Thread: Quistis' Drawings

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

Quistis' Drawings

Finally got a pen tablet! And just wanted to share my artwork... Been looking for tutorials all over the internet so none of my drawings are identical in style so far...

Shameless plug- my DA page: deviantART
    Last edited by Quistis; 10-05-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Re: Quistis' Drawings

Great work, I like the first once the most. It's a great mood picture
    You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

A VERY LATE thank you Ushi!

Oh my, it's been awhile since I updated this thread. I made a ton more drawings since then. I wouldn't post all the artwork I did in between (though you can all check it out in my deviantart account at roguemina.deviantart.com) So here's a few of my latest..

From the webcomic I am working on (personal project. You can check it out at Eon : The Curse of Forgotten Past: Home

And commissions I did just recently (finished them just this week):

Registered User Quistis' Drawings

Holy shite... These are really amazing. Love the colors, and basically just everything about all your pics. Can I has your talent? :3 I think I'd just be happy with half of what you can do.

I think the last one in your newest uploads is my favorite (dem eyes~), but they're all amazing. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Quistis' Drawings Xanatos's Avatar

Goddamn!

I honestly don't have any other word to describe your work, looking at your drawings makes me realize how far I'm from that point right now.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Thanksk Dodie and Xanatos ^_^

It takes lots of practice and patience/determination. My drawings aren't always like this from the beginning. You can see the difference from the pics I posted in the first post and the latest ones. They are posted 1 year and 8 months apart and I drew continuously from that point (at least on full colored drawing a month on average. Usually more than that).

Going back further, this is my progress in 2010. My first digital drawings look like a kid's doodle in Jan 2010 when I just picked up my tablet:

Improvement Meme

Some traditional stuff I did. I was trying to make ACEO/Sketch Cards in the last few months. Thought they are cool little collectible artworks and I wanted to give them a shot (think baseball trading cards only you get an artist's drawing on it)

My first attempt. And yes, it's Quistis

Another one of my fave characters. Rogue from X-Men:

Time for a male character. Gambit:

Since I am reaching the img tag limit, here's the last 3 I did. Size comparison with a pen. The top two - Elektra and Black Cat are commissions. Third one is me attempting to color using colored pencils. It's the character who is currently in my avatar and banner:

Backtrack a little bit, forgot to mention that I also joined the Guild Wars Halloween contest. I won honorable mention in 2010 , didn't place anything in 2011 lol (I wasn't surprised, art block has struck me too many times this year)

Oct 2010 entry:

Oct 2011 entry:

and a more recent Black Cat sketch from the train ride:

Blog Entries

Dodie already showed me before, so I already knew, but yeah, that's pretty damn amazing. The amount of detail, the shading, etc. That Guild Wars Oct. 2010 image especially sticks out to me. The coloring is pretty seamless on that one. It looks like an official image. You must put a lot of time and effort into these. I have a friend with a somewhat similar style, although I think you probably have him beat on the coloring front. This may sound like a dumb question, but what program do you use to color your stuff in?

Thanks Tele. Yeah I spent a lot of time on the GW 2010 one. I looked for critiques and stuff with that one. 2011 one was meh overall. At the middle of it I just rushed to finish everything.

I color using photoshop cs3 (and that's not a dumb question =P). Over the last two years my techniques have changed in terms of coloring/rendering but I always used photoshop for coloring.

Quick update: A couple of commissions I did recently with 1940s style propaganda poster

Been drawing on and off (mostly off) in the last couple of months. Thanks to Star Wars MMO and the winter blues, I've been very distracted/uninspired.

Pic in my current banner and avatar is pretty much the last thing I drew that had me in a drawing mood:

After that it's all meh for me. I drew some sort of 'speed paint' (It did take me at least a couple of hours though...). It's one of my characters. The chess piece is just a symbolism on how he views everything around him. Just trying to get the cobwebs off from me

(Am I gonna get a warning for triple posting? O_o)

Here's something I did recently. It's been 2 years since I started digital drawing. Can't believe how time flies

links to the original artworks:

Woman by *roguemina on deviantART
    Woman 2012 by *roguemina on deviantART
    Attached Images Attached Images Quistis' Drawings-draw_this_again_meme_by_roguemina-d4nqkp8-jpg 

Memento RK Quistis' Drawings Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If that's not proof you've improved, I don't know what it. Great job Quisty
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Thanks Kyra!

So, I literally play LoL everyday and for some reason, I missed the announcement that they are having an art contest...I was almost done with an Ahri fanart when I heard of the contest. So, four days before the deadline, I did this. I know 4 days seem a lot, but with work and other RL stuff that I do, this was probably only 3-5 hours of work overall:

Not my best but I hope to at least get some riot points QQ

Blog Entries

Ahri holding the number 1 sustain item for ap mids in lane, the almighty catalyst! Haha I like it! I hope you win some RP too, so you can share with me of course
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

*deleted my old post because I found out the answer to my question. You can't gift Riot Points at this time >_<*

Anyhow, two drawing updates:
    The Ahri drawing I originally intended to submit to Riot before I found out about the contest:

And as requested by Rowan. It's Tifa. Sorry for the messiness..this is how I normally sketch >_>
    http://roguemina.deviantart.com/art/...etch-283726615

wee, been awhile. I think I have Art block right now, been busy with other stuff. Other than that, I did draw a few things since my last post.

Latest page of the comic I am working on:
    Eon - Vol 1 Ch 1 Pg 8 by *roguemina on deviantART

Another tablet sketch that happened to look similar to an old drawing I drew many years ago (same character at that)

And a rather rushed monochrome portrait drawing of a character of mine (same one in my avy and sig)

But yeah..after that, it's been really slow for me in the art department QQ

Registered User Quistis' Drawings

Your "Draw this again Meme" thing is neat. It's like seeing a young person grow up, because he has a youthful roundness to his face on the left side, and on the right he looks a lot more mature. I actually like both of those pictures in the meme, tbh.

Your lady in the portrait drawing is beautiful. So regal and elegant-looking. And you say it was rushed? Your rushed works look 10,000x more awesome than ones that I spend time on.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

In honor of the return of Randomosity, I just dug from the depths of my super old artworks and found this:

It's a drawing I made of his old RP character here in TFF year 2000 or 2001 maybe? Whenever it is, I havent even learned to sign my drawings yet lol.

As for real updates...well I did a ton since my last post. It's like I got hit by an art train and dragged me 100 miles an hour...and made 7 drawings in total (latest to oldest). I would thumb them all but I reached the image tag cap, so the oldest ones are just links.

Some Art Trade of a Vampire character

Another character portrait for a friend

A portrait gift thingy
    Last edited by Quistis; 06-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.

the night man cometh Quistis' Drawings Joxsjua's Avatar

That's an amazing talent you have there! I mean those are all REALLY good!! All of these are so damn awesome, Wow.. Even the Tifa ... Rogue... I dunno what to say but that's incredible work.

Okay, my typing is starting to look like it has asthma so I gonna stand back and watch now.. That's impressive!

This is sad..it's been so long since I last posted. June last year? Really lol

Humm.......I got waay too many updates so I'll just show a few. If you want to see everything just go to my DA page roguemina on deviantART

Guild Wars 2 stuff (Game I am playing right now):
    SPOILER!!:

*reaches the 5 image limit*

And a sketch card
    White Queen Sketch Card by *roguemina on deviantART

Blog Entries
    You are the exceptional artiste. Sorry I haven't been harrassing you more on dA, but I feel like I've run out of things to say Only so many ways I can say "Whoah, that is awesome! Why do you draw so well? I MUST STEAL YOUR ESSENCE." Wait, I've never said that, that's just a thought that's come into my head now... .... .... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Thanks Tele! *sorry for the late reply*

Haven't been drawing much lately but I did a few in the last months. A digital drawing and a couple of sketch cards. Got a few more that I can post later lol
    viatrix_by_roguemina-d5ymu3m.jpg
    rogue_in_flight_by_roguemina-d66j8ff.jpg
    mina_copic_sketch_card_by_roguemina-d673zox.jpg

*looks at last post* 2013..and here I am 4 years later. Funny how a ton of stuff have changed. O_O

Still drawing. At some point I was just doing portrait commissions, drawing my own characters and, on very rare occasions, fanart.

Attachment 25756moana_by_artofrivana-db4hngj.jpgpirate_mina_by_artofrivana-da2uw43.jpg

Early this year though, I decided to close my commissions and revisit my 2011 comic so I that's what I am focusing on now. I still got a long way to go. I am working on the Prologue and only on Page 9 atm -_-

I have way too much updates so just check out my DA page lol
    ArtOfRivana (Mina) | DeviantArt
    Last edited by Quistis; 10-05-2017 at 06:19 AM.

This guy reminds me of Chester Barklight from Tales of Phantasia... is that intentional, or am I just going mad?

...I guess it could be both
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    This guy reminds me of Chester Barklight from Tales of Phantasia... is that intentional, or am I just going mad?

...I guess it could be both
    lol I had to look up the character. I never heard of him before.

I can see why you think they are similar though.

Well Chester is a bad mofo and it's a compliment, also the drawings are spectacular but I was too shy to say anything before.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Well Chester is a bad mofo and it's a compliment, also the drawings are spectacular but I was too shy to say anything before.
    Thanks for the compliments!

I might read more on Chester lol. Also I now realized that I shaded that archer's (Ran is his name) hair too lightly in the picture, making him look like he had light hair like Chester.

Here's an alternate view of him:
    page_7_teaser_by_artofrivana-dbm3i4n.jpg

And another panel:
    updated__happy__sassy_and_grumpy_by_artofrivana-dbpbvn8.jpg