• The Lord of the Rings

8 61.54%
  • Three Colors

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite Trilogy

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite Trilogy Xanatos's Avatar

Favorite Trilogy

I'm having hard time choosing my favorite trilogy, most of us do when there's so many great to choose from. Nolan's Batman is up there somewhere for sure, Back to the Future perhaps, Dollars (Man With no Name) and Bourne trilogy are all great in their own right and who can forget the original Star Wars trilogy. When it's all said and done I go back to The Lord of the Rings for one simple reason, it's near perfect in almost every aspect. Great script, great score, visually impressive... most importantly though, it doesn't have a weak link amongst it's movies.

A rather easy choice when it comes to quadrilogy, Lethal Weapon hands down. Entertaining til it's very end, Murtagh and Riggs are also my favorite film duo.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Favorite Trilogy
    The Back to the Future trilogy is my choice. Those movies are fun to watch, insanely quotable and have awesome music. It's also the only trilogy I've seen where I've enjoyed all the movies instead of the first one or maybe two.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries
    The Lord of the Rings contains my two favorite movies ever, Fellowship of the Ring and Return of the King, so.... no contest for me. I love Back to the Future and the original Star Wars Trilogy too, but nothing beats the epic adventure of Frodo Baggins and his journey to Mt. Doom (and his friends' tangential adventures.) One of my favorite characters ever is in this trilogy too: the wizard Gandalf. He's usually got something wise or bad ass to say. Also, he kicks ass. Sam is also a favorite of mine-think I used to say he was my favorite when I'd talk about LotR... Maybe it's a tie. Sam's fierce loyalty and Gandalf's wisdom ftw.

But yeah, Marty McFly and Doc Brown are two great characters as well. Being a child of the... 90's, but still with great fondness for the 80's, BttF has a special place in my heart. Star Wars, need to watch those again. Has been literally years, I think. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Also, I love how multiple choices on the poll hold 60% right now.... how does that work? lulz.

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite Trilogy Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As much as I love the Clint Eastwood 'man with no name' trilogy, and I do, The Lord Of The Rings book was an integral part of my childhood and I was insanely happy they'd finally been made into movies (even if I did have a beef about Elijah Wood), so that's my choice.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Trilogy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I gotta go with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. As tele said it also contains my two favorite movies Fellow, and Return of the King. Two absolutely amazing movies that in my mind have nothing even close in comparison.

You can't hate on the Star Wars trilogies though. All the old, and the new are outstanding movies.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I voted Star Wars 4-6 but LOTR was amazingly well done.... so it's a tough choice between them, actually.

Matrix was good, too. I hated 2 and 3 the first time I saw them, recently rewatched them a couple times each and liked it a lot more. They came out when I was still very idealistic so it not being a happy ending made me sad at the time.

Ayyye Favorite Trilogy Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The LOTR movies give NO justice to the books. So I have issues with the movies. The books are my favorite series of all time...even if it didn't start out as a trilogy

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Favorite Trilogy ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I voted for quite for a few on that list, but out of all of those, my favourite is The Matrix trilogy. The first Matrix is one of the greatest films ever made, and Reloaded is also one of my favourite films ever made. Revolutions may not have been as good, but the final fight is the most epic fight ever in a film ever.

All evil will see the light Favorite Trilogy Assassin's Avatar
    Lord of The Rings, definitely. The book was like off the hook and the movie was just spectacular. All the parts were great but the best one was Fellowship of the Ring.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.