Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

For those who know or have heard, I'll say "You knew this was coming". Actually I think it was seeing Dodie's avatar here that made me go "Okay! I HAVE to find out the reason for this recent MLP craze on the internet!" after seeing image macros of the ponies pop up everywhere.

Knowyourmeme actually has quite the detailed info on this phenomenon.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic | Know Your Meme

Too lazy to click the link and read? I'll sum it up like this:

"New MLP series done by classic CN cartoon staffers (PPG, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and Foster's) is surprisingly good and enjoyable. Becomes the biggest and most "meme-able" craze on the internet since Pokemon, if not ever."

So I told my sister about it, she was a HUGE MLP fan back in the day, and we've had a fun time watching it. I'm not going to claim something like this is the best show ever or anything like that. I'd say it's enjoyable fluff. In fact I found this article here to sorta explains the phenomenon and really shares my opinion on the series.

Just to add a little more to this thread. I've been amazed at what the fanbase have been able to conjure up. I'd have to say my favorite thing has been "DJ Brony's" Ponybeat songs which take the songs from the series and remixes them into catchy Eurobeat. I seriously can't stop listening to his Evil Enchantress remix

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!

I've totally been watching this show! It's refreshing to see a "girls' cartoon" done in such a way that it really appeals to a wide audience. Not to mention, the ponies actually have memorable personalities, and are enjoyable ones at that. ^^ Pinky Pie is totally the stand-out star though. She's soooo delightfully random~

I've been catching the show on Youtube, since I don't catch the original run on television. Full episodes are up here: YouTube - MAST3RLINKX's Channel

The first two episodes pretty much are there to introduce the characters, and have a bit of "Magical Girl" vibe to 'em, but in the later episodes, it starts to get more episodic and crazy (in a good way).

The power of the Ponies compel you to watch! Resistance is futile.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Lady Succubus My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!

I watched the two part 'pilot' as it were. o_o
    It's a good show. It's not overly girly or cheesy. It's just a well done cartoon show. I like it. I didn't think I would. xD

I used to be a huge fan of the original MLP and My Little Pony Tales. I think they we different actually but it's hard to remember now, but none the less I like the upgrade. PPG, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and Foster's are all favs of mine so this is a win. Time to rebamf Care Bears and bring back Sailor Moon!

Seriously, they need to bring back Sailor Moon, all you guys know you like watching girls twirl around in mini skirts.

I haven't seen it on tv though, since this is the first time I've even heard of the new version. I think I'll keep an eye on it.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

I watched a couple episodes, and decided I needed to make some .gifs:

Dodie told me I should watch it. She was correct. I loved Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends back in the day, and this seems like it should be just as fun. Love the animation and art style. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" winterborn86's Avatar

No, I'm not liking the new episodes
    Like Gypsy I'm a fan of the original MLP. I remember having the toys too, Applejack, Lemondrop and rainbow dash. I miss those.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86 View Post
    No, I'm not liking the new episodes
    Like Gypsy I'm a fan of the original MLP. I remember having the toys too, Applejack, Lemondrop and rainbow dash. I miss those.

But seriously what don't you like about it? I'm honestly curious how a fan of the original can not at least appreciate it.

Blog Entries

They changed it, now it sucks, maybe?

I just watched this episode today:

...and I have to say, it's gotta be my favorite so far. Flutter Guy is awesome. So, of course, is spastic Pinky Pie.
    *Image got removed, apparently*
    Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

So I just got Sony Vegas on my computer and made a DJ P0N-3 video to get the hang of the software

And probably the msot amazing AMV I've seen in a while, without a doubt the best MLP "PMV" on the net for sure.

And fanmade MLP Sneakers, even for the likes of Dr. Whooves and Derpy.
    StoreMart: Ponies: Zazzle.com Store

Blog Entries

So I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention:

...but more importantly, on the subject of music, there is now an album out by Eurobeat Brony. It's pretty awesome.

So apparently, all the MLP: FiM videos are going down on Youtube. However, I think you can still watch them on the Hub's official site, so it's all good. (Although they don't seem to have episode 21 yet...) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

I know... So lame that they're being taken down...but I guess it's cool that we can still watch 'em on that site you linked. The older episodes don't seem to be on there yet, if they're going to be up at all. There's still a few people on youtube who are still uploading episodes, and one account already has the newest one up. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Actually Mast3rlinkx sent a counternotice, so we might see his account back up in a few days! The whole situation really reeked of Pony hating parasprites (he got a LOT of harassment on his channel for posting ponies)

My Pony shirts I ordered (a Brony made them with Proceeds going to charity) arrived yesterday. Awesome.

And I've been really inspired by Ponies to make Youtube videos featuring Karoke and A Capella versions of the songs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperKaizoku1138

Oh, found this art Dodie, and instantly thought of you (see attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"-130133687974-jpg 

Awesome shirts~ :3 If I could order my own, I would totally get one of the 20% Cooler shirts and the Applebuckin' shirt. Haha.. And that artwork is fantastic!

And good to hear that we might have our beloved Ponies back soon. I read on TV Tropes when the episodes were first being taken down that Hasbro was taking action against that youtube account, but now it's a bit more cryptic as to who was behind it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Eurobeat Brony has just come out with his You Gotta Share remix, and it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Dodie told me I should watch it. She was correct.
    And now Telegraph showed me some clips and I decided to watch it as well. You BOTH were correct. The show is so much fun, I still can't believe I watched the first four episodes all in a row. (I'm no good at watching TV for too long ^^")

But gosh this show is so great! >-< I love the ponies and how it's so... girly. In a positive way. Normally I don't like tv shows about girly stuff, but GOSH MLP is sooo cute. @_@ I mean, look at those ponies! >_<"

I've never watched the original MLP and I certainly NEVER bought those toys. But I remember seeing them in stores... when I bought some other stuff. ^^" And I certainly won't buy any MLP toys now. But I'll probably watch the series. Just because it's cute. Cute. CUTE!!!

As for the characters, I like all of them, though I don't sympathize with Rarity. ^^" She's just the kind of girl I don't really like - she's only there to look good. And her vision about finding true love, marrying the prince... ooooh well. That's okay with me, but I don't really like those characters. :/
    So far, I think I like Applejack most. She's just great and I love her voice actor! She's doing a great job, letting her sound like that. <3
    Oh and I like Fluttershy. Just because she's cute.

But really, I hope the show'll have more content soon. I liked the action scenes and the adventure in the first two episodes - I hope the show isn't as boring as "we're supercute friends doing non-special things, yay!". ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or &quot;Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    As for the characters, I like all of them, though I don't sympathize with Rarity. ^^" She's just the kind of girl I don't really like - she's only there to look good. And her vision about finding true love, marrying the prince... ooooh well. That's okay with me, but I don't really like those characters.
    She gets more well-rounded as the show progresses. I had pretty much the same thought about her character too, but then I watched "Suited for Success" and "A Dog and Pony Show", and realized she does have more to her than just being a typical girly-girl character. She quickly became one of my favorites after that. YMMV, of course.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

Saw the last episode of the year today. Kinda sad. Although I suppose the season went out with a proper bang:

(She's demanding you love her. You had better.)
    Nice little lesson about having too high of expectations for something. Loved Fluttershy and Rarity in it. Also, really loved last week's episode. Made me love Pinkie Pie even more.

So... now what am I gonna watch? Hm... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or &quot;Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!&quot;

So... now what am I gonna watch? Hm...
    There's always....the reruns~

Ha! Loved the season finale episode! Poor Rarity. She got to finally meet her Prince Charming...
    SPOILER!!:
    but he turned out to be not so charming after all. I laughed when Rarity lost her shoe on the stairs, and Pinkie Pie was like "Oooh! Now your Prince is sure to find you~" and then Rarity smashes the shoe to little bits.

I wonder why Luna wasn't there though? Is she ever coming back? Hmm. Maybe next season.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

I have been thinking and discussing with Dodie, and I have decided it fit to ask this question: How do you rank the ponies? Here is how I rank them:

1. Pinkie Pie. From the start of the show, she was gonna be my favorite. The silly one who breaks the fourth wall. And she had a lot of awesomely silly moments, and I love her songs. My favorite episode with her, however, was when she thought her friends didn't like her anymore and snapped. That showed some depth of character that wasn't there before. Showed that even SHE could be susceptible to insecurities.

2. Fluttershy: Very close second. At times during the season, maybe even held the #1 spot. Cute character. Love how she can go from this gentle, shy, cringing little girl to this ultra tough motherly chick. Her snapping in the last episode was also pretty hilarious.

3. Rarity: A character who jumped up the rankings for me. Suited for Success changed my perception of her character for good, she showed a lot of heart and kindness in that episode. Also really liked her in the one where she got kidnapped, and held off her kidnappers with sheer wit. Also, she has some hilarious moments as a beauty-obsessed girl. Her reaction to losing her slipper in the last episode made me lol.

4. Twilight Sparkle. Main character. I like her personality a lot, especially when she gets all excited and geeks out about stuff. She is also a very expressive character. Lover her facial expressions and reactions to things. The reason she isn't higher is because she's not as interesting as the above characters. Still a good character.

5. Apple Jack. Kinda feel similarly towards her as I did towards Twilight. She's a lot of fun. Has some good moments. Actually was one of my favorites towards the beginning. She's just not as interesting of a character as the ones above her.

6. Rainbow Dash. Probably my least favorite from start to finish. I think she's an alright character, but she's really the least developed out of them all, and kinda the least sympathetic too. She's kinda a brat in a lot of situations, and there's no deep desire or hurt that really makes me feel for her. She just wants to be the best, and to show off. Of all the main ponies, she's like the lone one that I actually have a vague dislike for.

There. What are other people's thoughts? My thoughts are that I'm kinda amazed that I like this show so much that it inspired me to rank the characters... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Dodie reminded me about Spike. I dunno where I'd put him, though. I like his character a lot, and being the only male, probably fairly easy to relate to too. Probably somewhere in the middle, alongside Twilight. Maybe tie for 4th.

All the ponies in the mane cast had many great moments to shine, so it's kind of hard to rank them The show did a pretty good job at not really focusing too much on one over the other, imo. But I do have my favorites, and here they are, ranked from favorite to not so favorite.

Rarity - My favorite is Rarity. I liked her well enough in the first few episodes, but thought she would just wind up being the typical girly pony of the group, but she turned out to be much more well-rounded than that. She jumped to first place ever since Suited For Success, and hasn't budged in the slightest.

Fluttershy - She's just too adorable to rank any lower, and when she does stand her ground against various adversities, she's awesome.

Spike - I felt the need to have him in here, since he is a big part of the show. I enjoy his witty sarcasm, which is usually aimed at Twilight Sparkle, but he does have his moments where he's just too precious. His crush on Rarity is a large part of those moments. Plus, when he was just hatched, he was incredibly "awww~"-inducing. :3

Pinkie Pie - Her zany antics are really enjoyable to watch, but before the episode Party of One, she was fairly flat as a character overall. Afterward though, we got to see a side to Pinkie Pie that had more depth to her, rather than just PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! all the time, and that boosted her rankings to me.

Apple Jack - I think I like her character design the best, and her stubbornness at times is actually more charming than it is off-putting. I like her drive to help make the apple farm she lives/works on a success. She's a great character, but she hasn't really changed all that much from episode to episode.

Rainbow Dash - She's impulsive, a braggart and sometimes very blunt with the other ponies, but she's also been shown to be very insecure at times too, which is sometimes nice to see her ego get knocked down a peg or two.

Twilight Sparkle - Somepony had to be last, and Twilight Sparkle is that in my list...but I still like her well enough. She might just be too much of a brain, or maybe too deadpan at times for me. She's still enjoyable, but just not as much to me as the other ponies (and Spike).
    Last edited by Dodie16; 05-13-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or &quot;Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!&quot; Zidane77's Avatar

It ridiculously well made, i've only watched the first episode but i liked it.
    Guess the name of the show is a little disturbing since im not a kindergardener anymore but whatever

Well figured with the other topic, better post some stuff.

Where have I been, you ask? Making awesome stuff. And there's a LOT more where that came from. Yep, Ponies have taken over my life and I LOVE it.

Oh and what happens when the AMV Hell guys get on the Pony train. This awesome little video.

YouTube - &#x202a;PONIES The Anthology&#x202crlm;

So anyone watch the new season premiere yet? Damn! It's nuts. It ends on one hell of cliffhanger. If you haven't seen it, I'd wait until the next episode Saturday so you don't have to wait as long for the conclusion.

I watched. I thought it was pretty good, and I have no idea how the ponies are going to best Discord. Can't wait for the next episode!

Also.... CHOCOLATE RAAAIIIIN~ I wonder if that was a shoutout to that Tay Zonday song.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

I saw it, thought it was alright. Wasn't feeling it as much at the beginning, but then Princess Celestia showed up, and it got better. Liked shifty-eyed Applejack:

and what is being coined as "Flutterbitch." And Discord seems pretty awesome. Also awesome that he is voiced by Q. Although I am not a Trekkie. But still, that's pretty awesome, because Q is awesome, from what I've seen. He caused this. Interested to see what happens next. I think maybe the CMC's will get to solve the problem when the older ponies can't get along. Maybe. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I think maybe the CMC's will get to solve the problem when the older ponies can't get along. Maybe. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Makes sense to me. They're pretty much the ones that started the whole mess... It'd be a nice lesson for them to learn.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Wow, so without me, no one's been talking Pony, for shame, TFF :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post

Wow, so without me, no one's been talking Pony, for shame, TFF :/
    I didn't wanna double post....and Tele is on an extended leave of absence.

Man, did I really, REALLY love the Halloween episode. Luna was so awesome. Glad she wasn't just some timid little thing that a lot of fandom was portraying her as.

As for other episodes, I'm really quite pleased with Season 2 so far. Still need to catch up on the latest episode though. This holiday week has thrown my lazy time through a loop.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

After seeing a topic on MLP:FiM on another forum I go to (although unfortunately, it was locked due to arguments and stuff and since then, there hasn't been any topics about the show on there), my curiosity for the show reached a climatic point after 6 months knowing about the show. Since it was on a day where I had pretty much no homework to do, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to watch one or two episodes of the show. I ended up watching about 6 or 7 episodes on that day. It's been 5 or 6 weeks since this happened. Now, I've completed watching the first season and have seen only 4 episodes of the second season so far.

So yeah, I guess you could consider me a "brony"

I felt very sorry for Luna in the recent Halloween (or Nightmare Night) episode, at least until near the end.

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or &quot;Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!&quot; Xatper's Avatar

Even though I am a guy I watch My Little Pony. When my friend had me sit and watch it I thought that it was going to be a long twenty minutes. It turned out that I really liked it. My favorite character has to be Fluttershy. Then Pinky Pie. Y'all should read the fanfics. The stuff people come up with. I think that fans are making a video on one of the fanfics where Pinkie Pie makes Rainbow Dash into cup cakes. That is a gruesome fanfic.
    All our struggles lie within.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast