours. You get a lot of time to think.). See, I’d never actually seen Breaking Bad, but have heard about how good it was, and really wanted to check it out. Catching up on the show itself is easy enough, seasons 1-4 are all on Netflix, and my laptop is decent enough that I can stream it without issues. The problem lies in the actual motivation to watch the show itself.

One of my favorite things about keeping up with a tv show/series is talking with other people about it. Discussing things like plot lines, theories, likes and dislikes of particular episodes or seasons with friends is as much or more fun than the actual show itself. Breaking Bad is real deep into its lifespan, and everyone I know who either likes or is interested in the show keeps up with it. So while I’m sitting there watching season 1, everyone I know is discussing the goings on of season 5.

So here’s what I’m thinking: TFF Viewing Clubs.

Basically, a viewing club would be a thread made for people who want to watch a specific show, for general discussion, theorizing, or whatever you feel the need to discuss. So, let’s say for example you (the reader) wanted to make a viewing club for Lost season one. Ideally, I (Polk) will have made some sort of hub thread for people to discuss potential viewing clubs. You say, “Hey, how about a thread for the first season of Lost, guys?” If people want to do it, you make a thread with some sort of cool title like, “Lost Season One VC: Blah blah plane crash blah blah smoke monster” and then you get to it. You’d also have to set up some sort of guideline for episode discussion (i.e. watch/discuss only episodes 1-5 for the week of 7/26 to 8/2) so that people don’t get too ahead and start spoiling things for other people. Does that make sense? I hope it does.

Obviously, this is just an idea at this point, and I’m still work shopping it. If this is something people are genuinely interested in, we’ll work on it. If not, I’ll drop it and we’ll pretend this never happened.

Thoughts, feelings, concerns?
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) TFF Viewing Club:  An Idea for a Thing che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: TFF Viewing Club: An Idea for a Thing

Can prob find everything you're looking for and more somewhere else, but since I KNOW you love everyone that posts on TFF I can see why you'd want it to be exclusive.

Also, need before and after, and specifically before pics of hair to come to a conclusion on shaving it.

Memento Rhapso TFF Viewing Club:  An Idea for a Thing Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can dig it. I've been getting really behind on a lot of the new shows as well, and I also have access to Netflix. I think something like this viewing club might get me back into keeping up with shows that aren't stupid animes.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I'd TOTALLY join!
    I've also stopped watching series (and animes) just because I didn't have a place to talk about the single episodes (after the forums I used to do so died).
    ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User TFF Viewing Club:  An Idea for a Thing Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd be up for it. One of my favourite things to do is get into a good series and talk about it with people. Nice idea

TFF's Token Imp TFF Viewing Club:  An Idea for a Thing Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm down. I've watched a lot of stuff so I'm happy to give feedback where necessary and I'm always on the lookout for new series/programmes so yeah. If it happens I'll join in.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?