Thread: Star Wars Episode VII

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Star Wars Episode VII Xanatos's Avatar

Star Wars Episode VII

Holy shit! Disney bought Lucasfilm today, Star Wars: Episode VII was announced almost immediately. Apparently it will be released in 2015 followed by Episodes VIII and IX soon after that.

As a long time fan of original trilogy this came as a surprise, not necessarily a bad one mind you, although I'm certain good deal of avid fans will take it as a one. Perhaps a fresh approach might do some good as Lucas evidently lost his touch long time ago. Disney handles Marvel rather well so there's some hope after all. Star Wars has a rather rich lore, there more than enough material to make another great trilogy... one can only dream.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Ayyye Star Wars Episode VII Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Being Star Wars...I'm skeptical it will be good, but I think Disney has a much better chance of making a good movie. No matter how much people hate Disney, you have to admit they've released a plethora of good shit. Regardless of what happens, it wont even come close to the atrocities Lucas pulled out of his bowels and threw on screen for the prequels.

Speaking of the prequels, these reviews are must watches (though they aren't sfw...) and the review for each movie is around 70 minutes

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Review (Part 1 of 7) - YouTube

Mystyrion
    Ehhhhh
    I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Whenever I see something that is live action and action oriented (mind you not all of SW is action, but it plays a big enough part) associated with Disney, I just think "Oh great, here comes the cheesy one liners and horrible action scenes with a half decent story"

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Star Wars Episode VII ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I honestly don't know how I feel about this one. I think it is not going to be right however they do it. If it's based on the books, then it won't work because the original cast are a lot older, which will mean they will need to get a new cast, which really won't feel right.

If they go with a new story, they had better do it perfectly, otherwise Disney (:commence eye roll sequence) are going to have hell to pay.

I'm torn. Part of me says "yay, more SW!", but the other says "please kill me now"

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Star Wars Episode VII Tallulah's Avatar
    I get the horrible feeling that even the long-time fans are going to get bored of this. I feel it is milking the franchise for all it's worth, and honestly, I think they should have stayed with the three original episodes.

Hmm, did George Lucas even plan for the prequels? Or for the supposed three sequels, I wonder... :/
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Finally people who aren't cursing this move!

I don't understand how Disney will make these films crap. I mean, Lucasfilm is still consisting of the same staff, but with a slight re-shuffle. George is still staying on as creative consultant. So the films are still going to be made the way he envisioned them. With Disney now owning Lucasfilm, it just means that there definitely will be further Star Wars films. For better or worse, I'm very interested in seeing what's in store.

Sig and ava made by poetictragedy of Kametsu Forums

Ayyye Star Wars Episode VII Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh...same staff AND Lucas? It's going to be awful...all my hope has vanished.

Registered User Star Wars Episode VII Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've seen a lot of complaints about it already by silly hipster pricks and the like. As far as I'm aware, the franchise has been so milked to death and become so shitty with the prequels (not that I've seen them), etc. that it seriously can't get any worse. So if I were a Star Wars fan, I'd be happy about it. Some people are just too wrapped up in the fact that it's Disney. As an avid Disney fan, I obviously don't see their issues with it. I think the only thing to be angry about is the prospect of it being milked even more. But if the quality turns out to be good, then what's to complain about?

TFF's Token Imp Star Wars Episode VII Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I heard, I laughed, and then laughed harder. I was not an over-the-top SW fan: sure I like to watch it like most people do but the prequels are pretty dire. What makes anyone think that a Disney production would be in any way shape or form worse than a George Lucas movie? In all honesty I think it's a funny piece of news in a bad week. And like Halie said, if it turns out to be a good movie, no one will care. I hope they add SW stuff to DisneyWorld! Can you imagine? Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Darth Vader, Minnie..
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

I invented Go-Gurt. Star Wars Episode VII Clint's Avatar
    I heard Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are both up for returning. So as long as they return, I don't give a shit what Disney does with it, because those two together are ****ing gold.

Certified tech, come at me! Star Wars Episode VII SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll just leave this here since this thread is basically about the future star wars trilogy, hope you enjoy this bit of news 'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' writer hired for new 'Star Wars' trilogy | The Verge
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Star Wars Episode VII Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I'll just leave this here since this thread is basically about the future star wars trilogy, hope you enjoy this bit of news 'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' writer hired for new 'Star Wars' trilogy | The Verge
    I read about it on IGN the other day, it's a weird combination to say the least. Kinberg has a lot of half assed projects, to this very day I cringe when someone mentions X-Men: The Last Stand, on the other hand I'm glad they got one of the veterans back. Michael Arndt has no experience with Sci Fi movies whatsoever, a rather strange choice for the very first one in new trilogy if you ask me.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity