Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!

Quote Originally Posted by Xatper View Post
    Even though I am a guy I watch My Little Pony. When my friend had me sit and watch it I thought that it was going to be a long twenty minutes. It turned out that I really liked it. My favorite character has to be Fluttershy. Then Pinky Pie. Y'all should read the fanfics. The stuff people come up with. I think that fans are making a video on one of the fanfics where Pinkie Pie makes Rainbow Dash into cup cakes. That is a gruesome fanfic.
    I'm detecting some Applejack in that sentence.

Also, it's hard for me to pick a single favorite character since I happen to like them all. I guess you could say the favorites depend on the certain aspects of the characters.

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!

Well since no one else =P

Recent episode was probably one of the best in the new season so far. Great new song, great new characters. It was refreshing to see that not ALL Canterlot citizens are snobs.

Fans are going nuts for the new Unicorn, fan-dubbed Fleur-de-lis

also Jon Pertwee Pony

Blog Entries

Yeah, last week's episode in Canterlot was pretty good, although I think I might like this week's episode better. With Spike taking on the role of King Kong, and Rarity that one chick that King Kong carries. Pretty funny. the writing was some of the best it's been all season, too. Pretty humorous and amusing and shit. Spike wearing that hat was pretty awesome, and then Twilight trying to keep him from stealing stuff during the first part of the second half was pretty fun to watch too. One thing bothers me, I suppose; apparently all adult dragons are greedy and evil in this universe. The only way to keep them from being greedy and evil is to keep them from growing up. So I suppose Spike will never grow up. I know this won't bother some viewers, though Anyhoo...

^Yeah I kinda figured that his sudden drive to hoard things was a sort of "dark mutation" like Skull Greymon from Digimon. But if that were the case how does he age the right way? Maybe just really slowly. I mean the other two dragons shown in the series, while still greedy, could talk, while Spike was more like an Oozaru or some kind of were-creature that lost his conscious mind. Also Lauren recently confirmed that Luna became Nightmare Moon because her jealousy consumed her and that her NMM form was NOT her natural adult form.

Still makes you wonder if there's a proper way for dragons to grow, aside from just... eating gemstones.

I'm also still watching the show, though I've just watched the latest episode today. I'm not able to watch it on Saturdays it seems. Heh.

I even tell my boyfriend what happened in MLP after watching it, just because sometimes the morale is great and most of the times, I LOVE Pinkie Pie's lines. XD
    Twilight: "Pinkie Pie, you're a genius!"
    Pinkie: "No, I'm not. I'm a chicken!"
    Still makes me laugh all the time. XD
    The same as:
    Twilight: "Why are you giving him cake?!"
    Pinkie: "I'm not giving him cake! I'm assaulting him with cake!"

And in the latest episode, when she told Applejack she'd be able to think in a chimney... XD That was just hilarious.

Really, I love Applejack for her strength, for how she talks and how she helps everypony. But I suppose Pinkie Pie's a bit more of my favorite character.
    (And oddly enough my boyfriend has started calling me "Pinkie" sometimes a few months ago... *shrugs*)

Oh and the latest episode was great. I never wondered why earth, unicorn and pegasus ponies live together, but that was a good explanation. Though I've wondered why Rainbow, Rarity and Pinkie haven't started hating again - they didn't know what happened, did they?
    Oh and Pinkie as chancellor was AWESOME! I wonder if she really recited the script or if she just said what she wanted to. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

DERPY HOOVES IS CANON! Fan reactions the moment it happened @ 4:55 or so:

Good gawd, I love this show. :3
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

I thought about posting that myself, but I hadn't seen the episode yet; just a clip. Thus, damn it.You beat me to it.

Last two episodes I loved. Pinkie Pie was great in both. Also, I think Apple Jack has moved back up on my list this season. Could not sleep this morning. Had to watch. Spike's marathon is on right now. His birth episode is on now. Another awesome ep. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Spike's marathon is on right now. His birth episode is on now. Another awesome ep. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    As much as I watch the show, I still had to look at an episode guide for Spike's "birth episode"...then I remembered that's what you call birthdays. Thought I was missing out on some adorabru baby Spike moments. :3
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

Y'know, I thought today's episode was alright, but this totally caught me off guard and made me lol (wait a few seconds, and you will see.)
    SPOILER!!:
    I wonder what the Derpy protesters will think of that.

When are we gonna get another Fluttershy episode, anyway? She has not been featured much this year. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Memento RK My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Soo. It seems I have jumped onto the MLP bandwagon after hearing this gem:

The DJ is amazing, so I couldn't resist. I've been playing it on repeat while studying for finals. Then I needed to see what the rest of it was about and I was amazed. I just watched the first couple episodes last night and I'm hooked. I wasn't going to post until I watched the whole thing, but these damn ponies are addicting.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries

Glad you're enjoying the show, lady.

Oh man, another season over... What a way to end it, too. Shining Armor and Princess Candice... I wonder if they will be regulars now. Pinkie Pie and Spike had a number of their characteristic moments of funny, and Rarity and Fluttershy also worked in a few that I recall. That villain was a good villain, too. Wonder if she'll be back. Like how the story progressed; didn't feel rushed, took time to develop things.

On the other hand, some of the dramatic moments almost had me rolling my eyes (although for a kid's show, they were still pretty good. And not all of them; some of them were really good.) Also, hope Shining Armor gets time to develop; reminds me of Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid as far as bland personalities go, heh... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

TFF's Resident Messenger My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Curse you all for enticing me into watching this show with all your posts about it! This show is absolutely amazing. At first I was skeptical because this is a show about ponies. But after watching the first two episodes, I am hooked. The sequel to Saki will have to wait.

Wouldn't this show be considered a "gateway" show? You know, get new viewers into watching the "harder" stuff when MLP can't satisfy their cravings.

UPDATE: I have watched the first 20 episodes. This show keeps getting better and better!
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 04-27-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Memento RK My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I finished watching Season two about a week ago. I loved it. I can't wait for Season three :3

I also love this song. Archie did it again

[CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

TFF's Resident Messenger My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I finished watching the season 2 finale a couple hours ago. Oh, it was so great! I want more Fluttershy! She is the one I most identify with.

And the songs featured throughout are so catchy!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Xatper's Avatar

I still have to watch a few episodes of the second season. Can't wait until the third season to start. When does it start?��
    All our struggles lie within.

Blog Entries
    Lookie what I found!

Anyway, in anticipation for the next season of MLP:FIM, I found a personality test. It's pretty lame, but I thought it was fun. I ended up being Rainbow Dash!
    Attached Images Attached Images My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"-8e3efca7f2b7e19cc0f99d837f1a54e4-jpg 
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    I did that too one time, and I also got a high score for Rainbow Dash, with Pinkie Pie right behind. In fact, Our scores are VERY similar... Heh. Not sure if I'm that Rainbow Dash, but eh *shrugs* Love that Pinkie Pie emoticon though

Pretty sure that season 3 will start when I am already gone, heh... Will have to catch up after. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Took the thing again, agree much more with these results :3
    Attached Images Attached Images My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"-meapparently-jpg 

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got Pinkie Pie! I honestly thought I was more like Fluttershy but I love Pinkie so I don't really mind. I suppose it fits, I am a little cray cray. A little? Pfft. I'm also told I'm creative. Wooooo

This is the full descriptiooonnn...

"WOO! You have boundless energy and will take every single possible moment to exert it! Not only that, but you looooove to party, so wherever you can be that you can party and get down at, you will want to be! Your love of parties and laughter makes you a very fun pony to be around, because all of your friends generally have a good time when they're with you — as long as your overabundance of energy doesn't irritate them.

You don't just go against the grain, but you pretend the grain isn't even there, saying neigh to the norm and doing whatever it is you want to do, regardless of how silly it may be. Your carefree attitude is admirable in that sense, but you can easily get discouraged when people don't quite 'get' your sense of randomness and laughter. If you can't put a smile on a friend's face or if you disappoint them, you'll feel bad about it.

Despite your rather quirky nature, you often times do know exactly what you're doing, even if it may seem you're going about it in an odd way. You have a certain sense of things and it would be wise for your friends to believe you. You may be naive and carefree, but you're willing to try almost anything out, even if you're completely clueless on it. You're also a very creative pony, dabbling in songs, performances, and other creative ventures, while also coming up with creative solutions to whatever problems may be out there."

Pretty sure I got nearly the same results from when I took this test the first time, though I think the test ultimately said I was most like Twilight Sparkle back then. Ah well. Fluttershy! Yay~
    Attached Images Attached Images My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!"-411f88fcfd97ce709ddfc55db63943ba-jpg 
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries
    My best friend from another forum got into it and got me into it, so now I love it. Though I won't watch or read anything other than the cartoon. Some bronies have sick minds with some of their fan art and it's gotten to the point where it almost ruined the show for me.

But all in all, it's a good show
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Registered User My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "Confound these ponies! They drive me to post about them!" serenity1905's Avatar
    I was sucked into this show... honestly... I never knew what hit me. >_< It's ridiculously adorable, and the writing actually isn't bad (especially considering the target group for viewers lol) Many of my friends are proud bronies, and I have to admit to having a Fluttershy wallpaper or two saved around my laptop somewhere. Yeah... Imma fan.

There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Blog Entries
    I am a bit disappointed in the last episode of the season. It was one of those episodes that moved too fast/things were resolved too easily.
    SPOILER!!:
    And now Twilight is a princess.... we'll see how that one goes.
    Oh well, I enjoyed most of the season. Even if it was short. Think the best episodes might've been the Apple Jack-centric ones. Did Rarity get an episode? I forgets. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Heh, Tele, you're just like me. Yesterday evening I told my boyfriend about the latest episode, telling him that I was pretty disappointed with the pace of the episode and the outcome.

Plus, the episode had an "ending-feeling" on it, hope you get what I mean. I wouldn't mind if it had ended right here. I mean, really?
    SPOILER!!:
    Twilight Sparkle is a princess, a mighty allwhateverunicornpony and has even completed a spell by a really powerful magician? Really? (In just one episode?!)

Not only that, it reminded me of the beginning of the series: In the first episode, Twilight Sparkle was sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. And now, at the end of season 3, she proved that she had learned so much about friendship that she can even complete that spell. Hmmm! Sounds like a suitable ending to me. After all, she used all she'd learned and achieved her aim. So now she knows everything about friendship, doesn't she?

On another note: I really liked all the three songs of the episode. Especially the cutie mark song.

I really wonder what will happen in season 4. My boyfriend thinks that they'll center on the Cutie Mark Crusaders from now on. (Quote: "That's was already ruined Scrubs!" :'D) Personally, I doubt that. But it would be neat to have some episodes set in Equestria! Hope that'll happen.
    GOSH I just wanted to write "setted"... really, damn you, English! Plus, forgive any unnecessary transitives. Damn you, exams!

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    So new season! Here is what I thought, written on another forum:

I think the writing was a lot better in this than it was for most of Season 3. It was well paced and didn't have an easy out as far as the solution to the problem went. I still feel kinda like they don't know what to do with Pinkie Pie a lot of the time though. I feel like they try too hard to pull her comic relief, and don't do enough to make her important to the plot. Discord was better comic relief in this, IMO. I feel like they've gotten better with Fluttershy though; she was fairly moderate in disposition, slightly leaning towards introversion, like she really should be most of the time. She wasn't terrified of everything and she didn't have a random over the top moment of being a stern mama bear; only a moderate instance of being a stern mama bear. Which is also good. Applejack seemed to be the mouth for all the exposition and not much else. I guess that's the problem with putting all of the Mane Six in an episode (or two) that also includes Celestia, Luna, Discord, and some magical disturbance.

Blah blah blah. Too much analysis for a children's show. I'm sure the intended audience thought Pinkie Pie was funny.

Also, I did that Pony Personality test again for some reason and got Applejack this time. Still got high marks in Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash though. So there's that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2