Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Registered User Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Melsaphim's Avatar

Re: Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Prometheus

This was the last film i saw, me and the girlfriend went to see it at the cinema. I was really excited as it was a 'prequel' to the alien films but she's never seen any of the alien films. Now she can't wait to watch them all with me when i get my blu-ray set for my birthday so it must be a good film if it can grab her attention and make her want to see the rest of the tale.

Overall the film was great, the graphics were amazing as to be expected for a big film like this and the story took some very different turns from what i was expecting, though i will try not to ruin anything for those who haven't seen it yet. The alien designs were not quite what i expected from the other films although good in their own regard. The final scene pulled it all together for me pesonally though. This is a good film i could easily recommend, even to those who have no previous knowledge of the alien franchise as being a 'prequel' the story is setting itself rather than relying on you to have any prior knowledge to understand most of what is going on. I did however find that knowing the back story from the other films helped me figure things out alot quicker than i may have done otherwise.

I give Prometheus a 9/10 simply because as amazing as the film was, and trust me it was, i found it too slow in the first half, too fast in the second half where some points seemed to rush by when i would of preferred a little more explanation into them perhaps. oh well here is hoping for more Alien films ^.^

Chief Inspiring Officer Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cinderella Man. I absolutely recommend this one, such a good boxing film. I admit, from the cover and title I expected some girly film to follow, however, *PLUS!* it turned out to be my-kinda-movie! Good One! 9/10
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Registered User Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

Tim Burton's Ed Wood.

Fantastic movie. Good on Mr. Burton for making a biopic of "Hollywood's worst director" and treating him with respect. Makes you feel kind of inspired too with how much Edward D. Wood, Jr. loved making films and how he helped Bela Legosi feel wanted again.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

Earlier today (or I guess yesterday now) I went and saw "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." And it was ridiculous and over the top, as one might well expect. The screenwriter for this movie (who also wrote the book, which I read last summer) called it a "B-Movie." It was entertaining and action packed. However, still a bit of a disappointment. Having read the book, I was expecting a lot more from the story. They've changed and omitted a lot, including key characters and sections of the story. The book did a pretty good job of more or less following history whilst twisting the actual facts to include vampires, whereas this movie was kinda like "Fuck it, we're doing whatever we want." Things are very simplified. That said, it more or less delivers on what it's supposed to be, like I said. So long as you keep in mind that it knows how ridiculous its premise is, and it decided to run with it as far as it could anyway, you should be able to enjoy it. Even get a few chuckles at how absurd it is. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

Black Swan.
    I seriously have little to say about this film.
    Creepy and often indecent. Not usually what I get from ballet *hmm* Good acting. For that, I'd give it 7/10, but I'm not much for these weird films, I left it feeling: "WHAT!?!" so for the lack of enjoyment factor, 3/10

All evil will see the light Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Assassin's Avatar

30 minutes or less: Ahhh I loved this movie. It was so funny. It really made my day.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    Cinderella Man.9/10
    Almost any movie Russell Crowe is in is bound to a be a good movie.
    Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, American Gangster. All amazing movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    Black Swan. 3/10
    I have been recommended to watch this film over and over. Not sure why I haven't picked up on it yet. But you're the first person I've seen give it such a low score :/

As for me
    Cashback - Just one of those films I happened to stumble upon Netflix. You can always find a diamond in the rough with Netflix.
    I felt it did a rather good job of showing that nudity can be constructive towards something like art, rather than just being a addiction for pleasure.
    Its a rather interesting film, involving time freezing, a love story, and some general humor.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    God Bless America

Its hard to talk about this movie without spoiling anything. Its a movie about a man that has lost everything and hates the world around him and begins to go on a shooting spree. He cannot stand what America has become. A nation that finds entertainment in the humiliation of others (lame american idol contestants) people that are praised for being ignorant, loud, self centered etc. All of this is explained in the movie in such a way that you could relate to how this man is feeling. The movie does an excellent job of getting you to understand the personality of the main character which allows you to immerse yourself in a world that isnt so far from reality.

Its a dark comedy and I would give it 6/10. It wasn't bad, but it wasnt spectacular either. It was like a decent game with no replay value. I dont think I'd watch it again.
    I found it to be a lot of fun, one of the best comedies I've seen recently. It touches some serious issues regarding todays television and people in general in rather fun and hilarious way... it's a 7/10 movie for me.

Good Will Hunting - one of those classics I missed out on, well, not quite. I've seen it before, though until now I could only recall bits and pieces. A definite must see, movie that lived up to it's hype as far as I'm concern. Will's struggle, uncertainty and inability to decide what to do with his life was well done, love his somewhat strange yet funny at times relationship with his psychiatrist, Sean... 8/10 (recommendation)

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Movies are my second interest next to video games. I know it's supposed to be the last movie I saw, but I will post my recommendations after.

The Confession

The plot revolves around a hitman (Kiefer Sutherland - known simply as "The Confessor") and a priest (John Hurt) discussing good and evil in a confessional on a snowy night. The confessor tells the priest that he has killed many people and he is not sorry for it, because they deserved to die. He also states that he will kill tonight, unless the priest hears his confession. At first the priest refuses to be involved in the confessor's game, but after the confessor threatens the lives of the priest's congregation, he agrees to hear him out.

I refuse to give out more information on this movie, as it was simply one of the best films I've seen in my entire life. It was originally a web-series by Kiefer Sutherland, but can be found on DvD in stores. I recommend trying to find this rare movie in full, or simply try finding the web-series online. Whatever you do; I guarantee you will appreciate this film.

Other Recommendations:

1) RAMPART -

Dave Brown (Woody Harrelson) is a Los Angeles police officer who works out of the Rampart Division. Dave is misogynistic, racist, brutally violent, egotistical and a womanizer, although he defends himself against many of these accusations as he says that his hate is equal opportunity. However unlawful, he uses intimidation and brutal force to defend his ideals. The most notorious of his actions is purportedly murdering a suspected serial date rapist, which is why he has been given the nickname "Date Rape Dave". He lives with two of his ex-wives - sisters Barbara (Cynthia Nixon) and Catherine (Anne Heche) - in an effort to keep family together, namely his two daughters, Helen (Brie Larson) and Margaret (Sammy Boyarsky), who each have a different sister as their mother. Dave still maintains a sexual relationship with both sisters - whenever the mood suits any of them - while he openly has other sexual relationships. His life is put under a microscope after he is caught on video brutally beating a person with who he got into an automobile crash...

2) The Chronicles of Riddick Trilogy -

PITCH BLACK -

The space transport vessel "Hunter-Gratzner" carrying 40 people on-board crashes on a desert planet when the ship is struck in a meteor storm. There are only 12 survivors, among them are pilot Carolyn Fry (Radha Mitchell) (Who has assumed command after the ship's captain is killed), bounty hunter William J. Johns (Cole Hauser), religious man Abu Al-Walid (Keith David), Antiques dealer Paris P. Ogilvie, runaway teenager Jack (Rhiana Griffith), settlers John 'Zeke' Ezekiel and his lover Sharon 'Shazza' Montgomery (Claudia Black) and Richard B. Riddick (Vin Diesel), a dangerous escaped convict. Marooned, the 10 survivors finds the barren and hot desert-scape has sunlight from three suns. Not only they find food and water, and worry about Riddick, the survivors find themselves being hunted by the planet's flesh-eating alien inhabitants, when the planet is engulfed in darkness, which happens every 22 years, as they come out on to the surface to hunt and eat all signs of life...

DARK FURY -

This story opens with the new action hero and the two other survivors of Pitch Black already caught by a giant spaceship filled with dread. The sinewy leader has a unique--and creepy--jail for master villains and she has her sights set on Riddick (Vin Diesel). And Jack (Rhiana Griffith) as they cross paths with a ship of body hunters and are brought on board. The captain of the ship, Chillingsworth has an interesting hobby - she captures wanted criminals and makes living statues of them.

CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK -

Riddick (Vin Diesel), now a hunted man, finds himself in the middle of two opposing forces in a major crusade. Lord Marshal (Colm Feore), a warrior priest who is the leader of a sect that is waging the tenth and perhaps final crusade 500 years in the future. Aereon (Judie Dench), an ambassador from the Elemental race. She is an ethereal being who helps Riddick unearth his origins.

3) STATESIDE -

An adventurous romantic drama about a high-school rich kid serving in the Marine Corps to avoid jail, and a schizophrenic actress, whose career is crashing. Mark Deloach (Jonathan Tucker) lands in the Marine Corps and meets Dori Lawrence (Rachael Leigh Cook) before shipping out. Mark and Dori are a perfect match of misfits introduced by a friend, Sue Dubois (Agnes Bruckner), whose mother is suing Mark. Dori has left the bright lights of Hollywood to fix her life and mental illness, while at boot camp, Drill Instructor Skeer ( Val Kilmer) is on a mission not only to train Mark, but to make a man out of the rebellious teenager. The two outcast lovers, with more than a dose of humor, cling to their romance in spite of obstacles from authorities and circumstances which stand in their way.

4) COURAGEOUS -

I'm not a big religion person, but this movie was really moving.

Four men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they face danger every day. Yet when tragedy strikes close to home, these fathers are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, and their faith. From this struggle will come a decision that changes all of their lives. With action, drama, and humor, the fourth film from Sherwood Pictures embraces God's promise to "turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers." Souls will be stirred, and hearts will be challenged to be ... courageous!

5) HARDWIRED -

After a tragic accident claims the lives of Luke Gibson's (Gooding Jr.) wife and unborn child, he is left with critical injuries and complete amnesia. A new technological breakthrough from the Hexx Corporation - a Psi-Comp Implant that's hardwired into Luke's brain - saves his life, but Luke soon finds out that this new technology comes with a price and that the Hexx Corporation harbors sinister plans for the new device. With the help of new allies, Luke tries to recover the memories of his past while uncovering the Hexx Corporation's true motives.

6) DOUBLE IDENTITY -

An American doctor, Dr. Nicholas Pinter (Val Kilmer), working in Chechnya for Doctors Beyond Borders, is mistakenly identified as a secret agent by the Russian mob. He escapes a close brush with death and then rescued by the British Secret Service and a beautiful but mysterious woman named Katrine (Izabella Miko). His life dramatically changes when he helps this mysterious woman escape from her would-be assailant.

7) COLUMBUS DAY -

A thief (Val Kilmer) tries to fix the damage done during the biggest heist of his career.

8) THE SAINT -

Simon Templar (Val Kilmer) has no real family, no real home and Simon Templar isn't even his real name. Yet Simon Templar , also known as the Saint for his use of creating false identities using the names of Catholic saints,is one of the world's most successful thieves. Slick, debonair and a master of disguise, Simon manages to outwit the police again and again. On his next job Simon is hired by the Russian Mafia to steal a cold fusion energy formula from scientist Emma Russel (Elisabeth Shue), however the mission backfires as he falls for the pretty, intelligent scientist. Simon and his new love must now manage to outwit the Russian Mafia and work out the energy formula before the worst happens and the US is affected forever.

9) FELON -

The family man Wade Porter (Stephen Dorff) is living the American Dream with his girlfriend Laura (Marisol Nichols) and their son Michael: they have a nice house, he has just raised a loan to make his company grow and they are going to get married. However their dream becomes a nightmare when Wade unintentionally kills a burglar that had broken into their house in the middle of the night on his lawn. He is sent to trial and accepts a deal proposed by the prosecutor, being sentenced to three years in prison. During the transportation, there is an incident in the bus and Wade is framed and sent to the maximum security wing under the command of the corrupt Lieutenant Jackson (Harold Perrineau). His cell-mate John Smith (Val Kilmer) that was sentenced to life revenging the death of his family befriends Wade and gives helpful advices and hope to Wade to return to his family.

10) KILL THE IRISHMAN -

The true story of Danny Greene, an impoverished but charismatic young Irish-American who rises to power as president of longshoreman's local and is charged with corruption but evades serious jail time by becoming an FBI informant. With fearless nerve he joins forces with a Mafia gangster to rise to power in Cleveland's underworld, gaining the reputation of a Robin Hood figure and a man with nine lives as he escapes countless assassination attempts.

I have more if interested, LOL!
    "Impressive. Most Impressive."

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Finally got round to going to see Prometheus, and it was fantastic. Being a big fan of the Alien franchise, I went in wondering how this film will pull off what it was expected to do. It really did deliver. The story is enough to get anyone into it, and everything was pulled off nicely, despite the film having some very large holes in the plot. However, these can be potentially filled with another film.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Sci-fi and horror, and especially for fans of Alien. I think this film is more appeciated if you watch Alien first however. So for the story, but large holes to be explored (hopefully) on a later date, I score it a 8.5/10.

Prometheus was great and this is coming from somebody who has never really been a big fan of Sci-fi and the Alien movies. All though I am not entirely convinced I followed the History Channels Ancient Aliens series and have read several other theories and it seems to tie in with them a lot.

Kiss with a fist. Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Dranzer's Avatar

I just saw Brave on Friday, it's my new favorite Disney and Pixar animation film. The story was really cute with some nice humor. Pixar definitely did a great job with their first film with a female main character (I believe this was actually their first "princess" movie); it was nice to have a story that wasn't about falling in love for a change, that shit gets old. All in all I'd give it a 10/10, I kinda want to go see it again but I'm a kid like that.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Tallulah's Avatar

I got Fright Night through from Lovefilm the other day. Pretty disappointing, if I'm honest, but David Tennant was at his wacky (and sexy! ) best in it, the only character that kept me invested. The ending was impressive, though, if a little predictable.

Must send it back, I keep forgetting to pick it up when I leave the house. My next rental is either The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US version with Daniel Craig - again ) or Blade Runner (which I have never seen. Don't hate me... ).
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I saw The Amazing Spider-Man on Tuesday (First showing) and it was, no pun intended, Amazing. Seriously, I went in with very low expectations based on how much I had read about it, but as it turns out, it was one of the best Superhero movies I have ever seen. I would even go as far as saying it was better than the previous films. I thought Andrew Garfield played the part very, very well. Not just Peter Parker, but he was an excellent Spider-Man as well. Unlike Toby Maguire, who was a brilliant Peter Parker, but not Spider-Man. The cast was really good all round really, especially Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben. He was perfect.

Overall Spider-Man gets a well deserved 10/10.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations midgetbob's Avatar

Ted - yeah.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

TFF's Token Imp Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just watched A Hard Day's Night for the umpteenth time. It has a Metascore of 95/100 for a reason.

Alright, the acting is a little hammy but these are four lads from Liverpool who (at the time) were just getting to grips with this whole new media frenzy that Beatlemania was generating. No acting lessons, no fancy-dan PR training. It's a wonderful piece of filmmaking, shot on a very limited budget and with a strong cast. You might have just heard the soundtrack once in a blue moon too.. 9/10
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Xanatos's Avatar

Seen tons of movies recently, more "bad" ones than good I'm afraid, the ones that stick out the most though are...

Donnie Darko - weirdest movie I ever saw, in a good way though. I'm still not quite sure what to make out of the end. Jake Gyllenhaal was superb in this one... 8/10

The Amazing Spiderman - the 3D was rubbish to say the least, only few scenes where it truly shined, as for the movie itself... it's amazing. The entire origin story is told in more detail this time, everything is more faithful to it's original source. Andrew Garfield is indeed better as both Peter Parker and Spiderman... 8/10

The Avengers - was bit skeptical at first as to how all those heroes are going to fit all together, luckily, Joss Whedon did an amazing job. While the story could have been better the entire movie is full of humor and truly epic scenes... 8/10

The Intouchables - by far the best movie on this list and one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. Honest humor and great characters that made me laugh my ass off on several occasions... 9/10

Registered User Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moulin Rouge! - I'd seen this film once before a couple of years ago and I saw it for a fiver whilst I was shopping on Tuesday so I thought I'd give it another watch. The problem I have with this film is I only start to actually enjoy it about halfway through. The ending is fabulous, though sad. Ewan McGregor is great in it as always. The songs are good even though they're not all original. 7/10

Firstly, The amazing Spiderman, have to disagree with everybody elses reviews of this, i felt it was more disappointing in most parts. From what i was expecting from seeing the trailers was a darker version of the previous Spidermans and going back to the actual Spidey that use the web cartridges etc

So what did i get?
    Spoiler:
    The same story being told yet again, it was pretty much the same as Spiderman 1 except worse, The villan (The croc) just done nothing but remind me of the green goblin from the first one.
    1. Scientist desperately trying to make a break through in their field of expertise.
    2. Scientist uses himself as the human test subject in a desperate act to speed up his work process so he doesn't lose it all.
    3. Scientists test works but with drastic side effects, both of them developing a malevolent split personality, both end up arguing with themselves.

And then we have the cheese, I'm sorry but the cheese in this movie was OTT, and not in a good way, they took me out of the thrall the movie had for me to say under my breath "Ah for fook sake" and i hate when a movie does that, Thats where i think Raimi shined, his cheesey scenes/lines were bang on the nail for the spideyverse and were actually humourous in most parts.

For an example of the crap scenes im referring too, ill just say cranes....Nearly walked out of the theater at that part...

Now the one thing ill say was spot on, was the acting. Loved the whole cast pretty much except Denis Leary, i just hate that guy though, joke stealing undeserving fame mofo!

I disliked it mostly as ive seen it before, lets hope the next one sees us with new scenes and not just another rehash of the "old" Spiderman..Frankly i think they should have held off on this reboot for another 10-15 years atleast as in my opinion it took ALOT away from the movie..

Now onto my actual recommendation:

We need to talk about Kevin

Don't really wanna go into much as i don't want to give anything away, The scenes are basically memory fragments of the mother of Kevin and the difficulties she has in raising her child as he doesn't seem right to her pretty much from the get go..

Its a very moving, taught provoking film that has left me wanting to go back, which i will do soon, Amazing movie and its sad movies like this are too far and between, last movie to impact me like this was Drive and that was over a year ago o_O

Its not your typical Hollywood movie so i would recommend this movie to anybody who likes movies with a great script, actors and and a director whos not afraid to stray away from your typical movie cinematography.

I'm not into ratings so ill just give it two thumbs up!

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Rowan's Avatar

Dog Pound

A film about 3 youths who've been sentenced to a juvenile correction facility for various crimes. Pretty much your standard prison film. Has some great parts that make you say "HELL YEAH!" and great acting from the main cast. Wish I could say the same for the warden, but I cannot. The film gives you character profiles of the 3 main characters within the first 10 minutes of the film which successfully reflects their personalities throughout the rest of the film. Its got a good balance of drama and action. I've been told this movie is an almost exact ripoff of another movie, but since I have not seen said movie, I was able to enjoy this film.

I give it 7/10

Heres a trailer.

Nolan, you sick son of a bitch, you did it again. Just came home after seeing The Dark Knight Rises, full of impressions right now, really need to cool down before doing something as rash as calling it the best comic book movie ever. Bane's pretty badass, love his background story, at one point I even felt sorry for him, I kinda wish they didn't change his original voice though. I knew...

Spoiler:
    ... Miranda was Talia al Ghul right from the start, I just didn't expect her to have such relationship with Bane...

... superb twist right there. Michael Caine at his best, he almost made me cry. The ending was great as well, well thought out,...

Spoiler:
    ... a lot of room for potential sequel, if Nolan, and only Nolan, ever decides to do one.

As for the strongest point of The Dark Knight Rises, music hands down, Hans Zimmer outdid himself this time. 10/10 from me (my biggest recommendation so far).

Blog Entries
    Watched "Machine Gun Preacher" tonight at a friend's house. It is based on the life of Sam Childers, an ex-outlaw biker and gang member who turned to Christianity and went to Sudan to build an orphanage in an area filled with violent conflict. As I was watching this, I thought, "This is really good. The journey of this man from a drug addict and violent criminal to a religious man, and the struggles he's facing throughout all of this in dealing with the hardships and violence he sees on a regular basis, whilst trying to keep his family together. He's a very well defined character." Then a second thought occurred to me: "This has a fairly religious message... I bet it has a lot of detractors because of this." I was not wrong, sadly.

I will say that a lot of the other characters in the movie are not all that fleshed out, although some are given backgrounds and conflict to overcome (or fall to.) There are a few large time skips in the movie, although even then, the pacing is somewhat slow for maybe the first 40 minutes or so. Still, this is an important movie that portrays the horrible things that are happening in that part of the world. Really puts into perspective how petty a lot of my problems are. I got misty-eyed in a few places throughout.

Go into this with an open mind, and you should enjoy it. I give it an 8 out of 10. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

With all the hype behind me I went to see The Dark Knight Rises again. I'll be honest here, the movie has some serious issues I refused to accept first time around. While it does have some memorable lines the overall dialogue is noticeably weaker than in first two. As much as I love Bane he's not really intelligent after all, at least not nearly as in comics. Also, not really a fan of the way he's eliminated. Few scenes felt fake/cheap and silly. I fear I have to shave two points from my initial score. The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises.

The Expendables 2 - great action flick with just right doze of humor, and by humor I mean all those references to older movies and their personal life. All those "action heroes" on screen remind me of simpler days... 7/10

Queen Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations Crescent's Avatar
    Resident Evil Damnation

This movie is AWESOME. The CGI RE films are superior to the live-action movies in every way. Better than RE:Regeneration, the CGI is top-notch and virtually flawless. Leon is by far my favourite character in the entire Resident Evil franchise. He was great in Degeneration and even better and badass in this. I cried for the Lickers..I HATE the Tyrants haha they reminded me of Solomon Grundy. The Best Resident Evil film to date although this had nothing to do with its predecessor and it was very zombie-less, still a perfect RE film, great 'ending'! 10/10

Blog Entries
    Someone like you (Ashley Judd, Hugh Jackman and Greg Kinear)

It 's one of those romance movies... *scratches head* I guess it was pretty good (course romance films rarely are...) I laughed at those voice-over moments
    Here's the trailer: Trailer: "Someone Like You" - YouTube

Mystyrion

Last Movie You Saw/Recommendations

1. Cloud Atlas - at first I was seriously hyped for this movie, it seemed like something than was going to a real brain thinker. Then the reviews came out and I started to lose hope in the movie, but user ratings on rotten tomatoes remained high so I went in with high hopes.

It was actually pretty good, not as great as I was expecting, but I would recommend at least giving it a watch. It's rather long and if you don't pay much attention it's pretty easy to get lost fast. Nothing really stood out about the soundtrack either, but I definitely feel that the story wasn't lacking. I enjoyed it.

2. Children Who Chase Lost Voices - God, sometimes I just can't watch Makoto Shinkai's stuff. I like to watch emotional things, especially depressing shows, I feel that it brings feelings that I usually don't feel. But his stuff just hits me hard sometimes. The first time I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second I literally couldn't do anything. I just sat there thinking.

Luckily this one takes much more of a adventurous turn, with a young girl getting mixed up into old legends about Agartha, another world locked under our own. On this adventure it deals a lot with dealing with your life after the loss of a loved one. Slightly deals with loneliness. Overall it was a really good show. The scenery in the show is just awesome. The soundtrack was point on, nothing really stood out. I wish they had delved a little more into certain parts, but nothing that really effects the story all that much.

Blog Entries
    Just watched The punisher (with Tom Jane and John Travolta) last night. An off-the-wall comic book movie from start to finish - I DID get the feeling I was reading one...
    Story was passable, acting was okay - dialog as dramatic as a boy's graphic novel could be, but this is a film I'd rather watch for the action - LMAO the Russian!!! 6/10 a good film to watch around your little brothers

A Perfect Getaway (Timothy Olyphant, Milla Jovovich, Kiele Sanchez and Steve Zahn) LOVE this movie to the core! It's basically a suspense-thriller. I especially liked Olyphant's role, though Zahn did pretty great too ^^ ARRRRGHHH! If I say any more I'll give it all away! Must.keep.trap.shut! 9/10

Life of Pi - I saw this movie with my mother, she's been quite eager to see it for awhile now. Life of Pi is a charming movie with great visuals, it deals with some serious issues such as religion, it's end will definitely make you think... 8/10 (recomendation)

Blog Entries
    50 First Dates

I have just been shocked by Adam Sandler in this film. (I have been avoiding his movies since Happy Gilmore - I guess cuz the humor was kinda off) Really very imaginative premise, but with a basic, searing plot, interesting, comical dialog and a touching, heartfelt feeling throughout, especially the ending. It's a good film for couples to watch.

Punch Drunk Love

AGAIN I'm pleasantly surprised by Adam Sandler. A captivating, curious film. Slow to start, but it picks up nicely toward the final stretch. I will totally ruin it if I go further
    SPOILER!!:
    That Is That

Pacific Rim - giant robots fighting giant monsters, what's not to love. I have to say, Kaiju's were rather well designed, some impressive CGI, and a rather funny after credit scene I only found out about long after I left the cinema... 8/10

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast