Thread: Felidae

Blog Entries

Felidae

So, I was reading TV Tropes pages tonight because I was bored, and in particular the "Animation Age Ghetto" page. One of the movies mentioned there is "Felidae," a German animated feature involving cats and a murder mystery. If you've ever seen Watership Down... this is worse, haha. There is some pretty f'ed up imagery in this movie, and some pretty colorful language that made me chuckle, hearing it come from cats. I was cringing during some of the scenes though, totally.
    SPOILER!!:
    Like one where Gregor Mendel, I think-the movie called him "Father of Genetics," anyway-uses mutilated cats as puppets, and their innards and stuff are falling out. There's a scene in a lab where doctors are performing vivisections and other experiments on live cats, etc.
    In spite of that, it actually has a pretty interesting plot with some neat twists, and interesting concepts and ideas. I'd recommend it, if you think you can stomach the more gory elements. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Should probably also mention that there's a mating scene between two cats, although it doesn't go into detail at all and lasts like 10 seconds.