Thread: Jim Hesons Movies & TV Shows

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Jim Hesons Movies & TV Shows The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Jim Hesons Movies & TV Shows

So did anyone else grow up watching his movies & TV series as a child? I just recently watched "The Dark Crystal", "Labyrinth", "The StoryTeller", and "Monstermaker" on Netflix. They were simply amazing, all had great stories, and kept my full attention to the end. If you haven't had the pleasure of watching any of these movies, or TV series, then you really should give them a chance.

Here's a list of movies I have seen of his:
    1.The Dark Crystal
    2.Labyrinth
    3.The StoryTeller
    4.The StoryTeller Greek Myths
    5.MonsterMaker
    6.Cube
    7.Dinosaurs
    8.The Muppets Treasure Island

What do you think of good old Jim, and his movies you have seen! Did you even know he made all of these dark movies in his lifetimem?
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 11-11-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Re: Jim Hesons Movies & TV Shows

The man was simply a genius storyteller and creator in general. I have most of the stuff he did. However, since Disney owns The Muppet's now. I was hoping that they would focus there entrepreneurial spirit on putting some of The Muppet's tv specials on DVD/Blu-Ray. While I love The Muppet's, I gotta say that I find a lot of enjoyment in his movies. Labyrinth will always be in my top ten. The Dark Crystal is probably one of the best fantasy movies ever to be created without the use of any significant CGI.

Yep, good man.....good man.

The man was simply a genius storyteller and creator in general. I have most of the stuff he did. However, since Disney owns The Muppet's now. I was hoping that they would focus their entrepreneurial spirit on putting some of The Muppet's tv specials on DVD/Blu-Ray. While I love The Muppet's, I gotta say that I find a lot of enjoyment in his movies. Labyrinth will always be in my top ten. The Dark Crystal is probably one of the best fantasy movies ever to be created without the use of any significant CGI.

Yep, good man.....good man.

That Muppets movie looks annoying.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    That Muppets movie looks annoying.

Well, Jim Henson is gone so most of The Muppets cinema is truly lacking the same magic touch. However, it has always been a fairly consistent tradition for the Muppet movies to cast one or more of today's well-known Hollywood stars whether they are worth a sh** or not.

So, between the cast list on the new movie and the fact that the story is almost a reboot of other Muppet story line's. I would say it will probably be the biggest mistake in the Muppet franchise since Muppet's Wizard of Oz.