Thread: Favourite TV Show Characters

G'day Favourite TV Show Characters NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favourite TV Show Characters

I've been watching Fringe (my favourite show at present) and one of the lead characters I am absolutely in love with and his name is Walter Bishop. Here's a description of his personality from our friends at Wiki. Some of that won't make sense if you haven't watched but you get the idea!

A mad scientist who has had parts of his brain removed by his partner, William Bell, and who spent more than 17 years in a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, Walter Bishop can best be described as an eccentric man. Once a brilliant scientist in the realm of fringe science, his trials in life have left him with gaps in his memory and with traits that can best be described as child like. While many parts of his intellect remain intact, he suffers from some degree of agoraphobia and has difficulty properly looking after himself, such that in both timelines he requires either Peter or Astrid to provide him with a basic level of care and supervision. He has a great penchant for culinary arts, and can be found cooking and eating at odd times, for example, both in his lab while performing autopsies, and while naked in Peter's kitchen. Red licorice seems to be among his most favorite of foods, though he also has a penchant for custard, root beer floats, and pastries. In line with his child like demeanor, Walter Bishop has a lovable innocence about him which is occasionally interrupted by tantrum like outbursts over largely trivial things. One such outburst occurred in the supermarket when he discovered the use brominated food additives in pop tarts, when he was shopping for pudding, and another occurred in a hotel room, in which he found the thought of being surrounded by germs too great to handle.

He is so hilarious and lovable. I wish he was my grandpa, I just want to go to the park with him and feed some ducks. I also want to give him a big hug. Actor John Noble (who is Australian btw) who plays him is brilliant and I admire his acting skills because of his amazing character portrayal of the awesome Walter Bishop.

Favourite TV Show Characters-gene-cow-jpg

Who are your favourite tv show characters?

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    I've been watching Fringe (my favourite show at present) and one of the lead characters I am absolutely in love with and his name is Walter Bishop. Here's a description of his personality from our friends at Wiki. Some of that won't make sense if you haven't watched but you get the idea!

A mad scientist who has had parts of his brain removed by his partner, William Bell, and who spent more than 17 years in a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, Walter Bishop can best be described as an eccentric man. Once a brilliant scientist in the realm of fringe science, his trials in life have left him with gaps in his memory and with traits that can best be described as child like. While many parts of his intellect remain intact, he suffers from some degree of agoraphobia and has difficulty properly looking after himself, such that in both timelines he requires either Peter or Astrid to provide him with a basic level of care and supervision. He has a great penchant for culinary arts, and can be found cooking and eating at odd times, for example, both in his lab while performing autopsies, and while naked in Peter's kitchen. Red licorice seems to be among his most favorite of foods, though he also has a penchant for custard, root beer floats, and pastries. In line with his child like demeanor, Walter Bishop has a lovable innocence about him which is occasionally interrupted by tantrum like outbursts over largely trivial things. One such outburst occurred in the supermarket when he discovered the use brominated food additives in pop tarts, when he was shopping for pudding, and another occurred in a hotel room, in which he found the thought of being surrounded by germs too great to handle.

He is so hilarious and lovable. I wish he was my grandpa, I just want to go to the park with him and feed some ducks. I also want to give him a big hug. Actor John Noble (who is Australian btw) who plays him is brilliant and I admire his acting skills because of his amazing character portrayal of the awesome Walter Bishop.

Favourite TV Show Characters-gene-cow-jpg

Who are your favourite tv show characters?
    I have been thinking about watching Fringe since the series ended. It has a lot of themes that I am fascinated with in my other media.

1. Dexter: He is definitely my favorite T.V. show character. Michael C. Hall is (in my opinion) flawless in his approach and in Emmy worthy is most every episode. While your socially conscious self knows you should be voting against the character, Dexter won your love from episode one so right or not, your'e always voting for him.

2. Clark Kent(Smallville): While the show took a few too many cues from the teen-drama brand made popular by Dawsons Creek, One Tree Hill, etc., it still managed to rise above long enough to develop a superb entry in Superman's television and cinematic history. In my opinion Tom Welling is responsible for most of this. Superman is cheesy to begin with. I mean, he is a tights-wearing, justice-loving everyday superhero but we love that and Tom Welling seemed to bring a professionalism to the character that stayed consistent from season 1 to season 10. Even if Tom Welling falls in as a wanna-be to older audiences, he is still the face of Clark Kent for my generation.

3. Sam Beckett(Quantum Leap): I have been a time-travel junkie since before I had the vocabulary to say gigawatt, much less understand what it was. Luckily for me, I was allowed to stay up late enough to catch Quantum Leap re-runs on Sci-Fi in the summer. The show instantly found a place in my obsession with the subject. However, as I have re-watched the series in my adulthood, I realize that Scoot Bakula was a Clark Kent himself. A time-traveling justice seeker putting things right that fate choked up on the first time around. Leaping around all 90 something episodes and still staying consistent as a character is tough. Especially when every episode is a completely different time,place, and plot. He blew the character away though. I always looked forward to his next leap and still get excited when I watch the show.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Favourite TV Show Characters noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Roseanne and Darlene from "Roseanne".

Apparently I was abducted and Roseanne is my real mother. Jay says I act -exactly- like her.

All evil will see the light Favourite TV Show Characters Assassin's Avatar
    Moriarty and Sherlock from Sherlock: I love the show Sherlock and to tell you the truth I love almost all of the characters in the show but these two are my favourite.
    Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural: Obviously they're my favourite characters coz' Supernatural is like my favourite show of all time.
    Ninth Doctor from Doctor Who: Even though all the doctors from the show are really awesome, he is my favourite for several reasons and the most important is that he is really funny and adorable.
    Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones: I don't think I even need to explain why he's my favourite coz' you gotta admitt everyone loves him.
    Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead: The main reason why he is one of my favourite t.v characters is probably because of his bow and arrow. And he's pretty bad ass.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favourite TV Show Characters Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    1. Dexter: He is definitely my favorite T.V. show character. Michael C. Hall is (in my opinion) flawless in his approach and in Emmy worthy is most every episode. While your socially conscious self knows you should be voting against the character, Dexter won your love from episode one so right or not, your'e always voting for him.
    I have to second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Moriarty and Sherlock from Sherlock: I love the show Sherlock and to tell you the truth I love almost all of the characters in the show but these two are my favourite.
    I couldn't stomach Moriarty, while brilliant his voice and appearance are irritating to say the least.

Now onto my characters... (mostly copy-paste from an older thread, I'm that lazy)

Derek Del Boy Trotter (Only Fools and Horses) - "You little plonker" Del Boy may not be the brightest bloke, business however is where he truly shines, he would con God himself if he had a chance. David Jason's performance is really out of this world, simply unmatched.

Gregory House (House MD.) - They say all brilliant men are crazy. I love his crude humor, his sarcastic, "I don't give a damn" attitude.

Sir Edmund Blackadder (Blackadder) - Even though Rowan Atkinson is mostly praised for his role as Mr. Bean I prefer him as the infamous anti hero, The The Black Adder. Naive and clumsy at first he becomes deviously cunning later on.

Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock) - One could say there's barely any difference between Ritchie's version of Sherlock Holmes and this one, still, it's Benedict Cumberbatch, what more do you need.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Favourite TV Show Characters Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Game of Thrones - Arya, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Dany, Jaime, Brienne and Sansa. Mostly in no particular order, it's kinda hard to pick one because the show/books have so many characters but I'd say Arya tops the list most of the time.

Friends is another favourite show of mine, but I can't really pick a favourite, I kinda love all six of them equally. Maybe Chandler? Idk.

The Walking Dead - Glen and Daryl

Breaking Bad - Jesse Pinkman

I watch a lot more shows but honestly if I listed them all this shit would go on forever, so.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favourite TV Show Characters Xanatos's Avatar
    Adding several more...

Chandler (Friends) - Even though Joey is arguably the most popular character in Friends I found Chandler to be overall better, Joey is just another one of those typical morons you see in most shows, Chandler has better scenes, jokes and puns.

Charlie (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - "Wild Card, Bitches" His life is pretty pathetic when you think about it, but he makes most out of it, love his relationship with Frank and the way he stalks the the waitress, both weird at times but funny.

Gob (Arrested Development) - "I've made a huge mistake" He's pretty bad at what he does, "illusions", come to think of it he's pretty bad at almost everything he does, Gob's still a great character, I mean come on, who doesn't like his chicken dance.

Tyrion Lannister & Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) - If R. R. Martin kills Tyrion, The Imp, I'll stop watching Game of Thrones, he's that epic, Arya on the other hand is slowly but surely reaching that level, becoming more badass with each episode.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Favourite TV Show Characters Sarshan's Avatar
    Gibbs - NCIS

Patrick Jane - The Mentalist

Barney - How I Met Your Mother

Kyle - Kyle XY

Damon - The Vampire Diaries

Registered User Favourite TV Show Characters Cyric's Avatar
    Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

Daryl Dixon - Walking Dead

Dexter - Dexter

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Favourite TV Show Characters Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's a short list of some of my favorite actors on their respective TV shows:

Dr. Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) - Stargate SG-1
    Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) - Stargate Atlantis
    Data (Brent Spiner) - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Quark (Armin Shimerman) - Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) - The Walking Dead
    Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) - Sherlock
    Shawn Spencer (James Roday) - Psych
    Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) - Fawlty Towers
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Bananarama Favourite TV Show Characters Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quick list: Beware spoilers

Walter White (Breaking Bad)- Absolute badass. I really loved his evolution to Heisenberg and how he used his genius to both build and destroy his empire. I also loved how almost all of his plots and ideas worked out through sheer luck, and how his final one ultimately bit him in the ass, because while he was a genius, and planned for so much to happen, things almost never went as planned.

Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)- Another badass, and an unexpected one, given her size and stature.

Gibbs (NCIS)- You just can't hate the guy. Once again, a badass who is loyal to his team beyond everything. Plus he's just the type of guy I'd want to sit down and have some bourbon with.

Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)- Libertarian to the extreme, and a man's man. Also completely hilarious and the creator of the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness.

Mac (It's Always Sunny)- Completely ridiculous and such a wannabe tough guy. I can't get enough of how retarded he acts and sounds with his delusions of his own badassery.

Ralph Wiggum (The Simpsons)- My cats breath smells like cat food. Enough said
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I'm not fat it's mass.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Chief Inspiring Officer Favourite TV Show Characters Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent thread! Urm, lessee here:

Sherlock (portrayed by Benedict Cumberbach! LOL the Buckingham Palace scene!)

Dexter (Watch your step around this guy)

Damon Salvatore and Alaric Saltzman (The only non-morons in the whole of Mystic Falls ~ Vampire Diaries)

Gregory House - Can't believe I'm already on the last season! ;P

Wesley Windham Price (In Angel, not so much Buffy)

Merlin from the BBC series of Merlin.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder from Justified.

Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow from Game of Thrones (I've watched all of the special features from season 2)

Jesse Pinkman Breaking Bad

Daryl (no idea what his last name is) from The Walking Dead

Tom Mason (really dig that fashion sense) from Falling Skies

The lovable Inspector Columbo from Columbo (I'd love to meet his wife)

Grandad from Only Fools and Horses

Sylar from Heroes.

Fox Mulder from the X-files

I'll think of more laterz.
    Last edited by Cyanist; 10-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

The Mad God Favourite TV Show Characters Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Ltcmd Data - Star trek: The Next Generation. I like the idea of an android seeking his humanity, probably because it's pretty much the opposite of what I find myself doing, I'm a man desperately trying to become a machine. And to an extent, I succeed. So a lot of the question pertaining to Data's status as a being, I find are also applicable to myself on some level. Few characters have ever engaged me philosophically as much as Data.

Q - Various Star trek series. How can you not love an omnipotent troll?

Gregory House - House. I love his human experiment approach to medicine. Well, I could perform a lengthy series of tests to see what's wrong with you... or I could guess and check! Just the kind of lazy ass doctor I'd be if i were a doctor.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    I've seen lots of of love for Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes from the BBC Network reimagining. Let me add my love of Cumberbatch's portrayal. He is fuggin' brilliant; like he was born to play this roll maybe. I first saw him in Star Trek: Into Darkness this summer. been wanting to watch this once I found out Martin Freeman was gonna play Bilbo Baggins, been putting it off for some reason. I will also say I love Freeman's John Watson. It could be due to the exceptionalism that is now, but I think both actors are great in these rolls, especially Cumberbatch. I think the two have great chemistry together too. Their interactions have me laughing all the time. I dunno if any other actors could pull it off as well.

Other than those two, I guess I'll add Princess Sally Acorn from Sonic SatAM. She's just awesome. A bad ass girl with a brain and lots of sass. She is a much more interesting character than most the Sonic characters. Although I initially liked Bunnie Rabbot better, heh...

Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony. She is very silly character, bouncing off the walls and breaking the fourth wall constantly, like a female, less violent, more happy Deadpool. Cliche description, but oh well. I dunno, I just find the character adorable.

Babs Bunnie
    from Tiny Toons. I think a lot of inspiration for my little comic strips came from watching that show growing up, and Babs was my favorite. I loved her personality. I loved when she was on edge especially, heh. She had such amazing reactions to stressors.

....and I'm drawing a blank right now for others. Pearhaps I'll come back and add more in later.

EDIT: S and I were talking about Venture Bros, he brought up Dr Morpheus, and I was like "Oh yeah. That guy is awesome." So thanks S!

Banned Favourite TV Show Characters
    It's late and I'm tired, but I can't resist sharing this because TV was huge for me growing up, and into my early adulthood.

John Locke (Lost)
    The most beautiful, powerful and special TV character for me. Although I don't have a disability, I know many who do, so his story and journey was profound for me. Terry O'Quinn played John, a normal, un-spectacular man who was as awkward, timid and innocent as a boy. A good soul. Betrayed, and then crippled by his estranged father from the waist down, John's life crumbles around him. He flies to Australia where he attempts a spirit walk he paid and planned for. He's denied on the basis that he cannot walk. His return flight crashes on a mysterious island where John discovers that he can now walk again. From there it only gets better and better.

You wanna talk about Character Growth, John Locke had more than any I've ever read, seen, or even heard of. He's the only character I feel compelled to mention. You never get an experience like that, anywhere.

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

It's late and I'm tired, but I can't resist sharing this because TV was huge for me growing up, and into my early adulthood.

John Locke (Lost)
    The most beautiful, powerful and special TV character for me. Although I don't have a disability, I know many who do, so his story and journey was profound for me. Terry O'Quinn played John, a normal, un-spectacular man who was as awkward, timid and innocent as a boy. A good soul. Betrayed, and then crippled by his estranged father from the waist down, John's life crumbles around him. He flies to Australia where he attempts a spirit walk he paid and planned for. He's denied on the basis that he cannot walk. His return flight crashes on a mysterious island where John discovers that he can now walk again. From there it only gets better and better.

You wanna talk about Character Growth, John Locke had more than any I've ever read, seen, or even heard of. He's the only character I feel compelled to mention. You never get an experience like that, anywhere.

TFFF Ghost Favourite TV Show Characters Howling Wind's Avatar
    Carrie Mathisin - Homeland
    Fox Mulder - The X Files
    Sherlock - Sherlock Holms
    Sarah Conner - The Sarah Conner Chronicles
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.