Thread: The Sleeping Prince (Oneshot Manga)

Aspiring Author The Sleeping Prince (Oneshot Manga) SeleneHime's Avatar

The Sleeping Prince (Oneshot Manga)

EDIT: I know that manga doesn't quite count as animation, but I wasn't quite sure where to put it otherwise. My apologies if its in the wrong category.

Four years ago, Prince Lulnavul fell into an eternal sleep due to an unknown curse. The king then made a proclamation: whoever wakes the prince will receive any reward they choose...but up until now, not one has achieved it. Now, Witch Sayla, scorned by the outside for being a witch, attempts this task as the 99th contender, not for the sake of the prince's hand in marriage like the princesses before her, but solely for the king's national treasure, the Sapphire of Illusions. Can a witch, who is hated even in fairy tales, be the heroine of this one? Follow Sayla as she goes to meet this sleeping prince inside his dreams.
    This manga is one of my all time favorites, actually. I borrowed the summary from Mangafox, which is why it's quoted. That specific oneshot has been translated to english save for the cover, so feel free to glance through. I'd personally rate it 4-5 Stars, but it's open to discussion and personal opinions.

I do like a bit of fluff now and then, and this is the perfect cure for it. Because it also has prime character has decent development for it's length, art, and story. Imagine how it could be enhanced, if someone actually tried? *Smiles.* The final page may be cliche, but you can't really knock it for being so good otherwise.

Any comments or discussion points?
    Last edited by SeleneHime; 01-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Badass Military Agent The Sleeping Prince (Oneshot Manga) Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Re: The Sleeping Prince (Oneshot Manga)

Anime... Manga, subtle differences but as far as it goes, it's fine to me.

I haven't read The Sleeping Prince yet, but it sounds interesting enough for me to check it out. I'll let you know what I think of it in a couple days.

Just a suggestion but you should check out Kaichou wa Maid-sama, the series is still going on but the first 17 episodes are amazing, a longshot away from what I usually watch but I was definitely impressed. I would tell you what it is about but I'm not so much good at summarizing unless I actually think it through..

~Linus~

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.