Thread: Favorite Movie Characters

Blog Entries

Favorite Movie Characters

Figure since we got a "Favorite Television Characters" thread, we could also have a "Favorite Movie Characters" thread. So...

Elwood Blues from The Blues Brothers:
    "We're on a mission from God." "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarattes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." "What was I gonna do? Take away your only hope? Take away the very thing that kept you going in there? I took the liberty of bullshitting you." (You lied to me.) "Wasn't lies, It was just... bullshit."
    I love this movie, and I love the Blues Brothers. Of the two, Elwood is my favorite. Something about the way Dan Aykroyd delivers his lines, combined with the look, and that ridiculous dance, and the harmonica, it's just awesome. He almost got to spend a night with Twiggy... what might've been.

Ash from Fantastic Mr. Fox:
    "Do you think I'm an athlete?" (What are you talking about?) "Well, you know, I think I’m an athlete, and sometimes I feel like you guys don’t see me that way." "This? Nothing. Just some old trophy I won for being an athlete." "You're supposed to be my lab partner." (I am!) "No, you're not. You're disloyal."
    Ash is a silly, eccentric, awkward little fox cub who wears a cape, feels insecure in the face of his more athletic, more intelligent cousin, and is picked on for being "...different." He lashes out, spits on the ground, etc. He's funny. I like him. I think I can kind of relate to him too; growing up (and now) I am "...different" too. I also really like his cousin Kristofferson. The two have some great interactions. Really funny. In fact, the whole movie is funny. You should see this movie if you haven't. RIGHT NOW.

Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings:
    "That's for Frodo! And for the Shire! And that's for my old Gaffer!" (Go back, Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone!) "Of course you are! And I'm coming with you!" "Then let us be rid of it! Once and for all! Come on Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you! But I can carry you! Come on!"
    Ever since I first read the books, Sam was always my favorite guy. He goes a long way from being a simple, bumbling gardener to the lone support that saw Frodo through his quest in the end. He was humble and not extremely intelligent, but brave and fiercely loyal, with hidden depths and wisdom that come out here and there, and those are all traits I admire. I mean, aside, maybe, from the "not extremely intelligent" part, but everyone has their faults. His humility and loyalty are things that I think more people should strive to emulate, including myself.

Gandalf from Lord of the Rings:
    "Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." "Now, listen carefully. Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. To give him news of his beloved son's death would be most unwise. And do not mention Frodo, or the Ring. And say nothing of Aragorn either. In fact, it's better if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took." "Enough! I am Gandalf! And Gandalf means... ME!"
    (That last one's from the old cartoon movie.)

I think you can tell a lot about a writer's personality by how the main characters act; what their values are, how they might treat you, etc. I also think you can tell how wise they are by their wisest characters (probably a little more obvious.) Therefore, I think that J.R.R. Tolkien must have been a very wise man. Reminding myself of quotes from Gandalf often brings me comfort and reassurance. Also, they often make me laugh. In The Hobbit, he refers to an even that happened "One hundred years ago, last Thursday," haha. Gandalf is a great character, any way you slice it.

Chewbacca from Star Wars:
    "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!" "Grrf."
    Another fiercely loyal character. Also, big and strong. Says a lot, but indecipherable (to us.) Chewy is the beast of the group; he just throws people around and beats them up. You don't fuck with him. Coincidentally, my friends decided I was the Chewbacca of the group... I am okay with this.

There are definitely more, but I don't wanna go on and on; wanna give someone else a chance. Dodie will scold me for "writing a book." Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

.............. Favorite Movie Characters smurphy's Avatar

Re: Favorite Movie Characters

I kind of have a soft spot for bad guys and bad asses.

Kakihara from Ichi the Killer: A masochist with killer dress sense. I just love the way he is so nonchalant about everything, including cutting off his own tongue. Think Heath Ledgers Joker except way more cryptic.

Kiriyama from Battle Royale: Like Kakihara, a nonchalant psychopath serial killer. Probably the greatest ever character to not have a single line in a movie.

John McClain from Die Hard: Self explanatory.

Sanjuro from Yojimbo: Like previous, just very nonchalant about everything, for example sticking his tongue out at some women when they catch him eavesdropping on their employer, but always does what he thinks is right. And I had to have at least one Mifune character here.

The Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: The master of the understatement. But i could have had any number of Monty Python characters here. Especially the french tauntor.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite Movie Characters Xanatos's Avatar

Serverus Snape (Harry Potter) - Snape is one of those characters that grew on me more and more with every new chapter of Harry Potter. His tragic backstory and his actions later on reveal how awesome character he really is.

Murtough & Riggs (Lethal Weapon) - Probably my favorite quadrilogy with just as it happens my favorite film duo. Totally opposite from one each other in almost every possible way, from behavior to age, yet they function perfectly as one mean team. Also, who can forget one of the most epic comebacks ever "It's just been revoked"

All I could think of right now, I'll probably add more later on...

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Favorite Movie Characters

Dodie will scold me for "writing a book."
    That's only when I reply to things. I don't mind reading "books", sir.

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda

Old and wise tortoise with an eccentric streak, but very awesome kung-fu skills. Very awesome theme music too that I want to learn on the piano (link contains possible spoiler...you have been warned).

Stitch from Lilo and Stitch

I like him mostly because he's adorable as hell, but he also had nice character growth and yet still kept his attitude.

Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service

Snarky but loyal kitty cat who was voiced by the late great Phil Hartman, which was his last voice-over role before he died.

I can't think of any more right now. I'll come back and edit this though if I do.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite Movie Characters Clint's Avatar

Besides all the characters I invented and/or played over the span of my 60 year acting career.

Jonathan Crane from Batman Begins. Fantastic character, and an amazing psychopath. He was creepy and insane, and by far the greatest Batman villain in film. He wasn't psychically threatening, which made him unique from guys like Ra's Al Ghul/Ducard, and Joker and Dent from the sequel. He uses a drug to drive his victims insane. That's nuts and genius at the same time. Cillian Murphy is an amazing actor and did a hell of a job with that one.

Emmett Brown from Back to the Future. He's a crazy scientist who's only invention that actually (half) worked was a time machine he created out of a shitty 1982 GMC Delorean which continuously breaks down. Then, 100 years in the past in 1885, all of his inventions magically work, which is bizarre, since all of them are way to advanced for the Old West.

Agent Smith from The Matrix. He is a computer virus, and evil genius, and would like to dominate, not only the Matrix, but the real world. He's the anti-Neo, and deserves the title of "Chosen One" far more then Mr. Anderson, especially since he cloned himself seven ****ing billion times. That's mighty impressive.

Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. He turned Darth Vader from the Dark Side by being a whiny little bitch and refusing to kill him or defend himself. It takes massive balls to stand up to one Sith Lord, let alone two, and it takes even more balls to continue to remain conscious and whine while you're being electrocuted by the most powerful Force Sensitive being in the entire universe in order to get your evil father to prove that he's not evil and save your life.

Queen Favorite Movie Characters Crescent's Avatar

Dory -Finding Nemo
    Tamao Serizawa - Crows Zero I & II
    Takiya Genji - Crows Zero I & II
    GoGo Yubari - Kill Bill Vol 1.
    Evelyn Salt - Salt
    "Hachi" - Hachiko
    The Joker (Out of all the Batman movies ever made, just the one played by Heath Ledger) - Batman:The Dark Knight
    Ellen Ripley - Aliens
    Derek Zoolander - Zoolander http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffj8SHrbk0
    Sephiroth, Tifa, Vincent and Cloud- Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children
    Walt - Gran Torino
    Miho - Sin City
    Wesley- Wanted
    Danielle- Ever After
    Neo - The Matrix Trilogy

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite Movie Characters Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

'The man with no name' from "The good, the bad, and the ugly"
    'The man from nowhere' (forgot his name) from "the man from nowhere"
    Toshiro Mifune's character from "Seven Samurai"
    Peter Seller's Cluseau version of "The pink panther"
    Kevin Spacey's character in "Fred Claus"
    'Morpheus' from "the matrix" (He's pretty calm)
    'Master Oogway' from "Kung Fu Panda"

Think of others later
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite Movie Characters Xanatos's Avatar

I'll add few more characters to my old and rather short post...

Riddick - by far the best role Vin Diesel has ever been in, one of my all time favorite anti heroes and sci fi characters in general. He lost certain amount of mystery around him in sequel to "Pitch Black" "The Chronicles or Riddick", nevertheless, he's still a pure badass.

The Joker - Heath Ledger's performance was simply stunning, he took role of the Joker to a completely new level making him what Jack Nicholson "failed" to do, cunning, insane, dangerous, but most importantly, Batman's worst nightmare.

Jason Bourne - perfect mix of James Bond and Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne is my all time favorite agent apearing in my all time favorite action movies. The scene with him on that Bosch building is something you don't easily forget.

Clint Eastwood - every one of his characters is usually epic to say the lest, though his appearance in western movies struck me the most.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Elementalist Favorite Movie Characters IcyJJ's Avatar

Red - The Shawshank Redemption: The reason why he is my favorite actor. Morgan Freeman portrays a convict that while popular among his group, still shows remorse for the crimes he committed. He develops friendships with many different types of people no matter who they are like without discriminating.

The Bride - Kill Bill: The heroine that you want to root for.

Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty: Another movie that shows that the suburbs suck. He finally gets fed up with living his wife by everyone else's rules and decides that he will finally act for himself. I don't see it so much as a mid-life crisis over his freedom from his controllers.

Mel Brooks' Yogurt/President in Spaceballs: I wasn't sure which character I liked better. Mel Brooks is simply a genius when it comes to making hilarious movies and musicals. I almost want the President to win because I wouldn't mind living under a ruler like him. R.I.P. John Candy
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Boxer of the Galaxy Favorite Movie Characters Rowan's Avatar

Oh dae-su -Oldboy
    Kakihara - Ichi The killer
    Kim soo - I saw the Devil
    Park gang-doo - The Host
    Chicken chui - Young and Dangerous
    Monk - Monga "It takes 5 fingers to make a fist" I love that quote.
    Stanley Ipkiss - The Mask "those pajamas were... stolen" lol

larimon

my favorite movie characters Joker and Dr Evil

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Favorite Movie Characters Catalana's Avatar

Joey Tribbiani in Friends xD So funny when he was in pyramid xD

'' You put this in your coffee ''
    '' Aa a spoon,your hands,your face! ''
    '' It's white ''
    '' paper,snow, A GHOST! ''

A GHOST ! I love this moment xD

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Registered User Favorite Movie Characters Squall's Avatar

Axel Foley - Beverly Hills Cop
    Karl Childers - Sling Blade
    Will Hunting - Good Will Hunting
    Stu Shepard - Phone Booth
    Tony Montana - Scarface
    Sonny - A Bronx Tale
    Lester "Worm" Murphy - Rounders
    Johnny Utah - Point Break
    Johnny Hooker - The Sting
    Han Solo - Star Wars
    Chaney - Hard Times
    Staff Sargeant Dignam - The Departed
    Billy Costigan - The Departed
    Vito Corleone - The Godfather

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515