Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar

Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

I would simply love if this thread got the same treatment as the one in animation corner, or "Last Anime You Watched", as to why I made it, such thread exists on this other forum I go to and just by going through it and reading what others think about last movie they saw I picked over dozen truly great movies to watch.

You have your question in title of this thread, though most importantly, do not just name the last movie you saw, go into more detail.

Goodfellas - it's never late to see a great movie, one out of dozen classics I missed out on. I was expecting something similar to Donnie Brasco, partialy it's just what I got, though this movie is noticeably more lighthearted. I really enjoyed performance by all three major protagonists, though the strongest point of this movie is that is based on true events. My verdict: 8/10 (recommendation)

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas - I think I would appreciate this movie noticeably more if I've actually seen it in 3D. Aside that mistake on my part I found it to be vastly inferior to first two movies, it's just less crazy, it does provide few good laughs however. The entire cast, Neil Patrick Harris in particular, are still legend... wait for it... dary. My verdict: 6/10

Year One - stupid cheap humor is sometimes just what you need and this movie is all about that. From what I can tell many were disappointed by this movie, I personally got a good laugh out of it, the time periods were connected rather well and lead characters were quite funny. My verdict: 6/10
    Last edited by Xanatos; 05-09-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Rowan's Avatar

Re: Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Super - A movie about a man named Frank (raine wilson) becoming a superhero to save his relapsed drug addict wife (Liv Tyler) from a drug dealer (kevin bacon) after she left him for a life of addiction, once again. The movie is a dark comedy, its realistic in the sense that he has no powers, but just wears a costume and bashes people in the head with a wrench. Its a fantastic movie and its worth seeing. It also starts Ellen Page. This movie was really funny in some parts, touching in others and consistently interesting. I give it 8/10

Sanctum - A movie about underwater cave diving team that experiences a life threatening situation in one of the unexplored, least accessible caves in the world. Me and my girlfriend walked out 40 mins into it. We had never walked out of a movie before in our life, so that should say something. Maybe it was the extremely horrible 3d, or perhaps it was the non-stop cliche's that were being spat out like booger biscuits, but this movie was horrible. I felt insulted as I sat and watched the most predictable plotlines unfold. The acting was over the top and the constant aussie slang anoyyed me. Just because its aussie slang, it doesnt mean that everyone in Australia speaks like that. It was just one thing after another and it got on my nerves so much that by the 40 minutes, I wanted all the characters to die. Knowing such an ending would never be, since the father and son bond had yet to be fixed and there were still 3 more people to die, we walked.
    I give it 3/10
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

"my destiny evades me" Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations magewarrior's Avatar
    The Adventures of Tintin; I was really excited to see what Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson would end up doing with Herge's classic character Tintin. I was really impressed, the motion capture in this movie was terrific, and the action scenes were well done. The story was true to the source material. I think Spielberg crafted a work of art and brought Tintin to life in a way I think Herge would be proud. I gave this movie a 10/10 its a truly great movie.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar

Escape From Alcatraz - last time I saw this movie I was just a kid thus I decided to see it again. As the name suggests it's a movie about several prisoners trying to escape the infamous Alcatraz, the entire movie is partially based on true events. While not in the same league as Shawshank Redemption it' still rather enjoyable with great doze of suspense, definitely worth watching... 8/10

The Town - movie set in Charlestown, a part of Boston where bank robbery is pretty much a common sight. The Town deals with events after such bank robbery when Doug, mastermind behind several bank jobs, falls in love with one of his victims. I didn't really have much hope for this move seeing as it was made by Ben Affleck, a mediocre director and actor at best in my opinion, though I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The entire movie is written and executed rather well along with decent cast... 7/10

Chief Inspiring Officer Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Running Scared (2006) - IMDb
    Very suspenseful. I was on the edge of my seat. The language is harsh, tho. 9/10
    Last edited by Cyanist; 05-05-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Queen Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Crescent's Avatar

The Emperor's New Groove - A Walt Disney animation. One of my favourites and it never fails to crack me up. Sometimes I just like to have it playing in the background while I do other things. Keeps me in a cheery mood. David Spade is hilarious (as always).. I loved him in Just Shoot Me and he turned out to be an awesome voice actor as well. His Just Shoot me co star Wendy Malick (love her too!) is also in this movie voicing Pacha's wife. Kronk played by Patrick Warburton makes for great laughs too! Im a little girl at heart.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children COMPLETE in Japanese. Ive NEVER watched it in English. I dont intend to. Great fighting sequences! Not much story I'll admit but quite mesmerising to look at..The more I watch it..I swear the amount of detail they put in to each frame in that entire movie is fkng unbelievable. My favourite scenes are the battle scenes and in particular the ones with Vincent and Sephiroth and the scene at the end with beautiful Zack and that homewrecker.

Blog Entries

Totally less than three Goodfellas, TinTin, and Emperor's New Groove. Need to see Super and The Town Some time.

Just saw Bonnie and Clyde for the first time. The movie starts at a quicker pace than I feel is realistic (she meets him when he's checkin' out her mother's car, follows him to where he robs a store, and then wants to jump his bones as they're making their getaway.) The first half feels pretty light-hearted, even in light of Clyde shooting a guy in the face after a botched getaway. Then the second half gets kinda dark, with the inevitable conclusion. I read up on the subject afterward, and it seems pretty tragic to me that Bonnie Parker ended up with Clyde Barrow. She was one of the smartest students in her school, and she wrote poetry. Never killed anyone. Still, she was an accomplice to every wrongdoing of Clyde Barrow from 1932 to 1934. There is definite reason to believe that they weren't given fair warning before being filled up with 43 bullets, even a confession by one of their executioners. Here's a poem by Bonnie about her and him. Anyhoo, give the movie 9 out of 10. Classic. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

I watched 'Awakenings' Last night. Awesome top-notch work by De Niro. Very dramatic. 9/10

Clash of the Titans - Zeus's quite a prick according to this movie. While it's action packed and has some impressive CGI scenes I feel it didn't capture the essence of Greece mythology to it's fullest. 6/10

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Ritchie's version of Sherlock Holmes is simply, for lack of better word, brilliant as well as Robert's performance. A truly great movie featuring something for everyone, perhaps even better than the first one although many may disagree. 8/10

The Grey - I thought this movie might have potential to surpass The Edge, my favorite survivor movie, but no. It's still a good movie though that managed to frighten me on several occasions which is way more than majority of horror movies were able to do. 6/10

The Three Musketeers - It doesn't fare well on IMDB I'm afraid, although I found it to be rather enjoyable. Easy to watch, though most importantly a really fun movie with a decent cast. 6/10

Blog Entries

'The Natural' (with Robert Redford) It's kind of old, but I've only just recently watched this film. Though many ridiculous things take place, I think it's a lot better than the usual baseball-themed films. 7/10

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations pixergirl's Avatar

The last movie i watched was "127 Hours"

i was not looking forward to watching it at all, might i note, because my brother said he nearly threw up watching it, but i dared to do so anyway.
    I actually liked it though!
    it's very suspenseful and hits you hard like suckerpunch. I'd compare it to "Buried" just because it also follows a bunch of hours of some guy in a near-death situation.
    I liked it a lot better then buried though, because A) main character was played by James Franco (kudos, kudos) B) it wasn't as bleaaaaak C) it was based on a true story D) really messed with you on occasion but didn't disrespect you as a viewer U_U and um E)i liked how it ended. like. yeah. that's all. :F 6/10
    Last edited by pixergirl; 05-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

Man on a Ledge (2012) - personally, I found this movie to be rather exciting with well done story, I'm also a huge sucker for heist type of movies. The ending alone makes this movie worth watching, decent cast with one really hot lady (Genesis Rodriguez)... 8/10

Lucky Number Slevin (2006) - One of the best if not the best thriller movie I ever saw, I've seen it countless times and every time I see it I find it to be even better. Impressive cast to say the least, and as far as story goes... honestly, I can't think a proper word that would do it justice... last 10 minutes of this movie are pure gold... 10/10 (Huge recommendation to all those who haven't seen it yet)

the night man cometh Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Joxsjua's Avatar

Just came back from seeing Battleship... cool special effects, bad script. I have low expectations for all sci-fi/alien take over flicks but they should never be catered towards a "G"rating or w/e this was rated.
    I was really trying to enjoy this, but you just have to wait for the destruction scenes to get any excitement.
    Now that I think about it, there was this part where Rihanna gets punched 3-4 times in the face by one of the half-ton alien humanoid things and the only injury she sustained was a bloody lip(fully heals in 2-4 hours) ..I wonder if they were parodying the Chris Brown incidents? Bazzinga! 5/10 rating

editor additional note: why the heck would you invade a planet to eventually hand-to-hand combat with a 6-inch knife attached to your halo steezed out suit? It's worse than those horrible villains that have the chance to kill the hero but decide to stop, and talk to agent 007. At least those James Bond villains had projectile shooting weapons! Fist pump baby attack!..
    Last edited by Joxsjua; 05-26-2012 at 01:24 AM.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Just watched The Matrix Trilogy for the thousandth time. I will always recommend these films because the story is amazing, the characters are well written, and the action and effects were way ahead of their time (especially the first film). I always find Reloaded to be my favourite of the series, but that's not saying too much as all 3 are great. Even the third which got some fairly negative reviews. The final fight scene is phenominal.

Blog Entries

I recently watched "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid" It's a real classic. I loved the two main characters and their numerous, memorable arguments. 9/10
    SPOILER!!:
    Keep thinking, Butch, that's what your good at.

Crash Boom Bang Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Lily's Avatar

Shame

If youre going to watch it, dont watch it with a prude, the parentals or on a first (or even second or 3rd date) Its pretty rude. Its also really good. Especially when you get to see Michael Fassbenders willy within like, the first 30 seconds, and what a willy it is! All the shagging aside, its actually quite a good story, pretty shocking in parts, and Id recommend it to most mature adults. Or women (or men, if youre that way inclined) who fancy the pants of the fassbender.

9/10

Blog Entries

"The Green Lantern"

This is not a recommendation. I could not stand this film. It's stupidity is beyond my ability to describe. Someone should be hired to grab these people before they release such awful films, it would save us all some time. That said, it has some vaguely impressive CGI, which will be completely outdated before long, thereby rendering my rating as even lower than: 2/10

TFF's Token Imp Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dark Shadows is pretty good. Not what I expected having watched the TV series as a child but definitely darker than the trailer shows you. Couldn't take away Johnny Depp's accent because it's basically Sweeney Todd all over again. But that's Johnny for you. And it wouldn't be a Tim Burton film if Helena didn't pop up occasionally.. Still a solid 7/10 though and worth the price of admission.

Oh and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy again. And again.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

All evil will see the light Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Assassin's Avatar

The last movie I saw was Bad Teacher. It's an awesome movie, a bit weird at moments but the reason why I liked it was because of Cameron Diaz. She did an awesome job in being that slutty kind of person. It's a good movie and guys should watch it.

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Catalana's Avatar

The last one I saw is not a recent movie His name is " Apocalypto " and it takes place during the Mayan era, it's a good one moreover the the costumes and the sets were amazing for me The story-line is not one pretty well done and eccentric but it was amusing
    Otherwise, all the characters are talking Mayas ( so it's with subtitles ) and during the 1h and 30 mn there is only 15 minutes where there are no blood ! They are always fighting and killing someone xD It's funny but sometimes it's ... not very fun

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Blog Entries

Yesterday I re-watched "To Sir, With Love" Maybe it's because it's from a different era, one of silly teenagers who society labelled as hooligans, (wait until they see the obnoxiousness of this generation) that I was ill disposed toward the beginning, but surprisingly, after getting past the CG-lessness, and whole minutes of a blaring, sappy solo, I found a film with heart. That, decades after its release, still holds its meaning. Teenagers have been awful and always will be until someone takes the time to get through their hard coating to show them not just how to transcend their own immaturity, but to effectively handle life's future difficulties. 10/10

The King Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Tydis's Avatar

meet the spartans- funny it is a well classic and just out right funny although I don't approve of gangster pengiuns but still funny as hell.

chronicles-the dummest movie to ever released. daddy don't like you and you strike and kill your best friend with lightning and a bad ending through the stomach.

Avengers- no words...okay one "It needs a sequel "

Up- Hello master "SQUARREL"...lol

thats it for my line up.
    Tydis

I thank THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON because it wasn't for this game I would have never started playing FINAL FANTASY and discovered FINAL FANTASY X which is my favorite game I would be more than happy to put this pic as my signature.

Blog Entries

"Harry and the Hendersons" This movie is an old favorite of my family, so I've seen a few of the scenes many times over. It's...okay... I mean, I wouldn't recommend it or anything, it's too sappy for that. I really wasn't paying much attention at the time, I was desperate for some background noises as I practiced drawing. 4/10

Kiss with a fist. Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Dranzer's Avatar

Snow White & the Huntsman - It was okay. I had higher expectations because the trailer made it look pretty bad ass, but I found some parts drawn out and boring. Not to mention, they really could have picked a better actress for the part. Kristen Stewart just... she needs to go somewhere. However, the Evil Queen played by Charlize Theron was well done, indeed. Overall I'd give it a 6/10.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

TFF's Token Imp Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm watching Help! and it's downright bizarre, like most Beatles' movies are. But it doesn't mean that it's not entertaining or enjoyable. And the songs make it a true pop musical - unlike utter trash like Spiceworld for example. It's not A Hard Day's Night, but it still retains plenty of charm. 8/10
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

All evil will see the light Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Assassin's Avatar

Dark Shadows. It was good. I expected it to be really really funny but I had fun watching it.
    21 Jump Street. Oh man! I loved this movie. It was really funny and awesome. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum did an awesome job.

This Means War - romantic comedies, not really my type of movies, this one though is rather good. Rivalry between Foster and Tuck felt kinda real, there were few scenes that genuinely made laugh... 6/10.

My sister got this urge to watch comic book movies (you have no idea how proud I am considering the kind of garbage she usually sees) which was also a good excuse to watch some of them myself again. We've seen Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 so far, I'm shocked at how much more I enjoyed Thor this time around.

Solemn Soul

Your Highness: It was a good movie but it wasn't that funny as I expected when I saw the cast. James Franco did a good job.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations ZantetsukeN's Avatar

This Is Spinal Tap was the last one. I have seen it so many times, and laugh at it every time. It is truly one of the greatest comedy films ever made, without being over the top like many of today comedy films. It's also probably one of the cleverest films ever written too. 10/10

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Rowan's Avatar

God Bless America

Its hard to talk about this movie without spoiling anything. Its a movie about a man that has lost everything and hates the world around him and begins to go on a shooting spree. He cannot stand what America has become. A nation that finds entertainment in the humiliation of others (lame american idol contestants) people that are praised for being ignorant, loud, self centered etc. All of this is explained in the movie in such a way that you could relate to how this man is feeling. The movie does an excellent job of getting you to understand the personality of the main character which allows you to immerse yourself in a world that isnt so far from reality.

Its a dark comedy and I would give it 6/10. It wasn't bad, but it wasnt spectacular either. It was like a decent game with no replay value. I dont think I'd watch it again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast