Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: Last Anime You Watched 2.0

Blog Entries
    True, some anime is dubbed very well. Princess Mononoke comes to mind. As far as Cardcaptor Sakura goes...I find Sakura's voice kind of annoying either way but since I never watched it this way before, I wanted to check out the sub. I remember the heavily edited 4Kids version from back in the day so...yeah. As long as the voices are good I do like dubs, don't get me wrong. I'm no 'purist' either way by any stretch.

crunchyroll's library is pretty good, imo. They have a good mix of new stuff and older stuff and they do simulcast some shows, though you need a premium account for that, otherwise the episodes are available after a week. I'm there mostly for Fairy Tail, honestly. But I've seen some good stuff available. Rurouni Kenshin, Cardcaptor Sakura and newer shows like Sword Art Online, Sailor Moon Crystal. Also a number of long running shows like Naruto, One Piece, etc. Some, like CCS, are available in both subbed and dubbed versions.

The quality is decent enough, only 420p but hey, free and legal and most importantly for me, convenient. I'm only a casual fan at best so things like that don't bother me overmuch. You could probably find the same (or...better!?) quality on YouTube if you felt like digging through all the removed copyright claims. Or, you know, torrents. I also prefer to support the creators though, so I try to avoid doing it that way.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

chocolateer Last Anime You Watched 2.0 01habbo's Avatar
    I watched episode 41 and 42 of Fairy tail recently, brought part 5 and then Manga announced that they were going to release collection 3 which includes part 5 and 6. I was not a happy bunny since the collections are way cheaper. >< Strange too, since Funimation hasn't said anything about a collection 3 it's unusual for Manga Entertainment to go ahead with something like that before Funimation.

I'm waiting for a few anime to arrive Kimi Ni Todoke part 2 and 3 and Gurren Lagann the complete collection, I've heard alot about attack on titan but until I feel brave enough I won't be watching it. My birthday wasn't that long ago so next I will be watching some Studio Gibli Films

I watch all my anime in dub when I can so I don't miss anything.

Queen Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Crescent's Avatar

Oh god what a marathon! Seeing episodes VIII, IX and X has been the highlight of my day so far. So much blood, gore, humour, action, romance, and sadness all in 10 absolutely glorious episodes. Although there are parts that were really difficult to stomach -flashbacks of Seras past and Alucard's
    Crushing on Walter(esp in episodes IX and X).

Hellsing Ultimate (OVAs) now in my top 5 favourite animes.

I have all of them. Hellsing UOVAs are the shit.

Death Before Dishonor Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I just finished the entire Monogatari series, and it was pretty solid. Watched the Irregular at Magic High School before that. Loved the story in that one can't wait for more of it. Have also been keeping of with Tokyo Ghoul.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Lady Succubus Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm currently watching:

Cardfight Vanguard G
    Detective Conan
    Magic Kaito
    Toriko until I finish it.
    Kindaichi Returns

They're all good shows as far as I'm concerned. Triage-X is a new show based off of a new manga by the guy who made Highschool of the Dead. This one should last a lot longer due to its episodic nature rather than the wall that he wrote himself in with HOTD. Let's hope he doesn't drop this one either, eh? Also my favorite manga Food Wars got an anime adaptation this season so I'm excited to start watching that as well as Assassination Classroom!

&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;my destiny evades me&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; Last Anime You Watched 2.0 magewarrior's Avatar
    Last anime I watched was Power Stone, it reminded me of an early Saturday cartoon, Power Stone is an older anime based on a Dreamcast game by the same name, it's quite good but don't expect too much. If you like One Piece then this is worth giving a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queen Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Crescent's Avatar
    Gangsta Nico<3 and the best opening Ive heard in a long time.
    Hellsing Ultimate (my usual Ep VIII fix)
    Hellsing Ultimate The Dawn (a cute prequel to Hellsing Ultimate)

The 37th Red Spade Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I recently finished Shakugan No Shana.

It's pretty good; I watched it subbed. Very good voice-acting, great animation, and an interesting story. It might not be a masterpiece or anything like that, but it's very watchable.

You can find it both subbed and dubbed for free on youtube.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Rowan's Avatar
    Behind closed doors.

lol.

Serial Experiments Lain. That was one messed up anime.

As for what anime I've seen so far, I've been quite busy:

Akira, Princess Mononoke, Nausica Valley, Memories (1,2,3), Paprika, Mind Games, Spirited Away, Neo Tokyo, Redline, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, Patema Inverted, Summer Wars, The Wind Rises, 5cm Per Second, Castle in the Sky, Sword of the Stranger, The Girl Who Lept Through Time, Wings of Honneamise, Wicked City, Demon City, Vampire Hunter D + Bloodlust, Hellsing Ultimate OVA's 1-8, Barefoot Gen, Howl's Moving Castle.

Went on a nice anime watching spree lol.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 10-10-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Cowboy Bebop, didn't expect to like it so much, but I really did. The music is awesome and I love the character Ed. I like how each episode had its own separate story.

Boxer of the Galaxy Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    Cowboy Bebop, didn't expect to like it so much, but I really did. The music is awesome and I love the character Ed. I like how each episode had its own separate story.
    Theres only about 6 episodes that follow a singular story , although they are really powerful. Jupiter jazz part 1 and 2 is some of the most profoundly moving anime I've seen.

I gotta watch them as well. Had people tell me to watch Cowboy Bebop. Then there's Berserk and Elfen Lied that I must see too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Theres only about 6 episodes that follow a singular story , although they are really powerful. Jupiter jazz part 1 and 2 is some of the most profoundly moving anime I've seen.
    I can see why Cowboy Bebop is considered a classic, it was easy to get into and each character had their own unique personality. Brought the movie recently as well, so it'll be interesting how they handle one storyline for the length of a movie.

Sword Art Online II, watched up to episode 5, it's really really slow. Only got 2 episodes left as part 1 only has 7 episodes on it. I do like the music though in it. In fact I've always liked the music as it reminds me of the style of Tsubasa Chronicles.

Blog Entries
    Recently finished

Hidan No Aria
    Seiken Tsukai no World Break
    Arakawa Under the Bridge
    Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
    Kampfer
    Date A Live

MyNameIsPedro's Anime List - MyAnimeList.net

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Xanatos's Avatar
    Baccano! The sheer amount of key characters introduced in first two episodes can be overwhelming to say the least. The way the story goes back and forth and the way each character arc interconnects is rather well done, the intrigue, mystery and suspense is for the most part at its very high, as is its action. It's rather obvious the last three episodes were added at a much later date (not a part of the original run) and as a result are weaker in comparison to the rest of the show. I do however appreciate additional info and backstory on certain characters and it did tie some loose ends. One of few dubs done relatively well. Overall, Baccano! is pretty good, I enjoyed it all the way through.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Last Anime You Watched 2.0 jwilliams's Avatar
    Recently finished Grisaia no Kajitsu(awesome story, but too much fanservice) and El Cazador de la Bruja(weakest part of "girls with guns" trilogy, but steel pretty good).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Recently finished Grisaia no Kajitsu(awesome story, but too much fanservice) and El Cazador de la Bruja(weakest part of "girls with guns" trilogy, but steel pretty good).
    Fan service is usually fine with me as long as it doesn't pull from the story. I also watched this anime and thought it was pretty awesome. Had an amazing story.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (The World is Still Beautiful) - MyAnimeList.net

Finished this up yesterday was a pretty solid anime. Wish that there was more romance between the MC's but was still pretty solid.

Finally finished Grisaia no Rakuen(The Eden of Grisaia). I really liked the first two series( well, the second was OVA) and the first half of this series. But the final episodes- it was more like a parody on spy movies than the serious drama with comedian elements. Disappointed, very disappointed. Seriously, all this harem stuff at the end- it was a complete nonsence.

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Last Anime I watched was about 3+ years ago. It was either Yu Yu Hakusho or Cowboy Beebop.

Now I watch random episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho almost every other day.

Same.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Recently finished Erased. Awesome series. Heard that there are a lot of negative reviews about it. Maybe those who wrote those reviews expect this anime to be more detective variation of Butterfly Effect or Steins Gate. At first I also thought this way, but after watching 7 or 8 episodes, I understand that this series is more drama, even social drama, than detective with mystique elements. And I liked it. Yes, it was easy to predict who's the killer, but as I already mentioned, this show was drama with detective elemets, so easy-predictable killer is fine. For me, this is probably the best series in the last few seasons. And those, who didn't like it, because it didn't follow manga at 100%( I heard that there are a lot of such people) just watch Tokyo Ghoul, especially 2nd season- pure example of "excellent manga-awful anime".

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Xanatos's Avatar
    I've seen 14 episodes of Planetes. The first half has been pretty lackluster, 6th episode for instance, the one with ninjas, was almost unbearable. Second half however, when it really delves into characters, has been spectacular. Yuri's arc was genuinely emotional, he's also by far the most likeable character. Tanabe on the other hand can be at times downright irritating due to being overly naive and childish. I also don't really care for the romance bit that's going on, luckily it's not all up in your face so there's that, hopefully it stays that way. Overall, Planetes is enjoyable, if you have have a sci fi itch after seeing films like Gravity and Martian Planetes should do just fine, the premise alone is bound reel you in.

The 37th Red Spade Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dragon Ball Z!

It's been years since I've seen it, so I decided to give it another go.

It's still just as charming as I remember it, haha.

Vegeta is my favorite character.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Resurrection F and the second season of Dragonball Super I'm currently at, I thought seeing Frieza back would be awesome, but this was complete and utter garbage. I'm all for fan service every now and then, but not like this, way too many things that make zero sense, a person on the same level as Zarbon and Dodoria, Ginyu at best, beating the ever living shit out of Picolo, Krillin, Gohan, even Frieza himself was a massive stretch. I don't think I've ever seen a franchise disrespect its lore as much, and to think Akira Toriyama made this.

1st episode of DBZ subbed on Hulu...never seen it before, I think it's just basically the japanese version of the ep...I don't think I even got as far as Raditz showing up before busy things happened and I had to shut it off

Gohan is like, chased by a sabretooth tiger or mountain lion or something. Then he's hanging from a branch or something in a waterfall, and Goku wants to know how he flew up there.....Goku you know...he's floating on kinto-un...and Gohan is wailing his lungs out and stuff...I think I watched a bit more of it...
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Last Anime You Watched 2.0 che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just binged all of Game of Thrones from ep1, and felt this huge void i had to fill but wanted something more futuristic and sci-fi after it (I'm so hype for new GoT season though), so I watched all of Cowboy Bebop. Was great to fall asleep to, and I forgot just how many episodes were random as shit, and then it just gets serious as hell. The best part is how AMAZING the imagination is in CB and all the detail in the art. I fucking loved the Heavy Metal episode all over again even though it was just such a random episode because of how COOL the concept of space truckers is to me. I hope we are hauling cargo across the galaxy someday. In other eps, you meet amazing random characters and I'm not sure how we're gonna terraform Venus but it's such a cool concept.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29