Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Chief Inspiring Officer Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Warm bodies It's an imaginative mix between the zombie and romance genres. I liked the humor and the action, and I especially liked the main character, his issues seemed all too familiar. Also John Malkovich's character was well-played. Even though the whole thing was loosely based off a familiar story, I think they did an awesome job.

Identity A true psychological thriller. A MUST WATCH!!!! I'm definitely gonna watch this one again!

Once upon a time in Mexico Antonio Banderas was captivating! Johnny Depps character was
    SPOILER!!:
    a little weird at first, but turned out to be awesome!
    I liked the style, I liked everything.

The Big Hit OMG! Great comedy - stunning action scenes - the predicaments!
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I went and saw The Conjuring last Wednesday, and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. I wanted to see at least one horror movie this year, and I'm glad I picked that one.

It had some pretty good scary moments, but now and then it was more humorous than scary (like, it would cause shock, and then the whole cinema burst out laughing with how ridiculous it was).

If you can, see it at the cinema when it's busy. If not, definitely give it a rent! Better than The Woman in Black.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Mystyrion Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    I went and saw Thor 2 the other day.
    Not a huge fan of Super Hero movies and thought it was a decent movie.
    Most of what kept me into the movie was the humor though.

Loved Loki at the end haha.

Chief Inspiring Officer Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey Awesome!!!! I can't wait to watch the second part. I totally thought it was gonna be a kid's film! (why did you think that, gollum, gollum? Cuz I read the book, precious!) Ah! I liked Gandalf, I liked Bilbo, I liked the dialog, the characters, the costumes, the effects, the battle scenes, pretty much everything. I also liked that a few of the details were tweaked to make the flow of the story more plausible. Why DID Gandalf leave the dwarves long enough to get in trouble with those trolls?
    SPOILER!!:
    because he was angry at Thorin for refusing to visit the elves, duh! Genius!
    Ahem, pretty much awesome.

I watched The Boondock Saints it is really good, I think everyone should watch it. It's funny, it's cool, interesting predicaments and not too complicated. I was kind of annoyed at that brief nudity, but... oh, well.

"my destiny evades me" Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations magewarrior's Avatar

Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Finished watching Despicable Me 2 and Fast and the Furious 6.

Despicable Me 2 : loved it, very funny and entertaining. Can't help but laugh at the mischief the minions get themselves into. Steve Carell embodies this villainous and softie character we grew to love from the first film. A good watch

Fast and the Furious 6 : r.i.p Paul Walker. Great film, probably the best in the franchise yet. Lots of action, fast cars, and over the top physics. Never stops not even for just a second. Very entertaining. Loved it.

Queen Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Crescent's Avatar
    I just remembered that Id watched Non Stop at the theatre the other week Altho this movie was comparable to Neeson's other flicks (except for Taken - which set a higher bar), the premise in this flick was a little weak. However, this was still worth the watch and Liam Neeson just knocks it out of the park again. Seeing him at his age still able (and believable) in doing thriller/action flicks is amazing <3Liam. Intense thriller with a nice amount of action and it kept you guessing till the end. 3.5/5 stars Julianne Moore also does a great job in her role and the supporting cast as well.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar
    300: Rise of an Empire - it's inferior to its predecessor in almost every way imaginable, unnecessary sequel if you ask me. It lacks epicness original 300 has, inferior cast, noticeably weaker dialogue, not a single memorable line, the likes of "This is Sparta" or "Tonight we dine in hell". The blood looked so fake it was laughable. Seeing as David Wenham was back to reprise his role he should have narrated it as well. That being said I did enjoy it for what it was, a solid action flick, though overall more on a level of Immortals than 300... 6/10

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar
    Let's see now, where to begin...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - miles ahead of the first one if I may say so, which I enjoyed as well for what it's worth. It's more a political thriller than a superhero movie and that's in this case a good thing. As someone who reads comic books a lot I already knew identity of the Winter Soldier, it did not hinder the overall experience though as it was all presented rather well. Great action scenes, they finally made Captain America a true badass. Tons of easter eggs Love the after credits scene, Quicksilver is next to Magneto and Cable my favorite mutant, can't wait for AOU. Easily one of the best Marvel movies to date... 9/10 Hail Hydra!

RoboCop (2014) - not quite a remake, more a different take on Robocop. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. They focused more on certain themes, some of which they managed to pull off I feel like morality of it all, and less on action which was disappointing for a fan of original one. No piggy squeal though. Overall, it was surprisingly enjoyable... 6/10

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - mixed feeling right here. Electro is probably the best part of the movie, love the appearance, his theme and the sound he creates is awesome, and the fact that you can actually somewhat sympathize with him. I enjoyed most of the humor. Great action scenes and CGI. I can't believe I'll say this but 3D wasn't half that bad either. On the other hand friendship between Peter and Harry was rushed to say the least. The infamous scene with Gwen Stacy, which I already knew about, didn't do anything for me. No after credits scene, unless you count that X-Men promo, overall it felt like one huge tease for Sinister Six... 7/10

The Conjuring - as someone who finds most horror movies utterly laughable I must say I was pleasantly surprised by The Conjuring. The first half of the movie was simply superb, the intrigue, mystery, tense atmosphere, it had me on my toes and actually managed to scare me few times. Sadly, the second half of the movie isn't as strong, usual horror nonsense. Still, a pretty good movie... 7.5/10

Looking at some of my old scores, I'm way too generous.

I'll be seeing Godzilla on friday, read lots of not so good things about it, perhaps I should lower my expectations.

Son of Batman- It was much better than I expected 3-4/5.

!!! SPOILERS !!!

I felt Deathstroke shouldve been better hes kinda a pu**y in this movie sry. It could of been longer tho and I felt it needed more Nightwing as he and Damien have a really interesting relationship in the comics but its to be expected that film adaptations dont follow their sources to a T. To those that don't follow the comics, they DID kill Damian(rather brutally), but as part of the Al Ghul lineage, he'll be back via the lazarus pit, it's just all a question of when I guess. I can see me prefer this animated Batman movie over my favourite "Under the Red Hood" on an odd day only because its less heavy. Damian is the epitome of a lil badass/lil shit. Killer Croc and Nightwing<3 were fantastic. Loved the Joker<3 and Two-face cameos. It's a lil hard not to be envious of Tahlia(I like her), I wish I could have Batman... at least for one night *giggles*

A few of my favourite lines:

"Nice meal. Vegan..?? They say eating meat can make a person savage" I had a good chuckle.

"You should've told your playmate. I'm the only one who can bite you.." is something I would say to my beloved, if I had one lol

"Maybe you need more anaesthetic.."
    "And maybe you need to go ffu...
    "MASTER D!CK!"
    I dont care if Damien is blood, D!CK is more of a son to Batman than any other in the batman family#personal

^_^

All in all, regardless of my dislike for him, they did a pretty good job introducing Damian to the DC world in this.

Maleficent 8.5/10 - Great movie, I felt it was really underrated. Jolie does a great job.

How to train your dragon 2: 9/10 - never saw the first movie, but loved this one. Enough to make me go rent the first

Consistently Average Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    22 Jump Street 8/10

Great movie that didn't take itself too seriously, and showed that a modern comedy doesn't have to be crass in order to be funny (although there are some pretty funny ones out there), but still it was a nice change. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are a really great combo and they both had very funny moments.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

My net was down for several days so I've seen some movies to kill boredom.

2 Guns - It's full of cliches, though still extremely enjoyable. The chemistry between Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington was pretty good. Mark Wahlberg made me chuckle a lot, he was surprisingly a better half in this movie... 6.5/10

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Not quite as good as I thought it would be. It's a lot more action packed, emotional scenes did not have the same impact on me as the ones in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It did not have that oscar worthy scene as in Rise of the Planet of the Apes when Caesar says no. The 3D is even worse than in Prometheus, and that's saying something. On the other hand CGI looks spectacular. It's not as straightforward as I initially thought, this time around you actually somewhat sympathize with humans. For the most part the cast did a pretty good job, and as always Andy Serkis is brilliant at what he does... 7.5/10

Need for Speed - This meme right here perfectly sums up how I feel about Need for Speed...

Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations-87u-mrw-my-friend-said-he-could-post-about-anything-reddit-get-gold-jpg

... I usually don't look for much logic in my movies but goddamn Need for Speed is ridiculously absurd. Who wrote this script, how can you **** up a video game based film about racing cars this badly. The entire final act makes no sense whatsoever, why do cops have a death wish, or even want to plain murder all those drivers. I mean if this was so illegal why not just go after the founder of this race, every fool and his mother are watching his stream. Aaron Paul did a solid job, but everyone else was cringe worthy bad, especially Imogen Poots... 4/10

Non-Stop - Usual Liam Neeson stuff by now, although less action. I feel they missed an opportunity to do a proper twist... 6/10

Snowpiercer - Not sure why I picked this up, but I'm sure as hell glad I did. While nothing new the premise is still interesting, and as it goes on it all becomes rather shocking and twisted. Snowpiercer is a testament that Chris Evans really grew as an actor in these last few years. Snowpiercer is most definitely one of the most pleasant surprises this year... 8/10

The Great Gatsby - While not the best performance by Leonardo DiCaprio it's still pretty good. They did a pretty good job at setting up Gatsby himself. The overall style and flare of the movie deserves a praise. I only wish it was more of a mystery and intrigue and less a love story, same goes for the novel I guess... 7/10

Can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy next week.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10 - Hilarious, great building/ship/clothing designs, some great action scenes, story though however felt worthless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by C:/Dille.Run View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10 - story though however felt worthless to me.
    How the **** did you rate it 8 out of 10 then ??? ???

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Firstly, The amazing Spiderman, have to disagree with everybody elses reviews of this, i felt it was more disappointing in most parts. From what i was expecting from seeing the trailers was a darker version of the previous Spidermans and going back to the actual Spidey that use the web cartridges etc

So what did i get?
    Spoiler:
    The same story being told yet again, it was pretty much the same as Spiderman 1 except worse, The villan (The croc) just done nothing but remind me of the green goblin from the first one.
    1. Scientist desperately trying to make a break through in their field of expertise.
    2. Scientist uses himself as the human test subject in a desperate act to speed up his work process so he doesn't lose it all.
    3. Scientists test works but with drastic side effects, both of them developing a malevolent split personality, both end up arguing with themselves.

And then we have the cheese, I'm sorry but the cheese in this movie was OTT, and not in a good way, they took me out of the thrall the movie had for me to say under my breath "Ah for fook sake" and i hate when a movie does that, Thats where i think Raimi shined, his cheesey scenes/lines were bang on the nail for the spideyverse and were actually humourous in most parts.

For an example of the crap scenes im referring too, ill just say cranes....Nearly walked out of the theater at that part...

Now the one thing ill say was spot on, was the acting. Loved the whole cast pretty much except Denis Leary, i just hate that guy though, joke stealing undeserving fame mofo!

I disliked it mostly as ive seen it before, lets hope the next one sees us with new scenes and not just another rehash of the "old" Spiderman..Frankly i think they should have held off on this reboot for another 10-15 years atleast as in my opinion it took ALOT away from the movie..

I never got to nitpick your opinion on The Amazing Spider-Man, primarily first few points, and after seeing it again recently I feel "obligated" to do so...

- It's not even funny how many comic book villains your first few lines summarize. It's a comic book thing, really. As for Lizard being similar to Green Goblin, I don't see it. In all honesty, both as a person and a villain Curt Connors shares far more resemblance with Dr. Otto Octavius, both in comics and film. Everything Norman Osborn did, both as a person and a villain, was purely out of selfish reasons, totally opposite to Curt Connors. You could say Curt Connors was desperate to save his own arm and nothing more, thus in a way being selfish himself, but as you see later that's not really the case. Even as a Lizard he was bent on saving humanity in it's own twisted way by making all humans equal, without deformities, arguably even better. Not to mention he actually somewhat redeemed himself. Curt Connors's conection to, and relationship with Peter Parker is vastly different as well. As for your, I assume, Killer Croc refrence, comic book Lizard actually had shorter snout at first, it was only later in comics that his appearance changed into what most people know him as.

Aside somewhat similar origin, not just between these two, but dozen comic book villains I know at least, Lizard and Green Goblin are in nature and motives different villains, same goes for their alter egos.

While these two movies are indeed similar The Amazing Spider-Man goes into far more detail regarding nearly everything, including the origin story and setting path for future films. Not to mention it's far more faithful to its original source, taking best of both Ultimate and original comics, thus as a comic book fan I apreciate it a lot more. That being said both movies have nothing on Raimi's Spider-Man 2 even though part of it did not age well.

All three points i made happened to both in both movies, they could have tackled the whole thing differently, but no they handled it the same and to me both movies felt the very similar.

How about having Doc Connors investors get impatient with him and try kill him in a lab accident to cover up loses but it ends up his formula "works" and boom! Total different scenario to first movie (which i just made up in about a minute of thinking), but no they have him getting cut off (Like Norman was) and then he goes mad and tests it on himself (Like Norman did) and then he spends time talking to himself (Like Norman did).. I myself would have preferred if they went with a different villain and not have a story play out to feel like the story in Raimi's first Spiderman.

Faithful to the source material? Gwen and Peter don't meet in highschool, but then again im sure there is probably some rebooted comic where she does, but MJ has always been Peters first and constant love interest. And the uncle Ben scene plays out pretty much the same, So its not exactly more faithful, the only different thing they did cover which they didnt in the first movies was the parents side story, which to me is a sidestory they could do without, or atleast handled it more vaguely to when they wanted to go into that story in more depth, it takes up far too much screen time in the second one and made them rush the ending.

What i will say is Garfield is a better Parker/Spideyman and the chemistry between Gwen and him is good, however i feel she should have been MJ and not Gwen.

Not true. Mary Jane may be a more popular character, but Gwen Stacy was in fact his first love, his first girlfriend. No, they did not originally meet in high school, they met in college, huge difference I guess.

Curt Connors and Norman Osborn went through similar procedure with different intentions which resulted into two completely different villains, both appearance and personality wise. Similar origin story, true, but two different villains in nature and motives, as comic book-y as it gets, really. I would have went with Lizard as well, one of the earliest (had first appearance before even Green Goblin), most personal and one of the most popular Spider-Man villains ever, aside Green Goblin, no other villain would suffice for a first movie.

And yes, it is a lot more faithful to its original source, starting with Peter Parker and Spider-Man himself. Even Lizard is more faithful to its original version compared to Raimi's Green Goblin, appearance wise foremost. Then there are tons of small details, no Raimi film can match the amount of easter eggs and references featured in The Amazing Spider-Man.

As for his parents, they do play a huge role in both original comics and the Ultimate universe, I'm actually glad they did not ignore this fact, another reason really why The Amazing Spider-Man is more faithful to its source.

Gwen dies first in the comics.

Gwen was first.

Gwen > MJ
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

How the **** did you rate it 8 out of 10 then ??? ???

Doesn't always need to have a in depth plot that gets my mind ticking to enjoy the flick. It's humor and good action scenes kept me entertained enough to not care about the crappy villain and shallow plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Not true. Mary Jane may be a more popular character, but Gwen Stacy was in fact his first love, his first girlfriend. No, they did not originally meet in high school, they met in college, huge difference I guess.

Curt Connors and Norman Osborn went through similar procedure with different intentions which resulted into two completely different villains, both appearance and personality wise. Similar origin story, true, but two different villains in nature and motives, as comic book-y as it gets, really. I would have went with Lizard as well, one of the earliest (had first appearance before even Green Goblin), most personal and one of the most popular Spider-Man villains ever, aside Green Goblin, no other villain would suffice for a first movie.

And yes, it is a lot more faithful to its original source, starting with Peter Parker and Spider-Man himself. Even Lizard is more faithful to its original version compared to Raimi's Green Goblin, appearance wise foremost. Then there are tons of small details, no Raimi film can match the amount of easter eggs and references featured in The Amazing Spider-Man.

As for his parents, they do play a huge role in both original comics and the Ultimate universe, I'm actually glad they did not ignore this fact, another reason really why The Amazing Spider-Man is more faithful to its source.
    Ok fair enough on the Gwen stuff, i didnt read many Spidey comics so i dont really know much about Gwen, (i didnt have a problem with the Gwen/Spidey parts at all really, just thought she came in the college years and MJ was a constant through highschool, they were the only things that were fresh/different) but with regards to the Doc Connors comments, im not saying his motives were the same, infact i havent said that at all, im saying how Spidey1 and the amazing spidey1 played out were very very similar as movies with regards to scene for scene. It felt like i was watching the same movie again in that regard, and i feel they should have atleast tried to make it different. If they went with a different villain it would have been better, Mysterio or kingpin and we would have had a much different film and it wouldnt have felt the same..

Doesn't always need to have a in depth plot that gets my mind ticking to enjoy the flick. It's humor and good action scenes kept me entertained enough to not care about the crappy villain and shallow plot.
    It bloody does if you're giving it an 8, the plot is the most important part when telling a story, C'mon!!

I felt that the new Spidermans movies were going to be like the originals so I didn't bother watching.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Gwen dies first in the comics.

Gwen was first.

Gwen > MJ
    Silver age of comic books met its end with Gwens death, or so they say. I prefer Mary Jane myself, but Gwen Stacy clearly had bigger impact on Spider-Man.

Ok fair enough on the Gwen stuff, i didnt read many Spidey comics so i dont really know much about Gwen, (i didnt have a problem with the Gwen/Spidey parts at all really, just thought she came in the college years and MJ was a constant through highschool, they were the only things that were fresh/different) but with regards to the Doc Connors comments, im not saying his motives were the same, infact i havent said that at all, im saying how Spidey1 and the amazing spidey1 played out were very very similar as movies with regards to scene for scene. It felt like i was watching the same movie again in that regard, and i feel they should have atleast tried to make it different. If they went with a different villain it would have been better, Mysterio or kingpin and we would have had a much different film and it wouldnt have felt the same..
    Kingpin has always been more of a Daredevil villain, I'm not even sure Sony owns film rights to Kingpin, he's most probably Marvels property as of recently seeing as they got Daredevil back, it's all confusing to be honest. I never liked Mysterio, there's not much to him, I would rather see Kraven the Hunter, one of few villains that actually bested Spider-Man.

I feel exactly the same about The Avengers. Despite its shallow story it has a pretty great cast, awesome characters with great chemistry between them, superb interaction as well, great humor and action scenes, memorable score and so on, all of which more than makes up for its story.

It bloody does if you're giving it an 8, the plot is the most important part when telling a story, C'mon!!
    Thats only a B- on a grade scale, meaning (to me anyways) slightly above average. Would a 7.5 be more fitting? I'm in the minority here giving it a 8 while its got a 92% Critic and 98% Audience on RT.
    I guess worthless isn't a good way to put it, perhaps not as noticeable as the humor and action scenes do a good job of hiding what isn't there.

Bananarama Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy on Sunday. I absolutely loved it. Granted, I didn't know much of anything on the series' background, so I literally had a blank slate in terms of the story and what to expect.

I thought it worked well to establish who the characters were and who the major players in the series were. I also loved the humor and the general concept of the film as well. It really reminded me of Mass Effect in terms of the visuals and whatnot, which is also a plus.

You also have to take into account that this is the first movie in a series, so they have to introduce everything and everyone while also having some semblance of a plot. I'm sure future movies will work to further establish the characters.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Mad God Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Lucy 3/10. Don't waste your money. In addition to its plot being based on a popular myth with no basis in reality, the plot was pretty thin. It's like they had a decent idea, got all their footage, realized it was only about 12 minutes long, and then decided to just get a bunch of Asians with guns to fill up the rest of the time. Very poorly executed. Would not recommend.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Same as Pete, I had little to no knowledge on Guardians of the Galaxy, I honestly didn't know what to expect, the trailer looked cool, I mean there's a raccoon with a machine gun after all, and after finally seeing it I must say the praise is more than well deserved.

I don't remember the last time I had this much fun watching a movie, it's genuinely funny and emotional, I will go as far as to say Guardians of the Galaxy is a film with a heart and a soul. The cast did a pretty good job, even Bautista who I thought would be the weakest link, he is by the way, managed to surprise me in a pleasant way. Seeing Thanos again was awesome, although he looks bit weird. Ronan is just another basic villain, though he's better than Malekith, so there's that.

The score is really, really catchy.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a visual beauty, seeing it on an extreme sreen made it that much better, even 3D was to my surprise pretty great. The after credits scene was bit disappointing, I'm well aware of the character it pays homage to it just wasn't all that well done. Marvel's on a roll here, I never thought I would say this, but Guardians of the Galaxy is along with Captain America: The Winter Soldier the best Marvel movie to date, in my opinion of course... 9/10

Skyfall - One of finer Bond movies for sure. Javier Bardem is genuinely creepy, he played a memorable villain. Daniel Craig is pretty good as well, my second favorite Bond after Sean Connery. They went into Bonds origin in this one, which is great, although I'm more of a fan of that theory that Bond is just a code name which sadly doesn't seem to be true. One thing I did mind though, is the all so sudden transformation from being completely vulnerable to a killing machine. That major death scene at the end was also poorly acted and executed... 7.5/10

Top Secret! - I decided to see this movie after seeing all those hilarious gifs related to it being used all around the net. It's okay, I guess. Not the best slapstick comedy I've seen. The first half of it is rather weak. I did get a few decent laughs out of it in the end... 6/10

The Grave Dancers - Had some friends over earlier so i decided on this movie for us to watch taking into consideration that they dont like anything too scary. The movie is basically about a group of stupid friends who make the mistake of dancing on some graves during a celebratory wake after a friend’s funeral. Soon after they’re each being tormented by the souls they’ve disrespected. Some creepy images and a few jump scares, but all rather tame from my end. Overall score:6.5/10 The ending got super retarded. Worth a one-time watch.

&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;my destiny evades me&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations magewarrior's Avatar

Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Live. Die. Repeat. (aka Edge of Tomorrow) 9.5/10; I think Tom Cruise hit a home run with this one. Was a bit of a risk to start off with being based off a manga. But it was well executed and everyone looked like they had a fun time putting it together. A bit of a mind bender with time travel involved. I had fun watching it

The Taking of Deborah Logan - If you’re a horror fan like myself, it’s much better than most of the other possession films in the genre and worth a watch. 7.5-8/10 My main tiff with the film is that I walked away from it feeling like something was missing. But you get one of the most badass persons in a horror movie -Sarah Logan- I aspire to be her if ever shit like that goes down and one of the smartest -Gavin- haha.

*I was inspired to watch this movie based solely on (WARNING/SPOILER ALERT: Do not click on the following link if you don't do gore and body horror) this gif.

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Rowan's Avatar
    Totoro. I was smiling for about 1 hour after watching this film.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast