Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Anime You Watched 2.0

the night man cometh Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Joxsjua's Avatar

Re: Last Anime You Watched 2.0

I just got done watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex again other than that it's been a long time since I've seen a good anime. There are way too many Bleach and Naruto wanna-bees been coming out the last 5+ years. Not that they're all bad, just the reason I got into anime was that the themes were a wide variety other than the typical American; crime-show or comedy genres. Since then it's like so many animes are going in the DBZ direction where they gotta get tougher to beat the next bad guy so let's go beyond Super Saiyajin training. Hard to find a new anime I can get into these days..

One anime I always anticipate watching the new episode is Hellsing Ultimate. With 1 episode released every one-two years, it's presence is an epic sensation.

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ Last Anime You Watched 2.0 pixergirl's Avatar

Last anime i watched was Rurouni Kenshin episodes 1-4.
    i soooooo want to see the rest of it ("Eh! brotherrrrrrrrrr! GET me the rest of RuroKen!! Waiyaaaaaaaaah!")
    and of course can't forget Fullmetal Alchemist (the original, not Brotherhood, although i hear that is like waaaay better and all that) Edward Elric is awesome!! (Edward Cullen is also awesome, but i won't get into that)
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

TFF's Resident Messenger Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last night I finished the Black Butler series. The first season was awesome. The second (or Black Butler II), I kinda wish I hadn't seen. I didn't really like it at all. To watch all twelve episodes, and still Sebastian didn't get Ciel's soul, was sad. I recommend the first season, and I recommend that anyone interested to just pretend that there never was a second.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Catalana's Avatar

The very last I watched is... durarara I think ^^
    But I looked at black butler, FMA, death note ... so many of them xD

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden

I just started watching "Kids on the Slope" (Sakamichi no Apolon), the new series directed by Shin'ichiro Watanabe with music by Yoko Kanno. If that combination of people doesn't sound familiar, it should, as they were the same duo responsible for Cowboy Bebop. For those who haven't heard of the show, it just started airing in Japan back in April, and it's sort of a coming-of-age story a small handfull of kids growing up in Post-WWII Japan and their shared love of Jazz. I've only watched the first four episodes so far, but I quite enjoy what I've seen (no surprise there, though!)

Before that, I watched Madoka Magica, which a few people had recommended to me previously and I finally got around to watching. It was also a very good show. Very disturbing (especially as it progressed), but also very good.

I would recommend both!

"my destiny evades me" Last Anime You Watched 2.0 magewarrior's Avatar
    Just got through watching the last episode of Ghost Hound not to sure how I feel about it, I felt the ending was a bit rushed and the addition of two different minor plot points towards the end was a bit unnecessary. But overall I still enjoyed it and I definitely recommend it if you're looking into psychological (supernatural) type anime

Queen Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Crescent's Avatar

Street Fighter II V.
    Still just as awesome as it was when I first watched it as a little girl. Absolutely LOVE this anime, in my top 5. I hate lovey dovey animes I love this particular anime because of all the action, the great characters and my general love of Street Fighter. The only thing I can pick at is that there's only 29 episodes, too short for my liking and I wish Sakura was in this. Ryu is my favourite SF character ever in the video games, movies and anime. A cutie I listen to the opening theme all the time makes me wanna hurt someoneXD

Death Note! Been waiting for ages to get the series on DVD. I actually had seen the live action movie first which I liked so wanted to see the Anime. Obviously the Anime is much better, I'm loving it. I know what happens for the most part already but it's highly entertaining.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Registered User Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Benihime2059's Avatar

4 Seasons of bleach in order

Registered User Last Anime You Watched 2.0 HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Andrew's List of Anime He's Been Watching!!!!

So I just recently got a Ps3 and rejoined the current generation of gamming (while it lasts... Hahaha) but I only have one game. So netflix's anime section has been my best friend recently.

1.) I rewatched all the episodes of Baccano! and was very happy to see that the english dub was so easy to find. (I always have trouble watching it online for some reason...) It's totally an epic anime, and I really wish it somehow was able to continue.

2.) Watched all the episodes of FMA:Brotherhood that they had, but really I don't feel caught up... I think they're missing alot. Hope they load more soon. *fingers crossed*

3.) Watched all the episodes of Trigun in a few days. Really hard to stop watching once I started. Never really got it when I was young, but now that I'm older it was much more enjoyable.

4.) Tried to watched Gungrave but couldn't quite follow it. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a chance, but it just kinda bored me... It was like Vampire Hunter D plus Hellsing plus Trigun. (Pretty accurate if ya ask me)

5.) Started watching Speed Grapher again, but not sure if I'll keep watching. I still kinda remember what happened and it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

6.) Rewatched Samurai 7 and both the Afro Samurai series and movies. (Not sure why I lump them in the same category, but this list is getting long. xD)

I'm DYING to see you! Last Anime You Watched 2.0 ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I've been watching Fairy Tail and just passed so many of the different arcs. My favourite arc so far is the Tower of Heaven and the worst has to be the Galuna Island arc.

It had it's fun moments in that arc and it does has impact at times but mostly it just drags on and gets a little too boring. Meh, personal preference and all.

The Tower of Heaven is awesome. There's so much going on and it's what I'm up to now so I don't know past the first Unison Raid so I'm going to continue watch it till the end of the dubbed version because Funimation such right now.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

rumini

last animes i watched...

hetalia- pretty much all of it,

sgt. frog- episode 266 and 267

fullmetal alchemist- just cuz it was on

one piece- episode 1, 2 and 3

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Xanatos's Avatar

I'm going through Yu-Gi-Oh! right now, one of those shows I missed out on when I was a kid, I do have experience with video games and actual cards though. I'm halfway through season one and it's pretty darn good so far.

I also have one episode or two of Nichijou every now and then, I don't really like Japanese humor to be honest, though I have to say it's been pretty funny so far.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Just finished watching Fractal, not sure why there are so many negative reviews circulating out there about it, for me it was an enjoyable experience, the best way to describe it would be a mix of Sci Fi blended in with elements of Fantasy. The animation was flawless and the story; superb. The only gripe I have with it is how it ended (which to some extent is forgivable) and also why it was so short (11 episodes) I felt it could have been easily made into a 26 episode series.

Registered User Last Anime You Watched 2.0

Decided to give Tales from Earthsea a shot. Been putting it off because of all the low reviews it received, but honestly I didn't think it was as bad as I had heard. I'd probably rate it as average though. I really liked the way the movie handled the Villain's breakdown though. It was definitely creepy.
    SPOILER!!:
    Those. Empty. Hollow. Eyes.

Hats off to Ghibli for making this guy (yes, guy!) downright terrifying.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

I've watched the last couple episodes of Casshern Sins that've aired on Toonami for whatever reason. It's got an interesting premise, though a lot of the character designs are really weird (Casshern himself) and since I started watching mid series, I dunno who some characters are or why they're doing what they're doing. In last night's episode, some characters were talking about eating Casshern to cure some disease... Anime is WEIRD. But it looks cool. Then again, years ago, a friend sat a bunch of us down to watch the live action Casshern movie and it was ALL style over substance, nothing made sense, heh... but yeah. May or may not keep watching this.

A while ago I was watching Claymore. It was alright, but it didn't keep me interested very well. Would watch an ep or two every once in a while, and finally just stopped at around the halfway point of the series. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Death Before Dishonor Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I rewatched all of Soul Eater for the hundredth time. I have also been keeping up with Naruto Ship on Hulu. Enjoying where the story is going so far

Spoiler:
    ready for Kabuto to bring the real Madara back with his reanimation and f*ck shit up

I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's on Hulu, and was like dafuq is dis shit.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Memento RK Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last anime I watched completely was Gurren Lagann. I'm in between a few. I re-watched Angel Beats after finishing classes. I am currently watching Fairy Tail, and it is epic as ****. Soooooo freakin awesome.

I love me my anime.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

G'day Last Anime You Watched 2.0 NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last anime I watched was, Inuyasha. The whole series I have yet to watch the 4 movies. I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop

Registered User Last Anime You Watched 2.0 HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't wanna read spoilers? Don't read this post. :P

So I just recently finished the first (And from what I'm told the only good) season of Black Butler.

I found it to be pretty awesome, but I have a few complaints....

1st of all, I found the ending to be somewhat lacking... I kinda wanted to see Sebastian do some soul-eatin'. They just kinda cut it off at the last minute. (Furthermore, where the heck was he taken??? That island was like never shown in the show before that, was it? I think I saw it during the opening but that really doesn't count as being "in the show".)

My second complaint is about the way the characters back-story's were told. I find that if you can (as I did) fall in love with the characters and care enough to continue, then you will eventually find out their stories. (Well pieces of them anyway...) But they waited a bit too long for that... I'm pretty sure Ciell had enough enemies to attack the estate earlier. They could've done that entire episode sooner, and it wouldn't have changed much.

A third problem I had was that so much of the show feels copied. Baldroy reminded me waaay to much of Havoc from FMA. (Smoking, blonde hair, ect.) Lao was alot like Ling from FMA:brotherhood. (But I guess black butler might've come first.) The police inspectors reminded me alot of Sherlock holms and watson. (Although I think that's kinda what they were going for. ) I guess this complaint isn't really a complaint, it's just something I happened to notice. (I could point out alot more similarities but I really don't feel like it. )

Aside from that I really found no problems with it. I thought it's depiction of how angel's cannot change the past but only offer a prettier version to be an interesting take on the subject and the whole concept of reapers working as seperate deity's I also liked. (Undertaker was awesome. :3)

An epic anime, that I'd recomend to anyone. (well so long as they can handle alot of "almost yaoi" moments.)

(What happened to Tanaka?!? I'd really like to know....)

Watching my way thru the old macross saga at the min! I love this series I havnt watched it since I was a teenager! It's still as awesome now as it was then! Just finished the "first half" as such where he finally decides to choose Lisa over minmai and they are talking about living in space at last! Any wait to get home and continue watching!

Decided to watch some Puella Magi Madoka Magica this morning (7 episodes of 12 to be exact).
    SPOILER!!:
    This show reinforced my belief that contracts are bad, mmkay?
    Also, didn't mean to watch THAT many episodes in one go, but man, it really hooked me in! Haven't had that happen in a while.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Certified tech, come at me! Last Anime You Watched 2.0 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been watching Detective Conan, it is quite engaging and I like mysteries. I'm 30+ episodes in and I plan to watch more. I'm obsessed with the anime I even went and ordered volume 1 of that show on dvd off amazon and I plan to buy more!

Thats about it.
    Currently Playing:

Last Anime You Watched 2.0

About 3/4 of the way through Yu Yu Hakusho. One word "amazing" especially on BluRay, completely restored frame by frame, looks incredible. Loved the whole dark tournament, simply breath taking, almost couldn't pull myself away from all the action. Even the chapter with the tunnel to the demon world is intriguing. By far one of the best anime series I've ever seen. Can't believe it took this long for me to notice it but glad I did

The Mad God Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Finished Kenshin in its entirety again about a week ago, started on Yu Yu Hakusho this week, about done with it (again). Also watching one that's semi new, Sword Art Online. Pretty interesting concept. People trapped in a virtual reality MMO that the crazy programmer removed the logout option from, and of course secretly rigged the console he developed with a device to microwave your brain if you tried to remove the virtual reality gear while the game was running, OR if you died in the game. Shit gets real pretty quick, and yeah. It's cool. Little heavy on the romance for me, but not so much that it takes away from the ass-kicking. Only 10 episodes out at the moment, releasing one a week.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Chief Inspiring Officer Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Initial D: first stage. Episodes 1-26 (oooh, I love the suspense! Must get more....)
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Devil May Cry. Opening theme is awesome. Loved Lady and Trish going at it. There are only 12 episodes. I deeply wish Vergil was in it. Dante has the same voice actor as my Sephiroth (Japanese)!!! Dante is fkn sexy. Reboot can go fk itself. That is all.

Last Anime You Watched 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Devil May Cry. Opening theme is awesome. Loved Lady and Trish going at it. There are only 12 episodes. I deeply wish Vergil was in it. Dante has the same voice actor as my Sephiroth (Japanese)!!! Dante is fkn sexy. Reboot can go fk itself. That is all.
    Sweet was just thinking of watching this.... Do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Reboot can go fk itself. That is all.
    When I first read this, I thought you were talking about the computer animated show called ReBoot, and was like "Where did that come from?". Haha. I just woke up when I read your post.

Signed up to Hulu again to peruse their anime section, and Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit caught my eye. I used to watch that one when it was airing on Cartoon Network, but because of work conflicts I couldn't finish it. Now I can! But first gonna watch from the beginning to brush up on what's happening.

I also watched the first couple episodes of Chrno Crusade. I forgot how much of a shrieking harpy the VA for Rosette Christopher was (English dub, btw). I still like the show though. The main villain is delightful. :3
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_farley View Post
    Sweet was just thinking of watching this.... Do you recommend?
    Sure its a nice fill-in for the videogame series.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast